我不…我不记得了。嗯…
Oh, I think she was… Miss Milligan.
哦,我想她是…米立根小姐。
What did she look like?
她长什么样?
Uh, she had gray, curly hair,
她有一头灰色的卷发,
like little tight curls that looked like a helmet.
有点像头盔一样的小卷毛。
And all of her sweaters were green.
她所有的毛衣都是绿色的。
No kidding.
别开玩笑。
How are you doing? Are you okay?
你现在怎么样?你没事吗?
– Yeah. – Just relax.
-是的。 -放松一下。
Breathe.
呼吸。
I’m gonna use the curette now.You’ll feel some pressure.
我现在要用刮匙了。你会感到一些压力的。
Uh, how do you know where everything is?
呃,你怎么知道胎儿的位置?
I can’t see it, so I visualize what I know is there,
我看不到它,所以我把我知道的东西想象出来,
and then I feel for it.
然后我去感觉它。
Here we go.
我们开始了。
Deep breaths.
深呼吸。
He notices me.
他注意到我了。
He makes me feel so… fine.
他让我觉得…很好。
He says if I love him, I’ll sleep with him.
他说如果我爱他,我就和他上♥床♥。
And if I don’t,
如果我不干,
it’s the worst bummer.
那就会令人失望了。
And I want him to love me,
我想让他爱我,
but he just gets what he wants and he walks away.
但他得到了他想要的后,然后离开了。
I’m so stupid.
我多傻啊。
You are not stupid, sweetheart.
你不傻,亲爱的。
But he sounds like a jackass.
但他听起来像个混♥蛋♥。
I’ll go.
我去开门。
It’s okay. It’s okay. You’re doing great.
很好。没事了。你做的很棒。
I was… There’s a… I’m just setting up the life model.
我刚刚…有一个…我只是在安排一个人体模特。
I told her.
我告诉她了。
You got there all… All by yourself?
你去那里…就你一人?
I know how to use public transportation.
我知道如何使用公共交通工具。
It’s not hard.
这并不难。
And you wrote down the address in your planner.
你把地址写在你的记事本上了。
I thought that you might be having an affair.
我以为你可能有外遇了。
What? Oh, God. No.
什么?哦,上帝。不。
No. Never, Char. Never.
不。不可能的,夏尔。没有的事儿。
I wish you were.
我希望你有。
I will answer any questions.
我会回答你任何问题。
I don’t have any questions. I don’t want to know.
我没有任何问题。我不想知道。
It’s just… I don’t want to know about babies dying,
只是…我不想知道关于婴儿死亡的事,
or people getting shot,or periods, or Vietnam.
或者给人打♥针♥,或者时间安排,或者越南战争。
It’s an answering machine,
这是电♥话♥答录机,
so we don’t miss a single message.
所以我们不会错过任何一条留言。
This thing is cutting edge.
这玩意儿是最先进的。
I told Dean we don’t need him anymore.
我告诉迪恩,我们不再需要他了。
You what?
你干了什么?
Yeah. You know,
你要知道,
I have devoted a lot of my life to causes.
我把一生的大部分,都献给了这个事业。
You name the cause, I was there.
你只要说出缘由,我就会出手相助。
Marches,
游♥行♥,
protests, sit-ins, and mostly,
示♥威♥,静♥坐♥,几乎全部地,
it was a bunch of guys screaming Marxist theory at each other
当是一群男人在市政厅的台阶上,冲着对方大喊
on the steps of City Hall drowning all the women out.
马♥克♥思♥主义理论,他们把所有的女人都淹没了。
We did not have a voice.
我们没有发言权。
Turns out, the rats are bigger pigs than the pigs.
事实证明,老鼠有时比猪更大。
Do you think you can handle 20 procedures this week?
你觉得你这周能进行20个手术吗?
– Yes. – Yes?
-行。 -行吗?
Yes!
好的!
Okay.
那好吧。
– [phone ringing] – [both scream, chuckles]
-[电♥话♥铃♥声♥响起] -[两人惊叫了起来,又咯咯笑了]
Early In The Morning” playing]
[《大清早》歌♥声奏起]
Evening is a time of day
夜晚是一天中
find nothing much to say
没什么可说的时候
Don’t know what to do
不知道要做什么
But I come to
但是我来了
When it’s sunny In the morning
当大清早太阳升起
Over by the window Day is dawning
透过窗户,黎明破晓
When I feel the air
当我感觉到了空气
I feel that life is Very good to me
我感觉到了生命,对我来说,是如此之好
You know?
你知道吗?
In the sun There’s so much yellow
在阳光里,在清晨的牧场里
Something In the early morning meadow
有些东西,是那么地发出黄色
Tells me that today You’re on your way
告诉我今天你已经上路了
And you’ll be coming home Home to me
你将回到家里,和我团聚
Nighttime isn’t clear to me
夜晚对我来说,已经不太清晰
I find nothing near to me
我发现身边,什么都没有
Don’t know what to do
不知道该做什么
But I come to
但我来到了
When it’s sunny In the morning
当大清早太阳出来时
Over by the window Day is dawning
透过窗户,黎明已经破晓
When I feel the air
当我感觉到空气
I feel that life is Very good to me
我感到生命,对我来说,是如此美好
You know?
你知道吗?
In the sun There’s so much yellow
在阳光下,在大清早的牧场里
Something in the early mo…
有些东西显得如此发黄…
So, tell me how you ladies came to be…
那么,告诉我,你们这些女士是怎么成为…
Jane.
珍妮的。
Joy.
乔伊。
My wife’s name is Joy, Detective.
我的妻子的名字叫乔伊,警官。
Yeah, you told me that.
是啊,你告诉过我。
But a person contains…
但一个人包括…
multitudes.
众多身份。
Isn’t that right, Joy?
难道不对吗?乔伊。
Maybe.
也许吧。
Like you.
就像你。
– Hmm? – How?
-对吗? -怎样呢?
– Vice. – Hmm.
-我是副警长。 -嗯。
Radicals.
也是激进分子。
– Addicts. – Hmm.
-也是瘾君子。 -嗯。
You see, I enjoy the variety.
你看得出。我喜欢这种身份的变化。
And these threads? Just a means to gettin’ the job done.
而这些串在一起的线索?就是为了完成任务。
A mask, right?
一个面具,知道吗?
You wear a mask,
你也戴着个面具,
don’t you, Joy?
对吧?乔伊。
And we have a mutual friend. Helen Burr.
我们有一个共同的朋友。海伦.伯尔。
No, I… I…
不,我…我…
I don’t know anyone named Helen Burr.
我不认识叫海伦·伯尔的人。
Well, my old pal Carl,
那我的老搭档卡尔,
he’s married to Helen. He gives me a call.
他娶了海伦。他给我打了电♥话♥。
He says that
他说出了
she contacted you ladies for a you-know-what.
她联♥系♥你们这些女人,做一些只有你们知道的勾当。
And it didn’t work out.
但这还不成。
Couldn’t afford you.
付不起你们的费用。
Now, Helen, she’s a… good lady.
现在,海伦,她是一个…正经的好女人。
She didn’t give up any names,
她没有供出任何姓名,
so nothin’ except that it wasn’t… your fault.
什么都没说,除了这件事不是…你们的过错。
You see, she…
你要知道,她…
stuck somethin’ up her privates,
把什么东西捅进了她的私密处,
somethin’ that didn’t belong there.
那是不属于那里的东西。
So she ended up in the hospital.
所以她最后进了医院。
Almost died.
差点死了。
I don’t know anything about that.
我对此一无所知。
Sure. I didn’t think you did.
当然,我认为这不是你做的。
But there’s this doctor over at the hospital, Falk?
但是医院里有个医生,福克?
Yeah, he’s my wife’s obstetrician.
是的,他是我妻子的产科医生。
He also happens to be my brother-in-law.
他恰巧也是我的姐夫。
So, if I hypothetically ask him to say
所以,如果我假设让他说
that one of his patients is up to somethin’ shady,
他的一个病人在做一些“见不得人的事情”,
somethin’ that almost got
一些几乎导致
another one of his patients killed…