And that’s all I want to hear from you.
这是我唯一想听你说的
Now I asked you not to. Ever.
我请你别问 再也别问
This is absurd. Do you know what absurd means?
真是荒谬 你知道荒谬是什么意思吗?
I’m ready. I have a plane to catch.
我好了 我得去赶飞机
I found your sister in Tacoma.
我在塔科马港市找到了你姐
Maybe she’ll talk to me about something useful.
或许她会告诉我一些有用的事
Please don’t go out there.
请别去那里
Hey, this is my work, Perry. I’m working.
这是我的工作 派瑞 我在工作
And when you want to tell me what I need to hear, you let me know.
等你想把我要听的事说出来时 再通知我
June’s dead. Frank shot himself.
茱已死了 法兰克举枪自尽
Now Perry did what he did.
现在派瑞又做出那档事
I used to love him. He was my little doll.
我以前很爱他 他是我的小宝贝
He scares me now.
但现在他让我害怕
When was the last time you saw him? Ten years ago.
你上次看到他是什么时候? 10年前
Ten years.
10年
Could I borrow one of these pictures?
这几张照片能否借我?
Take the whole thing. I don’t want them anymore.
整本拿去吧 我不想要了
Don’t be taken in by my brother. He’s got this sensitive side he’ll show.
别被我弟唬住了 他会把敏感的一面给你看
You believe he’s gentle and so easily hurt…
你会相信他很温柔而且容易受伤…
but he’d just as soon kill you as shake your hand. I believe that.
但他能在转眼间就把你杀掉 我绝对相信
Hello, handsome.
哈罗 帅哥
What’s the name of your book?
你的书名是什么?
What’s the name of your book?
你的书名是什么?
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
“Truman Capote read last night before a packed audience…
“楚门卡波特昨晚 面对座无虚席的听众朗读了…
“from his nonfiction book In Cold Blood.”
“他的非虚构小说《冷血》”
“The true-crime novel tells of killers Richard Hickock…
“这部真实犯罪小说 描述了凶手李察希考克…
“and Perry Smith…
“以及派瑞史密斯…
“who brutally murdered a Kansas family three years ago.”
“于3年前粗暴地谋杀了 堪萨斯一户人家的案子”
Wait, who sent that to you? That’s not your goddamn business.
等等 这是谁寄给你的? 这他妈的不关你事
It is my business, because it’s not true.
是我的事 因为那不是真的
The organizers of the reading needed a title.
朗读会的主办人一定要有书名
They picked one, a sensational one, I admit…
他们选了一个耸动的名称 我承认…
to attract a crowd.
为了吸引群众
They picked it? Yes.
他们选的? 对
It’s not your title. Perry, I haven’t chosen one yet.
那不是你的书名 派瑞 我还没选定呢
How could I choose a title when we still haven’t talked about that night?
在我们还没谈过那天晚上以前 我怎能选定书名?
How could I? I couldn’t possibly.
我怎么能够?绝对是不行的
You pretended to be my friend.
你假装是我朋友
I’m sorry.
对不起
I should have told you.
我早该告诉你的
And I couldn’t pretend to be your friend…
我无法假装是你朋友…
’cause the truth is, I can’t help wanting to be.
因为真♥相♥是 我多渴望自己就是你朋友
You don’t have to tell me anything…
如果你不想告诉我…
if you don’t want to.
就什么都别说
I have something…
你姐姐给了我…
from your sister.
一些东西
She misses you.
她很想你
Look at my belly.
看看我的肚子
There must be something wrong with us, to do what we did.
我们一定有什么问题 才会做出这些事
We heard there was $10,000 in that house.
我们听说那房♥里有1万美金
Once we tied up everybody and searched all over…
等我们把全家人都绑好 全屋搜索过后…
I knew the guy that told us about it was wrong.
我明白告诉我们这消息的人说错了
There was no money.
屋里没有钱
Dick wouldn’t believe it…
狄克不肯相信…
so he went tearing through the house, banging on the walls…
所以他开始满屋乱跑 大敲墙壁…
Iooking for a safe.
想找保险箱
When he was done…
等他找完…
he said he was gonna go up to Nancy’s room and have his way with her.
他说他要到南西房♥间 去好好搞一下
I wouldn’t allow it.
我不准他那么做
And I told him that.
我也告诉他了
So I sat with her.
所以我守在她身旁
Dick came up and got me.
狄克走上来抓住我
We turned off the lights and went down to the basement…
我们把灯关掉 到地下室…
where Mr. Clutter and the boy was.
克拉特先生和小男孩绑在那里
He kept saying, “No witnesses”…
他不断说: “不能留下目击者”…
but I figured if I waited him out, he’d…
但我认为如果给他时间…
He’d give up and we’d leave them tied up there.
他就会打消那个念头 然后我们会离开被绑的那家人
And we’d drive all night. They’d never find us.
我们会整夜开车 谁也不会找到我们
We tied Mr. Clutter’s wrists to a pipe over his head.
我们把克拉特先生的手腕 绑在他头上的水管上
And he looked hurt, so I cut him down.
他看来很痛的样子 所以我把绳子砍断
I put a box out there so he’d be more comfortable.
还把一个箱子放到他身旁 让他坐得舒服些
He asked how his wife and daughter was and I said they were fine…
他问起他太太和女儿 我说她们没事…
and they were getting ready for sleep, and it wouldn’t be long…
她们准备要睡觉了 再过不久…
till morning when they’d find him.
到了早上就会有人发现他了
He was just looking at me.
他就那样看着我
Looking into my eyes.
直直看进我眼睛
Like he expected me to kill him.
好像要我杀了他
Like he expected me to be the kind of person who would kill him.
好像要我成为会杀掉他的那种人
I was thinking, “This nice man is scared of me.”
我在想: “这个好人在怕我”
I was so ashamed.
我觉得很羞耻
I mean, I thought he was a very nice…
我是说 我以为他是个善良的…
gentle man.
宽大的人
And I thought so right up till I slit his throat.
直到我划破他的喉咙前 我都这样以为
I didn’t know what I did till I heard the sound.
我不知道自己做了什么事 直到听到那声音
Added up…
总共…
how much money did you get from the Clutters that night?
那天晚上你们从克拉特家 总共得到多少钱?
Between $40 and $50.
约在40到50美金之间
I mean, the truth is, I’m desperate to be done with it.
实情是 我极想把书写完
I’ve spent four years of my life on this book.
我花了4年时间在这本书上
They got a stay of execution yesterday.
他们昨天获准缓刑了
Another, yes.
对 又一次
Supreme Court.
最高法庭
It’s harrowing.
很折磨人
Me, all I want to do is to write the ending and there’s no end in sight.
我只想写出结局 但眼前却看不到结局
No, thank you.
不 谢谢
“Dear friend Truman, haven’t heard from you in such a long while.”
“亲爱的朋友楚门 实在好久没你的音讯了”
“Please help find new lawyer.”
“请帮忙找位新律师”
“If not, Dick will have to write the Supreme Court brief himself.”
“否则狄克就得亲自写信给最高法庭”
“Our last appeal. What a pair of wretched creatures.”
“我们最后一次上诉 真是一对可怜鬼”
“Please help. Your amigo?”
“请帮帮忙 你的朋友?”
“Perry.”
“派瑞”
Just put it with the others.
跟其它的信放在一起
You know, at least for Nelle…
至少面对妮欧…
you should try and pretend you’re having a good time tonight.
你该设法假装你今晚非常高兴
I thought I’d find you here.
我就知道在这里可以找到你
Oh, Nelle.
噢 妮欧
Thank you.
谢谢
I’ll have another, please.
请再给我一杯
How are you? Terrible.
你好吗? 很惨
I’m sorry to hear that.
听你这么说我真遗憾
I mean, it’s torture the way…
我觉得这真是折磨…
What they’re doing to me.
他们这样对我
And now it’s the Supreme Court.
现在又上最高法庭
And can you believe it?
你能相信吗?
If they win this appeal…
如果他们胜诉了…
I will…
我会…
have a complete nervous breakdown.
我会完全精神崩溃
I may never recover…
可能永远无法恢复…
and I’ll just pray that it turns my way.
我只能祈祷情况会对我有利
It must be difficult. It’s torture.
一定很困难 是折磨
They’re torturing me.
他们在折磨我
I see.
我懂了
And how’d you like the movie, Truman?
楚门 你觉得这部电影怎么样?
I frankly don’t see what all the fuss is about.
老实说我真不懂这有什么好兴奋的
Hello.
喂
Mr. Truman Capote? Yeah.
是楚门卡波特先生吗? 是
I have a call from Mr. Perry Smith
我这边有位派瑞史密斯先生
in the Kansas Correctional System.
从堪萨斯惩戒院打来的电♥话♥
Will you accept charges?
你愿意付费吗?