你摧毁了我与你孩子们的友谊
and now you expect me to go begging on your behalf?
现在你指望我替你去求情?
There’s no one else I can ask.
没人可以帮我了
Even if I were to agree,
即使我同意的话
what makes you think Sebastian would take any notice of me?
何以见得Sebastian会听我的建议呢?
Because he cared for you more than he ever cared for anyone else.
因为在这世界上 他最在乎的是你
All I ever wanted was to see them safe.
我想要看见他们平平安安的
And all they do is hate me.
而他们却恨我
I’ll be at Brideshead.
我在布赖兹赫德庄园
You may send word to me there.
你可以捎信去那
Driver!
司机!
Driver!
司机!
I’m looking for Sebastian Flyte.
我要找Sebastian Flyte
This is his house.
这是他的房♥子
Who are you? – I’m his friend.
你是谁? – 我是他朋友
In the local hospital.
他在当地医院
When you see him,
看见他的时候
tell him I’m still here.
告诉他 我还在这
DR. Your friend has got the grippe.
你朋友得了流行性感冒
One of his lungs is full of fluid.
他的一只肺充满了流质
He will recover. But travel with you? Not a chance.
他会痊愈的 但和你长途跋涉? 不行
He’s very weak. No resistance.
他很虚弱 没有抵抗力
What do you expect? He is an alcoholic.
能指望什么? 他是个酒鬼
Here is your friend.
你朋友来了
What the hell are you doing here?
你来这干嘛?
Your mother asked me to come.
你妈妈让我来的
She wants me to bring you back home,
她想让我带你回家
but the doctor said it’s out of the question for you to travel.
但医生说你绝对不能跋涉
I wouldn’t, even if I could.
即使可以 我也不会回去
I think…
我想…
I think she’s dying.
我想她快死了
Walk with me. I’m meant to exercise.
和我走走 我要锻炼一下
Did you go to my house?
你去我的房♥子了?
Did you meet Kurt?
你见到Kurt了?
Yes.
是的
He wanted you to know he was waiting for you.
他想让你知道他在等你
It’s rather a pleasant change,
这倒是个相当可喜的变化
when all your life you’ve had people looking after you,
从周围的人都在照顾你
to have someone to look after, yourself.
到得自己照顾自己的转变
I thought you’d want to go back to Brideshead one day.
我想你总有一天想回布赖兹赫德庄园的
Brideshead?
布赖兹赫德庄园?
Are you mad?
你疯了吗?
The place would still be full of her.
那地方还是以她为中心
I wouldn’t go within a hundred miles of the place.
我不会接近那个地方的
I need to sit.
我要坐下
I’m sorry.
对不起
Whatever for?
为了什么?
Everything.
每件事
It’s all right.
没关系
Truly.
真的
I asked too much of you.
过去我对你要的过多了
I knew it all along, really.
我早就知道了 真的
Only God can give you that sort of love.
只有上帝能给予你那种爱
Come home, Sebastian.
回家吧 Sebastian
When you’re well enough.
当你好点的时候
Don’t finish it like this.
别像这样过完一生
This is my life now.
现在这就是我的生活了
I’m happy here.
我在这很开心
I miss you.
我想你
How sweet of you to say that.
你这么说真体贴
Dear Charles,
亲爱的Charles
it was my fault for bringing you to Brideshead.
我不该把你带到布赖兹赫德来
Run away.
快走吧
Run far away and don’t ever look back.
走得越远越好 不要留恋
I’m sorry.
对不起
You must be so proud of him.
你一定为他感到骄傲
Was he away long? – Two years,
他去有多长时间了? – 走了两年了
and it doesn’t feel like a day.
却感觉还没有一天长
Hello, Charles.
你好 Charles
Did you know I was on the boat?
你知道我在船上吗?
If I said no, you wouldn’t believe me.
就算我说不知道 你也不会信啊
You’re married now.
你已经结婚了
Yes.
是
You haven’t changed at all. – Neither have you.
你一点儿都没变 – 你也是
How ridiculous. – Yes, isn’t it?
多可笑啊 – 可不是吗
Tell me this is fate.
告诉我这是命运
What? – Nothing.
怎么了? – 没事儿
Tell me.
说吧
I was thinking about Sebastian.
我在想Sebastian
Mummy died without ever seeing him again.
妈妈生前再没见过他
I know.
我知道
Let’s go up on deck.
咱们去甲板上吧
Are you sure? – They’re all asleep! Come on!
确定? – 他们都睡着呢!快来!
(JULIA大笑)
Come on!
快来!
(轻声笑)
Sorry.
抱歉
So where’s Rex? – I drowned him.
Rex在哪儿? – 我把他淹死了
Forgive me, Rex!
原谅我 Rex!
Lady Julia, fancy meeting you here.
Julia女士 很高兴在这儿见到你
Mr. Ryder. – Could I possibly get you a drink?
Ryder先生 – 我能请你喝一杯吗?
Dry martini, please.
马提尼 谢谢
One dry Martini, one whiskey with water.
一杯马提尼 一杯加水威士忌
Please, allow me.
请允许我
So, why did you marry Rex?
你为什么嫁给Rex?
I don’t know. Because he wasn’t you.
我不知道 因为他不是你
Because he was rich. – Because he was Catholic.
因为他很有钱 – 因为他是天主教♥徒♥
Because Mummy approved, God rest her soul.
因为妈妈同意 她去世了
I thought he was my painted savage.
他就是个衣冠楚楚的野蛮人
It turns out he was thoroughly up to date.
而且是最新最华丽的衣冠
Thank you.
谢谢
Now, no more talk about Rex. He’s in England.
现在 别再提Rex了 他在英国
Do you have children? – No.
你有孩子吗? – 没有
No.
没有
What will you tell your wife? – Wait until London.
你要怎么跟你夫人说? – 到伦敦再说吧
I have a viewing to arrange. I’ll sort it out. It’ll be fine.
我有个画展要举办 我会处理好 不会有问题的
Where shall we go? – Somewhere abroad, like Daddy.
我们去哪儿? – 去国外吧 像爸爸那样
What about Italy? Capri? – Antibes.
意大利怎么样? 卡普里岛? – 安提布
Seville. – Verona.
塞维尔 – 维罗纳
Paris. – Brideshead.
巴黎 – 布赖兹赫德
No! – Why not?
不要! – 为什么?
It’s the loveliest place on earth. – I can’t go back there.
那是世上最好的地方 – 我不能回去
Not after this. – Nonsense.
尤其在发生这些以后 – 没理由啊
We’ve nothing to apologize for. – No.
我们不需要向任何人道歉 – 不是的
Besides, Rex is there.
而且Rex也在那儿
Leave it to me. I’ll settle things with Rex.
交给我吧 我会处理好Rex
I’ll settle everything.
我会处理所有事儿
Trust me.
相信我
(JULIA笑声)
I do.
我相信
And stop worrying! – I will.
别再担心了! – 不担心了
Good afternoon, ma’am. – Lovely day.
下午好 夫人 – 天气真好
Mr. And Mrs. Ryder.
Ryder夫妇
Look, that’s the Duke and Duchess of Clarence.
看 那是Clarence公爵夫妇
They want to buy one! – How very gracious of them.
他们准备买♥♥一幅! – 他们真慷慨
Make an effort, Charles. I’ve got you the cream of Mayfair.
努把力Charles 我让你尝到上流社会的甜头了
Mrs. Ryder, good day.
Ryder夫人 天气真好
Charles, how charming you look.
Charles 你看上去真有魅力啊
Anthony.
Anthony啊
I heard, quite by chance, at a luncheon, that you were having an exhibition.
一次午宴中 我无意间听说您要办展览
So, of course, I dashed impetuously to the shrine to pay homage.
于是就迫不及待来此圣地向您致敬
Where are the pictures?
您的画作在那儿呢?