是啊 很严重 到处都是死苍蝇
Yeah, it’s awful. I mean, there’s dead flies everywhere.
交给我吧
I’m going to take care of it.
谢了
Thanks.
亲爱的比利
My dear Billy…
我恐怕要婉拒你这周末的邀请了
I fear I must decline your invitation as this weekend
因为玛琳(黛德丽 德国女演员)要来
heralds the arrival of Marlene.
这个德国佬一直都是我最珍视的朋友之一
The canny old kraut remains one of my most cherished friends
尽管她喜欢没完没了抱怨自己的衰老
despite her predisposition to whining ad nauseam about her aging process
好像她是第一个被时光无情抛弃的美女一样
as though she were the first gorgeous lady undone by Father Time.
你的 诺埃尔(考沃德 英国演员)
Ever yours, Noël
欢迎光临
Welcome.
下午好
Good afternoon.
听说你卖♥♥大事记和首版书稿
I’m aware that you sell memorabilia and first editions.
包含打印和手写的信件吗
Is that also for typed, signed letters?
是的 我都做
Yes, all of that.
有什么可以帮您的呢
What can I do for you?
想知道你对这个有没有兴趣
Wondering if these might be of interest to you?
这可是好东西 我很有兴趣
These are wonderful. Yes, I’d be very interested.
我的表亲是个收藏家
My cousin was a collector.
他让我帮忙卖♥♥掉一些宝贝
He’s asked me to help sell some of his treasures
这样他就能买♥♥得起棕榈海滩的特♥价♥票了
so he can afford the early bird specials in Palm Beach.
很难找到能真正反映写信人性格特点的信
Hard to find letters that have a real…taste of the author’s personality,
但这封就是
but these do just that.
我也是这么想的
Yes. I thought so, too.
他特别精明
He’s a very, very clever man.
给你200美元 怎么样
I can give you $200 for them. How does that sound?
恐怕别处可能会出双倍价 要不我还是
I’m afraid I can probably get double that elsewhere, so…
好吧
Okay.
恐怕别处可能会出双倍价 要不我还是
I’m afraid I can probably get double that elsewhere, so…
好吧
Okay.
也许你是对的
You’re probably right.
你开个价吧
Name your price.
400美元比较合适
$400 seems fair.
好
Okay.
你有现金吗
Do you happen to have cash?
我表亲把所有的银行账户都关掉了
My cousin has closed all of his banking accounts.
情况有点复杂
It’s complicated.
我明白
I think I’ve got it.
还有 如果您还有其他东西 可以一并带来
And please, if you come across anything else, bring it in.
我有常来的高级客户
I’ve got high-end clients who come in frequently,
或者 如果我有他们感兴趣的东西的话也会给他们打电♥话♥
or I’ll call them if I have something I know they’ll like.
没问题
Sure thing.
实际上 我有个买♥♥家刚好认识考沃德先生
In fact, I have a buyer who actually knew Mr. Coward.
他会很喜欢这个的
He’s gonna love these.
真的吗
Really?
太好了
Wonderful.
就这样吧
Okay, then.
克罗斯比街书店
Crosby Street.
我要找那个高个子 图书采购员
I’m looking for the tall guy. The book buyer.
我就是
This is he.
谢天谢地 终于找到你了
Oh, hello, thank God!
我是四楼的莉莉安·舒斯特
This is Lillian Schuster from the fourth floor.
情况紧急
There’s been an emergency.
大楼着火了
The building’s on fire!
我的天
Oh, God!
你能进去吗 进到楼里去
Can you get inCan you get into the building?
我的狗还在家里
My dog is in there.
进不去啊 你家窗户正往外喷火呢
No! There’s flames coming out of your window right now.
刚刚真是笑死我了
That was very enjoyable.
走了走了
Go, go, go!
你的声音也太逼真了
You do a very good voice.
我兜里一分钱都没有
You know what, I got no jingle in my jeans.
你那有硬币吗
You got a token?
今晚要开心地喝个痛快
This is a celebratory drinking session,
不要愁眉苦脸地喝
and not a wallowing one.
感觉从你这儿也看不出区别来
It’s hard to tell the difference with you.
无意冒犯
No offense.
我已经找到了付账单的办法了
I have figured out a way to pay my bills
也不用投入什么成本
without shoveling shit.
这种感觉真好
And it is a good feeling.
干杯
Well, chin-chin.
要告诉我是什么方法吗
You going to tell me how?
不要 你会觉得我很丢人的
No. You’d be too scandalized.
哎哟
Oh, my!
明显你是不了解我
You clearly don’t know me very well.
有些事还是不要告诉别人的好
Some things are just better kept to oneself,
即便是好事
even if they are brilliant.
拜托 说说嘛
Come on! Spill the beans!
你能保密吗
Can you keep a secret?
我也没人可说 我的朋友都死了
I have no one to tell. All my friends are dead.
机缘巧合 我发现自己已经在犯罪的边缘试探了
Quite by accident, I find myself in a rather…criminal position.
我实在是猜不出你能参与什么样的犯罪行动
I can’t fathom what criminal activity you could possibly involve in,
当然 除了有辱时尚之外
except a crime of fashion, of course.
我在编造一些
I’m embellishing…
文件 如果你懂的话
documents, if you will.
你在伪造支票?
Are you forging checks?
不是
No.
名人的往来书信
Literary letters by prominent writers.
伪造的不是支票 也不是钞票 只是信?
Not checks, not money, just letters?
精英阶层收集有收藏价值的文学艺术品 你怕是理解不了
You’re not understanding the world of elite…collectible,literary artifacts.
是理解不了 但是伪造这些有什么好兴奋的 最后不都去了
I suppose not. But how thrilling to be forging pieces of paper that go where?
图书馆吗
Libraries?
不 我卖♥♥给收藏家
No, I am selling to collectors.
你能拿到多少钱?
How much are you getting for them?
真不知道为什么要告诉你
I don’t know why I told you.
浪费了这个秘密了
It’s a waste of a secret.
我真该出门找块石头泄密
I should have gone out there and gotten a rock and told the rock,
石头都比你有反应
’cause I’d get a better response.
这事你还告诉谁了
Who else have you told about this?
你不是唯一一个没朋友的人
You’re not the only one without friends.
不对 我记得你有过女友的
No. I remember you had someone.
我们分手了 她挺烦人的
We broke up. She was a pain in my ass.
为什么
Why?
因为她老对我有所图
Because she wanted things.
比如什么 钱吗
Like whatMoney?
不是
No.
她想要我听她诉苦
She wanted me to listen to her troubles,
跟她的朋友走得近一点 之类的
and become closer with her friends and shit like that.
胆子不小
The nerve.
我已经很多年没谈过恋爱了
I haven’t been in a relationship for years.
这把年纪也不好找人
It’s very hard to meet someone at my age.
都开始秃顶了
I’m losing my hair.
我觉得应该不是这个原因吧
I don’t think that’s the reason.
这句话特别妙 不是吗
Wasn’t this, one line here was particularly clever, don’t you think?
是很棒 我很喜欢他的文字
It’s wonderful. I love his writing.
还有多萝西·帕克 讽刺的智慧 你知道吧?
And Dorothy Parker as well. Caustic wit, you know?
讽刺学是我的信仰
Caustic wit is my religion.
我可写不出 你肯定行
I can’t carry it off. You certainly can.
太爱讽刺会把别人吓跑的
Doesn’t help too much in the relationship department.
别这么说
I’m sure that’s not true.
那我们就定了吧
Okay, shall we settle up?
好的
Yeah.
我懂的 要现金
I know. Cash.
这是我的号♥码
This has my number.
店里的号♥码
Well, the number of the store.
如果你在附近
If you’re ever in the neighborhood,
偶尔想喝一杯或者喝点咖啡的话
and, you know, want to get a drink or coffee sometime.
听起来不错
Sounds good.
好的
I would like that.
你看起来糟透了
You look like shit.