好
Okay.
我会去的
I’ll be there.
什么事
What was that?
他邀请我去他家
An invitation.
你来得正是时候
Ah. Walter. You’re right on time.
请进
Please, come in.
希望你喜欢海鲜汤锅[西]
I hope you like paila marina.
这是炖鱼比较好听的叫法
It’s a fancy name for fish stew.
听来很老套
It sounds like a cliché,
但我母亲过去常常做这道菜
but indeed, it’s just like my mother used to make it.
来吧 给我打下手
Come on. You can help me cook.
这是智利菜
This is a Chilean dish
我很喜欢
that I love,
但一直没机会做
but I never get to make it.
因为孩子们不喜欢吃
The kids won’t eat it.
但是
But, uh…
你明白的
you know how that is.
当然
Sure.
来帮个忙怎样
Do you mind?
把大蒜切一下
Would you slice the garlic?
切薄一点
Very thin.
你邀我来所为何事
Why did you invite me here?
我们是生意伙伴
We’re working together.
一起吃顿饭很正常吧
Why not break bread together?
切大蒜吧
Now the garlic.
人的感官与回忆之间的联♥系♥
It always amazes me the way the senses work
太神奇了
in connection to memory.
我是说 炖鱼只是一锅大杂烩
I mean, this stew is simply an amalgam of ingredients.
如果把材料分开的话
Taken separately,
不会让我回忆起任何事
these ingredients alone don’t remind me of anything.
基本上不会
Not very much at all.
但一旦按这样混合起来
But, in this precise combination,
这味道就立即
the smell of this meal instantly–
让我想起了我的童年时光
it brings me back to my childhood.
真是太奇妙了
How is that possible?
大体上说 这过程发生在大脑的海马区
Basically, it all takes place in the hippocampus.
形成了神经连接
Neural connections are formed.
外界感应让神经中枢发出信♥号♥♥
The senses make the neurons express signals
信♥号♥♥传送到了大脑的之前的同一个地方
that go right back to the same part of the brain as before,
那个地方储存着人的记忆
where memory is stored.
被称为关联记忆
That’s, uh, something called relational memory.
别继续问我了
don’t quote me on that.
我的生物学已经忘得差不多了
I– I’m rusty on my biology.
很有意思
That’s very interesting.
沃尔特
Walter,
如果可以的话 我非常愿意帮你
I would like to help you, if I could.
怎么帮我
Help me how?
在我刚开始的时候
Well, when I first started out,
也犯了很多错误
I made a lot of mistakes.
多到我都不想承认
More than I care to admit.
真希望当时有人能提点我
I wish I’d had someone to advise me–
因为我们过的这种生活 变数太大
because this life of ours, it can overwhelm.
你现在是有钱人了
You are a wealthy man now.
你得学着怎么做有钱人
And one must learn to be rich.
穷♥人♥谁都会做
To be poor anyone can manage.
你有什么建议吗
What advice do you have for me?
同一个错别犯两次
Never make the same mistake twice.
什么事
What’s up?
你是托马斯吗
You, uh, you Tomás?
我听说你就是那纯爷们
Heard you were the man.
是啊 你想要什么
Yeah? What you want?
冰♥毒♥
Crystal.
你有吗
You think you could hook me up?
300块
300.
1.75克就要300块吗
For a teenth?
靠 开玩笑呢吧
Shit, come on, yo.
300块
300.
你好
Hey, what’s up?
滚吧
Bounce.