然后对我们说了一个词
And you had one word for us, too.
-同步加速器 -没错 同步加速器
– Synchrotrons. – It was synchrotrons, yeah.
他们在X射线下能做生成
They generate purer and more
更完美更高纯度的晶态
Complete patterns in X-ray beams.
之前的只不过是写数据收集工作
Data collection takes a fraction of the time.
怀特可是格雷麦特命名者之一
This is the White in Gray Matter.
告诉他们 沃尔特
Tell ’em, Walt.
好
Okay.
早先我们还在研究生院的时候
Well, back when Elliott and I were in grad school,
艾略特和我想出这个名字
We came up with the name.
简写成布莱克 沃尔特·怀特[黑色+白色]
Short, Black, Walter·White.
这就是格雷麦特科技的由来[灰色公♥司♥]
So, together they became Gray Matter technologies.
-可爱吧 -你和埃利奥特是合伙人么
– Cute, huh? – So you run the company with Elliott?
不 那是格蕾琴和埃利奥特
Well, no, no, that’s Gretchen and Elliott.
我更倾向于教育方面
I gravitated toward education.
在哪所大学
What university?
电吉他
It’s a stratocaster!
不光光是电吉他
Not just any strat.
这可是克莱普顿的
That’s one of Clapton’s.
不会吧
No way.
敬埃利奥特
“To elliott.
不好意思皮扣有点松 埃里克·克莱普顿
“Sorry about the buckle rash. Eric Clapton.”
谢谢 这太漂亮了
Thank you. This is beautiful.
他干吗这么做
Why is he doing this?
当自己8岁吗
What is he, like eight years old?
给 亲爱的
Here, honey.
谢谢
Thanks.
这是沃尔特送的
Oh, this is from Walt.
-天哪 -没事
– God. – It’s okay!
方便面
Yum-good ramen.
为了写论文
This is what Walt and I…
我和沃尔特两人
Lived on for 10 months straight
10个月赖以生存的东西
While we were working on our thesis.
在五金店旁边那个商店有卖♥♥
They sold them down at Ralsto’s in the hardware aisle,
就在 那什么旁边来着
Right next to the… the what was it?
-斯特诺 -斯特诺旁边
– Sterno. – The Sterno.
10包才1.99美金
Yeah, 10 for $1.99.
至今我已然确信
To this day, I am convinced
这些面条是我们不可或缺的助力
These noodles were responsible for our success.
这是我们的生命之源
This was our lifeblood.
你在哪里找到的
Where’d you find these?
我以为多年前就成非法产品了
I thought they’d been outlawed years ago.
我喜欢
I love it.
谢谢你 沃尔特
Thank you, Walt.
送给拥有一切的人
For the man who has everything.
-不 不 -就是
– No, no. – It was.
你记得那个胖子吗
You remember the fat guy, the fat guy.
我们以前叫他鼻涕虫的胖子
We used to call him “snot trough”
因为他老是挂着…
Because he had that thing under his n…
-什么来着 -那是多普金斯
– What do you call that thing? – That was Dobkins!
和那个一天到晚闻起来
That was the same guy who always
巨臭无比的是同一个人
Smelled like chocked nose.
-就是 -不 不是
– It was! – No, no, no, no.
那个不是多普金斯
It wasn’t Dobkins. It was…
我发誓 因为那人老是穿
Anyway, I swear to Christ he used to iron those patches
在手肘那里有块补丁的外套
Onto the elbows of his members only jacket because
他觉得那样很有型
He thought it made him look more distinguished.
-你觉得他有型么 -不
– Didn’t it? – No.
-敬鼻涕虫 -敬鼻涕虫
– Well, here’s to snot trough. – To snot trough.
-不论他在哪里 -上帝保佑你
– Wherever you may be. – God bless him.
你还记得那个讨厌
And you remember the professor
罗伯特·威廉·本生的教授么
Who used to hate Robert Wilhelm Bunsen?
恩
Yes.
你只要一提到那个名字
All you had to do was mention the Bunsen Burner
他就会发飙
And he was off on a rant.
“他根本没发明这个” 还记得他老挥手么
“No, he didn’t invent it.” You remember the waving?
“他不过是证明了而已”
“He just improved it!” you know.
瞬间就能少上15分钟课
It was easy to kill 15 minutes anyway.
我真怀念我们之间这样的对话 沃尔特
Oh god, I miss this, Walt.
我也是
Yeah. Me, too.
我们应该一起多聚聚
Listen, we ought to get together more often.
斯凯勒和我非常欢迎你和格蕾琴
Skyler and I would love to have you and
来我们家吃晚饭
Gretchen over for dinner sometime.
恩 当然
Sure, yeah, absolutely.
但我的意思是
But what I mean is
我们应该再次合作
That you and I should work together again.
-你来高中上课么 -说真的
– Are you going to teach high school? – No, no. Seriously.
之前有什么阻止我们么
What’s stopping us?
等等 埃利奥特 你是说
Wait a minute. Elliott, what are you…
要我去格雷麦特工作么
Are you asking me to come work for you at Gray Matter?
对啊 你很合适啊
Yeah. Why not? You’d fit right in.
你很有才气而且经验丰富
You’re brilliant, you’ve got a ton of experience.
我…
Well, I…
我不知道怎么开始
I wouldn’t really know where to begin. I mean…
你根本不了解
God. You have no idea.
我一天到晚就在黑板前
I spend my days just drawing out atoms on the chalkboard
试图让学生们学会元素周期表
And trying to get these kids to learn the periodic table.
我了解
Look, I understand.
你是有点点生疏
You’re a little rusty, but you’re
但你没看到好处
Not seeing the upside here…
你带来的新角度对我们非常有帮助
We could really benefit from a new set of eyes.
你知道吧
You know what it is when you been
当你花费几个月破解一个难题
Trying to crack some problem for months on end.
你的视角就会变得狭窄
You get tunnel vision.
正所谓旁观者清
One guy thinking outside of the box…
你恰恰是我们所需要的
You may be exactly what we need.
埃利奥特
Well, listen, Elliott…
你的提议很动人
Your offer is very appealing.
真的 谢谢
It really is. Thank you.
但有些事你要知道
There’s something you should know.
我有些…
I have some…
个人事务
Personal issues.
没有什么不能解决的
Look, there’s nothing we can’t work out.
但是这有点复杂
Well, yeah, but it’s complicated.
我们能帮助你
We can help you.
我们有很好的医疗保险
We have excellent health insurance.
最好的
The best.
你试过他们的
Hey, did you try those prosciutto wrapped figs?
意大利熏火腿没
They were like…wow.
太好吃 我大概吃了有30个
They were just… I must have had about 30 of those suckers.
还有海鲜桌 你看到没
And the seafood table. Did you see that?
有龙虾尾 蟹钳 虾
They had lobster tail, they had crab legs, shrimp.
沃尔特
Walt?
你TM都对埃利奥特说什么了
What the hell did you say to Elliott?
你跟他说了我的癌症 对吧
You told him about the cancer, didn’t you?
对吧
Didn’t you?
我简直不敢相信
I can’t believe it.
好吧 我们是聊了一会儿
Okay, we were talking.
他问我关于你的情况 我很抱歉
He asked how you were doing, and I am sorry,
这阵子我可做不到喜怒不形于色
But I don’t have the best poker face these days
特别是说到关键问题时候
Where that’s concerned.
他知道你不对劲 是他追问我的
He knew something was wrong with you and he pressed me.
他追问你吗 简直胡说
He pressed you. Come on.
沃尔特
Walt!
在这个问题上
When it came right down to it,
我不知道除了告诉他事实外还能做什么
I didn’t know what else to do but tell him the truth.
事实 你干嘛不直接就说他很好
The truth? How about you just said “he’s fine,” huh?
如果你就跟他说
You think maybe you could’ve just have said that
他很好 不就完了吗
“He’s fine,” and that would be done.
我不喜欢你这种说话的态度
I don’t like the way you’re talking to me.