虽然希望渺茫
It is a hopeless hope,
但是我又怎能拒绝他们的好意
but how can I refuse them?
就说你病得厉害
Say you are too ill.
你我的爱情已经织成一张网
We have woven a web, you and I,
连接着这个世界
attached to this world
但是我们自己织就的另一个世界
But a separate world of our own invention.
我们必须切断这情丝 范妮
We must cut the threads, Fanny.

No.

No.
我不能
I can’t.
我永远不会
I never will.
你知道我愿意做任何事
You know I would do anything.
我得对得起良心
I have a conscience.
-就当作我春天会回来 -你会回来
– Let’s pretend I will return in Spring. – You will return.
我们会住在乡下
We will live in the country.
离妈妈不远
Close to Mama.
从我们的卧室望出去是一片苹果园
And our bedroom will look out onto a little apple orchard
远处连绵的山峰藏在迷雾之中
And, beyond that, a mountain in a mist.
我们有一个花♥园♥ 种满了各种野花
We can make a garden where every sort of wildflower grows.
太阳高照时我们就去睡觉
And we will go to bed while the sun is still high.
天渐渐暗下来 月光
And when it becomes dark, the moon
透过百叶窗洒进来
will shine through the shutters.
我会抱紧你亲吻你的胸膛
And I will hold you close and kiss your breasts,
你的玉臂 你的腰身
your arms, your waist.
吻遍全身
Everywhere.
抚摸是有记忆的
Touch has a memory.
我知道
I know it.
什么也别说
Not a word.
妈妈 布朗先生的孩子有一头红发
Mama, Mr. Brown’s baby has red hair.
你好啊
Hello!
你这个漂亮的男孩
You beautiful boy.
你好 干得好 干得好
Hello. Well done. Well done.
你好
Hello.
很高兴见到你
It is so nice to meet you.
你看过孩子了吗
You’ve seen the baby?
看起来更像阿比该
Looks like Abigail.
约翰到达那不勒斯了
John’s reached Naples.
他们对他乘的船进行隔离检疫
They quarantined his ship.
他写信说
He wrote that
他这两周写得关于绝望的双关诗词
he made more puns out of desperation in two weeks
比这些年写得都多
than he had in any year of his life.
我真希望我在那儿亲耳听到
I should have liked to have been there to have heard them.
你本可以的 但你却走了
You could have, had you gone.
这没那么简单
It’s not that simple,
有了一个孩子 我的钱也少了
with a baby and my funds reduced.
然后又天降大雪 远隔万里
And then there is this issue of the snow and the alps.
而且你也不愿意去
And lack of will.
要我大点声说吗
Shall I say it aloud?
那样你会满意吗
Will that satisfy you?
要我说吗
Shall I say it?
我辜负了约翰·济慈
I have failed John Keats.
我辜负了约翰·济慈
I failed John Keats.
我辜负了约翰·济慈
I failed John Keats!
我辜负了他 我辜负了他
I failed him! I failed him!
我直到现在才知道
I did not know until now how tightly
他紧紧地揪着我的心
he’d wound himself around my heart.
是你的信 妈妈 从意大利寄来的
It’s for you, mama. It’s from Italy.
是济慈先生写的
It’s from Mr. Keats.
他说 就像一场梦
He says, it looks like a dream.
从头再来一遍
Start again.
外面很冷
It’s cold out.
你们都好吗
How are you all?
我们都挺好的 济慈先生怎么样了
We’re all quite well enough, but how is Mr. Keats?
布朗恩夫人 这事我无法接受
Mrs. Brawne, it is as unbearable to me
我知道对你们来说也一样
As I know it is to you.
济慈先生去世了
Mr. Keats has died.
我收到了赛文的消息
I received an account from Severn,
我为你抄了一份 布朗恩小姐
and I’ve copied it for you, Miss Brawne.
我现在可以读吗
Shall I just read it?
2月23日 星期五
Friday, the 23rd of February.
在下午4点 济慈叫我
At four in the afternoon, Keats called me,
赛文 赛文 我要死了 扶我起来
Severn, Severn, lift me up for I am dying.
我会死得容易些
I shall die easy.
别害怕 感谢上帝这天终于来了
Don’t be frightened. Thank god it has come.
就在那时 他全身
At one point, a cold, heavy sweat broke
浸满了冷汗 低语道
out over his whole body, and he whispered,
不要对我喘气 感觉很冷
Don’t breathe on me. It comes like ice.
济慈黯然辞世了
Keats died imperceptibly.
别再读了
No more.
我的上帝啊
Oh, god.
上帝啊 约翰
Oh, god. John!
妈妈
Mama!
妈妈
Mama!
我 我无法呼吸
I…I can’t breathe.
妈妈
Mama!
妈妈
Mama!
塞米 撒母耳
Sammy! Samuel!
明亮的星
Bright star,
我希望像你那样的坚定
would I were steadfast as thou art
不愿高悬夜空 独自闪耀
Not in lone splendor hung aloft the night
凝视着 永恒地睁着眼睛
and watching, with eternal lids apart
宛如自然间耐心的隐士永不入眠
like nature s patient, sleepless eremite
激流地河水如牧师般的忙碌
The moving waters at their priestlike task
为大地间尘世的沿岸冲刷洗礼
of pure ablution round earth s human shores
或是凝视着 洁白的新雪
Or gazing on the new soft fallen masque
为山峦和荒野覆盖上柔软的面具
of snow upon the mountains and the moors
不 仍旧坚定不移
No, yet still steadfast, still unchangeable
头枕着美丽爱人饱满的胸脯
Pillow d upon my fair love s ripening breast
一直感受它舒缓地起伏
to feel for ever its soft swell and fall
醒来 心中永远
Awake for ever
充满着甜蜜的激荡
in a sweet unrest
不断 不断地听着她细腻的呼吸
Still, still to hear her tender- taken breath
永远这样活着 或者昏迷而死去
and so live ever, or else swoon to death
多年来 范妮·布朗恩总在入夜之后走进树林中
她从未忘记约翰·济慈 也从未取下过戒指
济慈去世时年仅25岁
临死前始终认为自己一事无成
现在他被认为是最伟大的浪漫主义诗人之一
夜莺颂
Ode to a Nightingale
我心痛如绞 困顿和麻木
My heart aches, and a drowsy numbness pains
刺痛我的感觉 仿佛喝下毒鸩
my sense, as though of hemlock I had drunk
又像瞬间一口饮尽鸦♥片♥
or emptied some dull opiate to the’drains
而忘川河都随之下沉
One minute past, and lethe- wards had sunk
这绝非嫉妒你的好运
Tis not through envy of thy happy lot
而是为你的幸福而欢欣
but being too happy in thine happiness
你啊 轻灵的森林女神
That thou, light- winged dryad of the trees
你在山毛榉葱绿阴影交错
in some melodious plot
斑驳律动中
of beechen green, and shadows numberless
放开歌♥喉 歌♥唱夏季
singest of summer in full- throated ease
啊 要是有一口酒
O, for a draft of vintage that hath been
那冷藏在地下多年的清醇美酒
cool d a long age in the’deep- delved earth
一尝就令人想起绿色之邦
tasting of flora and the country green
想起花神 恋歌♥ 阳光和舞蹈
Dance, and Provencal song, and sunburnt mirth!
要是有一樽充满南国温暖
O for a beaker full of the warm south
充满真理的玫瑰色灵泉
full of the true, the blushful hippocrene
杯沿明灭着珠串般的泡沫
with beaded bubbles winking at the brim
将嘴唇染成魅紫
and purple- stained mouth
哦 我要一饮而离开尘寰
that I might drink, and leave the world unseen
和你同去幽暗的林中隐没
and with thee fade away into the forest dim
远远地 远远隐没 让我忘掉
Fade far away, dissolve, and quite forget
你在树叶间从不知道的一切
what thou among the leaves hast never known
忘记这疲劳 热病 和焦躁
The weariness, the fever, and the fret
这使人对坐而听着彼此悲叹的世界

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!