I can’t stand the place.
那地方我简直就不能待
Be an angel and light me one.
麻烦你帮我点根烟
There you are, at last!
你还是来了!
I thought you were dying. – I thought I was, too.
我还以为你要死了 – 我也这么认为
The pain was excruciating.
这痛的实在是太折磨人了
Julia, ask wilcox to fetch us some champagne.
Julia 叫wilcox给我们拿点香槟来
I hate champagne. – For our guest.
我讨厌香槟 – 为了我们的客人 别这样
Well, take your coat off. You’ll boil.
把你的外套脱了吧 一会你会热死的
Come along, Charles.
过来 Charles
I thought you hated champagne.
我还以为你讨厌香槟
I do.
是的
I suppose Sebastian’s told you all about us?
我想关于我们的事 Sebastian都和你说了吧?
No. No, nothing at all, as a matter of fact.
不 事实上一点也没说
And nor should I.
我不能说
What?
什么?
I take it you’re not one of us? – Don’t answer.
我猜你和我们都不一样? – 别回答
I don’t live like this, if that’s what you mean.
我不住在这样的地方 如果你是说这个的话
She means you’re not a Catholic.
她是说你不是天主教♥徒♥
Sorry, no. No, nothing at all.
对不起 我不是 什么都不是
You mean you’re an atheist? – Well, yes, I suppose.
你是说你是无神论者? – 是的 我想是
Strictly speaking, we’re C of E,
严格来说 我们信奉英国国教
but Father only ever goes for Christmas and funerals.
但父亲只会圣诞和葬礼时去教堂
He likes those.
他喜欢那些
What about your mother? – She’s dead.
你母亲呢? – 她过世了
I was very young.
我那时很小
She died working for the Red Cross.
她在为红十字工作时去世了
Which, given her devotion to good,
她致力于做好事
does rather point up the arbitrariness of it all.
比强调肆意妄为好
I see. So, you’re here arbitrarily?
我知道了 那你就在此肆无忌惮?
He’s here as my friend.
他是作为我朋友来这
Given Mr. Ryder’s staunch position on religion,
鉴于Ryder先生宗教上的坚定
don’t you think he ought to know what he’s getting into?
你不觉得应该让他知道他处境吗?
Leave Charles out of it.
别管Charles
Tell me. – Oh, God.
告诉我 – 哦 天啊
Mummy takes her faith very seriously, indeed.
事实上 妈妈对她的信仰非常严格
So seriously, in fact, that our fat little priest, Father Mackay,
事实上 非常严格 以至于 我们那矮胖的牧师Mackay神父
called her a living saint.
称她是活圣女
Mind you, he drinks.
听着 他喝酒
Sebastian and I are a couple of heathens.
Sebastian 和我是对异教♥徒♥
I’m not a heathen, I’m a sinner. Cast out from God’s love.
我不是异教♥徒♥ 我是名罪人 不受神之爱的眷顾
As for you, you’re not a heathen at all, not really.
而你 你完全不是异教♥徒♥ 不是真正的异教♥徒♥
Why do we always end up talking about family?
为什么我们总要谈家庭?
It’s time for my bath.
我该洗澡了
Good evening, Mr. Ryder. Look after my brother.
晚安 Ryder先生 好好照顾我哥哥
I don’t think your sister likes me very much.
我觉得你妹妹不太喜欢我
I don’t think she cares for anyone much.
我觉得她对谁都这样
I love her.
我爱她
She’s like me.
她像我
Drink in remembrance of me.
喝 为纪念我
Hang on.
抓紧
In fact, I know that that’s checkmate.
事实上 我知道那是将死
Come here.
来
If only it could be like this always.
如果总能这样
Always summer.
总是夏天
Always alone.
总是独处
Fruit always ripe.
总有水果
Cheers.
干杯
Now,
现在
Try this.
尝下这个
No? – It’s a shy little wine. Like a gazelle.
不喜欢? – 这酒一点小涩 像条小羚羊
Like a leprechaun. – Dappled in a tapestry meadow.
像个妖精 – 如在繁花似锦的草地上轻舞
A flute by still water.
静水中的长笛
This is a wise old wine.
这是瓶成年老酒
A prophet in a cave.
洞中的预言家
And this
这瓶
is a string of pearls on a white neck.
如雪白长颈上的一串珍珠
A swan. – The last unicorn.
一只天鹅 – 最后一只独角兽
Who’s that?
那是谁?
Is that your brother? – Yes, that’s Bridey.
你哥哥吗? – 是的 是Bridey
He seems all right to me. – Wait till you meet him.
他看起来不错 – 等你见到就知道了
Mother.
母亲
Hello, there.
喂 那边的
Go away, we’re not decent!
走开 我们还没穿好!
Mummy’s here. – We know.
妈妈到了 – 我们知道
She’s invited Charles to dinner.
她邀请Charles进餐
It’s not what we agreed upon, Sebastian,
这可不是圣诞节你受罚时
when we talked about this at Christmas, when you came down.
我们所定的协议Sebastian
It’s no use crying, darling. That’s just childish.
没必要哭 亲爱的 这只显出你的孩子气
That’s not going to help, is it?
这方法不管用了 不是吗?
You see, darling, whatever yesterday’s sins,
你瞧 亲爱的 不管昨日犯下什么罪
we must all pray for God’s forgiveness.
我们都要祈求上帝的原谅
So now, you try and try again now.
所以 现在你不断尝试
Be a good boy. For God and for Mummy.
为上帝和妈妈 做个好孩子
Now, just put your shirt on now.
现在把衣服穿上
Dining room’s this way.
餐厅在这边
Is Sebastian all right? He seemed upset.
Sebastian没事吧? 他看起来很苦恼
Oh.
哦
He and Mummy often have these talks.
他和妈妈经常有这样的对话
Flannels for dinner? Very bold, Mr. Ryder.
穿法兰绒进餐? 非常大胆啊 Ryder先生
Will your mother mind? – Yes, she’ll be appalled.
你妈妈不会介意吧? – 会 她会很惊恐
No, don’t worry. She’ll be understanding.
不 别担心 她会理解的
Do you often do that? – What?
你常这样? – 怎样?
Say one thing, mean another? – Yes and no.
含沙射影? – 是也不是
Thank you.
谢谢
Amen. – Amen.
阿门 – 阿门
Welcome to Brideshead, Mr. Ryder. I’ve been hearing all about you.
欢迎您到布赖兹赫德庄园Ryder先生 我听说过你的事了
I do hope you didn’t let Sebastian call you away in too much of a rush.
我衷心希望Sebastian让你来时 走得不太急
I’m afraid I didn’t quite have time to pack the right things.
我恐怕 我的确没时间收拾行李
Sebastian must lend you some clothes while you’re here.
你在的这期间 Sebastian必得借你些衣物
Or perhaps Bridey’s a better fit.
或者Bridey的衣服更适合你
Are you a Bridey or a Sebastian, Mr. Ryder?
你是Bridey型还是Sebastian型 Ryder先生?
He can’t borrow Bridey’s clothes. Bridey dresses like a bank clerk.
他不能穿Bridey的衣服 Bridey的衣服穿起来像银行职员
Don’t be vulgar, Cordelia. Vulgar is not the same as funny.
别这么粗鲁Cordelia 粗鲁可不可笑
I hope you’ve been looked after properly, Ryder.
希望我们家对你招待得当 Ryder
Has Sebastian been seeing to the wine?
Sebastian有没招待你喝酒?
Yes. Sebastian’s been seeing to the wine.
嗯 Sebastian招待过了
Delighted to hear it.
很好
You’re fond of wine? – Yes, very.
你喜欢喝酒? – 是的 非常喜欢
I wish I were. It’s such a bond with other men.
我也希望我喜欢 酒让男人之间关系密切
At Christ Church, I tried to get drunk more than once, but I didn’t enjoy it.
在基♥督♥教堂 我不止一次尝试喝酒 但就是提不起兴致
What do you enjoy, Bridey?
你喜欢什么 Bridey?
Hunting, shooting,
打猎 射击
fishing.
钓鱼
And what form do your pleasures take, Mr. Ryder?
你有什么消遣方式Ryder先生?
Sorry, pleasures? – Your hobbies.
抱歉 快乐? – 你的嗜好
What do you do to relax? – He drinks.
你用什么办法来放松? – 他喝酒
Drinking is not a hobby, Sebastian.
喝酒不是嗜好Sebastian
You live in London, is that correct? – Yes.
你住在伦敦 是吗? – 是的
Whereabouts? – Paddington.
在哪? – 帕丁顿
You live in a railway station?
你住在火车站?
No, no. Sorry. No, I live nearby.
不不 抱歉 不 我住附近
I see.
知道了
And has this led to an interest in trains?
这样会不会导致你对火车有兴趣呢?
No.
不会
So, are you close with Sebastian’s crowd?
那你和Sebastian的朋友们关系密切吗?
Not really.
也不如其然
With Anthony Blanche? – We’re acquainted.
和Anthony Blanche? – 只是点头之交
Charles is a painter, Mummy.
Charles是位画家 妈妈
How charming.
多可爱
We must get you to paint something for us.
我们得让你给我们画点什么