宝贝 怎么了
Hey, baby. What’s going on here?
你好
Oh, hi.
高小姐
Miss Golightly.
终有一天 终有一天
Some day. Some day.
高小姐
Miss Golightly.
怎么了
What happened to you, anyway?
你到化妆间后 我便再没见过你
You take off for the powder room and that’s the last I see you.
-亨利 现在 -我不是亨利
-Now, really, Harry. -Harry was the other guy.
我是艾锡德 你喜欢我的 记得吗
I’m Sid. Sid Arbuck. You like me, remember?
高小姐 我抗♥议♥
Miss Golightly, I protest!
亲爱的 对不起 但我遗失了钥匙
Oh, darling, I am sorry, but I lost my key.
你两周前才遗失过钥匙
But that was two weeks ago.
你不能老按我的门铃
You cannot go on and keep ringing my bell.
你骚扰我 你要再配一把钥匙
You disturb me! You must have a key made!
没用的 我会把它全部遗失
But it won’t do any good. I just lose them all.
宝贝 你知道你喜欢我的
Come on, baby. You like me. You know you do.
我很仰慕你 艾先生
I worship you, Mr. Arbuck,
-但是晚安了 艾先生 -宝贝 等等 这算什么
-but good night, Mr. Arbuck. -Baby, wait a minute. What is this?
你喜欢我 我很受欢迎的
You like me. I’m a liked guy.
你知道你是喜欢我的 宝贝
You like me, baby. You know you do.
我替你五位朋友结♥帐♥
Didn’t I pick up the check for five people?
你的朋友 我不认识他们
Your friends. I’ve never seen them before.
你跟我要零钱上化妆室时
And when you asked for a little change for the powder room
我给了你50元
what do I give you? A $50 bill.
难道这样我还没有资格
Now doesn’t that give me some rights?
30秒后我便报♥警♥
In 30 seconds I going to call the police!
老在骚扰我 我睡不了
All the time disturbance! I get no sleep!
我要好好休息 我是艺术家
I got to get my rest! I’m an artist!
我要找风化小组来抓你
I am going to call the vice squad on you!
亲爱的 别生气 我不会再犯
Don’t be angry, you dear little man, I won’t do it again.
若你答应不生气
If you promise not to be angry,
我便让你拍照
I might let you take those pictures we mentioned.
什么时候
When?
改天吧
Sometime.
随时吧
Anytime.
晚安
Good night.
打扰你真对不起 但我打不开下面的门
I’m sorry to bother you, but I couldn’t get the downstairs door open.
他们把楼上的钥匙给我
I guess they sent me the upstairs key.
我打不开下面的门
I couldn’t get the downstairs door open.
我说 他们把楼上的钥匙给我
I said, I guess they sent me the upstairs key.
我打不开下面的门 把你吵醒对不起
I couldn’t get the downstairs door open. I’m sorry to wake you.
不要紧
That’s quite all right.
这种事常有发生的 晚安
It could happen to anyone, quite frequently does. Good night.
我不想
I hate to.
我不想打扰你 但可再帮我个忙吗
I hate to bother you, but if I could ask one more favor,
可以借电♥话♥一用吗
could I use the phone?
可以
Sure.
有何不可
Why not?
谢谢你
Thank you.
你的家
Well, this is
蛮不错呢
a nice little place you’ve got here.
-你也是刚搬来吗 -不 我已在这儿住了一年
-You just moved in, too, huh? -No. I’ve been here about a year.
电♥话♥在那边
The phone’s over there.
本来是的
Well, it was.
我记起了
Oh, I remember.
我把它塞在皮箱里 减少铃♥声♥
I stuck it in the suitcase. Kind of muffles the sound.
对不起
I’m sorry.
-它没事吧 -没事的
-Is he all right? -Sure.
猫咪 对不
Sure. He’s okay, aren’t you, cat?
可怜的猫咪
Poor old cat.
没名字的可怜鬼
Poor slob. Poor slob without a name.
我没权替它命名
The way I look at it, I don’t have the right to give him one.
我们并不拥有对方 我们只是偶尔相遇
We don’t belong to each other. We just took up by the river one day.
在找到合适的地方前
I don’t even want to own anything
我不想拥有什么
until I find a place where me and things go together.
我不知道它在哪儿 但我知道它是什么模样
I’m not sure where that is, but I know what it’s like.
就像蒂凡尼
It’s like Tiffany’s.
蒂凡尼 你说那蒂凡尼珠宝店
Tiffany’s? You mean the jewelry store?
对了
That’s right.
我很喜欢蒂凡尼
I’m crazy about Tiffany’s.
听着
Listen.
你遇过心绪不宁的时候
You know those days when you get the mean reds?
你是说情绪忧郁
The mean reds? You mean like the blues?
不是
No.
人胖了或下雨了 人才会忧虑伤感
The blues are because you’re getting fat or maybe it’s been raining too long.
那只是伤感而已
You’re just sad, that’s all.
但心绪不宁更可怕
The mean reds are horrible.
你突然害怕而不知为何
Suddenly you’re afraid and you don’t know what you’re afraid of.
-你有过这种感觉吗 -有过
-Do you ever get that feeling? -Sure.
每当我心绪不宁时 我便乘计程车到蒂凡尼去
Well, when I get it, the only thing that does any good
这是唯一有效的方法
is to jump into a cab and go to Tiffany’s.
它能令我即时心安下来
Calms me down right away.
它是那么宁静和高贵
The quietness and the proud look of it.
那儿不会发生什么不幸的事
Nothing very bad could happen to you there.
若我能在现实生活中
If I could find a real-life place
找到像蒂凡尼那样的地方
that made me feel like Tiffany’s, then.
那么我会买♥♥点家具 还有替猫咪取个名字
Then I’d buy some furniture and give the cat a name.
对不起 你要找点什么
I’m sorry. You wanted something.
电♥话♥
The telephone.
我跟别人有约
It’s just that I was supposed to meet somebody.
现在是星期四早上十点吧
I mean, this is 10:00 Thursday morning, isn’t it?
我刚由罗马到这 所以不清楚
I just got off a plane from Rome and I’m not too sure.
今天是星期四吗
Thursday. Is this Thursday?
-我猜是的 -星期四 不可能的
-I think so. -Thursday! Oh, no, it can’t be!
太可怕了
It’s too gruesome.
星期四有什么可怕的
Well, what’s so gruesome about Thursday?
没什么 我只是常记不起哪天是星期四
Nothing, except I can never remember when it’s coming up.
我通常不在星期三晚睡觉的
Wednesdays, I generally just don’t go to bed at all,
因为我要赶十点三刻的火车
because I have to be up to catch the 10:45.
他们很严守探望的时间
And they’re so particular about visiting hours.
请替我在床下找一对
Would you be a darling and look under the bed
鳄鱼皮皮鞋吧
and see if you can find a pair of alligator shoes?
好的
Sure.
我要好好打扮一下
I’ve got to do something about the way I look.
女孩不能一脸病容的到新新监狱去
I mean, a girl just can’t go to Sing Sing with a green face.
新新监狱
Sing Sing?
替监狱取这个名字实在太可笑
Yes, I always thought it was a ridiculous name for a prison.
新新像歌♥剧院的名字
Sing Sing, I mean. It sounds more like it should be an opera house or something.
黑色鳄鱼皮皮鞋
Black alligator.
所有访客都悉心打扮 实在太好了
You know, all the visitors make an effort to look their best. It’s only fair.
真感人 所有女士都穿上漂亮的衣服
Actually, it’s very touching, all the women wearing their prettiest things.
我也喜欢那些孩子
I just love them for it. And I love the kids, too.
我指那些太太带去的小孩
I mean the kids the wives bring.
在监狱看到孩子该不好受 但我没有
It should be sad seeing kids there, but it isn’t.
他们头上结了蝴蝶结 鞋子擦得发亮
They all have ribbons in their hair and lots of shine on their shoes.
你还以为会有雪糕里
You’d think there was going to be ice cream.
你预备到新新监狱
Now, as I understand it, what we’re doing is getting you ready
-探访朋友吗 -对
-to visit somebody at Sing Sing. -That’s right.
你能从男人送你的耳环知道
You can always tell what kind of person a man really thinks you are
他对你有何看法
by the earrings he gives you.
这双太使人目眩
I must say, the mind reels.
请问是谁
May I ask whom?
什么 你是说我探访谁
Whom what? Oh, whom I go to visit, you mean?
我是这个意思
I guess that’s what I mean.
我不知道应否谈论此事
I don’t know that I should even discuss it.
但他没有吩咐我要保密
Well, they never told me not to tell anyone.
你要发誓保守秘密
You must cross your heart and kiss your elbow.
好的
I’ll try.
你也许听说过他的消息 他是杜沙利
You probably read about him. His name’s Sally Tomato.
杜沙利
Sally Tomato?