“Why this is hell, nor am I out of it.”
“为何这里是地狱 而我没有离开”
Sebastian, if I’ve ever done anything… – It’s not you.
Sebastian 如果我做了任何… – 不关你的事
It’s me.
是我自己的问题
For God’s sake, do stop mooning at me like a great big cow!
看在老天份上 别像看母牛一样盯着我
I’m fine.
我没事
I’m fine so long as I’ve got plenty of this.
只要有酒喝我就没事
I want you to know that whatever happened in Venice,
你得知道 不管在威尼斯发生了什么
I’m not in your mother’s gang, if that’s what you think.
我不是你妈那伙人中的 如果你那么认为的话
I’m on your side.
我是站在你这边的
Contra mundum.
对抗全世界
Dear Charles,
亲爱的Charles
you’re not in anybody’s gang.
你独善其身 不与任何人乌合
That’s always been your problem.
是你一直有的问题
Why are you going on the hunt? I thought you detested hunting.
为什么你要去打猎? 我原以为你讨厌打猎的
I do.
我确实讨厌
I’m going to leave Bridey at the first covert,
在第一个草丛那我就会离开Bridey
hack over to the nearest pub, and spend the whole day drinking.
骑马去最近的酒吧 在那喝上一天的酒
If they treat me like a dipsomaniac,
如果他们当我是个嗜酒狂
they can bloody well have a dipsomaniac.
那家里就真的得出现个嗜酒狂
Well, they can’t stop you.
他们阻止不了你
They can, as a matter of fact,
事实上 他们可以
by not giving me any money. They’ve stopped my bank account.
不给我一分钱就可以 他们已经冻结了我的银行账户
I’ve pawned my watch and cigarette case.
我已经典当了手表和烟盒
That lasted for a bit,
当来的钱只能撑一段时间
but that’s all gone now.
现在都花光了
So, regretfully…
很抱歉…
Sebastian, I can’t do that.
Sebastian 我不能那么做
I thought you were on my side. – I am.
我以为你站在我这边的 – 是的
Well, then.
那么
Look, why don’t I come with you?
不如我和你一起吧?
It’s miserable drinking alone.
一个人喝酒很痛苦的
We could get drunk together, like we used to.
我们可以一起喝醉 就像以前那样
No.
不行
I’m past all that.
过去的事不提了
Thanks for the offer.
谢谢你的提议
Well?
呃?
Are you with me or against me?
你是支持我还是反对我?
Little bit further up on the shoulder, though.
这边肩膀有点高了
Sarah, look.
Sarah 看
Sort of up here.
这里有点高了
Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure to announce,
女士们先生们 在生日庆典前
on top of the birthday festivities,
我很高兴地向大家宣布
the engagement of my eldest daughter, the Lady Julia Flyte
我的长女Julia Flyte小姐
to Mr. Rex Mottram.
与Rex Mottram订下婚约
Yes, it’s marvelous, isn’t it.
是的 很华丽 不是吗?
Thank you, Charles. I’d love to dance. – Cordelia.
谢谢你 Charles 我很想跳舞 – Cordelia
Cordelia, I’m… – Come along!
Cordelia 我… – 过来啊!
Charles? – Hmm?
Charles? – 嗯?
I hope you don’t mind me asking, but modern art,
希望你别介意我这么问 但现代艺术…
it is all bosh, isn’t it? – Yes, it’s all bosh.
是胡说八道 对吧? – 是的 都是胡说八道
Good. I thought so.
很好 我想也是如此
Get a grip, Charles!
来点劲呀 Charles!
Rex! Rex, I need a better dancer.
Rex! Rex 我要个好一点的舞伴
Yours for five minutes and no more.
最多跟你跳五分钟
Come along. – Okay.
来啊 – 好的
You’re rather tall, aren’t you?
你很高 不是吗?
Is that a handicap?
这有妨碍吗?
Why didn’t you tell me?
为什么你不告诉我呢?
It’s not Sebastian. I don’t believe that.
不管Sebastian的事 我不相信
Charles, I can’t do this.
Charles 我不能这么做
When we kissed… – Please, stop!
当我们接吻时… – 拜托 别说了!
Why? It was wonderful.
为什么? 那感觉很妙啊
I know.
我知道
I think about it all the time.
我一直都在回想
I have no choice.
我别无选择
Oh, Sebastian. – Never mind.
哦 Sebastian – 不用担心
Oh, Charles. – Don’t!
哦 Charles – 别!
Come along, old boy. – I don’t want your help.
过来 老弟 – 我不需要你的帮助
You’re in tweed, Sebastian. This is a ball.
你穿着花昵衣服呢 Sebastian 这里是舞会
Bugger off, Bridey. You’re worse than wet.
滚开 Bridey 你不是好东西
You see… what it is…
你们瞧见了…这究竟…
I hate you all so very much!
我是如此憎恨你们这些人!
Sebastian. – Get off me!
Sebastian – 放开我!
You don’t care about me!
你不在乎我!
All you ever wanted was to sleep with my sister!
你一直想的不过是和我妹妹上♥床♥!
Okay, Sebastian, that’s enough.
好了 Sebastian 够了 别说了
All right. I’m going.
好吧 我走了
Charles,
Charles啊
did you give Sebastian money today?
你今天给Sebastian钱了吗?
Yes, I did.
是的 我给了
Knowing how he was likely to spend it?
知道他会怎么花吗?
Yes.
知道
I don’t understand.
我不明白
How could you be so nice in so many ways,
你在各方面都很好
and then do something so wantonly cruel?
怎么可以做出如此放纵残酷的事?
We all liked you so much. I don’t understand how we deserved it.
我们都很喜欢你 我不明白怎么会得到如此回报
Do you think it’s better to make him feel like a criminal?
你觉得让他感觉像个罪犯一样更好吗?
Having him watched every second of the day?
让他无时无刻地被人监视着?
But you deliberately helped him to drink.
但你蓄意帮他酗酒
You’re the reason he drinks,
你才是他喝酒的原因
not me.
不是我
All I did was
我所做的是
try to give him a little freedom.
试着给予他一点点自♥由♥
No, you just wanted him to like you. You’re so desperate to be liked.
不 你只是想让他喜欢你 你不顾一切地想要被人喜欢
I think you should leave now, Charles.
我想你现在该走了 Charles
四年后
Hello, there. Would you like me to hold the ladder?
你好 要我替你扶着梯子吗?
Yes, thanks.
好啊 谢谢
I’m Celia Mulcaster, by the way.
对了 我是Celia Mulcaster
Charles Ryder.
我是Charles Ryder
I saw your paintings in the brochure and thought how charming they looked.
我在册子里看到了你的画 觉得它们真好看
No need to look so gloomy.
没必要看上去这么忧郁呀
If I had half your talent, I’d be delirious.
如果能有你一半的天赋 我都要乐疯了
You can thank me, if you want.
你可以谢谢我 如果你想要道谢的话
Thank you.
谢谢你
Would you like me to buy something now?
要不要我现在就买♥♥下什么?
Silent and grave, and then “pop,” mouse is dead.
沉默阴郁 然后”砰”的一声 老鼠死了
Charles. – Lady Marchmain.
Charles – Marchmain女士
Thank you, Father.
谢谢你 爸爸
I’m so glad your son didn’t die of his injuries.
很高兴你儿子没有受伤而死
Please, sit down.
请坐
I’m fine, thank you.
不用 谢谢
How did you know where I lived?
你怎么打听到我的住址的?
My driver found you.
我的司机找到你的
The Ryders of Paddington are limited in number.
帕丁顿叫Ryder的人不多
I hear you have your first exhibition at the Royal Academy.
听说你在皇家学院 举办了你的首次展览啊
Congratulations.
祝贺你
I’m sure you’re not here to ask me how I am.
你肯定不是来这问我的情况的
No. The last time we saw each other, it’s true I spoke rather harshly.
对 上次相见时 我说话肯定很尖刻
I’m not here to apologize. What I said, I meant.
我不是来这道歉的 我那时说的话 就是我要表达的意思
I took you into my confidence, and you betrayed me.
我把你当作知心人 你却背叛了我
I do hope you’re not asking me to agree with you.
希望你不是来要我赞同你的
I act only as God directs. – Rubbish.
我只是行使上帝的指示 – 鬼话
God’s your best invention. Whatever you want, he does.
上帝是你的最佳发明 你想要什么 他就做什么
I am not here to argue with you. – Good. I’m glad to hear it.
我不是来和你争吵的 – 很好 很高兴听到你这么说
The reason I called was to ask you a favor.
我来拜访的原因是想让你帮个忙
A favor?
帮个忙?
Sebastian’s gone missing. He’s in a house in Morocco.
Sebastian失踪了 他待在摩洛哥的一间房♥子里
I’m worried about him. I need you to bring him back.
我很担心他 我要你把他带回来
You banish me from your house,
你将我撵出了你家
you poison my friendship with both your children