And you won’t have to live in two rooms five flights up like Nichette either.
你也不必像妮雪一样 住在五楼上的两个房♥间
You’ll have a little house in the garden, all your own.
我们可拥有一栋小房♥子 和花♥园♥,全属于你的
I’m leaving for Paris tomorrow to see the lawyer who made my grandfather’s will.
我明天到巴黎去见 执行我祖父遗嘱的那位律师
Do you know what I asked Prudence to do?
你可知道我请卜东施 明天做什么事吗?
No, what?Sell everything, pay everything.
不知道,是什么啊? 卖♥♥掉一切,偿还一切
So I could take a flat like Nichette’s with what I have left.
那我用剩下的钱就可 像妮雪一样
Really?
买♥♥一层公♥寓♥ 真的?
You mean you’d give up everything for me?
你是说你为我放弃一切?
Everything in the world. Everything.
世上的每样东西,一切
Never be jealous again. Never doubt that I love you more than the world…
绝不要再嫉妒了
more than myself.
胜过于我自己
Then…marry me.
那么嫁给我吧!
What?
什么?
I married you today.
我今天就娶你
Every word the priest said was meant for us…
牧师说的每一个字 都是为我们说的
and in my heart, I made all of the vows to you.
在我心中 我对你许下了所有誓言
And I to you.
而我,对你立誓
Then…
那么…
No, no. That isn’t fitting.
不,不行,那不合适
Let me love you. Let me live for you.
让我爱你,让我为你而活
Don’t let me ask any more from heaven than that.
但别让我再向上天 祈求这件事
God might get angry.
上帝可能会发怒的
Oh, why does anybody want to keep bees, anyhow?
唉,为何总有人想养蜂呢?
They’re so fickle.
它们是那么多变
If they want to fly away, let them.
如果它们想飞走 就让它们飞走嘛
They’ll fly away when they get the swarming fever…
当它们染上了蜂拥热时 它们会飞走的
unless we make so much noise they settle down again.
除非我们制♥造♥出大量噪音 它们就会再度停顿下来
They’re going to settle in that tree. Look.
它们打算在那棵树做巢,瞧!
come on! Hurry!
快点过来!快呀!快!
Every time I eat a mouthful of honey, I’ll think what loons we look doing this.
每次我吃一口蜂蜜时,我都会考虑这样做的目的。
Who knows the bee song? All together now.
谁知道那首蜜蜂歌♥? 现在大家一起唱
Please don’t think us mad, monsieur.
请别以为她们疯了,先生
Did you want to see someone?
你想见某个人吗?
Mademoiselle Gautier? Yes.
钱提耶小姐? 是的
I was told at the inn that I’d find my son here.
在客栈有人告诉我 可以在这儿找到我儿子
Your son?
你的儿子?
Armand Duval.
亚蒙杜瓦
Oh

Yes, Armand Duval is very often here,
没错,亚蒙杜瓦是常在这儿
but he’s in Paris today.
但他今天在巴黎
Do you wish to come in?
你可愿意进来吗?
Thank you.
谢谢你
I’m sorry your son isn’t here, monsieur.
很抱歉 你的儿子不在这儿,先生
Well, it’s just as well.
那无所谓
I didn’t look forward to seeing him with any pleasure, under the circumstances.
我并不期盼在这情况下 见到他会有愉快可言
As a matter of fact, I’m glad to be able to talk to you directly and frankly.
事实上,我很高兴可以跟你 直接而坦白地谈一下
You see, I know what’s been going on here.
你知道的 我明白在这儿的情况?
You don’t think me worthy of your son.
当然了 你不认为我配得上你儿子
You’re right, I’m not.
你是对的,我是不配
No. No woman is worthy of a man’s love…
没错,诚如你目前所为
who’s willing to let him ruin himself for her, as you’re doing.
没有女子配得上一个男人 情愿为她自我毁灭的爱情
I don’t know what you’ve heard, but it isn’t true.
我不知道你听到什么 但那不是事实
Armand has told me himself…that he wants to take his modest fortune out of my hands at once.
亚蒙亲自告诉我他想即刻 从我手中拿走他微薄的财富
The reason is obvious, isn’t it?
这理由很明显,不是吗?
Can you deny he wants the money for you?
你能否认他是为了你 要这笔钱吗?
Whatever the reason, I hope you won’t let him have it, monsieur.
不管什么原因 希望你不会让他得到,先生
I wish I could believe you were sincere.
但愿我能相信你的诚意
A few years ago, I lived on bread and soup.
几年以前,我过着糜烂生活
I can manage very well without taking anything from Armand.
用不着向亚蒙拿任何东西 我可以生活得很好
I still say what I came here to say.
我依然要说出 我来这里要说的话
This thing must end at once.
这件事必须立刻终止
You might as well save your breath, monsieur.
你不妨省省力气吧,先生
How long have you known Armand, Madame?
你认识亚蒙多久了,小姐?
Three months and 12 days, monsieur.
三个月又十二天了,先生
Three months and 12 days.
三个月又十二天
And how long do you expect this thing to last?
你期望这事持续多久啊?
You have never known love to last, monsieur?
难倒你从来不懂 爱情至死不渝吗,先生?
Never, when it was unsanctified by marriage…
绝不会,当它被婚姻玷污
unblessed by children or social ties.
受到孩子与社会束缚的恶运时
I shall love Armand always,
我会永远爱亚蒙
and I believe he shall love me always too.
我相信他也会永远爱我
Always, eh? Always.
永远,是吗? 永远
Hasn’t your own experience taught you the human heart can’t be trusted?
你的经验不曾教导你 人类的心是不可信任的吗?
I think I know my own heart better than you can, monsieur.
我的心好过于你,先生
And I can trust it not to change.
我可以相信它不会改变
No woman, unprotected as you are,
像你这种无保障的女人
can afford to give the best years of her life…
负担不起把生命 最好的时光给予一个男人
to a man who, when he leaves her, will leave her with nothing…
当他离开她时 将不会留给她任何东西
and who is certain to leave her in the end.
而他确定最后会离开她
I don’t suppose you can understand how any woman…
我不认为你能了解任何女人
unprotected, as you say I am,
正如你说的我是无保障
can be lifted above self-interest…
怎么可能撇开私利
by a sentiment so delicate and pure that she feels only humiliation…
我的情感多么细致纯真
when you speak of such things.
以致于你提及此事时 她只感觉到屈辱
I realize now that you do love him unselfishly.
我现在体认到 你是无私地爱他
But even so, I say it can’t go on.
但纵使这样 事情不能持续下去
But it will go on!
但它会持续下去
Armand is a young man…
亚蒙是要开创前途的年轻人
with his way to make, with a career waiting for him.
有事业等着他
And in his case,
在这情况
he can’t serve his best interests by being tied…
他被女子所困 无法获得最佳利益
to a woman he can’t present to his family or his friends.
他无法在家人 与朋友面前立足
Armand is no different than other men.
亚蒙与其他男子无异
Oh, come, Madame.Be honest.
唉,好了,小姐,坦白些
Haven’t you found him different?
你没发现他与众不同吗?
Haven’t you found him more sensitive, more loyal?
你难倒没发现他 比较敏感,比较忠诚?
Or am I prejudiced because I’m his father?
或许是我的偏见 因为我是他父亲
No. No, no.
没错
Armand is different.
我知道亚蒙是与众不同
And so you see, as long as Armand loves you,
那你就明白,只要亚蒙爱你
he’ll not enter rooms that you can’t.
你走不到的地方 他就不会走入
But a man can go back. He can always go back.
但男人可以回头 他永远可以回头啊
Monsieur…
先生!
suppose I told you I have a feeling I shan’t live very long?
假设我告诉你 我有个感觉不会活很久
Well, then I’d scold you for being fanciful and a little foolish.
那我会责怪你 太富于幻想,有点蠢了
What you probably feel is the melancholy of happiness…
可能你感觉到的是 幸福的 忧郁 愁思
that mood that comes over all of us when we realize…
那种情绪我们都会有
that even love can’t remain at flood tide forever.
当我们体会到甚至爱情 也无法永远保留在满潮时
Without Armand, I’m doomed.
没有了亚蒙,我就毁灭了
With him, you’re both doomed.
跟着他,你们俩都完蛋
Without a profession of any sort, what can he do?
没有任何职业,他能做什么?
Unless he sinks so low he’s willing to let some other man…
除非他那么沉沦
foot the bills for his life with you.
为了跟你生活 甘愿让别的男人支付帐单
You don’t know Armand. You wouldn’t say that.
你不了解亚蒙,他不会那么做
No one knows the man he might become if he loses his self-respect.
如果他失去自尊 没人知道他会变成怎样
But I think that’s too high a price to pay, even for love.
但我认为纵使为了爱情 付出的代价也太高了
I want Armand to enjoy life, not to be sacrificed to it.
我要亚蒙享受人生 而不是为爱牺牲
You see, my son is as dear to me as he possibly can be to you.
你知道我儿对我来说 可能就像对你一样珍贵
Yes, but you have others who are dear to you.
没错,但是对你来说 你有其他的宝贝儿
I have only Armand.
我只有亚蒙
You don’t know how I’ve changed.
你不知道我怎么地改变了
And he taught me that love is not always selfish,
他教了我 爱并不永远是自私的
nor goodness dull…nor men faithless.
善良既不乏味 人们也不是无信
No, no. You can’t expect me to give up such love as his.
不,不行,你不能期盼我 放弃像他这样的爱情
Think what’s best for him.
想想什么事对他最好
Think what you’d want for him if he were your own son.
假若他是你亲生儿子 想想你期望他什么
Then think how you’re killing his right to a normal life.
再想想你怎能扼杀 他过正常生活的权利
Try to realize that everything you’re ashamed of in your own past…
尽量去体会你过去 引以为耻的每件事
would only taint his future.
只会玷污了他的未来
You tell me that you love him.
你告诉我说你爱他

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!