Hello?
有人吗?
Nancy?
南西?
Exactly.
没错
But at least be honest about the facts.
至少要诚实面对事实
That’s what I’m saying. Who’s honest?
我就是这个意思 谁是诚实的?
I’m honest.
我就是
I am honest about what I write about.
我对我写的东西都很诚实
I’ll let you know if it’s autobiographical, or if it’s about me, or if it’s not.
我会让你知道这是否为自传式作品 是否关于我本人
And I find autobiographical stories at this juncture of my life to be quite boring.
但我觉得我生命里 这段时期的自传式故事挺无聊的
…say I’m one thing, but actually you’re another thing.
假设我是这样 但实际上却不是这样
I think being true to who you are is important.
我认为对自己诚实很重要
I’m not saying you need to be psychoanalytical about the whole mess.
并不是说你得用精神分♥析♥ 来看待这一切
But don’t be afraid. Yeah, I… But don’t be afraid.
但不要害怕 对 但不要害怕
I had lunch with Jimmy Baldwin the other day.
那天我和吉米鲍德温一起吃午饭
How is he? He’s a lovely man.
他这人怎样? 他人很和善
And he told me the plot of his new book.
他跟我说了他新书的情节
And he said to me, “But I just want to make sure…
他对我说: “我只是想确定…
it’s not one of those problem novels.”
这不会成为问题小说”
And I said, “Jimmy…
我说: “吉米…
your novel’s about a Negro homosexual who’s in love with a Jew.”
你的小说讲的是黑人同性恋 爱上了一个犹太人”
“Wouldn’t you call that a problem?”
“难道这还不叫问题吗?”
And he looked at me and he laughed because he knew I was right.
他看了看我 笑了 因为他知道我是对的
I’m saying, you know, if you’re gonna write something like that…
我是说 如果你要写类似的东西…
at least be honest why you’re writing it.
至少要诚实面对你写作的理由
Can’t we just be honest?
诚实有这么难吗?
Well, I don’t think you actually need to be honest.
我认为你其实不必诚实
But don’t come asking some white man from the South…
但别问一个来自南方的白佬…
whether your book about a black man fucking some Jew…
你那本关于黑人跟犹太人上♥床♥…
when they’re both of the same sex…
且他们还是同性的书是否…
is an issue!
有问题!
Don’t ask me that!
别来问我!
Oh, no, it’s not an issue, Jimmy.
噢 不是问题 吉米
Everyone’s gonna be quite pleased with that topic.
大家会很喜欢那题材喔
So how about you, Truman? Do you admit it?
那楚门你呢?你是同性恋吗?
Well, I’m not nearly that controversial.
我可没那么有争议
I’m not! I’m not! I am not.
我不是!我不是!
I’m not nearly that controversial.
我没那么有争议啦
Oh, come on.
拜托
Hi. It’s Truman for William Shawn, please.
喂 我是楚门 请找威廉尚恩
Have you read the article about the killings in Kansas…
你看到《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》头版…
in the front section of The New York Times?
关于堪萨斯州命案的新闻了吗?
I think that’s what I want to write about.
那正是我想写的
I want to go tonight.
我今晚就想去
I figured you’d missed it. I’m sorry.
我以为你没赶上车 抱歉
That’s all right. I thought I was heading to Kansas by myself.
没关系… 我以为得单独去堪萨斯州了呢
God, I’m glad you agreed to come.
天啊 真高兴你愿意同来
You’re the only one I know with the qualifications…
你是我认识的人中 唯一有资格…
to be both a research assistant and a personal bodyguard.
身兼研究助理和个人保镖的
Thank you.
谢谢
Now I’m nervous.
现在我开始紧张了
Yes?
谁呀?
Mr. Truman Capote and Miss Nelle Harper Lee?
请问是楚门卡波特先生 和妮欧哈波李小姐吗?
That’s us. Where would you like these, sir?
是的 请问行李要放哪?
You can put that right there between the doors.
就放在门边吧
What all did you bring?
你带了什么呀?
Just a few things.
一点东西
Thank you greatly, sir. Thank you.
非常感谢您 谢谢
You’re welcome.
不客气
It’s an honor to have you with us, sir…
很荣幸有您搭乘这班车…
and I hope you won’t mind me saying…
希望您不介意我这么说…
but I thought your last book was even better than the first.
但我认为您的上一本书 比第一本好太多了
Thank you.
谢谢
I mean, just when you think they’ve gotten as good as they can get.
您的每本书都青出于蓝
Thank you very much. Ma’am.
非常谢谢你 女士
You’re pathetic.
你真可悲
What? You paid him to say that.
什么? 你付钱叫他这么说的
You paid him to say that.
你付钱叫他这么说的
How did you know?
你怎么知道的?
“Just when you think they’ve gotten as good as they can get”?
“您的每本书都青出于蓝”?
I thought that was a good line.
我以为那句词很棒呢
Do you think that was too much? Yeah, a bit.
你认为太过头了吗? 对 有点
Your keys.
你的钥匙
Sign here, please. Thank you.
请在这签名 谢谢
Alvin Dewey…
艾尔文敦伊…
Kansas Bureau of Investigation.
堪萨斯调查局
KBI.
KBI
KBI.
KBI
Hi. I’m looking for Alvin Dewey.
嗨 我要找艾尔文敦伊
Hi.

Mr. Dewey. Truman Capote, from The New Yorker.
敦伊先生 我是《纽约客》的楚门卡波特
Bergdorf’s. Sorry?
柏克多夫买♥♥的 什么?
The scarf. Oh.
围巾 噢
Nice. Thank you.
不错 谢谢
Mr. Dewey, I wonder when we could arrange an interview, some time to talk.
敦伊先生 不晓得能否安排一个访谈?
About what?
谈什么?
Well, we’re not looking for any inside information.
我们不是要找内♥幕♥消息
You know, I don’t care one way or another if you catch whoever did this.
我完全不关心你们能否抓到凶手
I’m writing an article on how the Clutter killings are affecting the town.
我要写篇稿子… 描述克拉特命案对整个镇的影响
You know, how you all are bearing up.
以及大家对此事的感受
I care.
我关心
Excuse me? I care.
什么? 我关心
I care a great deal if we catch whoever did this.
我非常关心能否抓到凶手
Oh, I see.
噢 了解
As do a lot of folks around here. Oh, of course.
这里的很多人也都关心 噢 当然
Do you have press credentials?
你有记者证吗?
What’s a New Yorker? Magazine.
纽约客是什么? 是杂♥志♥
Magazines don’t give out…
不会泄露…
You can come to the news conference with the rest of them.
你可跟大家一起参加记者招待会
Sears, Roebuck.
西尔斯罗巴克牌的
The boy was 16?
那男孩16岁?
He was 15.
他15岁
Nancy was 16.
南西才是16岁
And it’s her friend that found them?
是她朋友发现他们的吗?
Laura Kinney. Can you spell that?
萝拉柯尼 能否请你拼出来?
I assume you’re okay with the Laura part.
我想萝拉怎么拼应该没有疑问
K-l-N-N-E-Y.
柯-尼
But, please, leave her be.
但请别烦扰她
There’s talk of a bunch of Mexicans. A whole bunch of Mexicans.
谣传是一大群墨西哥人干的
Hello, George.
嗨 乔治
It’s good to see you again.
真高兴又看到你
I do have an opinion whether this was the work of one man…
我对本案是否为一人所为 或者如你所言…
or “a whole bunch,” as you said…
是由一大群人做的 的确有所定见…
but it doesn’t matter a whole lot…
但重点并不在于…
whether it was Mexicans or Methodists or Eskimos.
是墨西哥人 公会教♥徒♥ 或爱斯基摩人所为
We’re gonna find whoever did this.
我们都会找出凶手
Now, four good people from our community are dead.
我们社区里的四位好人死了
So let’s remember that.
大家谨记这点吧
The West Kansas Farm Committee…
西部堪萨斯农委会…
is offering a $1,000 reward…
提拨1千美金悬赏…
for information leading to an arrest.
给任何对逮捕有利的线索
Please print that.
请记下这点
And thank you all for coming.
感谢各位光临
He was foxy with that old man.
他对那老人很狡猾
This make you miss Alabama?
这会让你想念阿♥拉♥巴马州?
Not even a little bit.
才不会呢
You lie. I don’t lie.
你说谎 我不说谎
Good morning. Hi.
早安 嗨
Can any of you tell me where I’d find Laura Kinney?
你们哪位可以告诉我 萝拉柯尼在哪里?
Is that her? With the boy?
那就是她?跟男孩在一起的?
Yeah, with Danny Burke.
对 那是丹尼伯克

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!