蒂娜不是要打电♥话♥ 摆平他们吗?
‘I don’t get it. Wasn’t Tina gonna make a phone call, have ’em called off?’
她打了,一上岸就打了. 不过不起作用
‘She did, the minute they got ashore, but it didn’t work.’
-发生什么事了? -你得先躲躲
– So what’s happening? – You’re gonna have to lay low for a while.
-什么意思? -你乡下有什么朋友吗?
– What do you mean? – You got any friends outta town?
-乡下?比如说哪里?你疯了吗? -你最好住进宾馆里
– Outta town? Like where? Are you nuts? – You better check into a hotel.
你不是要打一个电♥话♥摆平一切吗
You said you were gonna settle this with one phone call.
这得花几天时间. 现在他们正到处找你呢
It’s gonna take a few days. Meanwhile, they’re looking for you.
亲爱的,我能说句话吗? 我要去找警♥察♥
Darling, can I say one thing? I’m going to the police.
不,那是个错误选择. 你得去躲躲
No, that’s a mistake. You gotta lay low.
躲躲?我什么也没做? 我一生从来没惹上过什么麻烦
What are you talking about? Lay low? I didn’t do anything!
My whole life I never got involved in any trouble.
我吃适当的食物.现在去要我躲躲. 上帝.你说了一个电♥话♥解决的
I ate the right foods. Now I gotta lay low?
我知道.有人会去办这事的. 我叫人去办了
Jesus! You said one phone call.
Yeah, I know. It’s gonna be taken care of. I got someone onto it.
-我的建议是你去住宾馆. -我有家
My advice is to check into a hotel.
– 去宾馆干什么? -最近几天你不能回去
Why? I got an apartment. Why do I need a hotel?
No, you can’t go back there for a few days.
我有家不回 却要花钱住宾馆?
I’m gonna spend for a hotel while I’m carrying an apartment?
事情很复杂. 别回家就行了
– Are you nuts? – All right, it’s a mix-up.
我一定要回家. 知道吗,宝贝,你真是坏消息
Just don’t go home, that’s all.
I gotta go home. You know, you’re bad news, honey.
我知道你最先会 用冰锥刺卢
I knew that when you were starting with the ice pick on Lou.
好女孩不会拿着冰锥到处跑的
Nice girls don’t screw around with ice picks.
-别回家就是了. -我一定要回家
– Just don’t go home. – I gotta go home.
我得去拿药,内♥裤♥. 还有卢,可怜的家伙,他现在一定着急死了
I gotta get my pills and my shorts.
And Lou, the poor guy, he’s probably a wreck.
我没醉. 我没醉
I’m not drunk. I’m not drunk.
我是说,我没事
I mean, I’m OK.
我会没事的
I’m gonna be all right.
你去哪儿了? 我快要疯了,蒂娜去哪了?
Now where you been? I’m going crazy. Where’s Tina?
卢,卢喝点黑咖啡. 你先去沃特夫,她会去那儿的
Lou, Lou, take some black coffee and get over to the Waldorf. She’s here.
你跟他讲,他已经失去理智了. 他已经消沉了
You speak to him, ’cause he’s lost. He’s gone already.
卢,我会去的,亲爱的. 照丹尼说的做
Lou, I’ll be there, honey. Just do what Danny says.
-对他好点. -我们在那里见
– Be nice to him. – We’ll meet you at the place.
我当然想你了. 你能先把酒放下吗? 好的
Of course I miss you. But will you lay off the sauce?
他喝醉了. 我就知道会这样
All right.
He’s drunk. I knew this was gonna happen.
我的药去哪儿了? 我需要很多安定
And where are my pills? I need a Valium the size of a hockey puck.
-这是谁?照片上是谁? -你指什么?那是弗兰克
– Who’s this? Who is this here? – What do you mean? That’s Frank.
弗兰克, 托尼 班尼特和我. 那是个盛大的夜晚
That’s Frank, Tony Bennett and me. This was a big night.
看到我没?看到那个像指纹一样的 小污点没? 那是我的头
See me up there? A little tiny smudge that’s like a fingerprint. That’s my head.
这是我的茱蒂 加兰的合照. 没有比她高贵的女人了
There I am with Miss Judy Garland. Never a dearer woman existed.
-你在哪儿呢? -我在相框外呢
– Where are you? – Well, I’m right outside of frame.
要是照片再长一英寸, 我就会…我在台子后面
‘Cause if the picture went on another inch, I would be… I was back behind the dais.
这是麦伦科恩先生… 上帝,我的药去哪儿了?
And here’s Mr Myron Cohen and…
Jesus, where is my bottle of pills?
-你做这个表演事业多久了? -表演事业?表演出租业务?
– How long have you had this joint? – Joint? This is rent-controlled.
你得重新整理一下了. 你活成像个失败者
You oughta fix it up. You’re living like a loser.
又没人过来 我怕什么?
Well, nobody ever comes over here, I live alone, so what do I care?
没人过来? 你结过婚吗?
Nobody comes over? You ever been married?
没. 我和一个跳舞的订过婚…
No. I was engaged once to a dancer, you know,
不过她和一个弹钢琴的跑了. 于是我和她分手了
but she ran away with a piano player and I broke off with her.
-知道要是我我会怎么处理这屋子吗? -怎么弄?
– You know what I’d do with this room? – What?
让它有活力点. 刷成活泼的颜色 比如粉红
Liven it up. Do it all in something up, you know. Pink, maybe?
-粉色? -是的,你得让屋子变亮点
– Pink? – Yeah. You know, you gotta lighten it up.
粉色加上一些金色的墙纸 你需要些布料
Pink with maybe some gold wallpaper. And you need fabric, you know.
比如说紫色的枕头之类的. 还有香熏
Like big purple pillows or something. Maybe some incense.
这是要干嘛? 做成土耳其妓院?我住在哪里
What is this? A Turkish whorehouse? I live here.
我说真的,你得让屋子亮起来. 可以用些竹家具
I’m serious. You gotta lighten it up.
Maybe some bamboo furniture. Bamboo.
我一直想给一间屋子里 装上竹家具和,像斑马皮之类的东西
I always wanted to do a room in bamboo with, like, zebra skins.
-真的吗?你说真的? -为什么不呢?那很有趣
– Really? Are you serious? – Why not? It’s exciting.
你说的像是个热带雨林主题
What you’re talking about is like a tropical motif, right?
-那会很有趣,因为我喜欢竹子. -是吗?
– It’s funny, ’cause actually I like bamboo. – Really?
还有照片,比如说挂画. 还要铺好地砖
Picture, like, hanging plants maybe, and a really nice tile floor.
竹家具. 又美又有戏剧性
I can see bamboo furniture. It’s very beautiful and very dramatic.
-你有戏剧天赋 -你真这么想吗?
– You got an eye for drama. – You really think so?
你听起来好像很惊讶
I do, yeah. You sound surprised.
以前没人喜欢人的非洲丛林主题
Nobody ever liked my African-jungle idea before.
我一直把它当成梦想 你是第一个喜欢它的人
I always had this as a dream. You’re the first person ever liked it.
我敢打赌你脑子里都是好想法 只是你缺乏信心
I’m willing to bet that you’re full of good ideas, but you lack confidence.
-你没有信心. -那是我做为装♥修♥师的一大弱点
– You don’t have any confidence. – It’s my big problem as a decorator.
对,这就像是我经理的表演一样. 我可以马上让你变强
Sure, it’s like the acts I handle. I could straighten you out in no time at all.
因为我觉得你不仅可以 在装♥修♥郊区房♥子
‘Cause I don’t see you just decorating little joints and little apartments in the suburbs.
我可能想像到你装饰金色的墙 土耳其式的枕头…
I see you doing your gold walls and your Turkish pillows
还有宾馆的装♥修♥, 大使♥馆♥之类的装♥修♥等
and all that garbage in hotels and embassies and stuff.
-真的吗? -是啊,自然而然的事
– Really? – Yeah, naturally.
-你能办到,我能嗅到这种气味 -我可不这么认为
– You could. I can smell it. – I don’t think so.
我已经定型了. 我年轻时应该真认真些
The boat’s sailed for me.
I should have been more serious when I was younger.
年轻时? 你的人生才刚刚开始呢
What are you talking about, “younger”? You got your whole life ahead of you.
麻烦在于,我看着我自己的作品时 我觉得它很丑
The trouble is I look at my work and I think it’s ugly.
我的叔叔莫里斯 布鲁克林区的出名糖尿病患者…
Well, my uncle Morris, the famous diabetic from Brooklyn
曾说过“如果你讨厌你自己, 就讨厌自己的工作.”
used to say, “if you hate yourself, then you hate your work.”
我晚上睡得挺好, 得溃疡的是你
I sleep at night. It’s you that’s got the ulcer.
我是得了溃疡,这可能是件好事. 知道我的人生哲学是什么吗?
I got an ulcer, but it may be a good thing. You know what my philosophy of life is?
欢笑是重要的, 但你还得受一点苦…
That it’s important to have some laughs, but you gotta suffer a little too,
…不然你就体会不到 生命的意义
because otherwise you miss the whole point to life.
-知道我的人生哲学是什么吗? -能想象出来
– Know what my philosophy of life is? – I can imagine.
生命苦短,尽情享受吧
It’s over quick, so have a good time.
别管别人. 先下手为强,要不别人就会这么对你
You see want you want, go for it. Don’t pay attention to anybody else.
And do it to the other guy first, ’cause if you don’t, he’ll do it to you.
这是什么人生哲学? 这听起来像是“谋杀不合作者”的剧本
This is a philosophy of life?
It sounds like the screenplay to “Murder incorporated”.
拿着这个.这太可笑了. 难怪你不喜欢你自己
Hold this. That’s ridiculous. No wonder you don’t like yourself.
别这么说了. 我挺喜欢我自己的
Stop saying that. I like myself fine.
我是说从更深的角度来看 你不喜欢自己
Down deep, I sense that you don’t.
-你才是活着像失败者的人. -为什么?因为我还没成功?
– You’re the one that’s living like a loser. – Why? ‘Cause I haven’t made it?
这才是这种事业的美妙之处
You see, that’s the beauty of this business.
一夜之间 你可以从游民变成英雄
Overnight you can go from a bum to a hero.
-我觉得对卢来说是这样. -我们最好现在出发
– I think it’s gonna happen now with Lou. – We better get going. Hurry up.
让我说一句. 我叔叔悉尼-可爱的老头,已经死了
Just let me say one thing. My uncle Sidney – lovely uncle, dead, completely –
以前说过三要素: 接受,宽恕,爱
used to say three things: Acceptance, forgiveness and love.
这才是人生哲学: 接受,宽恕,爱
An that is a philosophy of life: Acceptance, forgiveness and love.
再说点关于竹家具屋子的细节
There’s where it is.
So, tell me more about the bamboo room. I love it.
我只住一晚上.一晚上. 我不想多花钱
I’m gonna stay one night. One night. ‘Cause I don’t wanna incur expense.
我去打个电♥话♥ 我有了个新主意
I’m gonna make a phone call. I got another idea.
-单人间多少钱. -对不起.满了
– How much is a single room? – Sorry. All filled up.
蒂娜?
Tina?
蒂娜?
Tina?
蒂娜,亲爱的?
Tina, darling?
你好,丹尼
Hello, Danny.
快进车里!
Get in the car! Get in the car!
进车里!
Get in the car! Come on!
伙计们…伙计们… 我能在这个时候说句话吗?
Fellas… Fellas, can I… May I just interject one thing at this particular point in time?
-有话直说. -听着,我喜欢乔尼.我喜欢你哥哥
– Keep going straight. – Look, I like Johnny. I like your brother.
我没做针对他的事. 我今天刚遇到他.我挺喜欢他的诗
I got nothing against him. I just met him today. I liked his poem.
值得讨论的是那个女孩的感受 女孩在哪儿?
What’s under discussion here is the girl’s feelings. Where is the girl?
朋友, 我们会好好招待你的
We’re gonna take real good care of you, pal.
我只想说一件事 没有说教或者搞笑的意思
I wanna say one thing, and I don’t mean to be didactic or facetious in any manner.
她不爱他. 她不再爱他了
She doesn’t love him. She doesn’t love him anymore.
我知道这很难接受. 因为我们都想要生活中得不到的东西
I know it’s hard to take. Because we all want what we can’t have in life.
这很自然, 拿我的侄女塞尔来说吧,她没蒂娜漂亮
It’s a natural thing, but take my cousin Ceil.
她长得跟你在动物园的 爬行动作科里见到的动物一样丑
Not pretty like Tina at all.
She looks like something in a reptile house in a zoo.
-她遇到一个会计… -你闭上嘴行不?
– She meets this accountant… – Will you shut up!
等等,等等, 不是
Wait, wait, wait. No.
你误会我了
You misunderstand me.
-去你的! -我只想声明我的意见
– Goddamn you! – I’m trying to make a point.
伙计们,伙计们. 我是过来人..我是过来人
Fellas, fellas, I’m a veteran. I’m a veteran.
-去拿斧头. -还有斧头?
– Get the axe. – There’s an axe?
伙计们,我只是个替身. 只是个替身.你们不理解
Fellas, I’m the beard. I’m just a beard. You don’t understand.
我说的是真话. 他跟这事没关
He’s telling the truth. He has nothing to do with this.
你们不相信我,是吗?
-我们要把你的腿砍下来. -伙计们,我只是个替死鬼
– You don’t believe me…? – We’re gonna chop your legs off.
Fellas, I’m only the beard.
我会跟这种人浪费我的时间吗?