还记得我怎样对付我前妻吗
Remember the story I told you about my old lady?
比起来那太小儿科 大律师
That was just laughs, counselor. That was kid stuff.
我会让你老婆和女儿
I got something planned for your wife and kid
一辈子都忘不了
that they ain’t never gonna forget.
至于你 我的大律师
They ain’t never gonna forget it,
你也忘不了 永远
and neither will you, counselor. Never.
永远忘不了
You’ll never forget it.
真不敢相信
I can’t believe we’re
我们居然站在这儿
standing here talking about…
讨论怎样杀人
About killing a man.
仍存在不确定的因素
There’s still a few “ifs,” “ands” and “buts” about it.
我一个人可办不到 需要找人帮忙
I can’t go into this alone. I’ll have to have help.
他知道我们防范森严
Of course, he wouldn’t fall for it here.
所以不会在这里下手
He knows we’re too much on our guard.
如果让他觉得
But if he got the idea
我们特意把她藏在某处
that we thought she was safely hidden away someplace.
她
She?
你不是说南茜吧
You can’t be talking about Nancy.
你放心
Don’t worry.
除非万无一失 否则我不会冒险的
I won’t go into this until it’s airtight.
绝不让她冒任何危险
I won’t make a move that will put her in any danger.
她不过是个小孩 这样做会吓坏她
That won’t stop the terror of it. She’s only a child.
万一落入他手中结果会更糟
And what about the terror if he catches her really alone?
-萨姆 -戴夫 你早
-Sam. -Good morning, Dave.
昨晚睡得好吗
Sleep well last night?
还不错
Well enough.
不用打开啦
You needn’t bother to open that.
你再也当不成律师了
You’ve tried your last case in this state.
昨晚你雇的三个打手进了医院
Your three hired hands landed in the hospital last night.
有一个以为快死了 所以讲了实话
One of them thought he was gonna die, and he talked.
法官要见你
The judge wants to see you.
很好 我也正想去见他
Good. I want to see him, too.
他会告诉你 我正在进行
He’s gonna tell you I’m instituting
撤销你的律师资格的诉讼
disbarment proceedings against you.
你下手挺快 是不是
You didn’t waste much time, did you?
这不过是开始而已
I’m just getting started, Sam.
道德规范委员会
The committee on ethics is meeting
正在国会大厦开会
up at the State Capitol right now.
他们的动作更快
They work real fast.
你得把明天要讲的故事快编好
You better have your story ready to tell ’em by tomorrow.
这么说
You don’t think the committee will wait
委员会根本不想等判决
to see if I’m convicted of anything?
他们只关心
The committee is only interested in keeping
司法界是否会蒙羞
the legal profession beyond reproach.
我真想听听
After what happened last night
你还怎么为昨晚的事狡辩
I’m gonna be real interested to see how you answer to that one.
乔治 早
Good morning, George.
你早 萨姆
Good morning, Sam.
我是来告诉你
I only came down this morning to tell you
我必须把案子转交给你
that I have to turn the case over to you.
我要向法官说出实情
I’ll break the news to the judge.
你疯了吗
Have you gone out of your mind?
这次你全搞砸了
You’ve come to the wrong man, Sam.
戴夫·格拉夫顿十分钟以前就来过
Dave Grafton was in here not 10 minutes ago.
杰普森正被审问
You haven’t got a leg to stand on.
情况对你很不利
Jepson’s in there right now being interrogated.
他如果招了 我就得马上逮捕你
And if he talks, I’m gonna have to arrest you before you leave the building.
抓了我 谁去保护我的家人 你吗
If I’m arrested, who’s gonna protect my family? You?
这次我可帮不上忙 格拉夫顿把我盯得严严实实
That’s below the belt, Sam. Grafton’s watchin’ every move I make.
对戴夫·格拉夫顿来说 他所做的这些事
The only answer to Dave Grafton, the ethics committee
只是想向卡迪邀功罢了
and all the rest of it is to show Cady up for what he is.
监视卡迪绝对行不通 他精得像猴子一样
You can’t do it with a stakeout! Cady’s too smart for that!
但我想出个好办法
But I’ve got it carefully worked out.
在恐怖角河上
Now there’s a houseboat.
有间船屋
It’s up on the Cape Fear River.
岸边有间小屋 那有电♥话♥
It has a shore cabin, a telephone.
完全孤立 很难找到
It’s isolated, hard to find.
是藏我家人的好地方
The perfect place to hide my family.
任何地方都有危险
No place is perfect!
你想卡迪会相信
Do you expect Cady to believe that
你把家人单独留在那里吗
you’d leave your family alone anywhere?
就是这点最难
That’s the one thing that had me stumped.
但是今早
And this morning,
格拉夫顿替我解决了难题
Grafton handed me the answer on a platter.
他逼我明天飞到亚特兰大
He’s forcing me to fly to Atlanta tomorrow
去参加道德委员会的听证会
to appear before this committee.
我打赌卡迪一定会
And you can bet that his friend, Mr. Cady,
跟踪我到机场
will be tailing me clear to the airport.
等我一到亚特兰大
But the moment I get to Atlanta,
就雇车直穿海岸线
I’ll hire a car and cut across to the coast.
到汉尼斯码头租条船
I’ll get a boat at Hennessey’s Landing.
几个小时后就能到达船屋 和家人们在一起
In a few hours, I’ll be at the houseboat with Peggy and Nancy,
而卡迪却以为我仍在亚特兰大
and Cady will think that I’m sweating it out in Atlanta.
下一步就是引诱他到船屋去
The next step is to lure him up there when we’re ready for him.
这也由你负责
That’s your department, too.
因为他知道你和这事密不可分
He knows you’re tied in with the case.
当你离城时 他一定会跟踪你
He’ll follow you when you leave town if you make it look right.
他一上岸你就开枪
He steps ashore and you shoot him, is that it?
差不多
That’s about it.
枪杀擅自闯入者是犯法的
You can’t shoot a man for simple trespass. Not anymore.
这案子对卡迪有力
Cady’s built up too good a case against you.
当然不是只有擅自闯入
It’ll be more than simple trespass.
但也不会等到
But I won’t wait until he wipes
他满手血腥才杀他
the blood off his hands either.
你等等
Now hold on. Just hold on.
我听够了 现在该你听我说
I’ve listened. Now, you listen.
你在干傻事
You’re gonna do a foolish thing without help,
而且还需要不少帮手
and you’re gonna need lots of it.
就算我想帮 也力不从心
Now, I can’t help you if I wanted to.
那里属郡管辖
That’s county territory.
马克 你和郡长那么熟
Mark, you know the sheriff.
都到这时候了 还客套什么
Are you gonna stand on ceremony at a time like this?
打电♥话♥知会他一声就成了
All you have to do is pick up the telephone!
打电♥话♥干什么
And do what? Ask for half a dozen deputies
知会他派六个警员帮你
to help a man that I should be arresting?
用不了六个
I don’t want half a dozen deputies.
人多会让卡迪和格拉夫顿起疑
That would be a sure way of tipping off Cady and Grafton.
马上闹得满城风雨
It’d be all over town in no time.
我只需要一个 一个就足够
One is all I can risk. One is all I’m asking for.
可以吗
Do I get him?
下星期的这个时候 我搞不好会被降级回去做巡警
Well, this time next week, I may be back poundin’ a beat.
恐怖角河
应该在岛的左边 往回走一英里就到了
We should’ve gone to the left of this island, about a mile back.
我们会完全孤立
Are we gonna be completely marooned?
连一个客人也没有吗
I mean, no visitors at all?
你没对贝蒂说吧
You didn’t say anything to Betty?
我谁也没告诉
I didn’t say anything to a soul. Honest.
祝你假期愉快
Well, have a nice voyage to nowhere.
我一两天就回来
I’ll see you in a day or two.
到时候别迷路
Don’t get lost on the way home.
你想她能忍♥受
Do you think she’ll be able to stand
这种无聊的日子吗
all this shattering peace and quiet?
你放心
Don’t you worry about Nancy.
她很坚强的
That’s pioneer stock.
我走了
Cast off.
搭乘403号♥班机 到亚特兰大的乘客
Flight 403 for Atlanta
请在三号♥登机门登机
now boarding at Gate 3.
请注意 搭乘403号♥班机 到亚特兰大的乘客
Attention, please. Passengers for Atlanta,
请在三号♥登机门登机
Flight 403 now boarding at Gate 3.
有个包裹要交给萨姆·鲍登
Say, I have a brief here for Sam Bowden.
-塞缪尔·鲍登 -是的