大家都得生存
Man’s gotta make his living.
如果能像杰西说的那样
If it’s like Jesse says
我们不再贪婪
and we’re not greedy…
我是说 我想是能成功的
I mean, I guess I can see it.
在我们开始碰运气之前
Had a good thing going
好事情就已经发生了
before we started pushing our luck.
是的
Yeah.
如果能做到那样个子的话
If it can go back to being like that and all–
嘿 肯定会的
Hey, it will be.
首先 我们编制一个存货清单
Step 1– we build inventory.
猴子 去找克洛维斯
Badger, go see Clovis.
把房♥车开到隐蔽的地方
Get the RV in shape,
整修一下 润滑油
tune up, oil change,
刹车灯 之类的东西
brake lights, and whatnot.
警♥察♥总是因为刹车灯让你靠边停下
Cops always pull you over for brake lights.
不能是我们
Not us.
谨慎小心
Cautious.
-我知道 -没问题
– I know. – You got it.
好了 你知道那个警报器吧
All right, you know that buzzer thing.
在点火时拔掉钥匙
Leave the key in the ignition,
它就会响 无所谓了
and it buzzes, whatever.
-是的 -让他给也装上一个那东西
– Yeah. – Just have him put in one of those, too.
瘦子你来负责供给
Skinny, you’re in charge of supplies.
我会给你列个清单
I’ll get you a list.
听你差遣
Right on.
行吗
Yeah?
-行 -那这事定了
– Yeah. – All right.
那么 我们说好了
So, uh… we good?
-嗯 -没问题吧
– Yeah. – We good?
-挺你 伙计 -那就定了
– Right on, man. – All right.
我们干它一票
Let’s do this thing.
布兰登·梅休
Brandon Mayhew.
我知道你的好事
I know you.
阿尔布开克真小啊
Small world, Albuquerque.
想要谈一下吗
Want to talk about it?
有什么好谈的 我说话又不算数
Why? It’s not like I get a vote.
你知道吗 讽刺得很
You know, ironically,
我想 从今往后 你会更加更加了解我这个人
I think you’re going to see much more of me from now on.
-当然 -至少可以看到我真实的一面
– Sure. – Well, just as much of me at least.
我送你去学校 接你回来 以后天天如此
I’m taking you to the school, to and from, every day.
怎么 这事我也没发言权吗
What, I don’t get a vote in this, either?
就因为你心存愧疚
I gotta stop going with Louis
我就得停止跟路易斯上下课么
just because you’re feeling guilty?
我是心存愧疚
I do feel guilty.
我就是这么一个人 孩子
I am the man that I am, son,
有许多地方我会改进 但是
and there’s plenty I would change about that, but…
事已至此
here we are
你要接受现实
and this is just what it is.
知道么
You know what?
当我疯了吧
Call me crazy,
但我打心里觉得未来非常美好
but I’m actually feeling very good about the future.
早啊
Morning.
他们又回来了
They’re back.
我就是在想
Uh, I’m just wondering
我们是否应该报♥警♥之类的
if we should maybe call the police or something.
为什么
Why?
他们又没干坏事
They’re doing nothing wrong.
好了 把这个摆到三十三号♥桌 行吗
Okay, let’s put this on table 33, okay?
你好 这位先生
Hello, there.
你是怀特先生 对吗
Uh, Mr. White, I presume?
噢 是的 你好 真是…对不起
Oh, yes. Hi. I am– Sorry.
我马上下来
I’ll– I’ll be right down.
你好 我是盖尔·伯蒂彻
Hi. Gale Boetticher.
你好
Hi.
你是我新的实验助手 我猜想
You’re my new lab assistant, I take it.
是的 我是
Yes, I am.
我觉得你会想要了解一下我的资质
I suppose you’ll want to hear my qualifications.
我带来了我的简历 在这儿
I have my, uh– my resume here for you.
我在新墨西哥大学拿到学士学位
I received my bachelor’s degree from UNM,
研究生学位是在科罗拉多州大学
my master’s from the University of Colorado.
有机化学系 专攻…
Organic chemistry with a specialty in–
都写在上面
It’s all right there.
X射线结晶学
“X-ray crystallography.”
是真的么
Really?
这玩意儿我可以连续说上好几个小时
I could talk about that for hours.
我愿意听你讲
I would love to.
但是 首先 我好奇这是什么
But, first, I’m curious about this.
这是我最喜爱的一个小项目
That’s a little pet project of mine.
你看 我认为
See, in my opinion,
这全在于奎宁酸含量
it’s all about the quinic acid level.
假设只想要每升提取四千八百毫克
You want just north of 4,800 milligrams per liter,
但是如果烧煮过度
but if you over-boil to get there,
丹宁酸会被滤掉
you’re going to leach your tannins.
苦味跑了 难喝
Bitterness. Yuck.
所以 我给它抽了真空
So I pull a mild vacuum.
这样 我就可以把温度
That way, I can keep the temperature
控制在九十二摄氏度以内 还有…
no higher than 92 C, and uh…
我给你弄点儿
let’s see.
由你自个儿来评判
Judge for yourself.
天哪
Oh, my God.
这是我喝过的最美味的咖啡
My God, that is the best coffee I’ve ever tasted.
苏门答腊岛的咖啡豆
Sumatran beans,
研磨的功夫也了得
and I also have to give credit to the grind,
总之 谢谢夸奖 怀特先生
but, uh, thank you, Mr. White.
沃尔特
Walt, please.
请叫我沃尔特
Call me Walt.
我们干吗还用得着制毒呢
Huh, why the hell are we making meth?
告诉我 用苯乙酸溶液
Tell me, with the phenylacetic acid solution,
你说过前十分钟是每分钟一百五十滴
you said 150 drops per minute for the first 10 minutes,
然后剩下的每分钟九十滴
and then 90 for the remainder.
这是为什么呢
Why is that?
我的想法是
Well, my thinking is,
通过逐渐减少苯基
by tapering the phenyl,
得到的涵水层更具油性 于是
you get an oilier aqueous layer, and hence–
苯的萃取物会更好
Better benzene extraction.
说得很对
Exactly.
不过我其实更倾向于乙♥醚♥
But actually I prefer ether.
噢 我明天用它试试
Oh. I’ll have it for tomorrow.
盖尔 我在思考你是怎么…
Gale, I’m wondering how you–
沦落至此
Ended up here.
实际上 我还没思考出来
Well, actually, I’m still wondering
我是怎么沦落到这儿来的 但是 你呢
how I ended up here, but, yes.
我是说 我无法想象
I mean, I can’t imagine
我俩锒铛入狱互殴的景象
we strike each other as criminals.
因为犯罪 所以犯罪
Well, there’s crime, and then there’s crime,
我这么认为
I suppose.
我是个绝对的自♥由♥意志论者
I’m definitely a libertarian.
赞成成年人想他们所想
Consenting adults want what they want,
再说即使我不提供
and if I’m not supplying it,
他们也能在别处得到
they will get it somewhere else.
至少在我这里
At least with me,
他们肯定物有所值
they’re getting exactly what they pay for.
无杂质 不掺假
No added toxins or adulterants.
我曾经过着你认为应该有的生活
Yeah, I was doing it the way you are supposed to,
在科大攻读博士学位
pursuing my doctorate at Colorado,
参与美国国家卫生基金会项目
NSF research grant.
我也曾得意一时
I was on my way,
做得比别人多 也受人器重
jumping through hoops, kissing the proper behinds,
专注于所有非化学的事情
attending to all the non-chemistry
搞得自己焦头烂额
that one finds oneself occupied with.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!