who safely landed an airbus in the Hudson River
机上150名乘客全部获救
saving the lives of 150 passengers? – (patriotic music playing)
真正的美国英雄
Man: A true American hero. – (applause)
他会见市长 身临国情咨文演说现场
Moore: He met the mayor. He went to the State of the Union.
老天 他还去了超级杯
Heck, he even went to the Super Bowl.
接着又进了议会
And then he went to Congress.
我一生的激♥情♥都献给了飞行
Sullenberger: Flying has been my lifelong passion.
虽然喜欢这个行业
But while I love my profession,
但不满意它目前的发展
I do not like what has happened to it.
这是我的个人经历
(music halts) – It is my personal experience
当时我决定留在这个我所热爱的行业
that my decision to remain in the profession I love
但现在 这个决定却让我和我的家人背负巨大的经济压力
has come at a great financial cost to me and to my family.
我的薪水少了40%
My pay has been cut 40%.
像大多数航♥空♥业一样 我的退休金也已停止支付
My pension, like most airline pensions, has been terminated.
所以 我毫不夸张地说
So please do not think I exaggerate when I say that I do not know
没有一个飞行员希望自己的孩子
a single professional airline pilot who wants his or her children
以后也从事这个行业
to follow in their footsteps.
哇哦 Sully 你把整个会场都镇住了
Moore: Whoa, you cleared the room with that one, Sully.
我想议员们可不喜欢听这些
I don’t think the congressmen wanted to hear that stuff.
他们喜欢是”英雄”的那个你 – 目前…
They like you as a hero. – The current experience…
(patriotic music over dialogue)
作为飞行员 你的起薪是多少?
Moore: What was your starting pay as a pilot?
第一年是1.9万
I made $19,000 the first year.
第二年涨到大概2.2万 2.3万的样子
I was bumped up to about 22,000 or 23,000 the second year.
去年的工资总额
Last year, gross pay
是1.76万
I made $17,600.
作为新人 初到航♥空♥业的时候
There’s a joke in the airline when we get our wings pinned on us
航♥空♥公♥司♥里流传着这么一个笑话:
as new-hire airline pilots that the company just kinda says,
“嘿 别穿着制♥服♥去申请食物券”
“Hey, don’t apply for food stamps in your uniform.”
我不了解你 但我希望
Moore: I don’t know about you, but I want the pilot
带我飞上三万英尺的人 能拿着一份不错的薪水
who’s got me 30,000 feet up in the air to be paid really well
而不是坐在驾驶室里
and not sitting up in the cockpit digging through the pilot’s seat
搜寻着座椅上的零钱
looking for loose change.
大概有四个月的时间
There was a period of about 4 months
我靠食物券度日
where I was on food stamps.
靠食物券? – 是的
You were on food stamps? – Yes.
那时仍在飞行? – 嗯
And you were still flying the plane? – Yes.
用… 用我的食物卡
With my– with my food stamp card.
那个食物券发放办公室的女士
The lady I talked to in the food stamp office,
当我告诉她我是飞行员时 她面不改色
when I told her I was a pilot, she didn’t bat an eye,
但她不… 我知道她不相信我
but she didn’t– I knew she didn’t believe me.
你是怎么熬过来的? 用什么来支付?
Moore: How have you gotten by? How have you been able to afford things?
不用食物券的时候 我偶尔用信♥用♥卡♥
Relying on credit cards to buy the groceries at times
买♥♥些日用品 – 哦 真的?
when I wasn’t on food stamps. – Oh, really?
我的信♥用♥卡♥透♥支♥了大约1万
I have about $10,000 in credit card debt
只是因为买♥♥生活必需品
just on the necessities,
而不是为了买♥♥大屏幕电视机和音响设备
not on the big-screen TV and the stereo.
你用它只是买♥♥日常用品 只是为了过活
Moore: You’re using it to buy your groceries and get by.
是的 – 那你有学生贷款吗?
Yes. – Do you have any student loan debt?
有 – 多少?
Yes. – How much?
我的大约8万
Mine is about 80,000.
我贷了10万 – 学生贷款?
I took out $100,000. – Moore: Student loans?
照现在这个利率 到我还贷的时候
And by the time I pay it back, at this rate,
加上那些利 费 罚款
it’ll probably cost me well over a half a million with interest
可能要超过50万
and fees and penalties.
我不喜欢想这些… 我不想花时间去想这些
It’s something that I don’t– I don’t like to spend a lot of time
一想这些就让人抓狂
thinking about because it’s abysmal.
想到自己欠下的债和少得可怜的薪水
It’s one way that I get down really quickly
对于这个业已选择的职业
about my chosen career field
我很容易就变得焦躁不安
is to think about how much I owe and how little I make.
有没有找过副业来缓解这么拮据的生活?
Moore: Have you had to work a second job to make ends meet?
我帮别人遛狗
I walk dogs on the side,
还配送MonaVie果汁
I distribute MonaVie Juice.
我知道有飞行员捐赠血浆
I have known pilots to donate plasma
来赚外快
for extra cash.
你是说他们献血? – 他们… 嗯…
You mean they give blood? – They– well–
他们可以在飞行的同时还能赚外快?
So they can make extra money even though they’re flying an airplane?
是的 他们捐赠血浆
Yeah. They donate their plasma.
献的是成分血 他们会付给你血浆的钱
So they get the blood back, but you can get paid for plasma.
哦 我明白了
(chuckles) – Oh, I see.
他们先把血抽出来 分离出血浆…
They suck the blood out of you, take the plasma…
再把血输回去 – …输给你…
Give you the blood back. – …give you the–
哦 嗯 也还不错
Oh, well then, not such a bad deal.
他们继续飞行的唯一理由就是因为他们的热爱
The only reason people stay flying is because they love it.
管理者利用了这一点
And managements take advantage of that.
航♥空♥公♥司♥想方设法
The airlines have managed to farm out
把很多航线分包出去
a lot of the flying to commuters
竭力终止这个联盟
in an effort to basically bust the unions.
你做不到
You can’t compete
逐年以越来越低的成本运行
to a lower and lower level every year
同时还能保证强有力的安全措施
without skimping on safety somehow.
2009年2月12日 晚上10点15分左右
Moore: At approximately 10:15 PM on February 12, 2009,
大♥陆♥航♥空♥3407号♥班机
Continental connection flight 3407
准备降落于水牛城的机场
began its descent to the airport in Buffalo.
(sirens wailing)
稍等 收到地面通讯信♥号♥♥
Man: Stand by, there’s some ground communication,
不是州警就是郡警
either state police or sheriff’s department.
我们必须看看地面有什么
We need to find out if anything is on the ground.
飞机离我们5英里远 突然间就和他们
This aircraft was 5 miles out, and all of a sudden
失去了联♥系♥
we have no response to that aircraft.
我能告诉你的就是 一架飞机坠落在民居
All I could tell you is there was an aircraft over the marker
暂时无法联络
and we’re not talking to them now.
无一生还
Moore: No one survived the crash
50人罹难
and 50 people lost their lives.
媒体将焦点放在飞行员的行为上
The media focused on the actions of the pilots.
Marvin Renslow机长和Shaw大副
Reporter: Captain Marvin Renslow and First Officer Shaw
当时正在闲聊他们的职业
were chatting about their careers.
“职业”是一个委婉的说法
Moore: “Careers” is a euphemism
他们真正聊的是:
for what the pilots were really talking about:
少得可怜的薪水和一直以来的过度工作
how little they were paid and how overworked they were.
媒体不可能关注的是:
There would be no discussion in the media
为什么我们的经济体制允许
about why we have an economic system
Taco Bell快餐店的管理人员比飞行员拿着更多的薪水
that allows a pilot to be paid less than a manager at Taco Bell.
大副Shaw
Reporter: First Officer Shaw
年薪在1.6万到2万之间
made between $16,000 and $20,000 a year
也曾同时做过两份工作
and at one point worked a second job.
另一份工作是在
Moore: Her second job had been waitressing
咖啡店当服务生
at a coffee shop.
这些航♥空♥公♥司♥都是怎么得逞的呢?
How are these companies able to get away with this?
我想这就是资本主义的本质
(laughs) I guess that’s the point of capitalism.
它可以让你无所不能
It allows you to get away with anything,
就像公♥司♥赚员工的死人钱
like making a profit off the death of an employee.
小甜心 我来 用这个可以打开
Sweetie, I can open it. Let’s try it with this.
她叫Irma Johnson
Moore: This is Irma Johnson.
Irma的丈夫Dan是德州休斯敦
Irma’s husband Dan worked in middle management
Amegy银行的中层管理者
at Amegy Bank in Houston, Texas.
要涂这个酱吗? – 不要
Wanna try to spread it? – No.
不久前 Dan死于癌症
Moore: Dan recently died of cancer,
抛下了妻子Irma和两个儿子
leaving behind Irma and their 2 sons.
但Irma有所不知的是 Amegy银行私下里
But unbeknownst to Irma, Amegy had taken out
为Dan购买♥♥了人寿保险
a secret life insurance policy on Dan’s life.
一旦Dan死去 银行就冠冕堂皇地
The bank generously named itself as the beneficiary
把自己当作受益人
in the event of Dan’s death.
保险公♥司♥偶然告知Irma
The insurance company then accidentally informed Irma
Amegy银行在Dan去世几个星期后
that Amegy Bank had received a check for $1?million
拿到了150万
just weeks after Dan died.
多谢帮忙
Thank you for helping.
他们一直都没告诉我
Johnson: They never told me.
我想搞清楚 他们为什么给他购买♥♥保险?
I wanted to find out, well, why did they purchase a policy for him?
你对此一无所知? – 嗯
Moore: You didn’t know about it? – No.
他们把自己指定为受益人
And they named themselves as the beneficiary.
是的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!