我学会了当男人说 他要出城时,别相信他
Won’t you have something to eat?
你不吃点东西吗?
I’m not hungry.
我不饿
Then drink something.
那就喝点什么吧
Come and drink with me.
来!跟我喝酒
I’m not thirsty.
我不渴
I am.
我渴了
Many happy returns.
回家快乐无数
Thank you.
谢谢你
This part is so difficult.
唉,这部份相当难弹
I hate all the sharps.
我讨厌这些升半音的调
I’m afraid your mind’s not on it.
恐怕是你心不在焉吧
Why, you know very well I’ve never been able to play it.
你很清楚我能力无法弹它的
But you play it beautifully.
可是你弹得很美哪
My one merit.
我的一个优点
Won’t you play it for me?
愿意为我弹弹吗?
Aren’t you tired? It’s very late.
你不累吗?很晚了
Probably are wishing I’d go home.
可能是希望我回家吧
Please play.
请弹吧!
Oh, good, Nanine.
哦,好娜宁
Bolt the door. If the bell rings, don’t answer it.
锁上门栓 要是门铃响的话,别去应门
No, I won’t.
好的,我不会
Have you two finished whispering?
你们俩 悄 悄话说完了吗?
I’m sorry.
对不起
I was just giving Nanine some orders.
我只是给娜宁一些指示而已
I don’t doubt it.
我相信
Now, play nicely.
好啦,好好弹吧
Someday I shall get temperamental and object when doorbells ring when I play.
有一天在我想弹琴时门铃响 我应该发点脾气并拒绝演奏
Did the doorbell ring?
门铃响过了吗?
Does my music shut out the rest of the world for you?
我的音乐可替你 遮蔽了其他世界吗?
Yes.
是的
You play beautifully.
你弹得好极了
You lie beautifully.
你撒谎也是一流的
Thank you.
谢谢你
That’s more than I deserve.
你可是过奖了
It’s not half as much as you deserve, my dear.
一半都比不上呢,亲爱的
I’ll see who it is.
我要看看是谁
No, I’ll tell you.Yes?
不必,我来告诉你 是吗?
But you won’t believe me. No, I won’t. Who is it?
但你不会相信我的 对,我不相信,是谁?
Well, I might say that there is someone at the wrong door…
我可能说有人找错门了
or the great romance of my life.
或者是我生命中的伟大情史
The great romance of your life?
你生命中的伟大情史
Charming.
迷人哪!
Well, it might have been.
那很有可能哦
Let your godmother take your veil.
现在让你教母拿下 你的面纱吧,玛莉莎贝丝
Oh, no, just a moment.
不行,等一下
I want one more look at her.
我想再多看一眼
The way she looked when she made her first communion.
她看起来就像 第一次领圣餐时一样
God keep you always so pure and happy, my child.
上帝保佑你 永远纯真快乐,孩子
Come, come and sit down.
来,来,坐下来
And now, children, on this happy occasion…
好了,孩子们 在这快乐的场合里
I ask you all to rise
我请大家起身
and drink a toast to the happiness of this family.
举杯庆贺这家族的幸福快乐
We certainly will, sir. Oh, of course, a toast.
哦,真该举杯祝贺
To health and happiness. Health and happiness.
祝健康快乐!
Now may I propose the happiness of my sister
此刻容许我举杯祝贺 我亲爱的妹妹
and my friend, Louise and Valentine…
和挚友的幸福 露易丝和范伦坦
who’ve known each other from childhood
他们从童年就彼此相识
and are soon to be man and wife.
很快就会成为夫妻
Louise and Valentine.
露易丝与范伦坦!
Thank you, thank you.
谢谢你们!谢谢你们!
Now, Ma, you must go in for your nap.
好了,妈,你该进去休息了
Take my arm, Mama. Such a happy day.
扶着我手臂,妈妈 多么快乐的一天啊!
Well, my boy, I’m glad you got down…
孩子,我很高兴你来了
even though you weren’t in time to go with us to the church.
虽然你没来得及 跟我们去教堂
I came for a purely selfish reason, Father.
恐怕我来纯粹是为 自私的理由,父亲
You in debt?
你欠了债吗?
No, no, it isn’t that.
不,不,不是那个
In love?
恋爱了?
Wrong again.
又错了
Well, what then?
那么是什么呢?
I want to travel. Where?
我想去旅行 去那儿呢?
Anywhere. Everywhere.
任何地方,到处去
I’m tired of waiting for the office to give me a post.
我厌倦了等待外事处 提供我一个职位
If I ever do get one, the more I know the world, the better.
此外,倘若我获得职位 了解世事越多就越有利
Well, it mightn’t be a bad idea.
那或许不是个坏主意
Your income won’t let you go very far in any great style.
你的收入不容许 你很气派地去远游
I could use some of the principal.
我可以运用一些本金
You will do nothing of the sort.
你不能做那种事
Your grandfather’s legacy mustn’t be touched.
你祖父的遗产绝不能动用
However, I have a few thousand francs I can spare.
不过我有几千法郎郎可以让与
You mean, you’ll give me the money?
你是说你会给我那笔钱
why not?
有何不可?
I don’t know where else you’d get it.
不然你何处去找钱
You’re not such a bad son.
你不是个坏儿子
When do you want to start?At once.
你想何时启程? 立刻走
If I get back to Paris tomorrow, the next morning.
若我明天回巴黎 第二天早上就走
Well…

Ready, Marguerite?
都准备好了吗,玛格丽特?
But we planned to go to the theater. Why aren’t you dressed?
但我们计划好去看戏 你为何没穿好衣服呢?
I’ve changed my mind, Prudence.
我改变心意了,卜东施
Oh, come now, get dressed. I’ll wait.
好啦!去穿衣服,我等
No, no, no.
不,不,不,不要
Look, how do you spell “apology”?
对了,道歉要怎么个拼法?
Good gracious, how should I know?
老天爷!我怎么知道?
I’m no scholar.
我不是读书人
Even so, you’ve been living in Paris.
纵然这样,你住在巴黎呀
Six years ago, I couldn’t even write my own name.
六年前,我名字都不会写呢
Here’s a letter which just came.
有封信刚刚才到
Perhaps Nanine knows how to spell “apology.”
或许娜宁知道道歉怎么拼
She asked me that once before today.
她今天早就问过我了
Is it the same apology?
是同样的“道歉”吗?
Oh, don’t bother. It isn’t necessary now.
哎,别麻烦了 现在没必要了
If that young man has made you unhappy,
要是那年轻人使你不乐
he’s the one who should spell “apology.”
他才是应该拼“道歉”的人
Ah!
哎!
It’s all my fault.
那全是我的错
He’s going away, Prudence.
他要离开了,卜东施
Stop your nonsense. He won’t go. They never do.
胡说!他不会走的 他们不会那么做
No, I think he means it.
不,我认为他是真的
And perhaps it’s better.
或许那样比较好
But he had no right to write such things to me.
可是他无权对我写这种信
Of course he didn’t. Now, come along. Let’s go to the theater.
当然,他没有权 好了,来吧,咱们去看戏
But first you’ll stop at his place and
好,不过 你先要在他住处停一下
find out if he’s really going away.
查明他是否真要离开的原因
Why on earth does anyone live four flights up?
为何世上 竟有人住在四楼呢?
You’ve come with a message. Yes, I’ve got to sit down…
你带来了讯息? 对,我最好先坐下休息
before I can talk.
在我能开口说话之前
From Mademoiselle Gautier? Yes.
钱提耶小姐的来信? 没错
Girl’s a fool.
那女孩是个傻瓜
She wants to know if you’re really starting out to see the world…
她想知道你是否真要 启程去见见世面
as you wrote her yesterday.
你昨天写给她的信
Yes, it’s true. I’m leaving in the morning.
对,是真的,我早上就离开
Good.
很好
You and Marguerite are safer apart.
你和玛格丽特分开比较安全
Didn’t I tell you to wait in the carriage?
我不是叫你在马车等吗?
Oh, so you really are going away, Armand Duval?
你真的要离开了,亚蒙杜瓦
Yes.
是的
Wait down in the carriage yourself, Prudence.
你到马车里等吧,卜东施
Oh, very well, since I’m not wanted here.
很好,既然我在这里不受欢迎
No, I think I’d better stay.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!