you’ll land in the gutter before you’re through.
在你结束前会丧命于阴水沟
Or back on that farm where you came from…
或是回到你原来的农场
milking cows and cleaning out henhouses.
挤牛奶和清理鸡舍
Cows and chickens make better friends than I’ve ever met in Paris.
牛和鸡可比我在 巴黎遇到的人够朋友
Come here.
来一下!
Stop the baron going to Box A.
阻止男爵走向A包厢
Tell him to join us in Box B.
告诉他来B包厢跟我们会面
Hurry. Hurry!
快点!快点!
Monsieur le Baron.
男爵大人!
There has been a mistake, Monsieur le Baron.
出了点差错,男爵大人
The lady who sent you the note does not wish you to go to Box A…
递送短笺的女士 不希望你去A包厢
but to join her and her friend in Box B.
而是到B包厢 与她和她的朋友会合
So it is you.
果然就是你
Do come in, monsieur.
请进呀,先生
But your answer, Monsieur le Baron.
那你的答覆呢,男爵大人
You may say that for the moment I am engaged.
就说目前我已经有约会了
Are you following me?
你在跟着我吗?
Yes.You…
是的,你…
Well, you did smile at me a moment ago, didn’t you?
呃,你刚才确实 对我微笑了,不是吗?
Well, you tell me first whether you smiled at me or at my friend.
你先告诉我你是对我 还是对我的朋友微笑
What friend?
什么朋友?
You didn’t even see her?
你连她都没看见 没有
No. That’s very nice.
那可好呢!
I was wondering if you’d ask me to sit down if I knocked at the door of the box.
我在想如果我敲那包厢的门 你是否愿意请我坐下
Why not?
为什么不呢?
We really seemed fated to meet this evening, didn’t we?
我们确实适合今晚相见 不是吗?
Fate must’ve had something to do with this evening.
命运一定跟这件事有关
I’ve hoped for it so long.
我盼望好久了
You don’t believe me? No.
你不相信我 没错
The first time I saw you was a year and a half ago.
第一次我见到你 是在一年半以前
You were in an open carriage and dressed in white.
你坐在一辆敞蓬马车 身穿白衣
I saw you go into a shop in the Place de la Bourse.
我见到你下车 走进一家波希广场的商店
Yes, that might’ve happened.
没错,可能有过
I went to a dressmaker in Place de la Bourse.
我习惯到波希广场 找一位裁缝师
You were wearing a thin dress with miles of ruffles…
你穿着一件 有长长羽饰的薄洋装
a large straw hat,
一顶大草帽
an embroidered shawl,
一条绣花的披肩
a single bracelet and heavy, gold chain…
一个手镯 还有一条重重的金链子
and, of course, the camellias at your waist.
当然腰上还系着茶花
You have a marvelous memory, haven’t you?
你有惊人的记忆力,不是吗?
The next time was at the Opera Comique.
第二次是在喜剧歌♥剧场
You were sitting in a box with a fur coat on…
你穿着一件皮裘大衣 坐在一个包厢内
and Gaston, a chap whom I know who knows you…
而盖斯东 我所知道认识你的人
said, “Marguerite’s been ill.”
说玛格丽特一直生病
And that hurt me.
而那使我心痛
The next time… Tell me, if all you say is true…
下一次… 告诉我,若你说的属实
why have you never spoken to me before?
为何以前不曾跟我说过话呢?
In the first place, I didn’t know you.
首先,我不认识你
You didn’t know me tonight.
你今晚也不认识我呀
No, but after you smiled at me, I knew you wouldn’t mind.
没错,而你对我微笑以后 我就知道你不介意了
And now, since you’ve met me?
而现在,自从你认识我之后
Now I know that I love you…
现在,我知道我爱你
and have loved you since that first day.
从第一天以后 就已经爱上你了
Marguerite, my dear.
玛格丽特,亲爱的!
After what happened, I had to have a brandy.
事情发生后 我必须喝一杯白兰地
And after that, two brandies.
后来又喝了两杯白兰地
Yes, and then he made me have another.
没错,接着他强迫我再喝一杯
Well, that’s only four.
哎,那只是四杯而已
Suppose you go and have another, Prudence, and then…
倘若你再去喝一杯,卜东施
Well, then another.
等一会儿,你又要喝一杯
You don’t want to get me drunk, do you?
你不会想灌醉我,是吧?
She wants to get rid of us.
她想赶走我们 你难道看不出来吗?
She wants to be alone with my friend.
她想单独跟我朋友在一起
For once in your life you’re quite right, Gaston.
你生命中第一次 完全正确,盖斯东
Who is your friend anyway?
你这朋友到底是谁?
Baron de Varville,
范维尔男爵
this is my neighbor, Madame Duvernoy.
这位是我邻居,范奴瓦夫人
Baron de Varville?
范维尔男爵?
He, the Baron de Varville?
他,范维尔男爵?
No wonder she wanted to get rid of us.
难怪她想赶我们走呢!
Well, I…
我,可是我…
I never said I was the “Baron” anybody.
我从没说过我是男爵什么的
There’s the Baron de Varville…
那儿才是范维尔男爵
sitting over there, big as life, with that wretch, Olympe.
坐在那边 跟恶婆娘奥兰普在一起
Really?
真的吗?
Certainly.
当然啦
Well, this is rather funny.
唉,这是相当滑稽
Funny?
滑稽?
Yes, I quite agree with you. It is funny.
没错,我完全同意你 是滑稽
Oh, even if you’re not Baron de Varville,
纵然你不是范维尔男爵
sit down.
坐下来
I can’t believe I’m wanted now
我难以相信我受欢迎
that my unimportance has been discovered.
目前我的微不足道 已经被揭发
Don’t be silly. Who are you anyhow?
别傻气了,你到底是谁啊?
My name is Armand Duval.
我叫亚蒙杜瓦
I’ve never had any reason to be ashamed of it.
我绝无任何理由 因而感到惭愧的
Armand Duval. Yes.
亚蒙杜瓦啊 是的
I’m not always sincere.
我不是一向很真诚
One can’t be in this world, you know.
一个人在这世上是不可能的
But I am not sorry the mistake happened.
但产生这误会我并不遗憾
Nor am I.
我也不
The baron keeps looking over here.
男爵一直朝这儿看
That must worry Olympe.
那一定使奥兰普烦心了
Well, as long as you don’t wish to sit down,
既然你不想坐下来
would you go and buy me some sweets?
你去替我买♥♥些甜饼好吗?
You can afford a pound of marrons glacés…even if you’re not the rich baron, can’t you?
纵然你不是有魅力的 你可负担得起我部份旧习性
I’ll not come back with your sweets too soon.
我不会太快 带着你的甜饼回来
What is your friend’s name?
你的朋友叫什么名字?
I’m not sure which friend you mean.
我不确定你指的是哪个朋友
The girl in the opposite box whom you just spoke to.
刚刚在对面包厢 跟你说过话的女郎郎
Oh, her.
哦,她呀!
Well, she’s hardly a friend.
她难以称得上是朋友
I know her, of course.
我当然认识她啦
But she’s not easy to get along with. Ask anybody.
但我告诉你她很不容易相处 你去问其他人
What did you say her name was?
你刚才说她叫什么来着?
And she has a reputation of being one of the most extravagant girls in Paris…
她有个巴黎 最奢华女郎郎的封号♥
as well as one of the most insincere.
同时也是最伪善的女郎郎
I like sincerity, don’t you?
我喜欢真心,你不是吗?
It’s an admirable quality.
那是令人倾慕的特质
Well, I insist on it.
喔,我固守着它
She’s the kind who says one thing and thinks another.
她是言行不一致的那种人
Who?
谁呀?
Marguerite, the girl we were talking about.
玛格丽特,我们谈的那女郎郎
Marguerite.
玛格丽特?
What is her other name?
她姓什么?
Gautier.
钱提耶
Not that it’s her real name.
那不是她的真正的姓
She had some sort of very common name,
我听说她刚到巴黎时 有个蛮普通的姓
I hear, when she came to Paris.
在她来到巴黎时 我听说她有个蛮普通的名字
There’s no use boring you about her.
用不着说出来使你厌烦
A friend of mine is giving a small party tonight,
今晚我有个朋友 要举办小型宴会
if you’d care to come.I detest parties
如果你愿意来的话 我讨厌宴会
. Thank you for a very charming entr’acte, my dear.
谢谢你这非常魅人的邀请 可人儿
Will I see you again?
我可以再见到你吗?
I should think it’s very likely, sometime. Good evening.
我想很有可能 有空的话,晚安了
Good evening.
晚安
Good evening.
晚安
I hope I don’t intrude.
希望我没唐突
No.You’re very welcome, baron.
没有,非常欢迎你来,男爵
I was delighted when I saw that you were alone.
见到你一个人,我很高兴

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!