Oh!
让这狗出去
Get the pooch outta here.
伍夫斯先生,它肯定闻到什么了
Mr. Woofles. Oh, he smells something.
里面有人? – 对啊,里面有人
You got somebody in there? – Yeah, right, I got somebody in there.
给你,小狗,出去遛遛吧 – 过来小可爱,保护着妈咪点
Here, pooch, take a hike. – Come on, darling. Protecting Mommy.
拜拜,拜拜 – 它在对谁叫?
Bye-bye, bye-bye. – What’s he barkin’ at?
我想你说的是 – 好了,聚会结束了
I think you were talkin’ about the broad. – All right, party’s over.
好了,伙计们出去吧,我得换衣服
Come on, guys. Get outta here. I gotta change.
尼克,你也出去,就喝一杯,好吗?让我换衣服
Nickie, you too. One drink, all right? Let me change.
谁是那个叫哈姆雷特的家伙? – 行了,出去
So who’s this Hamlet guy? – Come on. Outta here.
出去了,出去了 – 他在这附近?
Go on, go on. – Does he live around here?
哈姆雷特,你真幽默,拜
Hamlet. That’s really funny, honey. Bye.
快点快点!他们走了
Go on! Get outta here. They’re gone.
快点快点,他们走了,快走,快点快点
Go on! Get outta here. They’re gone. Get outta here. Go on, go on.
不不不!这边不行,走窗户,窗户
No, no, no! Not that way. The window, the window.
快点,走窗户
Go on. The window.
我这就出来,尼克
I’ll be out in a minute, Nick.
哦我的天,华纳!你好华纳 – 你演的真不错
Oh, my goodness. Warner! Hello, Warner. – It was a lovely performance.
哦,真谢谢你,太恭维了 – 我们很喜欢这出戏
Oh, thank you very much. That’s sweet of you. – We enjoyed it so much.
哦,那你们喜欢这戏? – 我爱极了
Oh, yes, well, did you like the play? – I loved the play.
这角色很出彩 – 第二幕太棒了
It’s a smashing part. – The second act was wonderful.
漂亮的场景 – 和海伦合作很有意思
Beautiful scene. – It’s lovely working with Helen, of course.
她棒极了,她很可爱 – 她一向如此
She’s so good. She’s just lovely. – She just carries one through.
你能给我签个名吗?
Could you possibly give me an autograph?
当然可以了,我没带笔 – 哦你没带?
I-l’d love to. I don’t have a pen on me. – Oh, you don’t?
问题在她身上,就是这样,我不能装作看不见,问题就是奥利芙
It’s her. That’s what it is. I can’t keep turnin’ a blind eye. It’s Olive.
她比初来时好多了
She’s better than when we started.
当然了,她进步了,那并不代表她够好了 – 呃,我说,你知道…
Sure, she’s better. That don’t mean she’s good enough. – Well, I mean, you know…
就是这事一直困扰你 – 是
This is something that just bothers you. – Yeah.
评论界…对她的评价还可以 – 还可以?你要求就这么高?“还可以”不够好
The critics…Her notices were decent. – Decent ain’t good enough.
她在糟践我的台词 – 你的台词?好吧,她是短板,但这没什么
She’s killin’ my words. – Your words? Okay, she’s weaker, but it doesn’t matter.
短板?我觉得他比你想的更差劲 – 那我该怎么办,炒了她不成?
Weak? I think she’s doin’ more damage than you think. – What am I gonna do, fire her?
我不能让她糟蹋我的戏 – 你的戏?
I can’t have her ruinin’ my show. – Your show?
什么时候成了…你说什么呢? – 好吧,我们的戏
What are you talkin’ about? – All right, our show.
我为它投入了很多心血,它应该完美 – 是啊,我也这么想…
I put a lot into this. It could be perfect. – Yeah, so did l…
但有些事我们不得不妥协
but there’s concessions we have to make.
这出戏很轰动了 – 她不是那角色的最佳人选
The show’s a hit. – She’s not the best we could do for the part.
附近还有很多女孩 – 我们该怎么办,奇契?
There’s plenty other girls around. – What are we gonna do, Cheech?
她把整个戏都毁了,你看不到吗?
She throws the whole thing out of whack. Can’t you see it?
观众察觉不到的 – 哦,他们知道的
The audience doesn’t know the difference. – Oh, they know.
他们不知道 – 他们说不出来,但他们知道毛病在哪
They do not know. – They don’t know how to say it, but they know.
每当我听见她的声音时,就像有把刀子在他妈的捅我心脏!她不会演戏!
Every time I hear that voice, it’s like a knife in my fuckin’ heart. She can’t act!
你听见了吗? – 奇契,冲个澡放松下吧
You listening to me? – Cheech, take a shower.
她演的一点没作用,而且连没有她的部分都被她破坏了
She makes stuff not work. Stuff she ain’t even in comes out twisted.
我不能解雇她!你知道! – 别冲我大叫
I can’t fire her! You know this! – Don’t yell at me.
我没冲你大叫,可你太拿它当回事了
I am not yelling at you, but you are too close to this.
别烦我了,我他妈头痛
Leave me alone. I got a fuckin’ headache.
别烦我,我头痛 – 你太情绪化了
Leave me alone. I got a headache. – You’re being temperamental.
太情绪化了!
Very temperamental!
命运的规律真是难以捉摸
Fate acts in strange ways.
大家似乎都对接下来的纽约首演压力很大
Everyone seems to be feeling the pressure of our upcoming New York opening.
昨天华纳和伊甸发生了争吵,结果再次证明奇契说对了
Yesterday, Warner got into a fight with Eden, and the results proved Cheech right yet again.
找到你了,普赛尔先生,你一直在偷吃我们的狗食
There you are. Mr. Purcell, you have been stealing our dog yummies and eating them.
绝对没有,真是血口喷人
Absolutely not. That’s an outrageous suggestion.
那让我看你的口袋 – 我会吃狗食吗?
Then let me see in your pockets. – Would I eat dog food?
不吃你的东西你都会吃,你这肥猪
You’d eat anything that didn’t eat you first, you big fat pot of helium.
这才是我吃的东西…上等腰排 – 让我看看
This is the sort of food I eat: prime loin chop. – Let me see.
我不偷动物的东西,离我裤子远点,你这讨厌的女人!
I do not steal from animals. Get out of my trousers, you horrid woman.
看!哦,贼,贼,贼!
Look! Oh, thief, thief, thief!
昨天是你偷喝了它的牛奶
It was you that drank her saucer of milk yesterday.
哦!你这臭胖子!
Ow! Ow! You fat hunk of blubber!
她推我! – 啊,我的手!这是因为你偷它的狗食
She pushed me! – Ow, my hand! That’s ’cause you were stealin’ her dog food.
该有人用鱼叉插死你,你这大鲸鱼
Somebody ought to stick a harpoon in you, you big whale.
哦 – 我给你找医生,我给你找医生
Ow. – I can get you a doctor. I can get you a doctor.
我猜你下场要缺席了
I guess this means you’ll miss the matinee.
我无所谓,一天一场就够多了
It’s okay with me. One show a day is plenty.
我一开始竟不相信你,小可爱…
To think I didn’t believe you at first, you dear…
我觉得我可以在你们…在你们所有人面前说这句话
I think I can say this in the company of…in the company of all of you.
一个到了你这年龄的女人,早该跃过那种极端自恋的阶段了
That a woman of your age should have leapt past the realm of such acute narcissism.
一个专业演员说起这些台词来区别多大! – 好了
What a difference with a real actress saying those lines! – All right.
整出戏都活了! – 听我说
The whole play came to life! – Listen to me.
别飘飘然,不要乱来,奥利芙会演下去
Don’t get carried away. Don’t get any ideas. Olive is going on.
我们现在不需要华伦蒂也能得到投资,我们得到那么大关注
We can get all the backing we need without Nick Valenti. Our notices are wonderful.
人们买♥♥站票… – 跟钱没关系,我告诉你
People are standing… – It’s not the money. I told ya that.
我们炒掉奥利芙,你,我,甚至那条狗就会被抛在赫逊河的河底
We dump Olive, you, me, even the dog will wind up at the bottom of the Hudson.
都用不着那么久,他在波士顿就能灭了我们,那我们就躺在查尔士河的河床上了
It won’t take that long. He’ll kill us here in Boston. We’ll be at the bottom of the Charles.
他说对了,她破坏了整出戏,他注意到了
He was right. She wrecks the whole play. He noticed that.
你在说什么? – 没什么,只是说她影响了整个演出
What are you talking about? – Nothing. It’s just that she affects the whole play.
你太棒了 – 是啊,是啊,太棒了
You were wonderful. – Yes, yes. Wonderful.
黛莉娅是不是穿走我的浴袍了? – 嗯,她这就来了
Have you seen Deliah with my robe? – Yes, she’s coming.
听着
Listen.
有一件事你不能做,那就是欺骗华伦蒂 – 欺骗华伦蒂
One thing you don’t do is welsh on Nick Valenti. – On Nick Valenti.
以后的作品我们可以用其他人 – 嘘!
In future productions, we can hire somebody else. – Shh-shh!
我们可以用别人,但如果她能够在纽约首演,那就让她演
We can hire somebody else, but if she’s okay to open in New York, she opens.
我是说,这戏还得继续下去,我会尽一切… – 她拖累了整出戏
I mean, the play must go on. I’ll do anything… – She affected the whole thing.
你想象不到这种事情我经历过多少次
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen it.
一出戏在波士顿开演时…
A show comes into Boston…
还跌跌撞撞踉踉跄跄磕磕绊绊,就像未出生的胚胎一样寻找自己的生命
crippled, limping, struggling, gasping for air, trying to find its own life…
然后在巡演途中,奇迹出现了
and then, somewhere along the line, a miracle occurs.
一件艺术品诞生了
A work of art is born.
这戏在奥利芙缺席后真是好多了 – 嗯,奥利芙
It’s amazing how much better the show is working with Olive’s understudy. – Mmm, Olive.
整出戏都有了生命 – 确实
The thing’s breathing and living. – Yes, it’s true.
她很差,但这戏仍然很出彩
She’s drab, but it’s still going to be a fine, fat hit.
嗯 – 这杯敬你的前途
Mmm. – Here’s to your future…
百老汇街道
不夜大道的拯救者
as the new white knight of the Great White Way.
干杯
Cheers.
这是什么东西? – 油漆清洗剂,你可以加点苏打水怯下味
What is this stuff? – Paint remover. You can cut it with a little club soda.
哦,这下好多了 – 嗯
Oh, it’s very smooth. – Yes.
看到那些铁路边的小镇了吗?
See the little towns go by?
海伦,等我到了纽约,我要告诉艾伦
Helen, when I get back to New York, I’m gonna tell Ellen about us.
不要,戴维! – 不,我已经决定了
Oh, David! – No, I’ve decided.
哦,你确定? – 你知道我对你的感觉
Oh, are you sure? – You know how I feel about you.
哦,戴维你要温柔些,我…我被伤害过太多次了
Oh, David, you must be gentle. I-l-l’ve been hurt so many times before.
我懂,我懂
I know. I know.
你就在成功的边缘
You stand on the brink of greatness.
这世界会像个巨大的牡蛎那样欢迎你,不不,不是牡蛎
The world will open to you like an oyster. No. No, not like an oyster.
世界会像一个硕大的阴♥道♥那样,向你敞开
The world will open to you like a magnificent vagina.
你还好?你有点脸红
You okay? You look a little flushed.
我有点太… – 是因为我的话吗?
I’ve just had a little too much… – Is it something I said?
不是,是因为那清洗剂 – 哦
No, just the paint remover. – Oh.
你想过没有当你爱上某人时
Have you ever thought about whether, when you fall in love…
你爱的是他艺术家的那部分,还是爱他这个人?
do you fall in love with the artist or the man?
多奇怪的问题
What a strange question.
是,确实奇怪,但…
Yes, it is strange, but…
我爱上你了,海伦,而且我该真正行动起来了
I’m in love with you, Helen. I am, and the time has come for me to act on it.
哦,火车开得真快
Oh, the train is moving so fast.
哦戴维,这么快,哦,抱住我!
Oh, David, it’s so fast. Oh, hold me!
哦抱住我,不不,不要说话 – 海伦,我爱你
Oh, hold me. No, no, don’t speak. – Helen, I love you.
不要说话,啊,求你了,不要说话
Don’t speak. B…Uh, please, don’t speak.
不要说话,不,不要说话
Don’t speak. No. Don’t speak.
不要,求你
No, please.
你有没有和海伦·辛克莱私通? – 什么?没有!
Are you having an affair with Helen Sinclair? – What? No!
别骗我 – 你说什么呢?
Don’t lie to me. – What are you talking about?
纽约每家报纸的八卦专栏都有你们俩的名字,在波士顿时你们一直待在一起
You two are in every gossip column in town. You were all over Boston together.
你知道那种专栏… – 待到深夜
You know those columns. – All those late nights.
我在工作! – 那这个呢?
I was working! – What about this?
那是…那是个捡来的烟盒,我都忘了从哪捡的 -“科尔致海伦”
That’s a cigarette case I found. I don’t know where I found it. – “To Helen from Cole.
“让我们来做吧” – 现在我想起来了,我崇拜科尔·波特,所以她就给我了
Let’s do it. – I remember now. I admired it, and she gave it to me.
你为什么不跟我说? – 因为没什么好说的,艾伦
Why didn’t you tell me? – Because there’s nothing to tell, Ellen.
现在你快成功了,就想甩掉我,跟海伦·辛克莱在一起
Now that you’re on the eve of success, you want to dump me and go off with Helen Sinclair.