Pa-Pa-Pardon me? – We’ve been having an affair.
你是说谢尔顿·弗伦德? – 是啊,我跟他在一块挺长时间了
Did you say Sheldon Flender? – Yes, he’s been in love with me for a long time.
你听过他的那个理论吗,就是说,艺术就像一场…
Do you know his theory that art is relational, that it requires two…
艺术家与观众互动的关系?
the artist and the audience?
他觉得性也是一样的 – 性?
He feels that way about sex too. – About…About sex?
是的,在两个般配的人之间,性可以成为一种艺术形式
Yes, between the two right people, it can become an art form.
你是说你和弗伦德,把交♥媾♥升华到艺术层面了?
Are you saying that you and Flender have raised intercourse to the level of an art form?
不单单是交♥媾♥,前戏也是
Not just intercourse. Foreplay too.
我那个朋友,没出过戏的剧作家? – 他追我挺长时间了
My friend, the unproduced playwright? – He’s been after me a long time.
你似乎又不愿和我结婚,所以有天晚上我们就一块出去,喝了两杯…
You never seem to want to get married, and so, one night we went out, had a few drinks…
然后开始讨论艺术啊文学啊,弗洛伊德啊尼采啊
and started discussing art and literature and Freud and Nietzsche.
为了跟我解释希腊词源学的一个论点…
And in order to illustrate a point on Greek etymology…
他脱掉了他的…
I noticed he’d unbuttoned his fly…
不要不要!求你了!我不需要再听下去了
No, no, no, no! Please, please! I don’t need to hear any more.
但他是个重要的天才,你自己都这么说了几百遍了
But he’s a major talent. You’ve said so yourself a million times.
有这么渊博的智慧,你可以创造出属于自己的伦理观
With an intellect that big, you tend to create your own moral universe.
我只是来祝你好运 – 哦,达令
I just wanted to wish you good luck. – Oh, darling.
你脸色苍白,不要,不要担心
You look pale. No, no, not to worry.
这座城市马上就是你的了,周日晚上我们要和尤金·奥尼尔共进晚餐
Soon this town will belong to you. We’re having dinner Sunday night with Gene O’Neill.
他听说你的文风病态而颓废,他都等不及要见你了
He’s heard that your writing is morbid and depressing. He’s dying to meet you.
呃,刷子在那 – 我知道今天晚上你行的
Oh, here’s that brush. – I know you’ll be terrific tonight.
哦!那是你的台词
Oh! They’re your words.
我只是一个容器
I’m just a vessel.
是你填满了我
You fill me.
这才只是个开始
And this? This is just the beginning.
我和我的经纪人探讨了各种剧情
I’ve been discussing all kinds of new ideas for vehicles for me with my agent.
我能演很多种女人,你愈了解我
There’s a variety of women I can play. As you get to know me…
就愈能看到我的戏路是不受限的
you’ll see there’s no limit to my range.
他们说我还能演二十多岁的女人
They say that I can still play late twenties…
但我说不行了,不行了,顶多三十出头
but I say no, no, thirty tops.
我们去我在葡萄园的房♥子那里,那儿很静
We’ll go to my house in the Vineyard. It’s quiet there.
你写作,我给你拿咖啡
You can write. I’ll bring you coffee.
好了,你该走了,还一刻钟就开幕了
Listen, you better go. I-l-lt’s 15 minutes to curtain.
我还没做我的肺活量练习呢
I still haven’t done my breathing exercises yet.
你…命运啊,是命运把我们拴在了一起
Y-Y-You…Fate. Fate has thrown us together.

Merde.
带走他吧,带走他吧!
Take him. Take him!
让他留我孤苦一人,不名一文,去吧,带走他
Let him leave me bereft, without a penny. Go ahead. Take him.
但别以为这会天长地久,你早晚也会跟我一样
But don’t think it’ll last forever. The same thing’ll happen to you.
西尔维娅,我不明白你为什么这么沮丧
Sylvia, I don’t know why you’re so unhappy.
为什么你是这样悲观的人… – 哦,天哪!
Why you’re such a deeply unhappy person… – Oh, God!
但我想让你知道… – 因为你带走了我的丈夫啊
but I want you to know that… – Because you’re taking my husband…
我的生命,我存在的根基啊,你这个傻瓜!
my life, the very core of my being, you stupid idiot!
我不想要伤害你,我…
I didn’t ever mean to hurt you. I…
哦,埃德加
Oh, Edgar.
我刚和菲利普斯医生谈过话 – 然后呢
I’ve just been speaking with Dr. Philips. – Yes.
她明确指示,今天我们任何人都不能离开这间屋子
Her explicit instructions are that we, none of us, leave the premises as of today.
它状态怎么样?
How’s she workin’?
不错,老大
Good. Good, boss.
今天早上出去
Out this morning.
奇契 – 怎么了,华先生?
Cheech. – What’s up, Mr. V.?
呃,没事,我只想聊聊
Uh, nothin’. I just wanted to talk.
嗯? – 我这几天很悲伤
Yeah? – I’m a little sad these days.
当然了,嗯 – 你知道为何
Sure. Yeah. – You know how it is.
现在已经开幕了,哎,倒霉的女孩
Curtain’s gone up already. Poor kid.
本来能做个明星呢,不是吗?
Would’ve been a star, don’t you think?
嗯,没事儿,我们能摆平那些库斯塔贝克的手下
Yeah. It’s all right. We’ll take care of those Kustabeck guys.
我都怀疑是不是他们干的 – 那还能有谁?
I wonder if it really was the Kustabecks. – Well, who else?
我不知道,但我得到些消息…
I don’t know. But we got some tips…
说老库和这事没关系 – 真的吗
that Charlie K. had nothin’ to do with this. – Really.
是啊,根本不合情理
Yeah. Don’t make no sense anyhow.
我是说,事态已经平静下来了
I mean, the way things were coolin’ off and all.
我看看我能查出什么吗,好吗?
I’ll see what I can find out on the street, ya know?
你这是急着去哪? – 嘿你知道,我跟那些排戏的家伙约好了…
Where you rushin’ off to? – Hey, you know, I told the guys in the show…
要去路过那儿跟他们道声好运
that l, uh, I’d stop by and wish ’em good luck.
我跟他们几个是朋友 – 是吗?
I got friendly with some of the stage hands. – Did you?
是啊 – 这不太像你
Yeah. – That’s unlike you.
为什么? – 除非他们也打台球
Why’s that? – Unless they shoot crap.
没,你知道,天天见同类人太闷了
No, you know, you see the same faces every day. You know.
马丁·班尼斯特跟我说那晚,他看见你把奥利芙接走,奇契
Marty Bannister said he saw you pick up Olive the night she got it, Cheech.
我? – 你不是说你没见到她吗?
Me? – Didn’t you tell me you didn’t see her?
我?不对啊,我说我见到她了
Me? Yeah, I said I did.
我接走她,驶过几条街后就让她下车了,怎么?
I picked her up, and I dropped her off a few blocks from the theater. Why?
你跟奥利芙没冲突吧? – 奥利芙?哪有
You had nothin’ against Olive, did ya? – Olive? Naw.
我喜欢奥利芙,怎么? – 我是问,你们处的还好?
I like Olive. Why? – I mean, you got along well?
奥利芙和我处的还好,你知道,奥利芙
Olive and l, we got along good. You know, Olive.
奥利芙挺会搞笑的,不是吗?
Olive was good for a lot of laughs, right?
虽然有时候会小吵一下? – 嗯
Except for a few tiffs here and there? – Right.
奥利芙她…你知道,我们合得来
Olive’s…You know. We got along.
你怎么不把她带到酒吧,奇契?
How come you didn’t bring her to me at the club, Cheech?
她跟我说你改主意了,让我在剧院送她下车
She said you changed your mind, that I should drop her off at the theater.
晚上在剧院? – 对啊,对啊
The theater. At night? – Yeah. Yeah.
那天晚上没有预演,奇契,没有排练
There was no preview that night, Cheech. No rehearsal.
是吗?
Really?
你怎么把她自己留在那了?
How come you left her alone, Cheech?
然后你也不到酒吧来跟我说声?
And you didn’t come to the club and tell me?
我跟你说实话吧,好吗?我有球局,我不想错过
I’m gonna level with you, all right? I had a crap game. I didn’t want to miss it.
嗯 – 是的
Mmm. – Yeah.
你怎么不跟我说? – 你要盘根问底?我欠他们点债
Why you don’t tell me? – You wanna lay off? I’m up to here in debts.
我得赢回来 – 是吗?
I’m tryin’ to get even. – Yeah?
是啊,我赌运不佳,你知道是怎么回事
Yeah. Dice ain’t been too lucky for me. You know. You know how it is.
你一直让我戒赌,你知道我是该戒了
You keep tellin’ me I gotta quit. Ya know, I should.
奇契… – 听着,听着
Cheech… – Listen, listen.
我跟他们说好要去祝好运,他们很迷信的
I told the guys I’d wish them good luck in the show. They’re very superstitious.
我会查出是谁干的,好吗?我会的
I’m gonna find out who hit her, all right? I’ll find out.
好了,待会见
All right. I’ll see ya later.
是他干的,尼克,我不知道他为什么恨她
He did it, Nick. I don’t know what his grudge was.
可能他们背着你有一腿
Maybe they were two-timin’ ya.
你说什么呢? – 别激动,尼克
What are you sayin’ to me? – Take it easy, Nick.
我只是猜的,但马丁·班尼斯特看见他们在一起了
It’s only a guess. But Marty Bannister saw them together…
而且那码头,是奇契的固定“清理”地点
and that pier is Cheech’s favorite spot.
你看不出他在说谎吗,尼克?你没看见他的表情吗?
Can’t you see he was lyin’, Nickie? Did you see the look on his face?
他被吓坏了 – 你看,尼克,我知道你不愿这么想
He was scared. – Look, Nick, I know you don’t like to think it…
但有流言说她喜欢上他了 – 别说了!
but the gossip is, she was runnin’ around on ya. – Don’t say that!
我只是想帮忙 – 尼克
I’m only tryin’ to help, Mr. V. – Nickie.
他只是想帮忙
He’s only tryin’ to help.
奇契和奥利芙
Cheech and Olive.
把他解决掉
Fix him.
哦,演得太棒了
Oh, it’s goin’ great.
座无虚席,之前我能嗅到钱的味道,现在我已经尝到它了
Yeah, they’re eating it up. Before, I could smell money. Now I can taste it.
嗯,对 – 怎么了?
Mmm, yeah. – Hey, what’s the matter?
你看上去忧心忡忡的,不应该啊
You look as though you’re watchin’ a turkey. It’s just the opposite.
艾伦在哪? – 哦,她太紧张了,不敢来
Where’s Ellen? – Oh, she was too nervous to come.
这是菲利普斯医生,我的一位亲戚
This is Dr. Emilene Philips, a family friend.
嘿,戏演的怎么样? – 奇契,你好啊
Hey. How’s it goin’? – Cheech, how are ya?
相当不错,你过去让他高兴起来,我不知道他怎么了
Goin’ great. Wonderful. You need to cheer him up. I don’t know.
怎么了? – 你想怎样?
What’s the matter? – What do you want?
演的不错,哈? – 奇契,你杀了奥利芙
It’s goin’ great, huh? – You killed Olive, Cheech.
就为这我永远都不原谅你
For that I can never forgive you.
我不管你怎样天才
I don’t care what kind of genius you are.
听听观众的反应吧,嗯?演员完全把他们迷住了
Listen to that audience. Huh? They got ’em right in the palm of their hand.
嘿,奇契,你完了,你完了
Hey, Cheech. It’s over for you. You’re finished.
我度过了一段极其美妙的时光
I had such a wonderful time.
我受不了这种生活,同样的例行公事重复不休
I can’t live like this, the same routine over and over.
你以为我会重蹈你的覆辙?
You think the same thing’s not gonna happen to you as happened to me?
你以为以后你不会衣衫褴褛
You think you’re not gonna be here sitting with a hole in your sweater…
借酒消愁吗?
and a drink in your hand someday?
等着瞧吧! – 奇契!你该到观众席那儿
Just wait! – Cheech! You should be out front.
你就要错过我最出彩的这场戏了,你看了第一幕没?
You’re about to miss my great scene. Did you see the first part?
我演的怎么样?你觉得观众喜欢吗? – 很棒,很棒
How did it go? Do you think they like it? – Great, great.
奇契在哪? – 滚一边去,别挡路

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!