我们在一宗罪案现场发现了你的指纹
Sir, your fingerprints were found at a crime scene.
真的吗
Really?
不可思议
That’s surprising.
是起和毒品有关的谋杀案
A drug-related homicide.
盖尔·伯蒂彻的公♥寓♥吧
Gale Boetticher’s apartment.
所以你认识被害人
So you knew the victim.
15年前 我捐助了新墨西哥大学化学奖学金
15 years ago, I established a chemistry scholarship at UNM.
用马克西米诺·阿辛尼耶格的名字命名
I named it after Maximino Arsiniega,
一个我英年早逝的朋友
a dear friend of mine who died too young.
盖尔获得了奖学金
Gale was a recipient of this scholarship.
他应该是获得奖学金的众多人之一
He was, uh, perhaps one of three dozen.
我知道了
I see.
伯蒂彻先生毕业于
And Mr. Boetticher graduated in…
1999年
1999.
应该没错
That sounds right.
你和他一直都保持联♥系♥吗
And you kept in regular contact with him over all this time?
没有 我很多年没见过他了
Oh, no. I hadn’t seen Gale for years
直到几个星期前偶然碰到他
until I ran into him a few weeks ago.
在哪碰到的
Ran into him where?
在餐厅
At the restaurant.
说”偶遇”可能有点不太恰当
Uh, well, “Ran into” Isn’t quite accurate,
我觉得他是特地来找我的
as I assume he came by to re-establish contact with me.
我们聊了一下
We caught up briefly.
他邀请我第二天晚上一起吃饭
He invited me to dinner the following night,
我答应了
and I accepted.
大概一周后
It was, uh, perhaps a week later
我在报纸上看到了他的消息
I read about him in the paper.
你说是和毒品有关是么
Drug related, you said?
很有可能
It’s a good possibility.
报纸没有提到这一点
The paper made no mention of that.
我还以为是普通谋杀
I assumed that it was a random crime.
他几年都和你没有联♥系♥
So after years with no contact,
突然出现在你的餐厅
he shows up in your restaurant,
和你叙叙旧
remakes your acquaintance,
然后邀请你吃晚饭
and invites you to dinner?
因为他需要钱
Yeah, he wanted money.
盖尔·伯蒂彻找你借钱
Gale Boetticher asked you for money?
他没有直说
He didn’t come right out and say that.
只是含糊其辞的说
He spoke in terms
有一个投资的好机会
of a vague investment opportunity,
但我认识他只是想借钱
but it was my suspicion, yes,
因为他邀请我去他家
as to why he invited me into his home.
他是个很有才华的化学家
He was a very talented chemist,
虽然很有可能创出一番事业
but for reasons I never understood,
但基于某种我不知道的原因
he was more interested in taking shortcuts
他总是想走捷径
than what would or could have been a very promising career.
即使有这样的毛病
But personal shortcomings notwithstanding,
但他仍是个热情 温和的人
he was a warm, gentle person,
我很想念他
and I thought a lot of him.
无论如何
At any rate, I, uh,
我拒绝了他的要求
declined his business offer,
吃晚饭之后我就离开了
and, after what was a very pleasant meal, left.
能告诉我们
Can you tell us where you were
23号♥星期3晚上8点左右
on the night of Wednesday the 23rd
你在哪里吗
at around 8 P.M.?
不是指控 只是问一下
Not an accusation, just a question.
我明白 等我想一下
Oh, I understand. Let’s see.
23号♥
23rd.
7点到10点的时候
I was at a fundraiser at Presbyterian Hospital.
我在长老会医院出席一个筹款活动
I was there from 7 to about 10.
还有谁有问题
Anyone else?
嗯 对不起 我有
Uh, sorry, yeah.
只是 还有一件事
Just, uh, just one other thing.
古斯塔沃·福林是你的真名吗
Uh, is Gustavo Fring your real name?
是不是我的真名
Is it my real name?
我知道你生于智利
I know you’re a Chilean national,
可是那里完全没有你生活过的记录
but there are no records of you ever living there.
真的吗
Really?
我是说 记录显示
I mean, records show
你在1986年移♥民♥墨西哥
that you immigrated to Mexico in 1986,
几年后
and then, a couple of years later,
你获得了美国的入境签证
you were granted an entry visa to the United States.
可是完全没有古斯塔沃·福林
But there’s no record of Gustavo Fring
曾经在智利生活的记录
ever having existed in Chile,
这让我觉得很奇怪
which I find– I don’t know– uh, strange.
其实 一点都不奇怪
Well, really, it isn’t.
皮诺切特将军的军政♥府♥犯下了很多罪行
General Pinochet’s government was guilty of a great many sins.
侵犯人♥权♥是其中最大最重大的罪行
First and foremost were his human rights abuses.
而且文件记录的保管也是极为不可靠
But it was also notoriously unreliable at keeping records.
我肯定 只要你继续查找 肯定能发现我的文档
I’m sure, if you keep digging, you’ll find me.
好的 我觉得这就够了 古斯
Okay. I think that’s it, Gus.
谢谢你
Uh, thank you.
希望我能起到一些作用
I hope that I was of some small help.
当然了 谢谢你
You were, absolutely. Thank you.
不客气
You’re very welcome.
很高兴再次见到您
Good to see you again.
不 不用起身 谢谢你
Oh, no. No, please, please. Thank you.
谢谢
Thanks.
先生们 告辞
Gentlemen.
我们应该相信么
So, are we buying?
对他名字的问题
This thing with his name–
你觉得智利那边究竟什么问题
what are you thinking there?
当然了 南美那边的记录保存可能是有问题
Sure, the record keeping in South America is hit or miss.
我们也一直遇上这种情况 对不对
I mean, we run into that all the time, right?
但我们总能发现点什么的
We usually find something.
我看 这人在86年之前简直是个幽灵
I mean, before ’86, this guy’s a ghost.
要是国♥务♥院♥对他的背景不满意
If the State Department wasn’t satisfied with his records,
他们不会接受他入籍的
they wouldn’t have naturalized him.
有可能
Well, maybe,
可他是89年从墨西哥移♥民♥过来的
but he immigrated from Mexico in ’89.
那时候国♥务♥院♥的背景调查
You know, the state just wasn’t as tough
不像911之后那么严格
on background checks pre-9/11.
就算这样 我也没看出
Regardless, I don’t know what this has to do
这和手上的案子有什么关系
with the case at hand.
当然 我也很好奇
I was definitely curious
为什么他的指纹会出现在伯蒂彻的公♥寓♥里
when his prints show up at Boetticher’s apartment,
但是 我觉得奖学金的说法说得通
but for me, the scholarship thing explains it.
我承认我有一定的偏袒
Well, I’ll admit to a certain degree of bias.
这人长♥期♥以来一直是毒品管制局的忠实伙伴
This man has been a longtime friend of DEA,
可是 嗯
but that being said, uh…
我觉得他的故事是可信的
I thought his story was credible.
我同意 这故事的确不错
Well, I agree. I think it was a good story.
可是 为什么我们现在才听说
Still, why are we hearing it now?
什么意思
What do you mean?
如你所说
Well, like you said, he’s a–
这人是执法部门的好伙伴
this man’s a big law enforcement booster.
有一天他在报上读到了
One day he’s reading a newspaper
一个刚与他共进晚餐
and sees that somebody he just had dinner with,
一个他经常想起的人的死讯
somebody he thought a lot of, was murdered.
他读到这段新闻 怎么不打个电♥话♥来
He reads this, and he doesn’t make a phone call?
没打给你 也没打给其他那些警♥察♥朋友们
Doesn’t call you or one of his other cop friends
来谈谈他和本案的联♥系♥
to share his connection with the case
或者是问问本案的调查进展
or ask about the investigation.
我们不能光凭一个人没打来电♥话♥
We can’t predicate a criminal investigation
就对他展开调查
on a person not making phone calls.
那你怎么想 提姆
What do you think, Tim?
我想跟进奖学金和不在场证明这两条线
Well, I want to follow up on the scholarship, the alibi.
但是总体来说 我相信他说的
But my overall impression? I believed him.
鸟池做的很不错
Nice touch. Bird bath.
小伙子 过得怎么样
Hey, tiger. How’s it hanging?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!