-我勒个天呐。 -这不是什么火箭发射科学。
It’s a 20-minute procedure
这个20分钟的手术
that a man with no medical training
是一个没受过医学训练的人
taught himself.
自学的。
– Safer than a tonsillectomy. – Which is done by a surgeon.
-比扁桃体切除术更安全。 -那是外科医生做的。
We could do this.
我们可以做到。
We could do the procedures for free.
我们可以免费做这些手术。
No. No way. It’s too risky.
不。没门。这太冒险了。
We take on risk every time we answer that phone.
我们每次接电♥话♥,都是在冒险。
No, we minimize risk.We’re careful.
不,我们要把风险降到最低。我们要小心。
We pay off the right monster.
我们贿赂那些保守派们。
So you think it’s an accident we haven’t been busted?
所以你觉得我们没被抓,是个侥幸意外吗?
You’re right.
你是对的。
But we are entirely dependent on one man who is not a doctor.
但我们完全依赖一个人,他还不是医生。
If I were to let you do this and you screwed up one time,
如果我让你这么做,而你搞砸了一次,
if even one woman died on our watch,
哪怕有一个女人,死在我们眼皮底下,
I mean, think about that.
想想后果吧。
Not to mention,it’s felony homicide.
更不用说,这可是杀人案重罪。
Okay?
明白吗?
I’m not scared of jail, Joy. I’ve been to jail.
我不害怕坐牢,乔伊。我坐过牢。
(黑帮成员因操纵非法堕胎而遭逮捕)
I’m scared there won’t be anyone left to answer the phone.
我怕到时候,没人能留下来,接听求助热♥线♥了。
It’s supposed to be a shepherd’s pie,
这有点儿像肉馅土豆饼,
but it’s more like hamburger noodles.
但更像是,夹着面条的汉堡。
Mmm, it’s delicious, Char.
但是还挺好吃的,夏尔。
– Don’t you think so, Joy? – Mm-hmm. Perfection.
-你不这么认为吗?乔伊。 -嗯嗯。完美。
I tell you what, I wish…
我告诉你吧,我希望…
I wish I learned to make hamburger noodles in school.
我希望,我上学时,就学做夹着面条的汉堡。
I don’t think you mean that, Will.
我觉得你不是这个意思,威尔。
You’re saying it to be nice,and it is nice.
你这么说是出于好意,确实是好意。
And it’s also true that it tastes good.
而且它的味道也不错。
But…
但是…
we’re pretty sure you don’t wish you’d learned it in school.
我们很确定,你不希望自己在学校里,学过做它。
Because as a man,
因为,作为一个男人,
Home Ec would have been a waste of your time.
学做家务是在浪费你的时间。
You had, um, wrestling shop and grooming for law school,
你该去,摔跤俱乐部和法学院的培训班,
which is fantastic.
这才是有意义的。
But our daughter’s spending her school hours
但我们的女儿在学校里
learning what order to do the dishes in.
一直在学习洗碗的顺序。
Did something happen today?
今天发生什么事了吗?
Something upsetting?
有让你不高兴的事情吗?
No. I had a great day.
没有。我今天过得很好。
I like Home Ec.
我喜欢家政课程。
So did I,but that’s not my point.
我也是,但这不是我想说的。
Uh, in case there’s any doubt,
呃,如果有任何疑问,
I’d like to go on record and say…
我想公开地说清楚…
women can be whatever they want to be.
女人可以做任何她们想做的事。
As long as you don’t have to eat too many TV dinners.
只要你不吃太多“电视食品”就行。
– Okay, that’s not fair. Come on. – I totally agree.
-好吧,这不公平。少来啦。 -我完全同意。
I’m gonna heat up the pumpkin pie. All right?
我去热一下南瓜派。好吧?
Just get it in the oven.
把它放进烤箱就行了。
What are you laughing at?
你在笑什么?
Oh.
噢。
These are the people who can pay.
这些人是有支付能力的。
And these are the people who cannot pay.
这些人是付不起钱的。
We need an answering machine.
我们需要一台答录机。
Or I don’t know what.
否则,我什么都不知道。
I mean, there are only two free a week.
我的意思是,每周才只有两次免费手术。
How are we going to get through them all in time?
我们怎么能及时,把它们都完成呢?
How are we gonna decide who gets the freebies?
我们怎么决定,谁能得到免费手术?
Oh, this one. We have to do her.
哦,这个。我们得马上给她做。
She was raped.
她是被强♥奸♥的。
All of the free slots have gone to rape victims lately.
最近,所有的免费名额,都给了强♥奸♥受害者。
– So what? – I mean, is that it?
-那有怎么样? -我是说,就这样吗?
Is that the deciding factor?
这是决定因素吗?
If you were raped,you get a free slot?
如果你被强♥奸♥了,你就有空位吗?
Are you saying they don’t deserve the slots?
你是要说,她们不能得到这些空位吗?
Of course not.
当然不是。
I’m saying that this 11-year-old girl deserves it.
我是说,这位11岁的女孩应该得到这个。
Oh, my God.
哦,我的上帝。
And this mother of eight who’s being evicted deserves it.
而这位八个孩子的母亲被赶出家门,这是她应得的。
She was raped.
她是被强♥奸♥的。
Okay, I can’t have this fight.
好吧,我不能在吵下去了。
Well, this lady has cancer and she can’t continue her chemo
这位女士患有癌症,她不能在怀孕期间继续
while she’s pregnant.
她的化疗。
– Yeah, that’s noble. – I vote for Rita.
-是啊,真高尚。 -我投丽塔的票。
She’s finishing her dissertation on homelessness
她即将完成关于美国城市中,无家可归者的论文。
in American cities.Think of the good she could do.
想想她能做的好事。
– She was raped! – Okay.
-她是被强♥奸♥的! -好的。
This is just fucked up. I mean,at least before we just got rid
这太操蛋了。至少在我们赶走
of everybody who couldn’t pay.
所有付不起钱的人之前。
Look, it has to be random.
听着,这必须是随机的。
We are not making value judgments
我们并没有对这些女性
about these women.
做出价值判断。
– That’s not how we work. – That’s bullshit!
-我们不是这样工作的。 -这是胡说!
It’s life or death for some of them.
对她们中的一些人来说,是生或是死。
It’s life or death for all of them.
这对她们来说,都是生死攸关的事。
You get one shot.
你有一次机会了。
Have you seen my keys?
你看到我的车钥匙了吗?
Why are you so jumpy?
你怎么那么紧张?
I’m not.
我没有啊。
It’s Sunday. Relax.
今天是星期天。放松些。
Did your father happen to mention
你父亲有没有提到
when he’s coming back from golf?
他打高尔夫球,回来的时间?
Okay, where are you going?
好吧,你要去哪里?
Well, I told you, honey, a few of us from art class
我跟你说了,亲爱的,我们几个艺术课的同学
are meeting up to, um, do a life study.
要见面,做一个人的生平研究。
You said lunch before.
你之前说过,是吃午饭的。
Then why did you ask?
那你为什么要问?
All right, I’ll see you this afternoon.
好吧,我们下午见。
Spaghetti for dinner.
晚饭就吃意大利面。
Prepare a hot bath in a shallow pan
在一个浅平底锅中,准备一个开水器
to sterilize the instruments.
来消毒器械。
Where’s Joy?
乔伊去哪里了?
Ay, ay, ay.
啊,呀,呀。
星期天,… 上午11点,… 奥特尼德大街380号♥
It’s 11:20. Do you… Do you think she chickened out?
这都11点了。你认为…她会临阵退缩吗?
I will beat her to death with a rolling pin.
我要用擀面杖打死她的。
Should I call Dean?
我去喊迪恩来吗?
We thought you got cold feet.
我们以为你,临阵退缩了。
Oh, ye of little faith.
哦,是有一点儿缺乏信心。
Hope you’ve had your coffee.
希望你喝过咖啡了。
Where’s the doctor?
医生呢?
You’ve got to be kidding me.
你在跟我开玩笑吧。
It wasn’t some kind of statement.
这不是什么表态。
She was just the next card.
她只是下一张卡片上的。
Karma.
卡尔玛。
Thank you.
谢谢你
I remember you.
我记得你。
I remember you too.
我也记得你。
For the bleeding.
为了防止失血过量。
I want to be a mom someday.
有朝一日,我真想当一回母亲。
You will be. Just not today.
你会的。只是今天不行。
All right.
好吧。
I’m gonna dilate you now,
我现在要给你扩张,
which means opening the cervix,so I can perform the extraction.
也就是打开宫颈,这样我就可以把胎儿取出来了。
Are you really doing this yourself?
你真的要自己动手吗?
Yes, but you know what?
是的,但是你知道吗?
This is the first time I’ve done it alone.
这是我第一次独自完成。
You understand that, right?
你懂的,对吧?
Who was your first-grade teacher, Sandra?
桑德拉,你一年级的老师是谁?
I don’t… I can’t remember. Um…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!