This is to be dispensed as you see fit.
这些就让你自♥由♥支用
You know, I didn’t know where to count your boy at first…
刚开始我并不知道 如何将你朋友归类…
him being half-lndian.
因为他有一半印地安人血统
But I did him a favor. I counted him as a white man.
但我帮了个忙 把他当成白人
You’re a kind and generous man.
你真是仁慈又大方
Spread your feet.
双腿张开
This way.
这边走
Hey, hey. Yeah, hello.
嘿 哈罗
Hey, thanks a lot for your help with the lawyer.
嘿 非常谢谢你帮忙找律师
Oh, that’s fine.
噢 那没什么
Wow. You must be really desperate for a story to come all the way out here.
哇 你一定超想写报道 才会大老远跑来这里
You want to go see Perry, go ahead.
你想看派瑞 去吧
Thank you.
谢谢
You want my advice, though, Mr. Capote…
给你个建议 卡波特先生…
he’s just trying to prove the insanity defense.
他只是在装疯卖♥♥傻来逃避刑责
It’s okay.
没事的
It’s okay.
没事的
It’s Truman. It’s your friend.
我是楚门 你的朋友
It’s okay.
没事的
This is before she had us.
这是她生我们之前的
Before she started drinking.
在她开始酗酒之前
Who took care of you as a child?
你还小的时候由谁照顾?
Orphanage.
孤儿院
Me and Linda.
我和琳达
And that’s your sister?
那是你姐姐?
You know, we’re not so different as you might think.
你我之间并没有你想像中那么不同
Yeah, I was abandoned repeatedly as a child.
对 我小时候不断被人遗弃
My mama would drag me along to some new town…
我妈会带着我到新城镇…
so she could take up with another man she’d met.
好跟另一个男人交往
Night after night, she’d lock me in the hotel room alone.
每晚她都把我独自一人 锁在旅馆房♥间
Mama would turn the latch and tell the staff not to let me out no matter what.
我妈会拉上门栓 并告诉管♥理♥员♥无论如何不能让我出去
And I was terrified.
我吓坏了
And I’d scream my head off…
我大声叫喊…
until finally I’d collapse…
最后崩溃在…
on the carpet next to the door and I’d fall asleep.
门边的地毯上 然后睡着
Then after years of this…
这样过了几年之后…
she just left me…
她把我丢给…
with relatives in Alabama.
阿♥拉♥巴马州的亲戚
Who raised you up?
谁扶养你长大?
My aunts.
我阿姨
And that’s where I met Nelle.
因此我认识了妮欧
And she lived next door.
她就住在隔壁
Your mother was Indian?
你妈是印地安人?
Cherokee.
柴罗基族
So drinking was not a good thing for her.
那喝酒对她可不是好事了
No tolerance for it.
完全没酒量
We’re on suicide watch.
我们受到自杀监控
That’s why they leave the lights on at night.
所以他们才整夜不关灯
I hope we’re past that now.
希望那念头已经过去了
I do.
真的
Be careful of Ricardo.
小心李察
I think he wants you all to himself.
我想他要独占你的注意
All right.
好的
But he’s naturally mendacious.
但他天性虚伪
Not to be trusted.
不要信任他
If he had $100, he’d steal a stick of chewing gum.
如果他有100元美金 就会去偷一条泡泡糖
Perry, I want to take your notebooks with me.
派瑞 我要带走你的日记本
I want to read them.
我想好好看看
If I leave here without understanding you…
如果我在不了解你的情况下离去…
the world will see you as a monster…
全世界都会把你当成怪物…
always.
直到永远
I don’t want that.
我不想那样
‘Cause he trusts me. I mean, that’s why he gave it to me.
因为他信任我 所以才会把日记给我
And he’s given me absolutely everything.
他把一切都给我了
And he wants so badly to be taken seriously…
他极度想要被重视…
to be held in some esteem.
被人尊重
Do you?
你呢?
Do I what?
我什么?
Do you hold him in esteem, Truman?
楚门 你尊重他吗?
Well…
这…
he’s a gold mine.
他是个金矿
And he’s told me his entire life.
他告诉了我他的一生
His dead mother.
他死去的母亲
He had a brother and a sister kill themselves.
他还有一个哥哥和一个姐姐 都自杀了
Awful.
好惨
Did you tell him your mama did the same thing?
你有没有说 你妈也有那么做?
See, I can’t tell him everything.
我不能什么都讲
We’ve been talking our heads off for the past month.
过去这个月来我们谈了一大堆
And sometimes…
有时候…
when I think how good my book can be, I can hardly breathe.
当我想到这本书会有多精采时 简直无法呼吸
Anyway, this is what I wanted to read to you.
我想念这一段给你听
“If called upon to make a speech”…
“若有人要我演说”…
“If called upon to make a speech”?
“若有人要我演说”?
I mean, this is exactly what I’m talking about.
你看 这正是我的意思
A speech, just in case he’s ever recognized for an achievement.
好像他哪天真会有什么成就
“I can’t remember what I was going to say for the life of me.”
“我怎样也想不出来该说什么”
“I don’t think ever before have so many people been so directly responsible…
“从未有那么多人 直接带给我极度的高兴…
“for my being so very, very glad.”
“这是从未有过的事”
“It’s a wonderful moment and a rare one.”
“真是美好而稀有的时刻”
“Thank you!”
“谢谢!”
There’s an exclamation point at the end of that “thank you”…
在”谢谢”之后有个惊叹号♥…
in case you didn’t catch it.
你可能没听出来
Where’d you go?
你怎么啦?
I guess it stopped being funny.
我想这已经不好笑了
I never said it was.
我从没说过这好笑啊
Wait, listen to this.
等等 听听这段
I was 14.
我14岁
One day I said to her, “Mom’s dead.” I could see it.
有天我对她说: “妈妈已经死了” 我看得出来
A week later we got the news. She finally drunk herself…
一星期后我们接到通知 她大概是酒喝多了之类的
Found her shivering…
发现她在打颤…
She hit me so many times with that flashlight…
她用那支手电筒打了我好几次…
she broke it.
打到坏掉
That night, I dreamed about that big yellow bird.
当晚我梦到了那只大黄鸟
Clawed that nun’s eyes, bright like the sun.
抓扯那尼姑的双眼 耀眼得像太阳
Lifted me to the sky.
把我升上了天空
Sometimes you see a thing how it really is.
有时候你看到事情的真面目
Well, you’re nothing if not hardworking.
如果你不努力就一文不值
Hey, you look good. Healthy again.
嘿 你看来很不错 气色很好
You know, I’ve decided on a title for my book.
我决定要取什么书名了
I think you’ll like it.
我想你会喜欢的
It’s very masculine.
非常有男人味
In Cold Blood.
《冷血》
Isn’t that good?
很不错吧?
And that refers to the crime
那标题指的是这个案子
or the fact that you’re still talking to the criminals?
还是指你还在跟凶手交谈的这个事实?
The former, among other things.
大部分是前者
I see.
原来如此
I wanted to ask…
我想问…
if you’d let me look at your investigation notes.
你是否能让我看你的检调纪录
That lawyer you helped find for your friends…
你替你朋友所找的律师…
got them a hearing at the Kansas Supreme Court…
替他们争取到 堪萨斯最高法♥院♥的审讯…
I heard this morning.
我今早听说了
…on the issue of inadequate counsel.
专审辩护人不合适之事
Alvin…
艾尔文…
I mean, do you not want me to look at your notes?
你是否不想让我看记录?
You are permitted to say no.
你有权利说不
I’ll tell you what.
告诉你吧
If those boys get off…
如果那两人免于被判刑…
I’m coming to Brooklyn to hunt you down.
我会亲自到布鲁克林区追捕你
I have to be in court at 9:00…
我9点得上法庭…