算不上真正的作家
…not a real writer.
这些事情
And that…
我觉得 到头来
…I think, in the end, it…
我得说 确实不值得
…I would say, was not worth it.
就是这样
I would say that.
“无论结果是什么
“I will accept the judgment of the court as valid
我都会承认庭上审判的有效性
“and fulfill whatever sentence I may receive…
也充分理解 我这是
“…with full understanding that I have earned…
罪有应得”
“…said punishment.”
李·伊斯雷尔 本庭宣判你缓刑五年
Lee Israel, the court sentences you to five years’ probation
外加六个月家庭软禁
plus six months’ house arrest.
你只能往返于家和工作地点
You may only leave home to go to and from your place of employment,
社区服务地点以及戒酒互助会
your work in the community, and to Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.
你不得出境或结交罪犯
You are not to leave the state or consort with felons,
还需在力所能及的范围之内补偿本案的受害者
and you are to pay restitution to your victims within your means.
谢谢您 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
这个结果已经很好了
This is a good thing.
很划算
Very fair.
那就好
Good.
是的
Yeah.
谢谢你过来
Thanks for coming.
真的很不方便
It was quite inconvenient.
调整了几个会议的时间才过来
I moved some meetings around.
要喝点什么吗 我请客
Can I get you a drinkI’m buying.
今天就算了
Not today.
我的新药让酒喝起来都像漱口水
My new meds make gin taste like mouthwash.
乐趣全无
Takes the fun out of it.
你跟他们达成协议了吧
I guess you cut a deal?
出♥卖♥♥♥我还是有用的?
Ratting on me worked out?
三年缓刑
Three years’ probation.
至少你还能出来走走
At least you’re out and about.
你也能啊
So are you.
不是 10街的戒酒互助会现在正在进行
No. I’m at an AA meeting on Tenth Street right now.
那你是在逃的罪犯了
Criminals at large.
无法想象是什么这么重要
I can’t imagine what was so important
能让李·伊斯雷尔放下身价要求见我 现在说吧
that Lee Israel swallowed her pride and asked to meet me, so spit it out.
我在考虑写新书
I’ve been thinking about writing a new book.
关于最近发生的事
About what happened, and…
我犯的那些事
what I did, and…
还有你的事 如果你同意的话
about you, if you’ll let me.
我才不同意
Like hell I will.
要是我男朋友发现了我那些非法交易怎么办
What will my boyfriend say if he heard about my shadier dealings?
我都怀疑我俩的罪行能不能排进你非法交易的前十名
I doubt our crimes even rank on your top ten of shady dealings.
这倒是
Fair enough.
但我不希望有人写关于我的书
But I don’t want a book out there about me.
我是个很注重隐私的人
I’m a very private person.
我得找点事做 得重新开始写作
I need to do something, and I need to write again.
写范妮·普莱斯怎么样
What about Fanny… Price?
服了你了 是布莱斯
God damn. It’s Brice.
虽然听起来很吓人
As terrifying as it sounds, I…
但我觉得我应该写写咱们俩的事
I think I’m supposed to be writing about us.
我还在生你的气呢
I’m still mad at you, you know.
你对我很差劲
You treated me like shit.
我觉得你不是个好人 李
I don’t think you’re a very nice person, Lee.
说得对
I would agree with you.
你应该也很生我的气吧
I suppose you might be mad at me as well.
要不是你这副样子 可能我真的会很生气
Well, I mean, if you didn’t look so decrepit, I might be.
好吧
Yeah, well…
我也知道自己迟早会得这病
it was gonna catch up to me eventually.
你确实睡了整个曼哈顿 对吧
You did fuck your way through Manhattan, I mean…
希望我的墓志铭上有这句
I’d like that on my tombstone.
你能把我写成29岁吗
Could you make me 29?
皮肤超好的那种?
With perfect skin.
别让我看起来像个蠢货 好吗
Don’t make me sound stupid. Hmm?
谢谢你
Thank you.
董事会要迟到了
I’m late for a board meeting.
我的司机还在等着呢
My driver’s waiting.
百万富翁的生活
Life of a millionaire.
怎么
What?
刚刚我真的很想绊倒你
I had such an urge to trip you just then.
你真是个讨人厌的婊♥子♥ 李
You’re a horrid cunt, Lee.
你也是 杰克
You too, Jack.
“I’ll Be Seeing You” by Tank and The Bangas
I’ll be seeing you
In all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces
All day through
杰克不告诉我他都编了什么故事
Jack would not tell me what story he’d cook up
来解释他怎么会有这些信
to explain his possession of the letters.
背景故事他不肯听我的建议
Nor would he take any suggestions from me about a backstory.
到最后 这也没关系 因为他总能成功
It didn’t finally matter, because he was succeeding.
他能得到自己想要的任何价码
He always got the price he asked for.
不管他编了什么故事 都能让我付得起房♥租
His narratives, whatever they were, kept my rent paid
他自己也因此拥有了一口闪亮的大白牙
and his mouth full of large, gorgeous, extraordinarily white teeth.
I’ll find you in the morning sun
And when the night is new
I’ll be looking
At the moon
But I’ll be
Seeing you
我有个朋友要过生日了
I have a friend’s birthday coming up.
他会很想要橱窗里那封多萝西·帕克的信的
You know, he would love to own that Dorothy Parker in the window.
她是个美女 不是吗
Ah. She’s a beauty, isn’t she?
能问一下这样一封信要多少钱吗
Can I ask you how much a letter like that runs?
我们要价1900 会装上相框 装饰好
We’re asking 1,900, framed and matted,
还附带一份鉴定书
and it comes with a letter of authenticity.
那鉴定书有自己的鉴定书么
Does the letter of authenticity come with a letter of authenticity?
没有
No.
我可以向您保证是真品
I can assure you it’s the real thing.
没人能写得像帕克小姐 以前没有 以后也不会有
No one can write like Miss Parker could. Not before and not since.
先生您好 我从彼岸向您致意
My dear sir, I offer my droopy salutations from the great beyond.
我知道您在出♥售♥我的个人信件
I understand that you are selling my personal letters
市值近2000元
to the tune of nearly two grand.
可怜的李·伊斯雷尔在把这封信卖♥♥给后来转手给你的人时
To think poor Lee Israel received a tiny fraction of that sum
只拿到了这个价格的很少一部分
when she sold them to someone, who then sold them to you.
我真诚希望这封信不会影响到你们珍贵艺术品的行情
I dearly hope that this letter will not affect the selling price of your valuable artifact.
请允许我说一句我在刚被火化后说的名言吧:
As I most famously muttered mere moments after my cremation,
“亲爱的 原谅我的骨灰”
“Darling, excuse my dust.”
你的 多萝西·帕克
Yours, Dorothy Parker.
李伪造和出♥售♥了大约400封信
其中两封李伪造的信出现在了2007年诺埃尔·考沃德的传记中
再版时被删除
诺拉·艾芙隆给李发了禁止令 要求她停止在电♥话♥上模仿她
当后来李被传唤担任陪审员时 她回复道
“我是被判刑的犯人 没资格出任
谁说犯罪划不来呢?”
杰克·霍克于1994年10月19日去世
生前一直受男同性恋健康危机中心的伙伴们精心照料
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》称李·伊斯雷尔的书《你能原谅我吗?——伪造者回忆录》
是一本“卑鄙但极为出彩的书”
献给莉欧诺尔·卡罗尔·伊斯雷尔(李的本名)
1939年12月3日——2014年12月24日