Just to look foolish? No, tone up the tummy.
就为了冒傻气吗 这是锻炼腹部的
Mary looks rather fantastic.
玛丽看起来好厉害
Move your hips, darling. That’s it.
动起来 亲爱的 就是这样
This is all it is? Is this the point of it?
就这样玩吗 这就是它的作用吗
You’re just kind of undulating for fun.
就是为了好玩 摇来摇去吗
You don’t want a flabby tummy.
为了减肚子啊
Without anyone else joining you.
而且没有同伴
Just solo undulation.
就一个人摇来摇去
Look at that. That’s it.
看看他 就这样
That’s it.
就这样
Are you all right?
你还好吗
Yes, that’s too much tennis.
没事 网球打太久了
You all right? Just too much tennis. That’s all.
真没事 就是网球打多了 仅此而已
You were rather good. That’s your fault.
你打的太好了 都怪你
Now the crown jester’s going to step in.
现在戏精之王要上台了
Need a drink.
我想喝点东西
It’s all in the legs.
要靠腿的力量
I’ll have another go. Let’s have another go.
我要再试一下 再试一下
Go. Are you all right?
开始 你还好吗
Me? Yes, fine.
我吗 我挺好啊
What’s the plan?
你接下来怎么办
I’ve asked Thomas to run me home
我让托马斯送我回家
because Don’s coming round to prod me again.
因为唐又要拿针戳我了
That’s good. He may want to give me a prod while he’s at it.
好的 也许他也该偶尔戳戳我
You sure you’re all right?
你真的没事吗
Yeah, it’s the pregnancy, isn’t it?
没事啊 孕期就是这样 对吗
It’s just making my joints ache. That’s all.
我只是关节痛 仅此而已
Is it? Oh, poor Robin.
是吗 可怜的罗宾
My joints are fine. It’s funny that, isn’t it?
我的关节好好的 真有趣 不是吗
That’s because I’m bearing most of the weight in this pregnancy.
因为孕期负重最多的人是我啊
Yes, you are. It’s true. Look, will you come with me?
是啊 确实如此 要不你陪我去吧
Oh, dear. No, I have my, well…
亲爱的 不行 我有…
I have my meeting tomorrow first thing in the morning,
我明天早上起来就要开会
so I was going to bunk here.
所以我今晚得住在这里
Colin.
科林
Colin.
科林
Colin.
科林
Colin. Sorry.
科林 不好意思
Sorry, old chap. I’m not…
抱歉 老兄 我不…
Sorry. I’m not feeling too good.
抱歉 我不太舒服
Well, you look ghastly.
你脸色很难看啊
Arm’s giving me some gyp.
我的手臂好疼
Let me help you.
我来扶你
Lift your right arm.
抬起你的右臂
Left arm.
左臂
Legs.

I can’t move. I can’t move. What’s going on?
我动不了 我动不了 怎么回事
Get ice now.
去拿冰来
I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe.
我不能呼吸了 我不能呼吸了
He’s losing it! We have to get him on a respirator!
他不行了 我们得给他上呼吸机
Robin? We have to get oxygen into you somehow.
罗宾 我们必须让你吸入氧气
Looks like we’re gonna have to smash our way in.
看来需要在你身上切一道口子了
Don. Diana.
唐 戴安娜
How is he? He’s stable.
他怎么样了 情况稳定
He’s just coming round.
他刚醒来
Here we are.
就在这里
Hello, darling.
你好啊 亲爱的
The air can’t reach the larynx anymore.
气流无法到达喉咙
That’s why he can’t talk.
所以他说不了话
He says, “Bit of a bugger.”
他说 “有点麻烦”
You inhale the polio virus from droplets in the air.
小儿麻痹症病毒 通过空气飞沫传播
The same way you catch a cold.
就像感冒传染一样
It passes into the blood stream,
病毒会通过血液
into the central nervous system,
进入中枢神经系统
and attacks a big group of cells in the spinal cord.
对脊髓细胞发起猛烈的攻击
The result is you become like a rag doll.
结果人就成了个破布娃娃
You can’t move anything from the neck down.
颈部以下都不能动了
Can’t even breathe for yourself.
甚至无法自主呼吸
Right, and, um, how long will he be like this?
好吧 那这种状况还要持续多久
The paralysis is irreversible.
瘫痪是不可逆转的
A good respiration system will maintain life for a while.
呼吸机能在一段时间内延续他的生命
We’re talking a matter of months.
但也只是几个月
Tell me what we can do.
告诉我 我们能做什么
Do you want to go home?
你想回家吗
After the baby’s born.
等孩子出生以后吧
What about Robin?
罗宾怎么办
Him, too.
他也回家
You do know…
你知道…
I have seen enough people paralyzed by polio before.
我见过很多因为小儿麻痹症瘫痪的人
The mercy of it is they don’t last long.
上天仁慈 他们不需要受苦太久
It’s no kind of life, Diana.
那根本就不叫活着 戴安娜
Easy, now. Careful with the respirators.
轻点 小心呼吸机
That’s it. Keep slack in the tubes at all times, okay?
就是这样 始终保持管子放松
Good. Very gently. Very close now. Good.
很好 动作轻点 马上就好 很好
Let me get round. Lots of slack, gents.
我绕开一下 管子太多了
Diana.
戴安娜
Yes. Mrs. Cavendish.
来了 卡文迪许太太
Yes.
是的
I’m really sorry. This isn’t a good time.
很抱歉 现在不太方便
We’ve had to medicate your husband.
我们刚给你丈夫用过药
So perhaps you could come back tomorrow.
也许你可以明天再来
I don’t mind if he’s asleep. I’d just like to see him.
我不在意他睡着了 我就是想看一眼他
I don’t think that’s a good idea.
我觉得可能不太好
Your husband is going through a temporary depression.
你丈夫目前有些抑郁
But I’d still like to see him.
但我还是想见见他
I’m so sorry. He doesn’t want to see you.
很抱歉 他不想见你
Excuse me.
抱歉
There we are. Tid.
这里 蒂德
I can manage from now on.
接下来我自己来吧
It’s not fair to ask you to do this.
不该要求你做这些事
Well, I don’t see why not. All right.
为什么呢 好了
I looked after you when you were a baby, didn’t I?
你从小就是我在照顾 不是吗
The thing is, we’re not very well off, I’m afraid.
问题是 恐怕我们的日子会过的很紧
We’ve got some savings, but there’s not a lot coming in.
我们还有些存款 但没什么进账
Oh, you don’t need to worry about that.
你不用担心那个
Your family’s my family, really.
你的家就是我的家
It’s nice to be back. Come on.
我很高兴能回来 来吧
That’s it. Come on, little man.
走了 小宝贝
Off we go. Come on.
我们走
Me?

Me. He said “Me.”
我 他说 “我”
“Eh.” “Get.” Is the first word “Get”?
“要” 第一个词是”要”吗
Or “Let”?
还是”让”
“Let me lie”?
“让我躺着”
Well, he is lying.
他不正躺着吗
Sorry, Robin, you must think we’re awful chumps.
抱歉 罗宾 你一定觉得我们是大笨蛋
Let me die.
让我去死
“Let me die.”
“让我去死”
Talking to Robin
和罗宾说话
was rather like playing one of those ghastly party games
就像玩一个可怕的派对游戏
where you don’t know the rules.
还不知道规则是什么
It’s very clever of you to get him to say anything at all.
你们能让他开口说话 就已经很不容易了
Well, what he said was…
他说的是…
What he said was, “Let me die.”
他说的是 “让我去死”
Well, we can’t, can we?
但我们不能 对吧
You mean we can’t even think of such a thing
你是说我们不能有那样的想法
or we wouldn’t know how to do it?
还是说我们做不到
Both, I suppose.
两者都有吧
Well, it makes no odds, really.
其实也没什么区别
I had a sort of word with the consultant,
我和医生聊过几句

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!