孩子会不会现在就出世
Is that baby ever going to come out, you think?
-我知道过了预产期了 -只是玩笑
– I know, enough already. It’s… – I’m teasing.
要来的总会来
Everything in its time.
沃尔特 我已经看了你的扫描结果
Walt, I have your scan results.
有病症减退的迹象
And you’re showing signs of remission.
我的天哪
My God.
我要解释一下
I want to clarify.
对于症状减退的情况存在误解
There are some misconceptions about what remission signifies.
不是说病人完全治愈
It does not mean that the patient is cured.
说某人处于症状消退期
To classify someone as in remission,
我们必须确认肿瘤没有长大的迹象
We only need to determine that the tumor hasn’t grown.
肿瘤没有生长吗 上帝啊
That it hasn’t grown? Jesus.
学术上来说
Technically speaking,
即使病人处在症状消退期
A tumor can remain the exact same size it was before
肿瘤还是有可能维持原来的大小
And the patient could still be in remission.
在沃尔特的病例 处于癌症的第三阶段
Now, in Walt’s case, with a stage 3 adenocarcinoma,
我预期看到 至少
I like to see… I hope to see at least
肿瘤组织会有25%到35%的减少
A 25 to 35% reduction in tumor mass,
事实证明理疗已经对癌细胞起了作用
Something to tell me that the cancer has responded to the therapy.
大家还在听吗
Everybody still with me?
结果怎么样
And how has my cancer responded?
沃尔特 你的肿瘤组织已经减少了80%
Walt,Your tumor has shrunk by 80%.
-我的天哪 -等等 我真的
– My God. – Wait, I’m sorry. I’m really…
我不太懂 80%是很多吗
I’m confused. Isn’t 80% a lot?
妈妈 当然
Mom. Yeah.
80%是很多很多
80% is a lot.
-好的 但是我 -亲爱的 你是对的
– Okay, but, I’m… – Sweetheart, you were right.
-真的是好消息 -真的是好消息
– It’s very good news. – It’s very good news.
你在开玩笑吗
Are you kidding me?
我差点就想出去了 现在峰回路转了
Just when I try to get out, they pull me back in.
不过你的咳嗽是我们要讨论的
Now, that cough is the other thing we need to discuss.
沃尔特 根据扫描结果 你患有放射性肺炎
According to your scan, Walt, you have radiation pneumonitis.
没关系 这很平常
It’s okay. This is fairly common.
看见里面那个吓人的东西了吗
See that scary-looking thing there?
那是组织炎症 是放射治疗的副反应
That’s tissue inflammation. That’s a reaction to your radio therapy.
通常不是很严重 但是会导致你那样的咳嗽
It’s usually not serious, but it can produce a cough like that.
我会给你开点强的松[肾上腺素药物]
I’ll prescribe some prednisone.
组织炎症
Tissue inflammation?
你确定吗
Are you sure about that?
因为有一天 我咳出了血
Because the other day, I was coughing up some blood.
-什么 -可能
– What? – You probably have a tear
由于咳嗽引起了食道撕裂 那是相当严重的
In your esophagus from the coughing, and that can be very serious.
你会因为流血过多而亡的
You could rupture and bleed to death.
你今天走之前 我们会处理一下这个问题
We’re going to have to deal with that before you leave here today.
等一下 什么时候的事 为什么不告诉我
Wait a minute. When did this happen? Why didn’t you tell me?
-对不起 我 -不要再隐瞒 沃尔特
– I’m sorry. I… – No more secrets, Walt.
发生那样的情况 你必须马上通知我
With something like this, you have to call me. Immediately.
从检查结果看来 我们还未完全脱离危险
Now, with these results, we’re not completely out of the woods.
但至少我们现在多了些选择
But now at least we have some options.
最关键的就是时间
The most important of which is time.
接下来几周 我们还要进一步讨论
We’ll have more to discuss in the next few weeks.
但是现在 你们一家人应该好好庆祝一下
But for now, I’d say that you folks have earned some celebrating.
太棒了
Yes.
上帝啊
Oh, my God.