而利润将是…暴利
The rewards would be…enormous.
大家都是成年人
We’re both adults.
我不可能装作不知道 你就是那位仁兄
I can’t pretend I don’t know that person is you.
这是毫无疑问的
I want there to be no confusion.
我知道我的命是你给的
I know I owe you my life.
而且我敬重你的谋略
And more than that, I respect the strategy.
换做是我 我也会这么做
In your position, I wouldn’ve done the same.
有件事一直困扰着我
One issue which troubles me–
我们三个月合同到期以后 我将何去何从
I don’t know what happens when our three-month contract ends.
你想何去何从
What would you like to happen?
你知道我为什么入伙
You know why I do this.
我要保证家人的安全
I want security for my family.
我答应你
Then you have it.
3个月 300万
Three million for three months.
这是我们的协议
That was our agreement.
延长一年就是 1200万
Extended annually, twelve million a year.
一共就是1500万
Call it fifteen.
随时可供修改
Open-ended.
可以接受吗
Would that be agreeable?
之所以要谈论那些我们
Part of the reason we talk about what gets us riled up
生活中的不堪往事
in our daily lives,
是为了告诫所有人
is to help each other put a finger
不要再犯同样的错误
on what our relapse triggers might be,
将那些恶习扼杀在摇篮里
head off our disease before it comes back.
谁有话要说吗
So… anyone?
随便怎么抱怨都行
Free license to bitch and moan.
这机会可不是每天都有的
How often do you get that?
杰西 上次你说洗衣店的工作
Jesse, last time you seemed pretty down
让你情绪低落
about your job at the Laundromat.
我想问你
Let me ask you something.
如果有机会做你喜欢做的事
If you had the chance to do anything you wanted,
你想做什么
what would you do?
赚钱 赚很多很多钱
Make more green, man, a lot more.
先不谈钱 假设你什么都有了
Forget about money. Assume you have all you want.
我也不知道
I don’t know.
可能我会做点东西
I guess I would make something.
比如
Like what?
不是什么重要的东西 但是…
Not that it even matters, but…
手工制♥作♥ 我想
work with my hands, I guess.
建筑一类吗 就像…
Building things, like…
木工 或者砌砖之类的吗
carpentry or brick laying or something?
高中时候我上过职业技术课
I took this vo-tech class in high school,
木材加工
wood working.
我上过很多这样的课
I took a lot of vo-tech classes
一堆垃圾
because it was just a big jerk off,
但有一次 我遇到一位老师
but this one time I had this teacher
好像叫… 派克老师
name of, uh… Mr. Pike.
我猜他年轻时
I guess he was, like, a Marine
可能是海军陆战队之类的
or something before he got old.
他有点耳背
He was hard of hearing.
我在他课上的作业是做一个木盒子
My project for his class was to make this wooden box,
就是个小的…
you know, like a small–
就是个…盒子
just like a– like a box,
可以放东西的
you know, to put stuff in.
我只想几下做完了事
So I wanted to get the thing done just as fast as possible.
这学期剩下的课就可以全翘了
I figured I could cut classes for the rest of the semester,
只要我做了东西 他就不能给我不及格
and he couldn’t flunk me as long as I, you know, made the thing.
所以几天我就做好了
So I finished it in a couple days.
它看上去很烂
It looked pretty lame,
但还能用
but it worked,
可以用来随便放点什么东西
you know, for putting stuff in or whatnot.
我把它拿给派克老师看 给我打成绩
So when I showed it to Mr. Pike for my grade,
他看着它说
he looked at it and said,
你就只有这种程度吗
“Is that the best you can do?”
一开始我想
At first I thought to myself,
废话 贱♥人♥
“Hell, yeah, bitch.
给老子个D 然后闭嘴
“Now give me a D and shut up
这里借代上面的D 不是指成绩 指的是Drug 毒品
我就可以去和弟兄们嗑药去了
so I can go blaze one with my boys.”
我也说不清
I don’t know.
也许是因为他说话的方式
Maybe it was the way he said it, but…
就好比
it was, like, he w–
他并没有说那东西做的烂透了
he wasn’t exactly saying it sucked.
他只是在很真诚地问我
He was just asking me honestly,
“你真的就只有这种能耐吗”
“Is that all you got?”
出于某些原因 我也寻思着
And for some reason I thought to myself,
我当然可以做的更好
“Yeah, man, I can do better,”
所以我开始重做
so I started from scratch.
做了一个又一个
I made another, then another,
到学期末
and by the end of the semester,
我一共做了有5个盒子
by, like, box number five,
你们真该看看我做的那盒子
I had built this thing. You should’ve seen it.
我当时肯定是疯了
It was insane.
居然用秘鲁胡桃木来做外壳 镶的是斑木
I mean, I built it out of Peruvian Walnut with inlaid Zebrawood.
用钉子钉一起的 没用螺丝
It was fitted with pegs, no screws.
我用砂纸磨了几天 直到磨得像玻璃一样光滑
I sanded it for days until it was smooth as glass.
然后我又用桐油来磨
Then I rubbed all the wood
所以盒子看上去色泽深暗且浓艳
with tung oil so it was rich and dark.
还散发出特有的香味
It even smelled good.
把鼻子贴近去闻 吸一口那香气
You know, you put nose in it and breathed in,
简直堪称完美
it was– It was perfect.
那盒子后来怎么样了
What happened to the box?
我把盒子给了我妈妈
I, um– I gave it to my mom.
很不错
Nice.
你知道我要说什么 对吧
You know what I’m going to say, don’t you?
亡羊补牢 为时不晚
It’s never too late.
大学里有开设艺术合作社的课程
They have art co-ops that offer classes,
还有成人拓展教育项目
adult extension program at the university.
其实我并没把盒子给我妈妈
You know, I didn’t give the box to my mom.
而是用盒子换了1盎司大♥麻♥
I traded it for an ounce of weed.
他是英雄 总不能拒绝给英雄付保险吧
He’s a hero. You don’t deny coverage to a hero.
他们会说他们不是在拒绝付保险
They’ll say they’re not denying coverage.
不不 这点上我是完全赞同你的
No, no, I’m agreeing with you,
但我和沃尔特是经历过的
but I went through all this with Walt.
会花光你所有的积蓄 然后怎么办
You’ll burn through your savings, and then what?
你们不是也熬过来了吗
Well, you two managed, right?
你自己也说了
You said yourself
格雷琴他们的钱 也没能支付所有的开销
that Elliot and Gretchen’s money didn’t cover everything.
天 我得回去了
Jesus, I’ve got to get back.
什么 别啊
What? No.
别回去 你该休息一下
No, no, no, you should rest.
你进去好好洗个澡如何
Look, why don’t you go in and take a long bath
我在床上放了些干净的床单
I put some fresh sheets on the bed.
万一他醒了 我想待在他身边
I want to be there in case he wakes up.
他们给他用的药 够他睡到早上
With all they’re giving him, he’ll sleep till morning.
嗨 斯凯
Hey, Sky.
你来这干嘛呢
Wha– What are you doing here?
我顺便过来看看
Well, I just thought I’d stop by
来看看你还好吗
to see how you’re holding up.
时机不对吗 还是…
Is this a bad time, or…
你好
Um– Hi.
你好
Hi.
玛丽 这位是泰德 我的老板
Uh, Marie, this is Ted, my boss.
你就是泰德
Oh, you’re Ted.
常听他们说起你
I’ve heard so much about you.
谢谢你送来的礼品篮
Thank you for your gift basket.
真的很周到
That was really thoughtful.
真的很体贴 谢谢 泰德
It was. It was really nice. Thank you, Ted.
-是干酪条吧 -恩 干酪条
– Cheese sticks. – Cheese sticks.
不客气
Well, you’re welcome.
你也知道我很关心斯凯勒