you can’t rely on any acknowledgement or help if things go south.
中情局不能介入
CIA can’t be responsible.
我们不能丢这个脸
We can’t be embarrassed.
他们要在哪里谈判
Where do they want this negotiation to take place?
那里
There.
“那里”
“There”?
东柏林
East Berlin.
东柏林不是很…
Isn’t East Berlin getting rather…
对 那里变得很复杂
Yes, the place is getting complicated.
是啊 复杂
Yeah, complicated.
过去几个月 苏联设立检查哨
The Soviet side has been setting up checkpoints for the past few months…
试图阻挡大批人♥民♥逃往西德
to try to stop people hemorrhaging to the Western sectors…
但效果不佳
and it hasn’t worked.
我们的情报显示 他们可能会加强措施
We have intelligence to suggest that they may go one step further…
控制整个东德
and wall off the entire Eastern sector.
好了 大概情形就是这样
Okay, that’s it in a nutshell.
决定权完全在你
The decision is entirely yours.
你需要时间好好思考
You need time to kick it around.
不
No.
不 我不需要思考
No, I don’t.
好 那好
Well, fine. Fine.
这一切最好保密
Best that this all remains confidential.
别和玛丽或任何其他人讨论
Let’s not discuss any of this with Mary or with anyone else.
信件内容只能告诉我们
Share the correspondence only with us.
让我们知道他们的打算和时机
Let us know what they want to do and when.
我没有客户 没有妻子 没有国家
I’ve got no client, no wife, no country.
不知道在做什么 何时做 为了谁做
Don’t know what I’m doing or when or who for.
你是为了国家而做 但你的国家还不知道
You’re doing it for your country, but your country doesn’t know that yet.
我的当事人怎么处理 我的人
What about my client, the other person in this equation? My guy?
你的人 你是说那个苏联人
Your guy? You mean the Russian?
他已经不归你管了 律师
He’s not your guy anymore, Counselor.
你的人现在叫做法兰西斯盖瑞鲍尔
Your guy is Francis Gary Powers now.
我要怎么跟鲁道夫阿贝尔说
What do I tell Rudolf Abel?
叫他好好活着
Tell him not to drop dead.
教授
Professor?
教授
Professor?
爸爸去学校了 你不该来这里 费德瑞克
Papa went to university. You shouldn’t be here, Frederic.
他们今天有课
They’re having classes today?
他去那里看看
He went to see. That’s where he goes.
你来做什么
What are you doing here?
我来接你和你♥爸♥爸
I came to get you and your father.
你得跟我走 明天可能就走不了了
You have to come with me. You might not get out tomorrow.
就这样离开
Just leave?
对 离开 马上走
Yes, yes, leave. Right now.
回去 回去
Go back. Go back.
我不会有事的 我是美国人 回去
I’ll be okay, I’m American. Go back.
回你♥爸♥家 我们再找别的方法 快走
Go back to your father’s. We’ll find another way. Go.
你好
So, hi.
请出示文件
Papers, please.
我是学生 费德瑞克普莱尔
Ich bin Student Frederic Pryor.
对 学生
Yes, Student.
我叫 费德瑞克普莱尔 经济系学生
My name’s Frederic Pryor. I’m an economics student.
你看 这是我的论文
See? It’s my dissertation. My thesis.
看”欧洲共♥产♥国家的外贸系统”
Look. “The foreign trade system of the European Communist nations.”
花了好多工夫
It was a lot of work.
不行 我只有那一份
No, that’s my only copy.
不
No!
你说吧
Tell me something.
是临时的 他们在伦敦有办公室
It came up at the last minute. They have offices in London.
这些客户 不是我的主意
These clients. Not my idea.
苏格兰 钓鱼探险
Scotland, this fishing expedition.
哪一种钓鱼旅行 吉姆
What kind of fishing trip, Jim?
钓鲑鱼
Salmon fishing.
告诉我 你不会有危险
Just tell me that you’re not gonna be in any danger…
这只是例行的出差 我就不担心
that this is just a routine business trip, and I won’t worry.
我需要护照
I need my passport.
让我放心就好 我根本不在乎是不是实话
Just give me something to hold on to. I don’t even care if it’s the truth.
我这么做是为了我们
I’m doing this for us.
这位密区纳先生 是你在柏林的向导
Mr. Michener, here, is your Berlin escort.
他是美国大使♥馆♥的专员
He’s an attaché with the U.S. embassy.
所以 情况变得可复杂了
So, it’s gotten goddamn complicated.
你知道的 阿贝尔太太最后一封信
As you know, the last letter from Mrs. Abel, whoever she is…
谈到东柏林的一名律师 沃格先生 不知他是谁
talks about a lawyer in East Berlin, Mr. Vogel, whoever he is…
她说 他代表她维护权益
representing her interests, she says.
沃格说他去了东柏林的苏俄大使♥馆♥
Yeah, Vogel says he’s gone to the Russian embassy in East Berlin…
他们可能愿意用鲍尔交换阿贝尔
and they may be ready to trade Abel for Powers.
没人知道谁是谁 但基本上他们都是苏俄人 对吧
But no one knows who’s who, but essentially they’re all Russian, right?
-是苏联人 -我们是这么想
-Well, Soviet. -We think so.
什么意思 暖气可以开强一点吗
What do you mean? Could we turn up the heat in here?
有个小麻烦
There’s a wrinkle.
他们可能会对你耍点花招
They might try to throw you a curveball.
试图要你接受另一个俘虏 不是鲍尔
Try and get you to accept another prisoner other than Powers.
另一个美国人
Another American?
东德国安局抓了一名美国学生 费德瑞克 普莱尔
The East German Stasi picked up an American student. Frederic Pryor.
他们在柏林围墙另一边发现这孩子
Kid they found on the wrong side of the Wall.
他毕业于耶鲁大学 来这里念经济
He’s a grad student out of Yale, came over here to study economics.
所以他们想以间谍罪起诉这孩子
So, they’re making noises about trying this kid for espionage.
重罪 死刑
Grave offense, capital crime.
沃格联络我们 说他代表普莱尔
Vogel got in touch with us, said he represents Pryor.
等等 沃格代表 阿贝尔太太和这孩子
Wait a minute. Vogel represents Mrs. Abel and this kid?
是啊 他忙得很
Yeah, he’s busy.
所以 他是哪国人
So, what is he?
沃格是东德人还是苏联人
Vogel, is he East German or is he Russian?
你见他时再弄清楚吧
Try to figure it out when you meet him.
明天正午 东柏林 苏俄大使♥馆♥
Russian embassy, East Berlin, noon tomorrow.
霍夫曼会告诉你怎么去
Hoffman will show you how to get there.
告诉我怎么去 会有人保护我吧
Show me how to get there? I’m gonna have an escort.
对吧
Right?
本来是这么计划 但就像我说的 有小麻烦
That was the plan but like I said, there’s a wrinkle.
我不会带你去 已经决定了
I won’t be taking you. Decision’s been made.
除非得到通知 任何美国政♥府♥人员不得通过边境
No U.S. government personnel are to cross the border until further notice.
-为什么 -太危险了
-How come? -It’s too dangerous.
东德人抓了这孩子
The East Germans grabbed this kid.
我们没料到这种意外
There’s a degree of impunity that we had not anticipated.
重点是东德和苏联的打算
The point is that the East German agenda and the Russian agenda…
可能不一样
may not be the same thing.
摸清楚他们的底细 按照计划
Try and figure it out and act accordingly.
试着达成协议 鲍尔换阿贝尔
Try to make a deal. Powers for Abel.
普莱尔这个大学生怎么办
What about this college kid, Pryor?
别被他们骗了
Don’t fall for that.
我们下次再救他出来 鲍尔才重要
We can get him out another time. Powers is the whole ball game.
你的房♥间在哪里
Where’s your room?
我会住在希尔顿饭店
I’ll be staying at the Hilton.
不远
It’s not far.
这是西柏林这里的电♥话♥
This is a number here in West Berlin.
记住以后还我
Memorize it and give it back to me.
不 我是说现在记
No. I mean, now.
苏联一直剪断国际电♥话♥线 但本地电♥话♥还能打
The Soviets keep cutting the international lines but local calls are okay.
日夜都会有人接
Someone will pick up day and night.
听好 你护照上的通行证
Now, this docket attached to your passport…
可以让你进出东德
will serve as your ticket into and out of the Eastern Soviet sector.
和沃格的会面是明天正午
The meeting with Vogel is set for noon tomorrow.
去东德只剩几条路
There are only a few routes left to the East.
搭S线 我们带你进来的那个车站
You take the S-Bahn, the station we showed you on the way in.
在腓特烈大街这里下车
You’re gonna get off at the Friedrichstrasse station here…
走到这里 菩提树下大道上的 苏联♥大♥使♥馆♥
and walk to the Soviet embassy on Unter den Linden here.
现在把地图记住 你不该带在身上
Look at the map now. You shouldn’t take it with you.
需要看地图的人 就是美国人 就是间谍
You’re looking at a map, you’re an American, you’re a spy.
可能会被拘留
You could well be detained.
避免与人交谈
Just avoid interacting with people generally.
那不是你的地盘 所以不要引人注目