“谦卑”,夫人?
“Humility,” milady?
难道这不是今年法国的时尚吗?
Or isn’t it fashionable in France this year?
我们最好到别处讨论这个计划。你看起来太漂亮了… …除了嬉闹和鲜花,你还能想点别的。
Well, we best discuss the program elsewhere. You look too beautiful… …to have anything on your mind other than frolic and flowers.
祝你有愉快的一天。你们也一样。
Have a lovely day. Same to all of you.
过来,兰斯洛特。
Come along, Lancelot.
快来。
Come quickly.
日安,我的王后。
Good day, my queen.
-我的天啊,他真讨厌。-而且非常好。
– Mon dieu, he’s unpleasant. – And so poisonously good.
他可能走过了海峡。
He probably walked across the channel.
先生Dinadan吗?
Sir Dinadan?
陛下。
Your Majesty.
下次锦标赛是什么时候?
When is the next tournament?
下星期六,陛下。
A week from Saturday, Your Majesty.
我们最好的三个比武手是谁?
And who are the three best jousters we have?
莱昂内尔爵士,萨格拉莫尔爵士… …并与所有humilité… …我,陛下。
Sir Lionel, Sir Sagramore… … and with all humilité… …I, Your Majesty.
真的吗?
Really?
先生莱昂内尔?
Sir Lionel?
你还记得那天晚上我明确说过你可以在下次城镇集市上做我的舞伴吗?
Do you recall the other night That I distinctly said you might Serve as my escort At the next town fair?
恐怕我得请一个人来代替你的位置他显然是无与伦比的法国人的力量比我见过的任何地方都强大
Well, I’m afraid there’s someone Who I must invite in place of you Someone who plainly is Beyond compare The Frenchman’s power Is more tremendous Than I have ever seen anywhere
当一个人如此强壮他理应带我去集市陛下让我和他一起斜着腰打他我恳求您不要这么突然地拒绝我
And when a man is that stupendous He, by right, should take me To the fair Your Majesty Let me tilt with him And smite him Don’t refuse me so abruptly I implore
给我个机会和他战斗高卢就会再次分♥裂♥你会痛打他吗?
Oh, give me the opportunity To fight him And Gaul will be divided Once more You will bash and thrash him?
我要把他打得稀巴烂!
I will smash and mash him!
你会给他添麻烦?
You’ll give him trouble?
他会变成废墟。
He will be rubble.
一个强大的份儿?
A mighty whack?
他的头骨会碎的!
His skull will crack!
我的天啊!。
Mon dieu.
然后你可以带我去集市如果你做了所有你承诺的事情事实上,我的心会心碎如果你不带我去集市陛下。
Then you may Take me to the fair If you do all the things You promise In fact, my heart will break Should you not take me To the fair Your Majesty.
先生Sagramore吗?
Sir Sagramore?
我有个很痛苦的消息要告诉你你将在下次舞会上陪在我身边你是被选中的,我知道但这是传统,应该去
I have some rather painful news Relative to the subject who’s To be beside me at the next court ball You were the chosen one, I know But it’s tradition it should go
献给大厅里毫无疑问的冠军我确信那个伟大的法国人可以轻易地征服所有的人打败我们所有的追随者,他应该在舞会上坐在我旁边
To the unquestioned champion In the hall And I’m convinced That splendid Frenchman Can easily conquer one and all And besting all our local Henchmen, he Should sit beside me At the ball
我求你了,夫人不要邀请我向你发誓,我一定会迎接这个挑战的当我完成任务后我会把他交给恩布罗切特殿下
I beg of you, ma’am Withhold your invitation I swear to you this challenge Will be met And when I have finished up The operation I shall serve him to Your Highness En brochette
你会刺穿他吗?
You’ll pierce right through him?
哈哈。我要烧烤他!
Ha, ha. I’ll barbecue him!
一个邪恶的推力?
A wicked thrust?
它将归于尘土。
It will be dust to dust.
从船头到船尾?
From fore to aft?
他会感觉……一个草案。
He’ll feel… …a draft.
我的天哪!嗯,Sagramore爵士。
My goodness! Well, Sir Sagramore.
你可以在舞会上坐在我旁边如果你在战斗中摧毁了他事实上,我知道如果舞会上你不在我身边我会哭的
You may sit By me at the ball If you demolish him In battle In fact, I know I’d cry Were you not by me At the ball
先生Dinadan吗?
Sir Dinadan?
我不是答应过你,你可以带我去伦敦吗那天我要去当牛展的评委因为那是一趟很艰难的旅程我身边一定有人
Didn’t I promise that you may Guide me to London on the day That I go up to judge The cattle show As it is quite a nasty ride There must be someone by my side
谁会保护我不受野兽和敌人的伤害所以当我选择我喜欢的人时我会选择我认识的最强壮的骑士年轻的杜拉克似乎最强壮因此他应该带我去看牛展
Who’ll be defending me From beast and foe So when I choose whom I prefer go I take the strongest knight I know And young Du Lac seems strongest Ergo He should Take me to the cattle show
陛下简直不敢相信他的胡言乱语让他用剑或长矛来证明吧我向你保证,当我结束这场血淋淋的战斗他的肩膀会寂寞的因为他的头
Your Majesty can’t believe This blustering prattle Let him prove it With a sword or lance instead I promise you when I’m done This gory battle His shoulders will be lonesome For his head
他你会断开?
You’ll disconnect him?
我要解剖他!
I’ll vivisect him!
你会把他开膛破肚?
You’ll open wide him?
我要细分他!
I’ll subdivide him!
那你可以带我去看演出如果你能完成你的节目事实上,我内心很悲伤如果你不带我去看演出夫人,我们将结束高卢人的喧嚣和神经
Then you may guide me To the show If you can carry out Your program In fact, I’d grieve inside Should you not guide me To the show Milady, we shall put an end to That Gallic bag of noise And nerve
当我们做了我们想做的一切他就会成为一盘法式开胃小菜我为你的崇高目标鼓掌现在让我们看看你是否实现了如果你实现了那么你就是三个
When we do all that we Intend to He’ll be a plate of French Hors d’oeuvres I do applaud your noble goals Now let us see if you Achieve them And if you do Then you will be the three
谁会去舞会,去演出,带我去集市-去集市-去集市-去集市-去集市-去集市去集市
Who will go to the ball To the show And take me To the fair – To the fair – To the fair – To the fair – To the fair To the fair
我的领主!
My lords!
你看到最新的法令了吗?这是最后一根稻草。
Have you seen the latest edict? ‘Tis the final straw.
拒绝放下武器的骑士将受到攻击… …就好像他们是农奴一样。
Knights who refuse to lay down their arms will be attacked… …as if they were serfs.
我们不仅要杀步兵,也要杀骑士。
We’re not only to kill foot soldiers, but knights as well.
我们都知道了,迪纳丹。
Oh, we know all about it, Dinadan.
但其他骑士…
But these other knights…
...如果他们反击……-…我们可能会被杀死。——这是正确的。
…if they fight back… – …we could be killed. – That’s right.
出生在上流社会的感觉是什么… …如果你能像下等人一样被杀?嗯?
What’s the sense of being born in the upper class… … if you can get killed like the lower class? Huh?
它有法式烹饪的味道。
It has the stink of French cooking.
嗯,周六之后… …我们会继续吃约克郡布丁。
Well, after Saturday… … we shall be back on Yorkshire pudding.
佩莉,你为什么不… …放弃寻找你的王国… …和我们一起永远定居下来?
Pelly, why don’t you… … give up searching for your kingdom… …and come settle down with us for good?
你真是太好了,亚瑟。
That’s jolly kind of you, Arthur.
我的意思是,我喜欢床和所有的… …但事实上,我觉得这里的一切都不怎么宁静。
I mean, I love the bed and all that… … but the truth is I don’t find things too restful around here.
我忍♥不住希望你能停止… …思考……别去管它。
I can’t help wishing that you’d stop… … thinking… …and leave well enough alone.
我完全反对你的这些新想法。-有什么新想法?
– I’m all against these new ideas of yours. – What new ideas?
任何新的想法。
Any new ideas.
最好的人打最好的人。这是不正确的。这不是。
Best people whacking best people. That’s not right. That’s not.
楼下的那些家伙都气疯了。
The chaps downstairs, they’re gnashing mad.
咬牙切齿。
Gnashing.
都是他的错,你知道的。
It’s all his fault, you know.
皇帝查理曼大帝。
Emperor Charlemagne there.
他没有活动,这是他的毛病。
He has no activities, that’s his trouble.
没有世俗的快乐。
No secular pleasures.
安静,佩利!
Quiet, Pelly!
Excusez…嗯哼,我。
Excusez, uh…. Ahem, me.
但你没有什么活动吗?
Uh, but do you not have any, uh, activities?
什么爱好?任何,呃……?
Any, uh, hobbies? Any, uh…?
不,Pellinore。
No, Pellinore.
有,你看。你看到了什么?
There, you see. Do you see?
为什么他不能像其他人一样,而要像他自己呢?
Now why can’t he be like the other chaps instead of like himself?
为什么他不能回家的一个晚上,挂他的盾… …做些让他感到羞耻的事吗?嗯?
Why can’t he come home of an evening, hang up his shield… …and do something that he can be ashamed of? Hmm?
你确定他是法国人?
You sure he’s French?
佩利。
Pelly.
恐怕老爷是对的。
I’m afraid milord is right.
所有的狂热者都是令人恼火的,柏林诺。
All fanatics are irritating, Pellinore.
我是一个狂热者。
And I am a fanatic.
我和你一样不喜欢这样。
And I don’t enjoy it any more than you do.
兰斯,你没有建议改吗?
Lance, didn’t you have a change to suggest?
我们可以明天讨论我的想法。如果你不介意的话。
We can discuss my idea tomorrow. If you will excuse me.
我打盹的时候,有没有错过骑士精神的进步?
While I was napping, did I miss any improvements in chivalry?
不,夫人。如果您不介意的话,先生,当您今晚与上帝安排事情时… …明天一定要给我们一个好天气。
No, milady. If you will excuse me– Monsieur, when you’re arranging things with God tonight… …do be sure to give us fine weather tomorrow.
-晚安,陛下。-晚安,兰斯
– Good night, sire. – Good night, Lance.
晚安,Pellinore。
Good night, Pellinore.
晚安,各位。
Good night.
听到最新的吗?他相信他的纯洁给了他神奇的力量。哈。
Heard the latest? He believes his purity gives him miraculous powers. Heh.
毫无疑问,他指的是他的体力。
He was undoubtedly referring to his physical prowess.
这确实是巨大的。
Which is vast, indeed.
哦,是的。好吧,我们明天再说吧。
Oh, yes. Well, we’ll see about that tomorrow.
萨格拉莫尔、莱昂内尔和迪纳丹都向他发起了比武挑战。
Sagramore, Lionel and Dinadan have all challenged him to a joust.
三个该死的壮汉!
Three damn strong men!
-一天之内就有三个?——完全相当。
– All three in one day? – Quite, exactly.
这不是不可思议的吗?不可思议的!
Isn’t it marvelous? Marvelous!
没错,是的!
Exactly, yes!
我告诉你,亚瑟。
I tell you, Arthur.
我从未见过像他这样的人。
I’ve never met anyone like him.
我的意思是……他没有女人。
I mean… …he has no lady.
只跟你和上帝说话… …充满宗教信仰,是个令人讨厌的人。
Talks to no one but you and God… … crammed full of religion, an all-around unpleasant fellow.
我等不及明天了。这将是一场欢乐的大屠♥杀♥。
I can’t wait until tomorrow. It’ll be a jolly massacre.
晚安,女士。晚上好,先生。
Good night, ma’am. Good night, sir.
我真的很期待。这将是非常棒的。哈哈。
I’m really looking forward to it. It’s going to be marvelous. Ha, ha.
莱昂内尔爵士的感谢信。
A note of thanks from Sir Lionel.
我答应他明天比武时可以帮我拿手帕。
I’ve promised he can carry my kerchief in the joust tomorrow.
珍妮。
Jenny.
如果你… …,我将非常感激撤销你对莱昂内尔爵士的许可
I would be most grateful if you… … would withdraw your permission from Sir Lionel.
我想我做不到。那会相当尴尬。
Uh, I don’t think I could. It would be rather awkward.
那就让兰斯洛特带着它去对付萨格拉莫尔。
Then allow Lancelot to carry it against Sagramore.
-我答应把我的手帕给他了。-那对迪纳丹呢?
– I’ve promised my kerchief to him. – Then against Dinadan?
我也答应过他。他问得那么动听,我无法拒绝。
I’ve promised him too. He asked so prettily, I couldn’t refuse.
这太可怕了,珍妮。
Well, this is appalling, Jenny.
在法庭上看来,你是在支持他的失败。
It will seem to the court that you are championing his defeat.
也许他不会。他把你打昏了。你成为朋友。
Perhaps he won’t be. He knocked you unconscious. You became friends.
他可能会把他们打晕,他们就会一起占领一所房♥子。
He may knock them out, and they’ll all take a house together.
我知道他现在很难适应。
I realize he’s having a difficult time adjusting.
但他是个陌生人。
But he’s a stranger.
他甚至不是英国人。他是法国人。
He’s not even English. He’s French.
好吧,他在翻译上很痛苦。
Well, he suffers in translation.
珍妮,我问你,我相信你嫉妒那些骑士和他们对我的殷勤。
Jenny, I ask you– I believe you’re jealous of the knights and their attentions to me.
-是吗,亲爱的?——嫉妒?什么绝对的垃圾!
– Are you, my love? – Jealous? What absolute rubbish!
你知道我很高兴宫廷如此崇拜你。
You know I am delighted the court adores you so.