明亮的星
1818年伦敦 汉普斯特得
是我的
It’s mine.
-下来 -你不许这样做
– Get down. – You’re not allowed!
-日安 菲普斯先生 -你不许这样做
– Good day, Mr. Phipps. – You’re not allowed!
下来
Get down.
如果你再这样就不许吃晚餐
You’ll have no supper if you keep that up.
-乔伊 你好 -你好
– Hello, Joy. – Hello.
-一切还好吗 -很好 谢谢
– Is all well? – Very good. Thank you.
-你好 -你好
– Hello. – Hello.
-乔伊 早上好 -你好
– Good morning, Joy. – Hello.
-抱歉 -欢迎
– Sorry. – Welcome.
济慈先生呢
Where is Mr. Keats?
恐怕他不会加入我们
I’m afraid he is not joining us.
他在布朗先生那半边的屋子里
He’s in Mr. Brown’s half of the house.
你好
Hello.
你好
Hello.
精于缝纫悉心打扮的布朗恩小姐
The very well stitched little Miss Brawne in all her detail.
早上好
Good morning.
怎么了 我怎么了 如何得罪你了
What is this? What have I done? How have I offended?
我不与仇敌握手
I don’t shake hands with the enemy.
仇敌吗 我哪里得罪你了
An enemy? What have I done to you?
你没得罪我 也没取悦我
You do nothing to me or for me,
我宁愿保持现状
and that s how I’d prefer to keep it.
什么
What?
布朗先生 你对我的着装品味出言冒犯
Your offense is to my fashion, Mr. Brown.
天啊
Oh, dear.
说我盲目追求时髦
To which I’m so helplessly slavish.
误解我了
I have been ill-quoted.
她对荷叶边和十字绣的痴迷
her obsession with flounce and cross-stitch?
十字绣 布朗恩小姐
Cross- stitch? Miss Brawne,
我甚至不知它为何物
I don’t even know what that means.
请君入瓮
Baiting, baiting.
布朗先生 我也是这样看待您的诗
I feel the same about your poems, Mr. Brown.
我不知它们为何物
I know nothing of what they mean.
故弄玄虚 词不达意 读后让人反感
They puff smoke, dissolve, leaving nothing but irritation.
范妮 把这茶给济慈先生送去 他情绪很低落
Fanny, take this tea to Mr. Keats. He is in very poor spirits.
济慈先生在创作不想被打扰
Mr. Keats is composing and does not want disturbing.
我发现您才很善于打扰别人
It’s my finding in the business of disturbing, you’re the expert.
范妮 为何不同你更欣赏的人交谈呢
Fanny, why not speak to one of us you hold in higher favor?
我在称赞他
I’m praising him!
-范妮 -别说了 范妮
– Fanny. – Please, Fanny.
我想知道你对济慈先生的看法
I’m wanting to know what you shall say about Mr. Keats.
为了听你的看法我已经等了两周
I’ve been waiting two weeks that I may enjoy your opinion.
我无法不欣赏他
I cannot look upon him without smiling.
他才思敏捷
And he is quick with his thoughts,
尽管现在他很悲伤
though now they are mostly sad.
他弟弟汤姆没有好转
His brother Tom s not at all better.
日渐虚弱
Very diminished.
济慈先生独自照料他 这很艰难
Mr. Keats nurses him alone. It’s difficult work.
没有其他的家人吗
Is there no other family member?
没有 父母双亡
No. The parents are both dead.
只有一个年幼的妹妹
There is only a much younger sister
和一个住在美国的弟弟
and a brother who lives in America.
请进
Come in.
济慈先生 你喜欢笑话吗
You like jokes, Mr. Keats?
我喜欢
I like jokes.
提醒你 布朗先生不喜欢我的笑话
Mr. Brown, I warn you, does not like my jokes.
他抱怨我只会追求时髦
He complains I care for nothing but fashion.
想要饼干吗
Would you like biscuits?
你是来观察我的
You’ve come to spy.
观察
Spy?
你如何形容我 我的性格
How will you describe me? My character?
我对你的性格没有一丝兴趣
I am not the least interested in your character.
那我的上衣或裤子呢
My jacket, then? Or my pantaloons?
我只能说 你需要一件新上衣
You need a new jacket, that s what I would say.
如此而已
Is that all?
最好是丝绒的 蓝丝绒的
It should be of velvet, blue velvet.
告诉我 布朗恩小姐 为何你如此肯定
Tell me, Miss Brawne, how can you be so sure?
我所有的衣服都是自己设计缝制
Well, all I wear, I’ve sewn and designed myself.
别人常说我有设计的天份
I’m often told I am clever to exception about design.
我发明了这裙褶 非常可爱
I originated the pleats on my dress, which are charming…
她够烦人吗
Has she annoyed you sufficiently?
可把我烦得要死
She has done brilliant well with me.
男人的房♥间 请出去
Men s room, out.
诗人们得写作
Poets got to do a bit of writing.
我的缝纫比你们两个的胡言乱语
My stitching has more merit and admirers
有更大价值和更多仰慕者
than your two scribblings put together.
再见 小姐
Goodbye, mistress.
而且我还能以此赚钱
And I can make money from it.
什么事
Yes?
有约翰·济慈的诗集吗
Have you got John Keats poem book…
-恩底弥翁吗 -是的 恩底弥翁
– Endymion? – Endymion, yes.
有 对此我没听到多少好评
Yes, I’ve not heard much good about it.
我进了20本一本也没卖♥♥掉
I’ve not sold one and took 20.
我姐姐遇见作者了
My sister has met the author,
她想自己读一下
and she wants to read it for herself
看看他是不是笨蛋
to see if he is an idiot or not.
解开
Unwrap it.
读一下
Read it.
凡美的事物是永恒的喜悦
A thing of beauty is a joy forever,
它的美妙与日俱增
its loveliness increases.
它决不会化为乌有
It will never pass into nothingness,
却为我们保有一处寂静的树荫
but still will keep a bower quiet for us,
并一个满是美梦
and a sleep full of sweet dreams,
伴着匀长平和呼吸的睡眠
and health and quiet breathing
-别念了 -因此 每天
– Stop. – Therefore, on…
是的 除却一切
Yes, in spite of all,
美好的事物
some shape of beauty
脱去遮蔽我们阴暗灵魂的长袍
moves away the pall from our dark spirits
我想和济慈先生谈谈
I’d love to speak with Mr. Keats.
凡美的事物是永恒的喜悦
A thing of beauty is a joy forever,
它的美妙与日俱增 它决不会
its loveliness increases. It will never
化为乌有
pass into nothingness
你读了恩底弥翁
You’ve read Endymion.
我本想喜欢它
I wanted to adore it.
-但你讨厌它 -我说不准
– But you hated it. – I can’t say.
你不敢说实话吗
Are you frightened to speak truthfully?
-绝不是 -那就告诉我
– Never. – Well, tell me then.
不 我对作诗没天份
No. I’m not clever with poetry.
看来我也是
Well, neither, it seems, am I.
-但我还有些自信 -我认为自信有益处
– Still I have some hope for myself. – I think hope useful.
-但 -自信和成果是不同的
– But…- Hope and results are different.
自信不会必然产生成果
One doesn’t necessarily create the other.
练习会有用吗
Would practice help?
也许 我也不是天生缝纫能手
It might. I wasn’t always able to stitch so well.
这是在伍利奇和汉普斯蒂德的第一件
This is the first frock in all of Woolwich or Hampstead
三重褶蘑菇领女装
to have a triple- pleated mushroom collar.
在你身后那件不是同样的吗
Isn’t that an identical one behind you?
我每支舞都有舞伴了
My cards completely full.
济慈先生 可你不跳舞 我爱跳舞
But you don’t dance, Mr. Keats. I love to dance.
我不喜欢跳舞
I don’t feel like dancing.
令弟还在病中吗
Is your brother still ill?
他不见好转
He’s no better.
从记事起我父亲就一直生病
My father was ill for as long as I can remember.
我年幼时他就去世了
He died when I was still very young.
失陪
Excuse me.
布朗恩小姐 请
Miss Brawne, may I?
妈妈
Mama!
范妮没问就剪了我的丝带
Fanny has cut my ribbon, and she never asked.
你在做什么 范妮
What are you doing, Fanny?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!