You! And I’ll trouble you to get out of here double quick.
烦扰消费者还有自己弄些麻烦事
Disturbing the customers and making a nuisance of yourselves.
这里哪里有火?哪里有火?
Here, where’s the fire, where’s the fire?
– 这里发生什么事情了? – 戈比先生,这些先生骚扰了我
– What’s going on in here? – Mr. Godby, these gentlemen are annoying me.
– 什么?我们什么也没有做,不是吗,翰尼? – 我们只是要点饮料
– What? We haven’t done nothing, have we, Johnnie? – All we did was ask for drinks.
– 他们侮辱我,戈比先生 – 我们没有这么做过
– They insulted me, Mr. Godby. – We never did anything of the kind.
– 只是开个玩笑而已,仅此而已 – 赶快离开,你们两个
– Just having a little joke, that’s all. – Hop it, both of you.
– 我们有权在这里呆着说话 – 快走开
– We’ve got a right to stay here as long as we like. – You heard what I said. Hop it.
现在看看这里,这是什么?自♥由♥的国家还是星期天上学?
Now, look here. What is this, a free country or a bloomin’ Sunday school?
我在门口检查了你的票,你的火车应该在一分钟后到,赶快走
I checked your warrants at the gate. Your train’s due in one minute. Hop it.
– 现在看看这里 – 快点,翰尼快点
– Now, look here… – Aw, come on, Johnnie. Come on.
– 不要跟那些蠢人吵 – 快走
– Don’t argue with the poor basket. – Hop it.
加油,妈妈
Cheerio, Mother.
如果那些三明治是今天早上做好的,你是雪丽坦普尔
And if them sandwiches were made this morning, you’re Shirley Temple.
– 谢谢你,亚伯特 – 真的很不好意思这样跟你说,伯格特夫人
– Thank you, Albert. – What a nerve… talking to you like that, Mrs. Bagot.
没有什么,贝里尔,快给我一杯三星,我觉得很烦
Be quiet, Beryl. Pour me out a nip of Three Star. I’m feeling quite upset.
– 我要回大门了 – 晚点我会去见你的,亚伯特
– I have to get back to the gate. – I’ll be seeing you later, Albert.
好的
Okay.
现在车来了在第三站台
The train now arriving at platform three…
五点四十三到凯特沃斯
is the 5:43 for Ketchworth.
– 我真的必须回家了 – 我要回公♥寓♥
– I really must go home. – I’m going back to the flat.
– 我要回家,我真的应该回家了 – 我必须回公♥寓♥
– I must go home. I really must go home. – I’m going back to the flat.
我要回家了
I’m going home.
打扰了,我忘记了一些东西
Excuse me. I’ve forgotten something.
亲爱的
Darling.
下雨了
It’s raining.
当我刚刚到了主街的时候,就开始下雨了
It started just as I turned out of the High Street.
你没有雨伞,你的大衣湿了
You had no umbrella, and your coat’s wet.
你不要感冒了,真的不要
You mustn’t catch cold. That would never do.
– 我看上去很吃惊 – 我为你拿下来
– I look an absolute fright. – Let me put that down for you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我希望火能够在几分钟后生起来
I hope the fire will perk up in a few minutes.
– 我希望树木是潮湿的 – 是的,我也希望这样
– I expect the wood was damp. – Yes, I expect it was.
坐下来,亲爱的
Do sit down, darling.
我要准时回火车上,然后再走是不是很傻?
I got right into the train and then got out again. Wasn’t it idiotic?
我们都很很傻
We’re both very, very foolish.
– 亚历克,我不再呆了,你知道的,我真的不能了 – 就一会儿
– Alec, I can’t stay, you know. Really, I can’t. – Just a little while.
就一会儿
Just a little while.
快点快点我要走了
Quickly, quickly! I must go.
从这里,这里是厨房♥,那里有个楼梯
Here, through the kitchen. There’s a tradesman’s staircase.
– 是你吗?亚历克 – 是的
– Is that you, Alec? – Yes.
– 你这么早就回来了 – 是的,我觉得很冷
– You’re back early. – Yes, I felt a cold coming on,
跟罗杰在一起没有什么意思,所以我没有再吃下去了
so I denied myself the questionable pleasure of dining…
决定先回来睡觉
with that arch-arguer Roger Hinchley and decided to come back to bed.
– 红肿的隔膜很容易生病 – 你的饭怎么吃?
– Inflamed membranes are unsympathetic to a dialectic. – What’ll you do about food?
只要我想在家的话,我就可以打电♥话♥叫他们送上来
I can always ring down to the restaurant if I want any later on.
– 我们住在现代这是个提供膳食的公♥寓♥ – 是的,当然
– We live in a modern age, and this is a service flat. – Yes, yes, of course.
有很多中口味
It caters for all tastes.
你知道,我亲爱的亚历克,你隐瞒了很重要的事情
You know, my dear Alec, you have hidden depths which I never even suspected.
– 看这里斯蒂芬 – 上帝啊,亚历克,不要解释或者道歉
– Look here, Stephen… – Oh, for heaven’s sake, Alec. No explanations or apologies.
我才是应该道歉的人,这么忽然的回来
I am the one who should apologize for returning so inopportunely.
很明显你这是在私下给一个病人看病
It’s quite obvious to me that you were interviewing a patient privately.
女人有时真的是很脆弱的生物
Women are frequently rather neurotic creatures,
医院的空气对她们没有好处
and the hospital atmosphere is upsetting to them.
当我进大厅的时候,我听到了很响的脚步声
By the rather undignified scuffling which I heard when I came into the hall,
我想她可能在后面的楼梯里很狼狈的撤退
I gather that she beat a hasty retreat down the back stairs.
我很奇怪的发现你也会这样,亚历克
I’m surprised at this farcical streak in your nature, Alec.
这样的事情是多余的,毕竟我们是多年的好友
Such carryings-on are quite unnecessary. After all, we’ve been friends for years,
我是心胸开阔的人
and I am the most broad-minded of men.
我真的很不好意思,斯蒂芬
I’m really very sorry, Stephen.
我想你肯定觉得整个事情是很粗俗的
I’m sure that the whole situation must seem inexpressibly vulgar to you.
但是事实上并不是那样的
Actually, it isn’t in the least.
尽管如此,你还是正确的,解释是多余的,特别是在你我之间
However, you’re perfectly right: Explanations are unnecessary, particularly between friends.
– 我必须走了,我会拿我我帽子和大衣的 – 好的
– I must go now. I’ll collect my hat and coat. – Very well.
– 再见 – 我想可能你应该把我的钥匙还给我
– Good-bye. – Perhaps you’ll let me have my latchkey back.
我只是有两个恐怕已经丢了,你知道我老是这么粗心的
I only have two, and I’m so afraid of losing them. You know how absentminded I am.
– 你真的很生气是吗? – 不,亚历克,不是生气是失望
– You’re very angry, aren’t you? – No, Alec, not angry, just disappointed.
我跑到直到我不能再跑了,我靠在路灯柱下喘了口气
I ran until I couldn’t run any longer. I leant against a lamppost to get my breath.
我就在通往大街的小街道里
I was in one of those side roads that lead out of the High Street.
我知道我这样跑很傻,但是我就是不能控制我自己
I know it was stupid to run, but I couldn’t help myself.
我觉得自己是彻底的羞耻,真的很羞耻
I felt so utterly humiliated and defeated and so dreadfully, dreadfully ashamed.
在一会儿后,我终于缓过来了
After a moment or two I pulled myself together…
然后往车站走去
and walked on in the direction of the station.
仍然在下着雨,但是不是很大
It was still raining, but not very much.
我忽然意识到我不能回家
I suddenly realized that I couldn’t go home,
直到我先控制好自己,还有好好的想想
not until I had got myself more under control and had a little time to think.
然后你在家里等,还有晚饭没有了
Then I thought of you waiting at home and the dinner being spoilt,
所以我到了大街找了个烟店,给你打了个电♥话♥
so I went into the High Street and found a tobacconist and telephoned to you.
你还记得吗
Do you remember?
你好,佛瑞德,是你吗
Hello, Fred, is that you?
是的,亲爱的,是我,萝拉
Yes, dear, it’s me, Laura.
所有的事情都很好,但是我不能回去吃晚饭了
Yes, everything’s perfectly all right, but I shan’t be home to dinner.
我和路易斯小姐在一起
I’m with Miss Lewis.
路易斯小姐,亲爱的,你知道,我跟你说的关于布茨的那本书
Miss Lewis, dear. You know, the librarian I told you about at Boots.
是的,现在我还不能跟你解释任何细节,因为她还在外面等着我
Y-Yes, I can’t explain in any detail because she’s outside the box now.
不久我和她在大街上见了面,我的情绪还不很稳定
I met her in the High Street a little while ago in a terrible state.
她的妈妈生病了,我答应和她一起,直到医生来了
Her mother’s been taken ill, and I’ve promised to stay with her until the doctor comes.
是的,我知道,但是她一直对我很好,我觉得有点对不起她
Yes, I know, but she’s always been awfully kind to me, and I feel so sorry for her.
不,我会来个三明治,但是叫艾瑟尔留些汤放在厨房♥的锅里
No, I’ll get a sandwich, but ask Ethel to leave me some soup in a saucepan in the kitchen.
好的,我会尽快的
Yes, of course, as soon as I can.
好的,再见
All right. Good-bye.
真的很容易,当你很相信我的时候
It’s awfully easy to lie when you know that you’re trusted implicitly…
很容易,但是我觉得很内疚
so very easy and so very degrading.
我开始漫无目的的走
I started walking without much purpose.
忽然我又出现在大街上走着
I turned out of the High Street almost immediately.
想到可能撞到亚历克,我忽然觉得很害怕
I was terrified that I might run into Alec.
我很肯定他会去车站的
I was pretty certain that he’d come after me to the station.
我走了很长一段时间,最后我发现我在战争纪念馆了
I walked for a long while. Finally, I found myself at the war memorial…
你知道是在城市的另一边
you know, it’s right at the other side of the town.
外面已经没下雨了,但是我觉得还是很热
It had stopped raining altogether, and I felt stiflingly hot,
所以我坐在椅子上
so I sat down on one of the seats.
周围没有人,我拿了根烟抽
There was nobody about, and I lit a cigarette.
我知道你不允许女人在街上抽烟,但是我是这样做了,真的
I know how you disapprove of women smoking in the street… I do too, really…
但是我想让自己安静下来,我想需要这个帮助
but I wanted to calm my nerves, and I thought it might help.
我在那里坐了很久,我也不知道是多久
I sat there for ages… I don’t know how long…
我看见一个警员在不远处走来走去
then I noticed a policeman walking up and down a little way off.
他好像很怀疑的看着我
He was looking at me rather suspiciously.
过了不久他走了过来
Presently he came up to me.
没事吧,女士?
Feeling all right, miss?
– 没事,谢谢你 – 在等人吗
– Yes, thank you. – Waiting for someone?
不,不,我没有等人
No. No, I’m not waiting for anybody.
不要感冒了,晚上坐在椅子上湿气很重
Don’t go and catch cold now. It’s a damp night for sitting about on seats.
现在我就走了,我还要赶火车
I’m going now anyhow. I’ve got to catch a train.
你确定你没有什么事情吗?
You’re sure you feel quite all right?
是的,谢谢你,晚安
Quite, thank you. Good night.
晚安
Good night, miss.
我走开了,不经意的看了他一下,知道他正看着我
I walked away, trying to look casual, knowing that he was watching me.
我觉得自己好像是个罪犯
I felt like a criminal.
我走的很快,想回到大街上
I walked rather quickly back in the direction of the High Street.
在最后一班车开车前十五分钟,我到了火车站
I got to the station 15 minutes before the last train to Ketchworth.
然后我知道我在外面游荡了三个多小时
And then I realized that I’d been wandering about for over three hours,
但是我觉得很快就过去了
but it didn’t seem to be any time at all.
斯坦,你真的很讨厌
Stan, you are awful.
斯坦,你真的很讨厌
Stan, you are awful.
– 看院子里的年轻人 – 好的
– See ya in the yard. – All right.
– 我想要杯白兰地 – 我们要关门了
– I’d like a glass of brandy, please. – We’re just closin’.
是的,我看到你们,是的,但是还没有关,不是吗
Yes, I see you are, but you’re not quite closed yet, are you?
– 三星 – 那就行了
– Three Star? – That’ll do.
还有,你有没有一张纸和信封?
Oh, and have you got a piece of paper and an envelope?
– 恐怕你要到书店里去买♥♥了 – 书店可能关门了
– I’m afraid you’ll have to get that at the book stall. – Well, the book stall’s closed.
真的很重要,对于我来说是很重要的事情