首先 告诉这些户主们 他们拥有了一座银行
First, tell these homeowners that they own a bank.
这座银行就是他们的房♥屋
And that bank is your home.
如果你的房♥屋值二十五万
So if your home is worth $250,000,
那你就是四分之一个百万富翁了
that makes you a quarter millionaire.
你简直是坐拥金山
You’re sitting on a goldmine.
你拥有自己的银行
You own your own bank.
专属你的银行
The bank of you.
你能用你的银行赚更多的钱
And you can use your bank to get more money.
只要再贷款就可以
Just refinance.
所有人都在这么做
Everyone’s doing it.
当然在这几十或几百页的细则中
Of course hidden in the dozens or hundreds of pages of fine print
隐藏着些很微妙的条款 它们可以让银行把利息加到
are tricky clauses that allow the bank to raise your interest rate
一个你不知道数值
to a number you didn’t know about,
可能加到让你无力还贷
perhaps so high that you won’t be able to repay your loan.
但没关系
But that’s okay.
如果你还不起 那我们只会收走你的房♥子
If you can’t pay it we’ll just take your house.
当然 他们要想收走你的房♥子
Of course, before they could take your house
就需要先修改相关规章制度
they needed to change the regulations and the rules.
看我在这儿找到了一张什么照片?
Moore: What’s this photo I found here?
这是在联邦存款保险公♥司♥年度报告上找到的
It was in an annual report of the FDIC.
John Gilleran 储蓄监理署的署长
John Gilleran, the head of the Office of Thrift Supervision,
负责管理存贷款业务
which is supposed to regulate savings and loans,
就是拿着电锯的那个人
he’s the guy with the chainsaw.
照片中其他四个笑嘻嘻的傻子
And the 4 other grinning idiots
三个是银行最棒的游说议员者
in the photo are the 3 leading lobbyists in banking
还有一个是联邦存款保险公♥司♥的副总
and the deputy director of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
他们正在销毁一堆规章
And they’re poised over a pile of regulations.
很显然这就表明了
And this is supposed to demonstrate
他们要破坏这些规章的心思
their intention to destroy regulation.
他们成功了
And they succeeded.
现在我们了解了
And now we know what happens
没了金融监管会怎样
when you destroy financial regulation.
发生金融大灾难
You produce a financial catastrophe.
债务重重的三口之家
A growing family with a lot of debt;
付不起首♥付♥的年轻夫妇
A young couple with no down payment;
难以证明自己收入的个体户
A business owner whose income was hard to document;
他们都曾向三个不同贷款方申请住房♥贷款
Every one of them was turned down for a home loan
但全部被拒绝了
by 3 different lenders.
国家金融服务公♥司♥帮助他们实现了这一切
I’m with Countrywide and I got them all approved.
不要被和善的态度
Moore: Don’t be fooled by the pleasant demeanor
和那头金发给忽悠了
and blonde hair.
这其实就是民间
It’s the same pitch the mafia gives you
小♥额♥贷♥款♥公♥司♥用的那招
in the neighborhood.
我知道你的感受
(imitating Brando) I know how you feel.
你欠了很多债
You got a lot of debt.
你没钱付首♥付♥
You don’t have any money for the down payment.
你无法提供证明收入的文件
You can’t find your documents.
没关系 我贷款给你 让你无法拒绝
It’s okay. I’ll make you a loan you can’t refuse.
这叫做次级贷款
It’s called subprime.
现在是免息的哦
You pay no interest now.
以后多付一点点就行了
You pay a little more later.
不要担心往后的日子 我们会照顾你的
Don’t worry about later. We’ll take care of you.
和小♥额♥贷♥款♥公♥司♥一样 国家金融服务公♥司♥
And like the mafia, Countrywide,
花旗 富国 大通…
Citibank, Wells Fargo, Chase…
往前走
Let’s go.
没准哪天他们就会来讨债
…they would someday stop by to collect
并收走你的房♥子
and take your home.
我以前每个月付1700 那会儿还行
Randy Hacker: I was paying 1,700 a month and making it.
接着涨到了2000 后来变成了2300
Then it went to 2,000. Then it went to 2,300.
最后涨到2700了
Then it went to 2,700.
我吃不消了
Can’t do it.
这是伊利诺伊州Peoria市的Hacker一家
Moore: These are the Hackers of Peoria, Illinois.
Randy是名铁路工人
Randy is a railroad worker
Donna在养老院工作
and Donna works for retirement homes.
他们耕种了四十多年的农场
Their farm, which had been in the family for over 4 decades,
被花旗银行取消了赎回权
had been foreclosed on by Citibank.
几年前Randy在工作的时候出了场事故
Randy had had an accident on the job years ago
现在有些残疾
and was now on disability.
他们就这么他妈的明目张胆
They absolutely just plain fucking stole everything,
靠着一支破笔 一名律师和一名法官
my whole life’s savings and everything,
偷走了我毕生积蓄 我的一切
by a stroke of a pen and a lawyer and a judge.
Hacker一家给我看了 花旗银行取消抵押品赎回权通知
Moore: The Hackers showed me the foreclosure notice from Citibank.
我注意到了
What caught my eye
他们抵押物所在的那个小镇(Flint镇)
was the town from which their mortgage came.
大银行麾下的一家公♥司♥
It turns out that a company owned by the big banks
在美国最穷困这个小镇
has chosen to run 60 million mortgages through,
选择的6千万的抵押地
of all places, one of the most desperate towns
建自己的工厂
in the United States.
这家公♥司♥雇Flint镇的人
This company hires the people of Flint
印出了全国几乎60%的
to send out nearly 60%
取消抵押品赎回权通知
of all the foreclosure notices in the country.
这看上去就像个玩笑 只是有些太过残酷
In what seems to be some sort of cruel joke,
我的家乡现在正在
my hometown was now in the service
做着同样的事情 让其他美国人
of helping to turn the rest of America
步Flint镇人的后尘
into Flint.
一般而言 当一家银行强制 诸如Hacker一家 搬出房♥屋时
Typically when a bank forces a family like the Hackers
他们会雇专业人员
out of their home they hire professionals
来进行清理
to come and clean up the place.
但在这个时候 银行会想
In this case, the bank figured,
为什么放着这个穷困潦倒的一家子不用
why pay top dollar when we’ve got a desperate family
而要付高工资给专业人员呢?
who will work cheap?
最后Hacker一家
In a final humiliation
还要替银行卖♥♥命
the Hackers went to work for the bank
尽管银行把他们赶出了房♥子
that took their home.
财产和垃圾 废品 还有个人物品
Donna: “Property is to be turned over in broom-clean condition
都一起烧成了灰
with all trash, debris and personal property removed.
交付钥匙的时候
Upon delivery of the keys
计划咨♥询♥服务代表 会交给你一张1000美元的支票
the PAS representative will hand you a check for $1,000.”
这1000美元
Randy: You know, 1,000 bucks
是我清理房♥屋的报酬
to get out of my own house and stuff,
我真的想谢谢他们 这钱付得很值
I really want to thank them. That was really something.
我的妻子花了一星期 打扫了整个屋子
My wife worked for a week to clean the house up
确保这屋子拿得出手
and make sure it was presentable to somebody else.
很高兴他们付我报酬 我真的得感谢他们
I’m glad they did that. I have to thank them.
他们真是太好了
It was awful nice of them.
没错 我真的想好好谢谢他们
Yeah, I’d like to thank them all right.
我还有一把
I have one more.
哦 这是我们卧室的钥匙
Oh, that goes to our bedroom door.
我来想想…
Trying to think what–
都是对应什么的 其中一个被我锁起来了
that goes that that. I had a lock on it
是我放枪的地方 以防孩子拿到
to keep kids out ’cause I have guns.
这是给你的钱 Randy
And here’s your money, Randy.
你现在看到的
Moore: What you’re witnessing
是一起掠夺
is a robbery.
我开始理解为什么会有人
I’m starting to understand why people,
失去理智 朝别人开枪了
they lose their minds and start shooting people.
我不是说我也会那么做
I’m not gonna say I would do something like that,
我只是明白了 他们是如何迫使人们
but I can see how they get people
身处绝境
into that situation where
不得不把他们炸了
people go in there with bombs and blow them up
朝他们开枪
and shoot at them.
他们会出那种事 其实是咎由自取
Anything that happens to them people, they deserve it,
我只能这么说
is all I can say.
我希望能发生一些事…
I hope something happens–
会的
yeah, well.
不说了
Can’t say no more.
是有些不幸的牺牲品
Some roadkill right there.
这是Bob Feinberg
Moore: This is Bob Feinberg.
他掌管着全美最大的贷款机构
He handled all the VIP loans for Countrywide,
国家金融服务公♥司♥的VIP业务
the nation’s largest mortgage company.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!