他的另一个病人死亡的事情…
Look, officer, my wife has not…
你看,警官,我妻子已经没有…
Has gotten so much as a traffic ticket.
连一张交通罚单都没有。
I assure you, she would never involve herself
我向你保证,她绝不会卷入
in something like this.
类似这种事的。
Well, that’s too bad.
那就太糟糕了。
This woman…
这个女人…
is going to call Jane,
会给珍妮打电♥话♥,
and Jane will provide her with a service.
而珍妮会为她提供服务的。
She’s a friend of mine.
她是我的朋友。
Lots of cops have friends,you understand?
很多警♥察♥都有朋友,你明白吗?
Look, Detective, my wife,
你看啊,警长,我妻子,
she doesn’t know anything about this, okay?
她什么都不知道,好吗?
There’s a fee.
这是费用。
– Five hundred, right? – Six hundred.
-五百块,对吗? -六百块。
Just make sure that…
只要确保…
Jane gets this message.
珍妮收到信息就行了。
Thank you, Mrs. Griffin.
谢谢你,格里芬夫人。
Oh, no. No. I can see myself out.
哦,不。不。我可以自己出去。
Is there any point in me asking questions,
我问这些问题有意义吗,
or you’re just gonna lie?
还是你只想撒谎?
Ask me whatever you need to ask.
想问什么就问什么。
You…
你…
arrange illegal abortions?
安排非法堕胎?
– Safe abortions. – Oh, I don’t even know…
-安全堕胎。 -我都不知道…
I don’t even know.
我甚至都不知道。
Do you want to end up in prison?
你想进监狱吗?
– No, of course not. – Joy, this is…
-不,当然不想, -乔伊,这可是…
You’re an accessory to multiple crimes.
你是多起犯罪的从犯。
Maybe I think we could get you immunity
也许,我认为,你可以供出做手术
by giving up the name of the doctor who does the…
的医生的姓名,来获得免罪…
I can’t.
我不能。
Why the hell not?
为什么不呢?
Why not?
为什么不?
Because…
因为…
I’m the doctor.
我就是那名医生。
I’m the doctor.
我就是医生。
You’re operating on people?
你在给人做手术?
It’s not… It’s… It’s not an operation.
这不是…这是…这不是一次手术。
It’s… It’s a simple procedure.
这是…这是一个简单的小手术。
Joy, what are you doing? You’re operating on people?
乔依,你在干什么? 你在给人做手术?
– I had to. – How fucking stupid can you be?
-我必须这么做。 -你♥他♥妈♥有多蠢啊?
I had to. I…
我必须。我…
You should have stopped, Mom. I told you that.
你应该停下来的,妈妈。我告诉过你。
You dragged our daughter into this?
你把你女儿也牵扯进去了吗?
You don’t even see me. You don’t pay attention!
你甚至都不看我。你根本不在意!
Charlotte. Charlotte!
夏洛特。夏洛特!
Charlotte? Charlotte!
夏洛特?夏洛特!
She’s at Lana’s.
她去拉娜家了。
Virginia, it’s Joy.
弗吉尼娅。我是乔伊。
Would it be all right if… If Charlotte stays the night?
如果……可以的话? 如果夏洛特留下来过夜?
Yeah. Of course. They’re fine up there.
是的。当然可以。她们在楼上很好。
– Thank you. – Don’t worry about it.
-谢谢你。 -不用担心。
We can talk about it if you want.
如果你愿意,我们可以谈谈。
It’s not…
这不是…
You think you’re in control of your life,
你认为你能掌控自己的生活,
and…
而且…
just like that, you realize that you’re not?
就这样,你意识到,你还是不行吗?
When Roy’s boss called to tell me about the heart attack,
当罗伊的老板打电♥话♥告诉我,他心脏病发作了,
and that there was nothing anyone could do…
而且没有人能做什么…
…I remember staring at the wallpaper thinking…
…我记得我盯着墙纸想着…
it just looked like it was melting.
它看起来就像在融化。
Like the entire house was just…
整座房♥子就像是…
falling to pieces.
倒成废墟了。
There’s no worse feeling in the world.
世界上再没有比这,更糟的感觉了。
So whatever you’re going through, I’m…
所以不管你在经历什么,我…
sorry.
对不起。
I’m sorry. I’m…
我很抱歉。我…
I’m so sorry. What am I doing? I’m so sorry.
我很抱歉。我在做什么? 我很抱歉。
No, no, no, no. I’m sorry.
不不不。我很抱歉。
No, no, no. Why… Why are you sorry?
不不不。为什么…为什么你要道歉?
I’m the one… I’m the one who did it.
是我的不对…我是犯错的人。
I… I don’t know. It’s because I… It’s what I do.
我…我不知道。那是因为我…这就是我引起的。
I apologize. I’ve always done it.
我道歉。我总是这样冲动。
I… I will always do it.
我…我总是这样。
Forgive me.
原谅我。
Please.
请原谅我。
Charlotte needs you.
夏洛特需要你。
I need you.
我需要你。
Will… I… I need to tell you something.
威尔…我…我要告诉你一些事情。
No. You don’t.
不。你不要。
Nixon won.
尼克松赢得大选。
He did?
他真的吗?
Mm-hmm. They called it about an hour ago.
嗯哼。他们一小时前打来电♥话♥。
I voted for him.
我投他票了。
Roy would have voted for him, so…
罗伊活着,也会投他票的,所以…
I meant to vote for Humphrey. But I forgot.
我本来想投汉弗莱的,但是我忘了去投票。
You’re a Democrat?
你是民♥主♥党吗?
Don’t tell Will.
别告诉威尔。
I’ll break it to him gently one day.
总有一天,我会委婉地告诉他的。
I… I really wish that I had been, um,
我…我真的希望我能,嗯,
helping you through this, you know, this whole time?
帮你度过这一切,这段时间一直以来?
I don’t know,
我不知道,
with the pliers and wrenches,
用钳子和扳手,
instead of being wrapped up in my own…
忙着我自己的事情…
It’s okay.
不用说了。
It’s okay.
没事了。
Thank you for saying that.
谢谢你这么说。
But there’s no need. I…
但是没有必要。我…
Did you say pliers?
你刚才是说钳子吗?
Seriously?
真的?
What are you doing? Huh?
你在做什么?嗯?
What I’m supposed to be doing.
做我该做的事。
You know what happens to pregnant women over time, right?
你知道随着时间的推移,孕妇会发生什么,对吧?
They get more pregnant.
她们怀孕期延长。
Charlotte, go to Erin’s, please.
夏洛特,麻烦你去艾琳家。
Why? I already know everything.
为什么?我已经知道一切了。
The kid’s right, you know?
那孩子说得对,你知道吗?
We have something that works. We are of use.
我们有一些有用的东西。我们是有用的。
Yeah, it’s not perfect,but it works.
虽然不完美,但很管用。
And since you just stopped answering your phone,
自从你不接电♥话♥了,
I have a hundred women lined up,
就有上百个女人排着队
waiting for the doctor,and you’re it.
等着看医生,而你就是那个医生。
You’re all I have.
你是我的一切。
You are all we have.
你是我们的一切。
Come on. You can’t just garden
来吧。你不能一边种菜
and go to your PTA meetings.
一边参加家长学校联合会。
That’s not the Joy I know.
那不是我认识的乔依。
Oh, here,
哦,这个,
so you know exactly who you are walking out on.
这样你就知道你在抛弃谁了。
I’m sorry about the ’60s, kid.
我对六十年代感到很遗憾,孩子。
Hello, is this Jane?
你好,请问是珍妮热♥线♥吗?
I need help. Please. I don’t know what to do.
我需要帮助。请帮助我。我不知道该怎么办。
I have 43 dollars. This is my fourth message…
我只有43美元。这是我的第四个留言了…
I’m losing my grip. I thought you were supposed to help.
我要失控了。我以为你们会来帮忙的。
Hello? Um, my friends gave me this number.
你好? 我朋友给了我这个号♥码。
I’m… I’m 15. I’m from Riverside.
我…我15岁。我来自河滨市。
I… I took two buses to get to Chicago.
我…我坐了两趟公共汽车,才到了芝加哥。
I’m staying at the Travel Lodge on Roosevelt.
我住在罗斯福大街的旅游旅馆。
Um, room 116.
嗯,房♥间是116号♥。
I… I can’t tell my parents.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!