我很幸运能被天主恩赐这份礼物
I’m so lucky to have been given these gifts.
但要记得做个好女孩 贝丝
But remember to be a good girl, Bess…
我既能赐予你 同样也能收回
for you know I giveth, and I taketh away.
什么 我不是那种意思
What? I didn’t mean it like that.
我会做个好女孩
Yes. I’ll be good.
非常非常好的女孩
I’ll be really, really good.
谢谢您 ( 天主 )
Thank you.
你刚才说什么
What did you say?
谢谢你
Thank you.

Fly…
起来
away!
– 你好 杨 – 您好
– Hello, Jan. – Hello.
– 贝丝 – 您好
– Bess. – Hello.
为什么你们的教堂没有钟
Why don’t you have any church bells?
我们不需要用钟声来颂赞上帝
We do not need bells in our church to worship God.
我喜欢教堂的钟声
I like church bells.
我们把钟放回去
Let’s put them back again.
玩得开心点
Have fun.
教友们
But now, friends…
世事多变化
things have become very different.
我虽不愿意 但不得不说
It hurts me to have to say it…
教堂当中有些人
but there appears to be those in the church…
已经变得媚俗不堪
who are prepared to cling to the world…
而不再超脱俗世
instead of fleeing from it.
我所说的这些人
But those to whom I refer…
也知道我在说他们
will know what I am speaking about.
我很痛心
It grieves my heart.
我相信在场的其他人也有相同的感觉
And I know there are others who feel just the same.
阿门
Amen.
唐纳德·约翰·比顿先生 请你起身谈谈这个问题
Mr. Donald John Beaton, will you rise and address the question?
感谢天主一直与我们同在
Thank you, Lord, for this day you have blessed us with.
只准男人在教堂发言的规矩真是愚蠢
It’s stupid that only men can talk in the service.
小心说话 女人
Hold your tongue, woman.
[ 在剧院观看电影《灵犬莱西》 ]
[ Watching film “Lassie Come Home” ]
莱西 是莱西
Lassie! It’s Lassie!
是莱西 我就知道
It is Lassie! I know it.
噢 莱西
Lassie! Oh, Lassie!
噢 莱西
Lassie! Oh, Lassie!
欢迎回家
Oh, welcome home!
他们在埋葬安东尼
They’re burying Anthony now.
你去听牧师致悼词
Go and listen to the minister.
– 什么 – 去啊
– What? – Go on.
对 如果愿意的话 你可以去听
Yeah, you can do that if you want.
男人被允许出席葬礼
Men are allowed at funerals.
去吧
Go on.
安东尼·多德·曼陀 曾经是
Anthony Dod Mantle, who has been…
安东尼·多德·曼陀 你是个罪人
Anthony Dod Mantle, you are a sinner…
你罪有应得 理应下地狱
and you deserve your place in hell.
牧师诅咒他下地狱
The minister said he would go to hell.
他真那样说吗
Did he say that?
还面带微笑呢
Bloody cheerful.
安东尼的确会下地狱 所有人都知道
Well, Anthony will go to hell. Everyone knows that.
我很快就要回去工作了 你知道吧
You do realize that I will have to go back soon, don’t you?
你一直都知道的
You knew it all the time.
天主啊 我们不配您的仁慈
Lord, we are unworthy of the least of all thy mercies.
感谢您赐予我们食物
We thank thee for this food.
赦免我们的罪过 阿门
Pardon our sins for Jesus’ sake. Amen.
阿门
Amen.
你什么时候回去工作
When are you going back?
祖父 您不知道吗
Oh, didn’t you know?
杨打算辞职留在家里 因为我们在一起太幸福了
Jan’s gonna stay at home with me and quit the rig because we’re so happy.
贝丝 别这样
Oh, Bess. Come on.
我也希望如此
I wish I could.
在我的家里不容许你这样无理
I will not have that kind of behavior in my house.
非常对不起 母亲
I’m sorry, Mother. I’m sorry.
控制好你的情绪 否则就得再次把你送回医院治疗
If you cannot control your moods, it’s the hospital again for you, my girl.
– 非常对不起 母亲 – 为什么你要与众不同
– I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. – Why should you be any different?
这里的每个女人都要学会忍♥受孤单
Every woman round here has to learn to be alone…
尤其是当她们的男人出海或去油井工作后
when their man’s away at sea or on the oil rigs.
即便是你也得学会忍♥耐
Even you can learn how to endure.
我甚至不知道你是谁
I don’t even know who you are.
也对你毫无所知
I don’t know anything about you.
老实说
And quite frankly…
很抱歉 我必须要这样说 我不相信你
I’m sorry… I’m sorry to say this, but I don’t trust you.
她很
She’s…
她很依赖人
She’s very susceptible…
而你可以
and you could get her to…
你可以操纵她做任何事情
You could get her to do anything you wanted.
我不这么认为
No, I don’t think so.
我现在该怎么照顾她
How am I supposed to look out for her now?
你打算怎么办 把她强留于此吗
What do you wanna do? Keep her here?
– 囚禁她过完后半生吗 – 她非常脆弱
– Locked up for the rest of her life? – She hasn’t got the strength.
– 她的内心比你我都强大 – 你根本不明白
– She’s stronger than you and me. – You don’t understand, do you?
– 她的精神有问题 – 胡扯 她只是想那样子而已
– She’s not right in the head. – Come on. She just wants it all.
这是什么
What’s this?
什么
Hmm?
什么
What?
这是什么
What’s that?
这是什么
What’s that?
给你的礼物
It’s a present.
– 可以打开吗 – 当然了 打开它
– Can I open it? – Yeah, sure. Open it.
颜色很漂亮 非常靓丽
Nice colors, aren’t they? Very cheerful.
门是开的
It’s open.
– 我们正在等你 老兄 – 请上车
– Just waiting for you, bud. – Please.
那很好 你想喝点酒吗
Yeah, that’s fine. Do you want a little snort?
看看你
Look at you.
贝丝
Bess.
不要
No.
不要
No.
过来 过来
Come, come, come, come.
好了
Okay.
好受点了吗
All right? Come on.
不要紧
It’s okay.
不要紧
It’s okay.
好了
Okay.
– 呜噢 – 小心撞头 呜噢
– Whoo! – Watch your head. Whoo!
小心撞头
Watch your head.
好吗
Okay?
只是去几个月而已
It’s just a couple of months.
我会打电♥话♥给你 再见
I’ll call you. Bye.
一路顺风
Good-bye!

No!
贝丝
Bess!
不要走
Don’t leave!
贝丝
Bess.
你不会有事的 你在这里不会有事的
You’ll be all right. You’ll be all right here.
好吗
Okay?
你不会有事的
You’ll be all right.
没关系 亲爱的
It’s all right, darling.
你还好吗
You all right? You okay?
噢 亲爱的
Oh, dear.
给你一片镇定药
Let’s give you one of these.
你吃了药就会好受些
Come on. Get one of these down ya.
赶快吃一片药 拿好
Come on, darling. Take one of these. That’s it.
吞进嘴里 咽下去
Pop it in your mouth. Swallow.
( 第三章 独自生活 )
你犯了自私的罪 贝丝
You are guilty of selfishness, Bess.
你从来不会体谅别人
You didn’t even consider for one second…
也从未考虑他有多难过
how painful it must have been for him.
你老想着自己的感受
You put your own feelings before everyone else’s.
你这样做怎么还能说自己爱他

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!