Where have you been?
我去了教堂
I’ve been to the church.
什么 在半夜两点吗
What, at 2:00 in the morning?
山姆去世的时候 你病倒了 我不希望你这次再病倒
I don’t want you getting ill again… like you did when Sam died.
– 我只是去了教堂 – 这和教堂无关
– I said I’ve been to the church. – It’s nothin’ to do with the church.
你听到我说的了吗
Did you hear what I said?
听到了吗
Did you?
山姆去世的时候 你病倒了 我不希望你这次再病倒
I don’t want you to get ill again like you did when Sam died.
我和李察逊医生谈过了
I’ve had a word with Dr. Richardson. All right?
他明天可以见你
And… And he says he could see you tomorrow.
是吗
Oh, can he?
贝丝 你要进来吗
Bess, would you like to come in?
嘟嘟说我一定要来
Dodo said I had to come.
她觉得你应该接受治疗
She has this idea about me treating you.
前任医生几年前给你留下医嘱
My predecessor admitted you a few years ago.
为什么他要这么做
Uh, wh… why did he do that?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我也不知道
No, nor do I.
你因为哥哥去世而情绪低落
You were upset because your brother had died, and…
现在你丈夫受伤也使你情绪低落
now you’re upset because your husband’s ill.
这没什么不正常
Nothing unusual about that.
我要吃药吗
Am I not going to have some pills?
我和你的前任医生做法不同
I’m probably not like your old doctor.
你的情况是人之常情
I don’t think that people should be given pills…
我不认为需要服药
just because they do what’s only natural.
也许你的情绪宣泄只是反映你的境遇
Maybe showing what you feel isn’t the done thing from where you come from…
但这并不是疾病
but it’s certainly no disease.
他在钻井平台受伤全是我的错
What happened on the rig was my fault.
怎么会呢
How come?
我曾祈祷上帝送他回家
I prayed to God to send him home.
哇噢
Wow.
哇噢
Wow.
原来你拥有许愿神力啊
What powers you possess.
你真的
Come on. Do you really…
你真的相信自己拥有许愿神力吗
Do you really believe that you possess such powers?
我知道你们这些宗教信徒很相信自我
I know you people believe a lot about yourselves.
贝丝
Bess…
也许你该替自己难过 而不是为他伤心
perhaps you should do a bit of grieving for yourself instead of him.
如果愿意 你沮丧时可以再来找我
I think you should come and see me now and again if you feel like it.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
别这样
Come on.
当杨回家后 一切都会好起来的
Things will pick up once he gets home again.
♪ 祝你生日快乐 ♪
♪ Happy birthday to you ♪
♪ 压扁番茄拿来炖 ♪
♪ Squashed tomatoes and stew ♪
♪ 你看起来像只猴子 ♪
♪ You look like a monkey ♪
♪ 我们想那就是你 ♪♪
♪ And we thought it was you ♪♪
看看这个
Look at that.
非常特别
Special.
我帮你拆礼物好吗
Shall I open your present?
好
Yes.
– 真可爱 – 你的礼物
– Lovely. – Present.
你看到了吗
Can you see all right?
这是什么
What is it?
等着瞧好戏吧
Wait and see.
难以置信 你从哪里弄来的
I don’t believe it. Where did you get that?
– 从商店买♥♥的 – 这真是
– I got it in a shop. – That is…
这真是我所见过最愚蠢的玩意儿
That is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.
你看 它现在又不动了
Oh, look. It’s not doing anything now.
动呀 动呀
All right. Go on. Well, go on.
真可笑
That is just terrible.
好蠢 真的很蠢 就好像
How daft that is. Completely daft. Just like…
生日快乐 杨
Happy birthday, Jan.
谢谢
Thank you.
待会儿见
I’ll see you later.
你喜欢吗
Do you like it?
喜欢
Oh, yes. it’s…
它很 很有趣
It’s w… it’s nice.
我拿药给你
I’ll give you your pill.
好了吗
Okay?
多喝一口
Oh. One more drink.
够了吗
Okay?
够了 谢谢
Yeah. it went down. Thank you.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
我完蛋了 贝丝
I’m finished, Bess.
不会
No.
你可以私底下找个情人
You could take a lover without anybody noticing.
但你不能和我离婚
But you can’t divorce me.
他们绝不会让你离婚的
They’d never let you.
– 贝丝 – 不要说了
– Bess. – No. No.
你觉得我想离开你吗
Is that what you think I want?
你这个残废
You cripple!
你必须与你丈夫和好
You must make up with him.
夫妻之间需要彼此谈谈心事
A husband and wife have to be able to talk to each other.
他躺在病床上感到孤立无助
He’s the one who is helpless…
而现在正是你展示坚强一面的时候
and you’re the one who must show you’re strong.
回去告诉他 你为发火感到愧疚
Go to him, and tell him you are sorry you were angry.
你有上帝的依靠
You have God.
上帝也会在你的身上倾注信仰的力量
You have the strength your life in God has bestowed upon you.
但他却没有这样的力量
And that is a strength he does not possess.
糟了
Oh, no.
振作起来
Come on.
起来 振作起来
Come on, love. Be all right.
你不会有事的
That’s it. Come on. That’s it.
好了
That’s it.
一切都会好起来的
It’s all right, all right, all right.
她到底在想什么
Don’t know what she’s thinking of…
竟然留下你独自待在家中
going off leaving you like this.
你必须得承认
You must admit that she was…
我们刚结婚时她很快乐
she was happy when we got married.
婚姻使她绽放
She blossomed…
对吧
didn’t she?
我不能就躺在这里
I can’t just lie here.
现在想和她做♥爱♥也不行了
I can’t even make love to her.
她得离开这里
She’s gotta get out of here.
她得开始过新生活
She’s gotta get on with life.
帮助我释放给她自♥由♥
Help me set her free.
她会为你做任何事 杨
She’d do anything for you, Jan.
你很清楚这一点
You know that.
她从未考虑过自己
She doesn’t care anything about herself.
但她会为你做任何事
But she’d do anything for you.
只为看见你脸上的微笑
Just to see a smile on your face.
你明白吗
Do you understand me?
是的
Yeah.
我明白
Right.
谢谢你告诉我
Thanks for telling me.
不用谢
No trouble.
想要我读书给你听吗
Do you want me to read to you?
如何
Hmm?
你还好吗
Are you all right?
他被送回医院了
They took him back to the hospital.
贝丝 贝丝 怎么回事
Bess. Bess, what is going on?
– 出什么事了 – 他陷入昏迷 必须送他来医院
– What happened? Is he… – He went unconscious. We had to bring him back here.
不能再留在家中疗养
We can’t have him at home anymore…
你成天外出 谁来照顾他
not if you’re gonna go running off and leaving him like that.
– 对不起 – 是你做得不够好
– I’m sorry. – Well, it’s just not good enough.
杨不允许我再亲吻他了
I’m not… I’m not even allowed to kiss him anymore.
你为什么不听听他想说的话 贝丝
Why don’t you try listening to what he says, Bess?
一切由你决定
It’s up to you.
他没有别的亲人 只有你能给他生存的意志
He hasn’t got anyone else. You could give him the will to live.
这点连医生也做不到
It’s more than any doctor could do.
贝丝