Dear God!
天哪
Not a chance.
死心吧
And why not?
为什么要死心呢
She’s a famous heartbreaker.
她已经拒绝了很多追求者
Do you know her?
你认识她吗
No, but I know her brothers.
不认识 但我认识她的哥哥们
Don’t. Just stop it. I can’t look at you.
别说了 我都不想看你了
She’s gorgeous.
她真是太美了
Sorry! My fault. Sorry.
对不起 都怪我 对不起
So where are we going?
我们要去哪儿
I thought Maidenhead.
我打算去梅登黑德
I know a rather jolly pub by the river.
我知道河边有个很棒的酒吧
This doesn’t look like a jolly pub by the river.
这里不像什么河边的酒吧啊
No, we seem to have lost our way.
的确不是 我们好像迷路了
What a surprise.
我怎么就不意外呢
You can’t possibly marry him, Diana.
你不能嫁给他 戴安娜
He’s practically a stranger.
他基本就是个外地人
Is he stranger than us, do you think?
你觉得我们算本地人吗
Not much in it?
有什么差别吗
Has he got any money at all? No.
他有钱吗 没有
It’s not as if you don’t have other options.
你又不是没有别的选择
What about that Hugh? Didn’t he have a castle in Scotland?
那个休怎么样 他不是在苏格兰有个城♥堡♥吗
Mind you, who wants to live in Scotland?
不过提醒你 没人想住在苏格兰
Oh, do shut up. She’s talking about going
闭嘴吧 她现在要去肯尼亚了
to live in Kenya, for God’s sake.
看在上帝的份上
Don’t tell me to shut up.
不许叫我闭嘴
Diana?
戴安娜
Please stop going round and round and concentrate.
别一直转了 集中注意力
This is your future life we’re talking about.
我们讨论的可是你的未来
It’s your future happiness.
你未来的幸福
The thing is, I just know this is it.
关键是 我就是认定他了
You all right? I’m all right, darling.
你还好吗 我挺好的 亲爱的
Are you all right?
你还好吗
That’s the Milima Estate.
这个是米利马庄园
More subtle fragrance, but it hasn’t got the depth.
香气很微妙 但缺乏深度
Mmm. And what do you drink?
你喝的什么
Oh, I drink Nairobi Chai.
我喝的内罗毕香茶
But it’s too black for the home market.
但对于国内市场来说 颜色太深了
We don’t usually get wives
我们这种采买♥♥旅行
on these buying trips, Mrs. Cavendish.
很少会见到女眷啊 卡文迪许夫人
Oh, well, it’s Robin’s business.
这是罗宾的工作
I want to know about it.
我想了解一下
What is it you actually do out here, Robin?
说实在的 你是做什么的啊 罗宾
Well, I’m a tea broker.
我是茶叶代理商
Um, yes, I collect tea, and then I broke it, and…
我收集茶叶 然后倒卖♥♥出去…
Well, it’s very skilled work.
反正是个技术活儿
And what does Diana do while you’re off “Broking”?
那你出去跑业务的时候 戴安娜做什么
Well, she comes along.
她跟着去
My God, that’s almost indecent.
天哪 这可不太合常理
I like it. Really.
我很喜欢 真的
God gave men jobs to do
上帝让男人去工作
so women could have a little time to themselves.
就是为了让女人有点自己的时间
I like being with Robin.
我喜欢和罗宾待在一起
He really is quite bearable.
他真的很好相处
Well, I can’t see it myself.
我可看不出来
It’s all a complete mystery to me.
我真的完全想不明白
What Colin means is, how on earth did Robin manage to nab Diana?
科林的意思是 罗宾究竟是怎么追到戴安娜的
Ah! Yes, my God, we’d all like to know that.
没错 天哪 我们都想知道
Yes, I don’t know. How did you, darling?
我也不知道 亲爱的 你是怎么做到的呢
Do you hear that?
你们听到了吗
What? I don’t hear a thing.
什么 我什么都没听到
Yes, exactly.
没错 就是这样
It’s like the dawn of creation.
这里就像创世纪的黎明
You need faith to survive out here.
在这里 要靠信仰才能生存下去
Oh, how can you say that, Don?
唐 你怎么能这么说呢
And you a doctor.
你还是个医生
Well, I believe in the power of the mind.
我相信意念的力量
Did you hear about the prisoners on Kome Island?
你们听说过科梅岛上囚犯的事吗
During the Mau Mau rebellion?
矛矛党叛乱时的事
There were 60 of them, all crammed into a small tin hut.
他们有六十个人 全被关在一个铁皮小屋里
Prison officer wouldn’t let them out.
监狱长不放他们出来
Mau Mau leader said, “Very well,
矛矛党领袖说 “那好吧
I give my men permission to die.”
我批准我的党人去死”
Next morning, all 60 were dead.
第二天早上 六十个人全都死了
How?
怎么会呢
Mind power.
意念力
They chose to die.
他们选择了死亡
They turned their faces to the wall and died.
他们转过脸对着墙 然后就死了
Well, I think I would have chosen to live.
要是我的话 会选择活下去
Oh, I’ve got news. Oh, yeah?
我有个消息 什么
Yes, it’s a bit of a bugger actually.
其实有点麻烦
I’m never going to be able to have fun again.
我再也不能尽情玩乐了
Well, what is it?
什么消息啊
I’m going to have a baby.
我怀孕了
Somebody’s pleased.
某人很高兴
Yeah.
没错
Very pleased?
非常高兴吗
Best news I ever had.
这是我收到过的最好的消息了
Well, since I proposed and you said yes.
既然我求婚了 你也答应了
Well, you didn’t propose, though, did you?
可你还没有求婚呢 不是吗
Didn’t I? No.
我没有吗 没有
You said you had to get married before going out to Africa.
你说你必须在来非洲前结婚
Otherwise, you’d go native.
不然的话 你就得入乡随俗了
Yeah, that’s right.
是的 没错
You did say yes, though, didn’t you?
但是你答应了 是吗
Apparently, I did.
很显然 我答应了
Oh, dear. Oh, dear.
亲爱的 亲爱的
Never, ever have a baby. It’s a blunder, Col.
永远都别要孩子 超麻烦的 科尔
Thank you. Never.
谢谢 永远都不要
Robin thrashing Colin again? No.
罗宾又大胜科林了吗 不是
No. No?
真不是 居然不是
Come on. We’re going to be late.
快来 我们要迟到了
Yes! Game, Robin!
胜负难料啊 罗宾
Oh! Well!
太好了
Colin!
科林
Well done.
打得漂亮
I never thought I’d see the day.
我从没想过还能看到这一天
Well. It might be our time to break a sweat.
该轮到我们流点汗啦
Oh, God, here we go.
天哪 我们开始吧
I can’t quite believe it.
我真不敢相信
I can’t quite believe it, either.
我也不太敢相信
Thank you, Victor. See you at tea.
谢谢 维克多 下午茶见
Lovely job, Victor.
干得好 维克多
You’ve been practicing while I haven’t been looking.
你肯定是背着我偷偷练习了
I have. It was the first set
确实练了 这估计是我
I think I’ve ever had off you in my entire life.
这辈子第一次赢你
Come on. Fancy another one? Absolutely not.
来吧 想再来一场吗 绝对不要
I’m gonna quit while I’m still vaguely standing.
趁我现在还能站得住 赶快退出
God, I tell you what, this feels rather good.
天哪 我跟你说 这感觉真棒
Now I know what it’s been like to be you all these years.
现在我知道你这些年是什么感觉了
Oh, yeah, no. It is rather lovely, isn’t it?
是啊 真的很棒 不是吗
Look at this. What is going on over here?
快看 那边在干什么
Okay, what are these contraptions?
这些奇怪的玩意儿是什么
Mary, you are extraordinary.
玛丽 你真厉害
Goodness, Katherine.
天哪 凯瑟琳
Oh, Robin will be a natural, you’ll see.
罗宾会无师自通的 等着瞧吧
Never seen you like this.
从没见过你玩这个啊
What is this? What are you doing?
这是什么 你在干啥
You just imagine you’re jiving.
你就想象自己在跳舞
And what’s the purpose of this?
这是干什么的