也可能没死
Maybe she didn’t die.
可能只是搬回了郊区
Maybe she just moved back to the suburbs.
我老是把这两种情况弄混
I always confuse those two.
这回对了
No, that’s right.
她结婚了 生了双胞胎
She got married and had twins.
还不如死了呢
Better to have died.
可不嘛
Indeed.
我刚刚做了牙齿漂白
I’ve just come from having my teeth bleached.
看起来怎么样
How do they look?
为什么漂白
Why would you do that?
牙齿最能出♥卖♥♥♥我
Oh, teeth are a dead giveaway.
好吧
Okay.
我能请你喝一杯吗
Can I buy you a drink?
虽然你是大作家
Even though you’re the posh writer?
谢谢
Thank you.
小克?
Craigy?
给她倒满
Top her up.
我一直在努力回忆
You know, I keep trying to remember
你提到的那个派对
that party that you mentioned.
我脑中总是闪过一些片段
And something keeps flashing in my head.
我知道发生了一些事
I know something happened,
但就是想不起来了
but I can’t seem to put my finger on it.
坏掉的虾?
Bad shrimp?
给你
Here you go.
你说你叫杰克·霍克?
Jack Hock, you said, huh?
正是在下 叛徒 造♥反♥者
That’s me. The renegade, the rebel.
杰克·霍克 大鸟男
Jack Hock, big cock.
肯定能想起来
I’m sure it’ll come back to me.
日子过得怎么样?
How’s old life been treating you?
毫不客气地说
I can honestly boast
我已经被克罗斯比街书店封♥杀♥了
that I’m banned from Crosby Street Booksellers.
我还被Duane Reade(美国连锁零售店)封♥杀♥了呢
I’m banned from Duane Reade.
所有门店
All of them.
我总爱小偷小摸
I have a little shoplifting problem.
都是陈年旧事了
Well, it’s all in the past, but,
但不知什么原因 我的脸太好认了
but for some reason, I have a very memorable mug.
现在我连
And now I have to take a bus
买♥♥洗发水和阿斯匹林之类的都得坐公交
just to buy shampoo and aspirin and stuff.
开玩笑的 Duane Reade又不是城里唯一的商店
I’m joking. Duane Reade’s not the only rodeo in town.
你在衣柜里撒尿了
You pissed in a closet.
你说什么?
I did what?
你在衣柜里撒尿来着
You pissed in a closet.
终于记起来了
Now I remember.
大家全都在说那个英国帅哥……
Nobody could stop talking about the handsome English gentleman…
谢谢夸奖
Well, thank you.
……醉得一塌糊涂
…who was so shit-faced
把衣柜当成了厕所
he mistook the coat closet for the can.
你毁了价值好几千美元的毛皮大衣
You ruined thousands of dollars’ worth of furs.
呃 我……
Well, I…
那些老太婆都不知道衣服上沾了什么东西
Those old biddies didn’t know what hit ’em.
她们恶心的毛皮大衣上沾满了尿
Oh, their disgusting furs covered in piss.
狗都循着气味跟他们回家了
Dogs followed them home.
终于有人觉得好笑了
I’m glad somebody found it amusing.
那晚之后 有些人就再不搭理我了
Some folks stopped talking to me after that night.
去他们的
Well, fuck ’em.
干杯
Cheers.
杰克·霍克 你有工作吗
So, do you work, Jack Hock?
瞎忙呗
Oh, this and that.
到处瞎忙
Mostly that.
我刚好有些上好的可♥卡♥因♥
I happen to have some very nice cocaine,
如果你有兴趣的话
if you’re interested.
不了
No, I’m not.
拜托 我又没上瘾
Oh, Jesus, it’s not like I have it all the time.
男人不都偶尔嗨一下嘛
Boy’s gotta do what a boy’s gotta do.
不管咋说 你有什么资格批判我
Anyways, who are you to judge?
下午四点你就喝多了
It’s four in the afternoon, and you’re drunk.
我离喝多还远着呢
I’m hardly drunk.
也没有“不管咋说”明明是“不管怎样”
It’s not “anyways,” it’s “anyway.”
不管咋说 继续喝吧
Anyways, let’s keep drinking.
反正时间还早
The day is young.
下一站下车吗
You getting off at the next stop?
79街 你呢
79th. And you?
我也是
Yeah, I’ll get out there.
在那下也行
Works for me.
我好像在Zabar’s(食品商店)见过你
I think I saw you at Zabar’s once.
你在吼什么人
You were shouting at someone.
他们服务态度可差了
They have terrible customer service.
我在那买♥♥东西很多年了
I shopped there for years.
他们家面包是真的很不错
They’ve really great bread.
太好吃了
Oh, it’s delicious.
美味啊
It’s really good.
是的
So good.
天呐 就是这个人
Oh, my. That’s the guy.
谁?
Who?
克罗斯比街书店的那个混♥蛋♥
That’s the asshole from Crosby Street Bookseller.
不会吧
No.
居然能遇上他
What are the odds of that?
给我纸和笔 快点
Pen and paper. Quick, quick, quick.
你要干嘛
Why?
快点
Come on.
我得找找 等会 给
I’ve got… Hang on. I…
搞定了
Got it!
我到了
This is me.
地方不错
Nice place.
大不如前了 你住哪
Used to be a lot nicer. How about you?
再走几条街
Couple of blocks along.
那么
Well…
杰克 很高兴认识你
Jack, this was not unpleasant.
明天见?
See you tomorrow?
好的
You shall.
凯瑟琳·霍顿·赫本(四度奥斯卡影后)
“李 若是斯宾塞(屈赛 赫本的长♥期♥合作明星)没死
今天本该同他一起拍写♥真♥的
“Lee, today would have been the Esquire shoot with Spenc.
最近日子不好过
“Difficult days, these.
感谢你的同情和理解
“Thank you for your sympathy and understanding.”
你的 凯特(赫本昵称)
“Ever yours, Kate.
另外请原谅有些模糊的墨迹 最近经常流泪”
“P.S. Forgive the splotches. All tears lately.”
这道歉也太有爱了
What a lovely apology.
这封信非同寻常 为什么要卖♥♥掉呢
This is very special. Why would you part with it?
没什么用处了
Clutter.
我不是那种多愁善感的人
You know, I’m not a very sentimental gal.
还是手写信
Handwritten even.
你是李·伊斯雷尔吗
You’re the Lee Israel?
难道还有跟我同名的?
Jesus, is there another one?
我读过你写的传记
I’ve read your biographies.
是吗
Have you?
你是个优秀的作家
You’re a wonderful writer.
谢谢
Thank you.
这话该说给我的出版商听
You might want to remind my publisher.
她的信件往往很冷漠
Well, her letters usually have the intimacy of a phone book,
但这封就很真切
but this one is really nice.
175美元可以吗
How does $175 sound?
太棒了
Sounds terrific.
我给你打电♥话♥了 但你没回
I rang you. You didn’t ring me back.
你是对我有意见吗
Should I take it personally?
就算是吧
Well, why wouldn’t you?
我要伤心得起不来床了
I’d never get out of bed.
还好你起来了
Then luckily for me, you did.
我要跟你坐一起
I’m coming over to join you.
我可搞不懂那些社交暗语
I’m not good at reading social cues.
威士忌加苏打 克雷格
Uh, scotch and soda, Craig,