I’ll give you two.
我给你两秒
Hi. I wanted to talk about the other night,
你好 我来是想谈谈那夜的事
then I saw the paper, and…
我看了报纸…
Well, actually, I’m kind of embarrassed about it,
我感到有点尴尬
but since it concerns you,
既然这事与你有关
I thought I should talk about it in person.
我想亲自跟你谈
What? What?
什么? 什么?
Oh, the earplugs.
哦 耳朵塞住了
I can’t go through the whole thing again.
我不能再这样下去
It’s sufficient to say,
直接的说
I’ve come to make up.
我是来和解的
As an added inducement, I have all kinds of news.
我还带来一些消息
Can I come in?
可以进来吗?
I guess so.
可以
Just a minute. Do I have a nightgown on?
等等 我有穿睡衣吗?
No, I don’t. Would you turn around for a second?
没有 你可否转身?
Never mind. That’s corny anyway.
算了吧 这句话太过时
I’ll turn around myself.
我自己转身好了
Come in.
进来吧
Have…you seen the paper?
你…看过报纸吗了?
Rusty, you mean?
你是指拉斯蒂一事?
Yes. I know all about it.
我知道了
Certainly had him pegged wrong, didn’t I?
我看错了他 对吗?
I thought he was just a rat,
我以为他是小人
but he was a super rat all along.
但其实他是超级小人
A super rat in rat’s clothing.
穿着老鼠衣服的超级小人
You don’t even know the best part.
你还不知道最精彩的部分
Not only was he a super rat,
他不只是小人或超级小人
he was also broke.
他已经破产了
Broke! I mean, but not a farthing.
破产! 但不是一毛钱也没有
His family has money, but he personally is broke.
他的家人有钱 但他本人己破产
It turns out he owes $700,000.
他欠债七十万元
Can you imagine anyone owing $700,000?
你能想象一个人欠70万债吗
$70 yes.
70万 对
Anyway, that’s why he decided to marry the queen of the pig people.
所以 他才娶那个丑八怪女人
I’ll tell you one thing, Fred, darling,
弗瑞德 我告诉你一件事
I’d marry you for your money in a minute.
为了钱 我会马上跟你结婚
Would you marry me for mine? In a minute.
你会为钱跟我结婚吗? 马上会
I guess it’s lucky neither of us is rich.
幸好我们都不是有钱人
Yeah.

Oh, Fred, darling, I’m so glad to see you.
哦 弗瑞德 很高兴见到你
What have you been doing?
你近来怎样?
Writing, mostly.
主要在写作
I sold a story. Just got word this morning.
我卖♥♥出一个故事 今早刚知道的
Oh, that’s marvellous!
太棒了
It really is, but…
但…
Only how does your decorator friend feel about it?
你的设计师有何看法?
Aren’t you supposed to be saving yourself?
你不是要自救吗?
You know something?
知道吗?
I haven’t got around to telling her yet.
我还没告诉她
Look, why don’t we go have a drink
我们何不出外庆祝一番
or take a walk to celebrate?
或者出去逛一圈?
All right. There’s some champagne in the icebox.
好的 冰箱里有香槟
Why don’t you open it while I get dressed? OK?
我换衣服时你替我打开 好的
I haven’t drunk champagne before breakfast before.
以前我从没在吃早饭前喝香槟
With breakfast on several occasions,
只是在吃早饭时喝香槟
but never before, before.
但不在早饭前喝
I’ve got a wonderful idea.
我有一个好点子
We’ll spend the day doing things we’ve never done.
我们可做一些以前没做过的事
We’ll take turns. First you, then me.
首先由你开始 接着是我
Of course, I can’t think of anything I’ve never done.
当然 很难想到 有什么是我没做过的
I’ve never been for a walk in the morning.
我从没在早上散步
Not in New York.
来了纽约后不曾有过
I’ve walked here at six, but I consider that night.
六点钟我有在大街上散步 但那是晚上
Do you think it counts? Sure. Now we’re even.
那算是吗? 当然 现在我们平手了
Don’t you just love it? Love what?
你不喜欢吗? 喜欢什么?
Tiffany’s.
蒂凡尼
Isn’t it wonderful?
不是很美妙吗?
Nothing bad could happen to you in a place like this?
这样的地方不会有坏事发生
I don’t give a hoot about jewellery, except diamonds.
当然 我不是蔑视珠宝 钻石除外
Like that.
很特别
What do you think?
你认为怎样?
Personally, I think it’s tacky to wear diamonds before 40.
我认为四十岁前戴钻石很俗气
You’re right, but meantime, you should have something.
说得对 但目前你该戴些珠宝
I’ll wait.
我会等着
No. I’m buying you a present.
不 我会买♥♥一份礼物给你
You bought me a typewriter ribbon, and it brought luck.
你送的打字带为我带来好运
But Tiffany’s can be expensive.
但蒂凡尼的东西很贵
I’ve got my cheque and $10.
我有支票跟十元现金
I wouldn’t let you cash your cheque,
我不会让你花掉支票
but a present for $10 or under, that I’ll accept.
但我愿意接受低于十元的礼物
Of course, I don’t know what we’ll find here for $10.
不知蒂凡尼里面有什么只要十元
May I help you?
我可以帮忙吗?
Perhaps. We’re looking for a present for the lady.
或许 我想送一份礼物给这女士
Certainly, sir. Is there something you had in mind?
好的 阁下 你想送什么类型的礼物?
Well, we had considered diamonds.
我们考虑过钻石
No offence, but the lady feels diamonds are tacky for her.
我不想冒犯你 但这女士认为钻石太俗气
Oh, I think they’re divine on older women,
哦 我认为钻石比较适合年纪大一点的女人
but they’re not right for me, you understand.
实不相瞒 还有另一个问题
Certainly. In fairness, I should explain there’s also the problem of finance.
当然 经济的问题 我们有消费限额
We can only afford to spend…a limited amount.
只付得起…一点点
May I ask how limited?
请问是多少?
$10. $10?
十元 十元
That was the outside figure, yes.
这是我们的限额
I see. Do you have anything for $10?
我明白了 你们有价值十元的货品吗?
Frankly, madam, within that price range, the variety of merchandise is rather limited.
这价钱的货品确实有限
However, I do think we might have, let’s see…
但的确有这类货物 让我想想…
Strictly a novelty, you understand…For the lady and gentleman who has everything,
这是有钱人士认为珍贵的文物 你知道吗
a sterling silver telephone dialler.
纯银电♥话♥拨号♥器
That’s $6.75, including tax.
连税价值6.75元
A sterling silver telephone dialler.
一部电♥话♥拨号♥器
Yes, sir. That’s $6.75, including federal tax.
是的 连税价值6.75元 而且还支持传真
Well, the price is right, but I must say,
价钱确实合理 但我必须说
I’d hoped for something more, how shall I say it,
该怎么说呢…我想要一些更…
romantic in feeling.
浪漫的东西
What do you think? A silver telephone dialler?
你认为怎样? 纯银电♥话♥拨号♥器?
I certainly think it’s handsome, but, well, you do understand.
纯银电♥话♥拨号♥器是不错 但你明白我们的意思吗?
Well, we tried, but…
我们已经尽力了 但…
We could have something engraved, couldn’t we?
你们可有提供刻字服务
Yes, I suppose so.
是的
Yes, indeed.
没错
The problem is, you’d have to buy something first
问题是 你要先在这儿购物
in order to have some object on which to place the engraving.
我们才可替你在物件上刻字
You see the difficulty?
明白了吗
Well, we could have this engraved, couldn’t we?
你能在这个上面刻字吗
I think it would be very smart.
我想会很好看的
This, I take it, was not purchased at Tiffany’s?
这应该不是蒂凡尼的货物吧?
No. Actually, it was purchased concurrent with…
不是 其实是…
well, actually, it came inside a…
事实上 它是…
a box of Cracker Jack. I see.
吃爆米花的赠品 我明白了
Do they still really have prizes in Cracker Jack boxes?
现在卖♥♥的爆米花里还有礼物吗?
Oh, yes.
有的
That’s nice to know.
真高兴知道这事
It gives one a feeling of solidarity,
给人实在的感觉
almost of continuity with the past, that sort of thing.
还有延续传统的感觉
Would Tiffany’s really engrave it for us?
蒂凡尼愿意为我们刻字吗?
They wouldn’t feel it beneath them or anything?
这不会贬低店子的声誉吗?
Well, it is rather unusual, madam,
小姐 这样是有点打破常规
but you’ll find that Tiffany’s is very understanding.
但本公♥司♥非常谅解你们的处境
If you would tell me the initials,
你说出要刻什么字

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!