Danny Burke?
丹尼伯克?
Laura?
萝拉?
Thank you.
谢谢你
Truman.
楚门
I’m gonna find out where that girl lives.
我要查出那女孩住哪
Can I do that alone?
我自己去行吗?
All right?
好吗?
Okay.

I think I scared a friend of yours this morning.
我想我今天早上吓到你的一个朋友了
She came looking for you when I was writing.
她在我写作时跑来找你
You hate my friends. No, I wouldn’t say “hate.”
你讨厌我朋友 不至于到”讨厌”啦
Just as long as they don’t knock on my door.
只要他们不来敲我的门就好
I saw the bodies today.
我今天看到尸体了
Which? The Clutters.
谁的? 克拉特家人的
I looked inside the coffins.
我往棺材里看
That’s horrifying.
太可怕了
It comforts me.
那让我安心
Something so horrifying…
那么可怕的事…
It’s a relief.
是个解脱
Normal life falls away.
正常生活消逝了
But then, I was never much for normal life.
但正常生活我也不是很有兴趣啦
No.

Yeah, people here won’t talk to me.
对 这边的人不肯跟我说话
They want someone like you, like Nelle.
他们要像你或妮欧那样的人
Me, they hate.
他们讨厌我
I can’t think of a single quality I share with Nelle.
我想不出自己和妮欧有任何共同点
Well… Maybe manliness.
噢… 或许是男子气概吧
Good morning, Henry. Good morning, sir.
早安 亨利 早安 先生
Let’s go.
走吧
Bye.

Hi, Danny. I’m Harper Lee.
嗨 丹尼 我是哈波李
Nancy was your best friend?
南西是你最要好的朋友?
Yeah, she was my best friend.
对 她是我最要好的朋友
How has Danny been?
丹尼最近如何?
Pretty shattered.
烦乱极了
Nothing terrible has ever happened to him before.
过去他从未经历过这么可怕的事
Danny was the last one at the house that night.
丹尼是当天晚上最晚离开的
That’s why Mr. Dewey keeps interviewing him.
因此敦伊先生才一直来找他谈
They don’t think that he had anything to do with it.
他们不认为他与此案有关
It’s just to see if he remembers anything unusual.
只是想知道他是否记得任何不寻常的事
People in town do seem to wonder if he was involved.
镇上的人似乎都觉得他有涉案
Yeah. That’s been really hard for Danny.
对 丹尼真的很不好受
Oh, it’s the hardest when someone has a notion about you…
最困难的是别人对你有成见…
and it’s impossible to convince them otherwise.
而完全不可能被说服改变
Ever since I was a child, folks have thought they had me pegged…
我从小就被当成异类…
because of the way I…
只因为…
The way I am.
因为我不一样
You know, the way I talk.
你知道 我的说话方式
And they’re always wrong.
他们永远是错的
You know what I mean?
你懂我的意思吗?
Yeah.

I wanna show you something.
我想给你看样东西
Maybe this will give you a better picture of what happened.
或许这有助于你们了解当晚发生的事
What is this? It’s your diary.
这是什么? 是你的日记
“Danny here tonight and we watched TV.”
“丹尼今晚过来一起看电视”
“So nice just having him sit with us.”
“有他跟我们在一起真好”
“Left at 11:00.”
“11点时离开”
“P.S. He’s the only one I really love.”
“附注: 他是我唯一爱的人”
And that was that.
就这样了
Did Laura say “shattered”?
萝拉有说”烦乱”吗?
“Pretty shattered. Nothing terrible has ever happened to him before.”
“烦乱极了” “过去他从未经历过这么可怕的事”
You know I have 94% recall of all conversations?
你知道我可以记下所有对话的94%?
I’ve tested myself.
我自我测验过的
Well…
那…
how did that happen?
怎么做到的?
Apparently Detective Foxy’s wife has read fiction.
显然狡猾探长的太太看过小说
That’s great.
太好了
We’re in.
有门路了
We are in. In.
有门路 路
You came. Hi.
你来了 嗨
Thank you for having us. Thank you.
谢谢你接待我们 谢谢
Get yourselves in here.
快请进
Alvin, get your pants on. They’re here.
艾尔文 快准备一下 他们来了
Hey, little Deweys. Hi.
嗨 小敦伊 嗨
Hi.

Shake it with your wrist.
用手腕摇
Use your whole arm.
用整条手臂
More.
用力一点
You think I’m kidding around, but I’m serious.
你以为我在乱开玩笑 但我是认真的
Mama would’ve put in half the bottle. She had to buy it by the crate.
我妈放了半瓶 她只得大箱大箱的买♥♥
Alvin’s gonna hate this.
艾尔文不会喜欢的
I have to stop.
我得停止了
Oh, I cannot believe you’re from New Orleans.
真不敢相信你是从纽奥良来的
I miss it so much.
我好想念那里
Well, I only lived there for a short while, but my mama was born and bred.
我只在那里住过一阵子 但我妈是在那里长大的
You know something?
你知道吗?
Alvin pretends he doesn’t know who you are, but the minute you came to town…
艾尔文假装不认识你 但你一来到镇上…
he read your books. No!
他就看了你的书 不会吧?
He had one of his men pick up Breakfast at Tiffany’s in Kansas City…
他还请属下到堪萨斯市 去买♥♥《第凡内早餐》…
’cause it’s banned in the library here.
因为那是这边图书馆的禁书
And he said, “I feel like you’re spiting me.”
他说: “我觉得你在刁难我”
I said, “Do you think I took this job to spite you?”
我说: “你认为我做这个工作 就为了刁难你?”
I was writing the script as they were filming, all that time in Italy…
他们拍电影时 我还一直在意大利写剧本…
and I’d work like mad all day long…
我日夜不停地写作…
and then dash down to the bar around midnight…
然后在午夜冲进酒吧…
to hand in the next day’s scenes.
交出第二天的戏稿
And Humphrey had just about moved into the hotel bar…
当时亨佛莱正要入住旅馆酒吧…
Humphrey Bogart.
亨佛莱鲍嘉
…where he and John…
他和约翰就在那…
John Huston.
约翰休士顿
…had…
有了…
They drank every night.
他们每晚喝酒
And I mean drank, you know, like famished water buffaloes.
我是说真的豪饮 像饿坏了的水牛
Well…
然后…
I’d only just handed them the final scene when the bellhop told me I had a phone call.
我才刚交出最后一幕戏稿 侍者就说有人打电♥话♥找我
And it was my stepfather, Joe Capote…
是我继父乔卡波特打来的…
calling to say that my mother had died.
说我妈过世了
I flew home to New York, terribly distraught…
我飞回纽约 心烦意乱得不得了…
but when I got to the apartment…
但我来到公♥寓♥时…
I could see that Joe was in even worse shape than I was.
发现乔比我还要沮丧
He grabbed my hand and he said to me…
他抓住了我的手说…
“Talk.”
“说话”
“Talk about anything.” You know?
“随便说什么都好” 你们知道吗?
“I mean, any subject in the world.”
“任何话题都行”
“Don’t worry whether it’ll interest me or not.”
“别管我会不会有兴趣”
“Just talk…
“只要说话…
“so I won’t break down.”
“我才不会崩溃”
He couldn’t bear to be alone with his thoughts.
他无法独处
It was too painful.
太痛苦了
It’s been a hard couple of weeks for Alvin.
这几周来艾尔文也很不好受
He and Herb Clutter were good friends from church.
他和赫伯克拉特是教堂老友了
Oh, Marie.
噢 玛莉
Oh, come on, Alvin. These are good people.
别这样 艾尔文 他们都是好人
Why would they put a pillow under the boy’s head
他们既然要射杀那男孩
just to shoot him?
为什么还先在他头下面放个枕头?
Why would they tuck Nancy in?
为什么要把南西放到床上去?
So many of my friends would love to meet you.
我还有很多朋友都很想见你
Oh, that’d be fine. You don’t have to worry…
噢 没问题的 你不必担心…
’cause I’m not going to write about this till everything’s over.
因为在事情尚未解决前 我不会写出来的
Well, I’m not worried.
我并不担心

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!