Dr. Khan. Ah, hello, Dr. Khan.
卡恩医生 你好 卡恩医生
Paddy.
派迪
Robin.
罗宾
This really is quite something.
这也太了不起了吧
Jammy bastard.
你真是走了狗屎运啊
What in God’s name is that?
这到底是什么玩意
Did you give permission for
你让这种怪异装置进到我的病房♥
this contraption to be brought into my ward?
经过我的允许了吗
Well, actually, sir, Mr. Cavend…
医生 实际上…
It’s hard enough for our patients
我们的病人光是接受
to accept the conditions of their lives
自己的身体状况就已经很艰难了
without raising false hopes
为什么还要燃起错误的希望
that can only leave them more dissatisfied.
这只会让他们更加不满
Now, where you come from,
在你的家乡
it may be common practice to play games with people’s lives.
人们可能习惯了拿生命开玩笑
Here it is not.
但在这里不行
Is that understood?
明白吗
Good.
很好
It was lovely to see you, Dr. Entwistle.
很高兴见到你 恩特威斯尔医生
Oh… That man’s a pompous idiot.
真是个自以为是的笨蛋
You must want to smack him.
你肯定很想揍他
Believe me, I’m used to it.
相信我 我已经习惯了
You’d think he’d want to
你不会觉得 他也想
get chairs like this for all his patients.
给他的病人都配这种椅子吗
Well, Paddy, looks like you owe me a fiver.
派迪 看来你要欠我五块钱了
Not so quick, pal.
话别说这么早 兄弟
You could drop off your perch tomorrow.
说不定你明天就摔下来了
Is it safe, Doctor?
这个安全吗 医生
I don’t know, Paddy.
我也不太清楚 派迪
I’ve never seen anything like this before.
我从未见过这样的东西
Goes five miles an hour
就算在强风中逆行
with a strong wind behind you.
一小时也能走五英里
I’d advise waiting a little while longer. Test its limits.
我建议再观察一段时间 做些实验
Yes, quite right. Let me find the breaking point for it.
好啊 让我来测试一下这玩意的极限
No, we’re not going to test Robin until he breaks.
不行 我们不能拿罗宾做实验
Well, actually, that’s exactly what we’re doing.
实际上 我们现在不就是在实验吗
You’re doing better than all his other patients.
你比其他病人恢复得都要好
That’s what he said.
他是这么说的
Poor old Paddy, though.
就是可怜了老派迪了
I wish we could somehow break him out, too.
要是能帮他也越狱就好了
It isn’t kind to let them out like that.
让他们这样出去不太好吧
On the street, where everyone can see.
就这样在大街上 大家都看得见呢
Believe me, ladies, my distress is far greater than yours.
相信我 女士们 我比你们更痛苦呢
Bloggs told me the other day
布洛格斯前几天跟我说
that all our friends were convinced that I’d give up on you.
他们之前都以为 我会放弃你
Apparently, they saw me as some kind of pampered nitwit.
很显然 他们以为我是那种娇生惯养的傻妞呢
Well, you were a pampered nitwit.
你确实是个娇生惯养的傻妞呢
Oh, was I?
真的吗
Well, it didn’t stop you running after me, did it?
那你为啥还一直追求我
Well, no, I’ve got nothing against nitwits
噢 因为我对傻妞没意见
as long as they’re pretty.
只要长得好看就行
Well, you’re stuck with me now.
反正你现在跟我绑在一起了
Yeah, I suppose I am. Mmm.
是啊 我想也是
Just think, all those affairs I could have had.
只是想想 我本来还能有很多艳遇呢
And me.
那我呢
It’s not too late for you.
你还有机会呢
Isn’t it?
是吗
What, and come back and find you’ve popped off while I was out?
然后回家 发现你已经一命呜呼了吗
That would rather spoil the party, wouldn’t it?
那就太扫兴了 对吧
Yes, it would.
是啊
Hold on.
等一下
Look. I found Daddy.
看 我找到爸爸了
That’s Daddy when he was a soldier.
那是爸爸当兵时候的照片
Was he a soldier?
爸爸当过兵吗
Yes, he was.
是啊 他当过
And then this is us when we were in Africa.
然后这是我们在非洲的时候
That’s where you were born. And what are those?
你就是在那里出生的 看看这是什么
Elephants.
大象
They’re elephants.
是大象呢
You saw elephants?
你们见过大象吗
Yes, we did.
是啊 我们见过
You’re so lucky.
你们可真幸运
Yes, we were.
是啊
Can we go to Africa one day, Daddy?
我们哪天能去非洲吗 爸爸
I’m so sorry.
我很抱歉
Me, too.
我也是
Right, I’d better sort out tea.
对了 我得赶快去泡茶了
Can we go to Africa, please, Daddy?
我们能去非洲吗 爸爸
Wouldn’t that be an adventure?
那一定会是场奇妙的冒险
I could push you.
我可以推你过去
Rather a long way to push, J.
那得推好久呢 小乔
I don’t mind.
我不介意
Are you clever? Yes.
你聪明吗 是的
Can you prove it?
你能证明吗
Okay, maybe you are. Do you know what?
好吧 可能你确实很聪明 你知道吗
Maybe you are strong enough.
可能你也有那么强壮呢
Mummy. Yes?
妈咪 怎么了
This chair-pushing business.
推这个轮椅
Is it quite hard to do over long distances?
如果推很长距离 会不会特别难
Well, it’s harder than a pram, I can tell you.
比推婴儿车难多了
Oh…
哦…
Jonathan?
乔纳森
We’re going to have to do some thinking about this, aren’t we?
我们得仔细想想办法 是吗
As per your design, Mr. Cavendish.
按照你的设计 卡文迪许先生
Be nice.
友善点
Takes up to 300 pounds.
承重提高到三百磅
My God.
天哪
Hydraulic lifting mechanism.
运用了液压升举原理
You won’t see that in a Bedford anywhere else.
在贝德福德其他地方绝对看不到
What do you think?
你觉得怎么样
What is it?
怎么了
It’s a little dark in the back.
后面有点暗
I feel rather like luggage is the only thing.
我感觉自己像个行李一样
I just thought…
我只想到…
Being as the wheelchair has to be got in,
得把轮椅弄进来
the back seemed…
后面看起来是有点…
Yes. Yes.
是啊
Have you sat in the back?
你坐过后面吗
Me? Well, no.
我吗 还没有
But, then I’m not, um…
是因为 我不是 呃…
I’m not…
我不是…
Uh…
呃…
You’re not luggage, are you?
你不是行李 对吧
Please don’t think I’m not grateful. I truly am.
请不要误会 我不是不感激 我真的很感激
You want to sit in the front?
你想坐前面吗
I don’t think that’s possible, is it?
我觉得那不太可能吧 不是吗
I suppose if I took out the front seat…
我想如果把前座拆掉的话…
Wait for me! Wait for me!
等等我 等等我
Careful!
小心点
Hi, there, little one. Ought to be shot.
嘿 看着点 小家伙 小心被射到
Robin’s amazing, isn’t he?
罗宾真神奇 不是吗
It’s not a bore.
他让一切都变有趣了
I feel I can talk to you, Robin.
我感觉我能跟你说真心话 罗宾
Mum, Mum, I’m going in to bat.
妈妈 我要去击球了
Oh, are you? Brilliant. You go get them.
是吗 太棒了 快去给他们点颜色瞧瞧
Good luck, Jonathan. Go on. Thanks, Mum.
祝你好运 乔纳森 谢了 妈妈
Lucy walked out a month ago now.
露西已经走了一个月了
It’s been a long time coming, I suppose.
接下来一定会很难熬 我想
Rory, I’m so sorry. That’s rather rough on you.
罗里 我很抱歉 你肯定很难受
Life’s a shitty business, isn’t it?
生活就是这么操蛋 不是吗