这太…这太无聊了 – 你确定?
That is ri…That is ridiculous. – Are you sure?
你知道你说的话多疯狂吗?
You know how crazy you sound right now?
你从来没要我待在波士顿 – 我沉浸在工作里
You never encouraged me to stay in Boston. – I was submerged in my work.
这戏有问题,我在工作
The play’s in trouble. I’m working.
嘿,是我,是戴维
Hey, it’s me. It’s David.
看到了?是戴维?好吗?
You know? David? Okay?
这人可真有想象力
What an imagination on this girl.
听我说,弗伦德,我完全乱了
Listen, Flender, I’m completely mixed up.
艾伦,艾伦,我爱她,她一直对我不离不弃
Ellen, Ellen. I love Ellen. She’s been with me the whole time.
她跟着我,我知道要是她在匹兹堡会过得更好
Stuck by me. I knew she’d be happier back in Pittsburgh.
我们关系一直很好 – 嗯
We’ve had a great relationship. – Right.
我很爱她,但是 – 是啊,好了,进入正题吧
I love her dearly. And yet… – Yeah. Yes. Get to the point.
到底是怎么回事?你爱艾伦,这一直清楚明白
What is the problem here? It’s always been clear that you’ve loved Ellen.
我和海伦·辛克莱勾搭上了,我很后悔
I’ve become involved with Helen Sinclair, and I feel terrible.
但我又难以自持,她太有魅力了,又聪明又漂亮
But I can’t help myself. She’s so charismatic, and she’s brilliant and beautiful.
我是说她是真正的艺术家,而且…而且我们有共同语言
I mean, a real artist, and… and we speak the same language.
你内疚缠身了 – 我被内疚缠身了
You’re wracked with guilt. – I’m wracked with guilt.
你太内疚了,太内疚了 – 我不知道是否…
You’re wracked with guilt. You are wracked with guilt. – I don’t know whether…
我睡不好觉 – 内疚是小资的陈词滥调
I can’t sleep. – Guilt is petit bourgeois crap.
艺术家能创造出自己的伦理观 – 我知道,我知道…
An artist creates his own moral universe. – I know that. I know…
那还有什么问题呢?我要给你点忠告
Well? What is the problem then? I’m gonna give you some advice.
是我很久以前陷入同样危机时,别人给我的忠告
The same advice that was given to me many years ago when I had a very similar dilemma.
同样的危机 – 对,对
Similar to mine. To… – Yes. Yes.
是什么?嗯?
What did you do? What?
该怎么办就怎么办
You gotta do what you gotta do.
♪ Hot ginger and dynamite ♪
♪ There’s nothing but that at night ♪
♪ Back in Nagasaki where the fellas chew tobaccy ♪
♪ And the women wicky wacky woo ♪
♪ The way they can entertain ♪
她演的不错,对吧? – 哦,她是最好的
She’s great in the show, huh? – Oh, the best.
♪ Would hurry a hurricane ♪
♪ Back in Nagasaki ♪
她会一炮而红的
She’ll take Broadway by storm.
♪ And the women wicky wacky woo ♪
角色虽然不大,但是…
The part is modest. Still…
听好,到这演出的时候,跟她说你要给她加几句台词
Listen, when she gets here, tell her you’re gonna give her some new lines.
你知道,就跟我们说好的那样 – 嗯
You know, like we discussed. – Yeah.
让我跟你讲理,华先生,我能叫你尼克吗?
Let me level with you, Mr. V. Do you mind if I call you Nick?
你看,尼克,你不能乱改一部走红的戏
You see, Nick, you don’t fiddle with a winning show.
每个剧本到一定程度之后,在内行人…
Every script reaches a point where, in the professional judgment…
比如出品人和导演的眼里,它便成型了
of the producer, the director, you’re finished.
你不能改动剧情
You can’t distort the plot.
现在我们快要开演了,再做改变会有害演出
Now, we’re about ready to open. Changes could be harmful.
算了,这出戏已经定型了
No, the show is basically frozen.
我们别再瞎扯淡了 – 好吧
Let’s avoid confusion. – Sure.
要么你给她加新台词
She’ll get some new fuckin’ lines…
要么我现在把你的膝盖钉在地板上
or I’ll nail your kneecaps to the dance floor.
想想当导演跟我说,我在第一场戏里演过火了
Imagine that director telling me I’m overacting in the first scene…
说我不知道自己在干嘛
and I don’t know what I’m saying.
你看,我知道自己在干什么,奇契,我在故意大笑,就像这样…
You know what I’m doing, Cheech, is, I’m working on a superior laugh. Like:
哈哈哈,嘿嘿嘿
Ha-ha-ha. Hee-hee-hee.
我要在西尔维娅威胁要离开的时候,这样轻蔑地大笑,然后我突然哭了起来
I wanna throw that in when Sylvia threatens to leave, and then I burst into tears.
呃,他当然不同意了,但他排的又是什么垃圾呢?
Well, you know, he says no, but what the hell kind of dull show is he putting on anyway?
我不知道 – 我们去哪?我以为我们要去见尼克
I don’t know. – Where we goin’? I thought we were gonna go meet Nick.
我们得过去接他
We have to go pick up Nick.
我们过去接他?你没跟我说要接他
We’re gonna pick up Nick? You never said nothin’ about picking him up.
我们这就见他 – 我以为我们要在酒吧和他见面呢
We just gotta meet him… – I thought we were gonna meet him at the club.
我♥干♥嘛要穿那些破破烂烂的,丑戏服?我不明白…
How come I have to wear those dowdy, brown, ugly dresses? I don’t understand…
我们到这儿干嘛?不是要见尼克吗
What are we doin’ here? I thought we were goin’ to see Nick.
对,我们要见他,尼克要给你个惊喜
Yeah, we are. Nick’s got a surprise for ya.
尼克要给我惊喜? – 对,来吧
Nick’s got a surprise for me? – Yeah, come on.
跟我来,你肯定会喜欢的,这可花了尼克不少钱…
Come with me. You’re gonna really like it. This cost Nick a lot of dough to…
来为你准备,来吧 – 我不…我不喜欢这样
To do this for you. Come on. – I don’t…I don’t like this.
我不喜欢这样,奇契,我不懂尼克干嘛在货仓里给我惊喜
I don’t like this, Cheech. I can’t understand why Nick has a surprise for me in a warehouse.
他不懂得尊重女人
He’s not treatin’ me like a lady.
他要带你在月光下航行 – 月光下航行?我听不懂
He’s got a moonlight cruise. – A moonlight cruise? I don’t understand.
走过去就好了,快去,他就在那 – 我不…
Just walk right over there. Go ahead. He’s over there. – I don’t…
走过去就是,奥利芙! – 尼克?
Just walk over there. Olive! – Nickie?
怎么? – 我觉得你有权知道这个,你演技太差了
What? – I think you should know this. You’re a horrible actress.
♪ Everyone’s in love ♪
♪ Up a lazy river ♪
谢天谢地,我不用再听到那声音了
Thank God I don’t have to hear that voice anymore.
♪ Up a lazy river ♪
十月二十五日,我们明天就要开演
October 25. We open tomorrow.
奥利芙在最后这天没出现
Olive did not show up for the run-through today.
我们试着联♥系♥她,但没有回音
We tried calling her, but there was no answer.
很可能她的候补演员,明天要替她出演了
It’s possible her understudy might have to do tomorrow’s show.
听听吧,整个戏都活了 – 嗯
Listen to this. The whole thing’s comin’ to life. – Yeah.
可能她怯场了,可能她不出现了 – 她才不怯场
Maybe Olive’s got stage fright. Maybe she won’t show. – Not Olive.
那妞身上一根神经都没有
That dame doesn’t have a nerve in her body.
我觉得她连脊柱和大脑都没连上
I don’t think her spinal cord touches her brain.
天啊,听听这个 – 嗯
Oh, God. Listen to this. – Yeah.
太棒了,奇契在哪?他该知道她在哪
It’s wonderful. Where’s Cheech? He’d know where she is.
他没来 – 天,我爱死这替补了
He didn’t come around. – Look, I’m in love with the understudy.
这么自然,这么…
It’s so natural. It’s…
朱利安? – 嗯?
Julian? – Yeah?
奥利芙的事你听说了? – 又怎么了?
Did you hear about Olive? – Oh, what now?
她被杀了
She got bumped off.
什么? – 在码头那被杀
What? – Out at the docks.
黑帮干的
A gangland hit.
我要跟你谈谈
I wanna talk to you.
我? – 对,你
Me? – Yeah, you.
嘿,乔,出去会儿
Hey, Joe. Get lost for a while.
你怎么可以?你怎么可以!
How could you? How could you!
不能让人毁掉我的剧本 – 哦…你的剧本?
Nobody’s gonna ruin my play. – Oh…Your play?
这是第二次了 – 好吧,我们的剧本
That’s the second time you called it your play. – All right, our play.
你不觉得她说台词说的让人想死吗? – 可我们能忍♥下来的!
Didn’t it cut you up inside to hear her say it? Huh? – We would’ve survived it!
忍♥下来?这就是你的要求?当我们有这么一件艺术品在手时?
Survived it? ls that what you want? When we had a great thing, a thing of beauty?
但奇契,你竟……杀了她!
But, Cheech! To… kill her!
她是个婊♥子♥ – 这是个自♥由♥国度
She was a tramp. – It’s a free country.
那就别烦我 – 不,我不能不烦你
Then leave me alone. – No, I will not leave you alone.
就没有人跟你说过你杀人是错的,是不道德的,是罪…
Didn’t anybody ever teach you that it’s morally wrong, that it’s a sin to…
我在跟谁说话啊?天哪!
Who am I talking to? Jesus Christ!
候补演员演得更好 – 这不是重点
The part works better with the understudy. – That’s not the point.
我看看能不能换种方式,跟你解释清楚
Let me see if I can explain this to you in a way you’ll understand.
就算她毁了剧本吧…顺便说,她并没有,她只是削弱了它
Let’s say she was ruining the play…which she was not. She was diminishing it.
她就是毁了它 – 就算她毁了剧本
She was ruining it. – Let’s say she was ruining the play.
就意味着她该死吗? – 没法解雇她
Does that mean that she deserves to die? – There was no way to fire her.
你是怎样一个没人性的怪兽啊! – 我觉得你该走了
What kind of inhuman monster are you? – I think you’d better leave.
我不觉得我该走,我觉得我该留下
I don’t think I will. I think I’d better stay.
你该谢我才对,我们都希望这样 – 不,我没有
You should be thanking me. We’re both in this together. – No, we’re not.
我不想让她死,懂吗?你明白我说的吗?我不希望这样
I didn’t want her dead. See? You understand what I’m saying? I’m not in anything.
是你选中她演这戏? – 当然是我!对!
You choose her over the show? – Of course I do! Yes!
你觉得一个妞随便插♥进♥来,破坏这么美的一出戏是应该的?
You think it’s right some tootsie walks in and messes up a beautiful thing like this?
我跟你一样想要这戏完美 – 算了,根本不一样
I wanted a great play as much as you did. – No, not as much.
但你不用为它去杀人! – 是吗?谁说不能?
But you don’t kill for it! – Yeah? Who says?
我父亲以前经常听歌♥剧,他爱歌♥剧,但如果谁唱的太烂…
My father used to listen to the opera. He loved the opera. But if a guy stunk…
怎么,他就杀了他? – 有那么一次,在帕勒莫
What, he killed him? – One time, in Palermo.
我也是个艺术家,不像你那么出色,但你知道吗,首先我是个人
I’m an artist too, not great like you, but you know what? First I’m a human being.
我是个坦白的,有道德的人 – 那你跟海伦·辛克莱在搞什么?
I’m a decent, moral human being. – What are you doin’ with Helen Sinclair then?
这和那事有什么关系?你怎么知道的? – 整座城都知道了
What has that got to do with it? How did you know? – Everybody in town knows.
可能你女朋友除外,你以为你能骗过谁啊?
Except maybe your girlfriend. Who you think you’re foolin’?
我可能不够完美,可你是个杀手!你是个堕落的野兽!
I might not be perfect, but you’re a killer! You’re a degenerate animal!
你是杀人犯!你该…你该坐电椅!
You’re a murderer! You b… You belong in the electric chair!
听好了,你给我听好
Listen to me, you. You listen to me.
谁也别想毁掉我的作品,听见没?
Nobody, nobody is gonna ruin my work, you hear me?
谁也别想
Nobody, huh?
我和海伦·辛克莱相爱了…
I’ve fallen in love with Helen Sinclair…
而我那天对你说了谎,你大概也知道
and I lied to you about it the other day, which I’m sure that you probably knew.
我想让你知道并不是我想要这样子的,它是自然而然发生的
I want to let you know I didn’t mean for this to happen. It just happened.
我一点不吃惊,她很出色
I’m not surprised. She is extraordinary.
你也一样,都是我的错 – 我也有事跟你坦白
So are you. It’s me that’s all screwed up. – I have a confession to make.
你知道都是我错,但你太好了,让我没法向你说实话…
You knew the whole time, but you were too damn decent to confront me while I was…
不不,我在和谢尔顿·弗伦德约会
No, I’ve been seeing Sheldon Flender.
你…说什么? – 我们一直在私通

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!