你以为我会让她离开巴黎 不诉诸法律吗?除非她付清
I’m going to the country just the same.
我依旧要到乡下去
And what do you think will happen when the rest of your creditors hear about it…
当其他债主听到消息 你想会发生什么事
and come down on Armand Duval for your debts?
为了你的债务 向亚蒙杜瓦要钱吗?
They couldn’t do that. Wait and see.
他们不能那么做 等着瞧吧!
They’ll be after you in a pack.
他们会成群结队追逐你
A pretty holiday you’ll have.
那你的假日可就精彩了
Why can’t anything ever be perfect once?
哎,为什么事情就不能 十全十美一次呢?
What shall I do, Prudence?
我要怎么办啊,卜东施?
You can ask the baron for money for your debts.
你可以求男爵给钱 偿付你债务啊!
Now that I’m going to leave him?
就在我要离开他之际?
You don’t have to tell him everything.
你不必告诉他一切啊
She’s right, Madame.
她说得对,夫人
If you’ve really set your heart on going to the country…
若你真的打定主意 要去乡下的话
you’ve got to get some money from someone, somehow.
你就必须找个人弄点钱才行
What is the matter with you anyway, Marguerite?
你到底怎么了,玛格丽特?
Have you suddenly become a sentimental schoolgirl?
突然变成一个 多愁善感的女学生?
There’s the baron now.
现在男爵来了
The sooner this matter’s settled, the better.
越快把这件事解决掉,越好
Oh, my dear baron, hail and farewell.
亲爱的男爵,就此道别啦
I do hope you will encourage this new plan of Marguerite’s.
我真希望你鼓励 玛格丽特这个新计划
A few months in the country would do her a world of good.
在乡下几个月 会有益她恢复健康的
I know the doctor insists on it.
我知道大夫坚持这么做
Really? Yes.
真的吗? 是啊
She’ll tell you about it herself.
她会自己告诉你这些事的
I don’t doubt it.
我相信
Busy?
玛格丽特!
Hello.
你好
Don’t you think these accounts are in a beautiful order?
你不认为这些帐目 次序很美吗?
Beautiful.
挺好啊!
Do you think me very businesslike?
你认为我很有条理吗?
Very.But why?
非常地,但是为什么呢?
I decided that these bills ought to be paid.
我决定要支付这些帐单了
I owe 40,000 francs.
我欠了四万法郎郎
Will you lend me the money?
你会借给我这笔钱吗?
No.
不会
Oh, but what will I do?
唉,那我要怎么办呢?
Come to Russia with me,
跟我到俄♥罗♥斯♥去
and you can have as much money as you want.
你要多少就可以有多少
If you are my friend, why won’t you lend me the money anyway?
总归如果你是我的朋友 为何不借给我这笔钱呢?
Because then you might have no further use for me.
因为那样你可能对我就没有 更进一步的利用价值了
Well, I don’t think you’re very generous.
哎,我想你是不太慷慨呢
Prudence tells me you plan to go to the country this summer.
卜东施告诉我 今年夏天你计划到乡下去
Prudence is a chatterbox.
卜东施是个碎嘴皮子
Living quietly two or three months in the country, alone…
在乡下安静而孤独地 生活两、三个月
obeying your doctor’s orders, sounds an admirable idea.
听从大夫的指示 似乎是令人称羡的想法
But extremely unlike you.
但太不像是你了
What can you do about it?
那你能怎么办呢?
I can deliberately put you out of my mind.
我可以刻意把你抛之脑后
Why should you?
你为什么要这么做呢?
It’s become a question of either avoiding you…
那变成了一个问题 要不然就避开你
or taking you out of this life altogether.
否则就把你 从他的生命中完全抹去
What will you do with me?
你能把我怎么办呢?
Lock me in that gloomy chateau you’ve got somewhere?
把我锁在你的 某个阴郁 的城♥堡♥吗?
I might.
我可能会
No one has to tell me…
用不着人来告诉我
you’ve found a playmate for this rustic holiday of yours,
你在这次乡村假日中 找到了玩伴
it’s in your face.
它呈现在你脸上
But my consolation is…
但我感到安慰的是
I am well rid of such a fool.
我可不再是那个傻瓜了
Here’s the 40,000 francs you need.
这儿是你要的四万法郎郎
But this is my last act of consideration.
但这是我最后的体 恤动作
If ever we meet again, it will be on a different basis.
要是我们再度相遇 那会是不同的情况
I never make the same mistake twice.
我从不犯同样的错误
Thank you.
谢谢你
Quiet! Quiet!
别叫,安静,安静
Let her sleep.
让她睡吧!
Oh, no.You look after the other luggage.
不行,你照顾其他行李
I’ll take care of these jewels myself.
我自己关照这些珠宝
Yes, Madame. Thank you.
是的,女士 谢谢你
Not very big.
看起来很大哩
It’s not very grand.
不是很富丽堂皇
It’s heaven.
它是天堂!
Madame, are you ill?
夫人,你生病了吗?
No, why should I be ill?
没有呀,为何我得生病呢?
Because you’re awake at this early hour in the morning.
因为你在早上 这么早就醒来了
I’m not ill.
我没有生病
I’m awake and I want to get up, Nanine.
我醒了,我想起床
Am I dreaming?
我在做梦吗?
Are we really here?
我们真的在这儿吗?
We are indeed.
我们确实在这
If I’m not mistaken, you’ll soon wish you were in your comfortable house in Paris.
要是我没有弄错,你会很快 想回巴黎舒适的家了
Monsieur Duval alone will see to that. This place is nothing but a hut.
杜瓦先生应该知道 这儿只是间小茅屋
There are no gaslights,
没有煤气灯
and you have to fetch water from a reservoir…
你必须从贮水槽 去提取每一滴水
and heat it on a stove.
然后在炉子上加热
You can’t sleep at night on account of the birds…
由于鸟叫,夜晚无法睡着
and before sunup,
然而在太阳升起前
there was a big noise like more birds, only worse.
有种像很多鸟儿似的大噪音
Chickens, I suppose.
我想更糟糕的是鸡群
And as for that linen on the beds,
还有床上的床单
it’s so coarse, I scratched all night.
是那么粗糙,我整晚在抓痒
And I never slept better in my life, Nanine.
我这一生中 从没睡得更好了,娜宁
How far is it to the inn where Monsieur Duval is staying?
这样的下午 范维尔陛下能待多久呢?
How should I know, Madame?
我怎么会知道呀,夫人?
Now, come, Nanine.
好啦,算了,娜宁
He said he’d be over early this morning.
他说今天早上会早早过来
sure?
是吗?
And I’m so hungry too.
而我也很饿了
What delicious air. What a heavenly room.
啊,多么好闻的空气
Good heavens, you scared me! Can’t you knock properly?
老天!你吓到我了 你就不能适度地敲门吗?
Not when I’ve got me hands full.
要是我双手没空就没办法了
A wooden shoe makes a better noise than your knuckles.
此外一只木鞋 就比你敲门响亮多了
Good morning, Madame. Good morning.
早安,夫人 早安
The gentleman said you were to have milk for your breakfast.
那年轻人说你要从乳牛 挤下鲜奶做你的早餐
Madame likes coffee for her breakfast.
夫人喜欢咖啡当她的早餐
No, no, Nanine. Up in the country, I like milk better.
不,娜宁,在乡下不会 我比较喜欢牛奶
At 10:00, when it’s time to have another bite,
在十点钟 是你进另一餐的时刻
I’ll do you a couple of nice, fresh eggs.
我会给你弄两个 好的新鲜鸡蛋
What kind of cows do you keep?
你们养的是哪种乳牛啊?
Jersey.
泽西
I thought so, they give the best milk. What do you feed them?
我想是这样 它们供给最好的牛奶
Plenty of red clover, hay and bran mash.
你们怎么喂它们呢?
That’s silly. The cows get all the grass they need now.
哎,真笨! 牛只要摄取它们所需的青草
The thing is not to let them run their feet off.
最主要的就是 别让它们四处乱跑
If they want to, you’ve got to let them run.
如果它们想跑的话 你就得让它们跑
Oh, no, you don’t.
不,不行
I’ll take them out walking myself someday,
有一天我会亲自 带它们出去走走
and I’ll show you how to manage them.
展示给你看看怎么管理它们
Tired?
累了吗?
Only nicely tired.
只是舒服的累
Let’s go as far as the top of the hill and see what’s beyond.
咱们走到那小山丘顶端 看看远处有什么
Yes.
好啊!
I don’t care what’s behind, do you?
我可不在乎后面有什么 你呢?
No.
不会
Look!
瞧呀!
Oh, what a fine sight in this light.
啊,多么美的景象啊!
It looks like a castle of a king.
它就像是国王的城♥堡♥
Yes.
没错
When I was a little girl, I always wanted to see…what a great chateau would look like inside.
我小时候,总想去看 大城♥堡♥里面是什么样子
You are tired.