until they’re strong enough to fly into a tree,
直至它离开 跑到树林 或飞到树上
then to higher trees, then to the sky.
再去更高的树 直达天际
There’s something I got to tell you.
露拉美 我定要告诉你一件事
Excuse me.
抱歉
Couple weeks ago, I got a letter from Fred.
数周前我收到弗瑞德的一封信
From Fred? He’s all right, isn’t he?
弗瑞德的? 他好吗?
Yeah, he’s fine, I guess.
是的 他很好
He’s getting out of the army in February.
二月份他就要退伍了
In February?
二月?
Well, that’s only four months.
就是再过四个月
So, you got to come back.
明白吗? 你该和我 孩子 及弟弟一起
Your place is with us.
我们才是你的归宿
Doc, you’ve got to understand, I can’t come back.
医生 你得明白 我不能再回去
You got to understand what I’m saying.
你得明白我所说的话
I don’t want to pressure you, but I got to.
我不想给你压力 但必须这样
If you don’t come, I’ll have to tell young Fred…
你不回来 我就写信告诉弗瑞德…
he better sign up for another hitch.
他得另找家园了
Don’t do that. Don’t write that to him.
别这样做 别写信给他
I’ll write him and say I want him with me.
我会写给他 告诉他我要他跟我在一起
I’ll take care of him.
我会照顾他
You’re talking crazy, Lula Mae.
露拉美 你是痴人说梦
All right, Lula Mae.
好吧 露拉美
I guess you know what you’re doing.
我想你知道自己在干什么
Keep an eye on her, will you, son?
你替我看着她好吗?
At least see she eats something once in a while.
最少确保她吃点东西
Sure, Doc.
好的 医生
So skinny.
她太瘦了
Please, Doc. Please understand.
医生 求你谅解我
I love you, but I’m not Lula Mae any more.
我爱你 但我不再是什么露拉美
I’m not.
不再是了
You know the terrible thing, darling?
你知道什么最可怕? 亲爱的弗瑞德?
I am still Lula Mae. Fourteen, stealing turkey eggs
我仍然是露拉美 那个十四岁 偷火鸡蛋
and running through a briar patch.
穿越野地的女孩
Except now I call it having the mean reds.
现在我就有面红耳赤的感觉
Well, it’s still too early to go to Tiffany’s.
可是现在去蒂凡尼太早了
I guess the next best thing is a drink.
看来只能先去喝酒了
Yes, I very much need a drink.
对 我很需要喝一杯
Buy me one, Fred, darling?
弗瑞德 你愿意请我喝酒吗?
Sure.
当然
Only promise not to take me home until I’m drunk.
答应我一件事 一定要让我喝醉
Until I’m very drunk indeed.
一定要非常非常醉
Do you think she’s talented?
你认为她有才华吗?
Deeply and importantly talented?
有深度又有才华吗?
No.
不
Amusingly and superficially talented, yes,
看上去有才华 但…
but deeply and importantly, no.
谈不上有深度
Gracious.
好美哦
Do you think she’s handsomely paid?
你认为她收入多吗?
Oh, indeed.
哦 多吧
Well, let me tell you something.
让我告诉你
If I had her money, I’d be richer than she is.
如果我的收入像她那么多 我定会比她富有
How do you figure that? I’d keep the candy store.
你怎知道? 因为我有糖果店
Old Sally Tomato, that’s my candy store.
沙里·托马图就是我的糖果店
I’d always keep Sally.
我总有沙里
That’s why I’d be richer than she is.
所以我比她富有
We’d better get a little more air.
我们要更多空气
every Tom, Dick and Harry…
汤姆 狄克和哈利…
No. Correction.
不 更正
Every Tom, Dick and Sid…Harry was his friend.
汤姆 狄克和席德…哈利是他的朋友
Anyway, every Tom, Dick and Sid
总之 汤姆 狄克和席德糟透了
thinks if he takes a girl to dinner,
他们以为带女孩去吃饭
she’ll just curl up in a little furry ball at his feet, right?
她就会像小猫般依偎着他们
I have by actual count been taken to dinner
我曾跟他们吃过饭
by 26 different rats in the last two months.
两个月来 跟26个不同的小人一起
27, if you count Benny Shacklett,
如果包括班尼·夏克利特 就是27人
who’s in many ways a super rat.
他是个超级小人
I forgot my key. Never mind. I buzzed Yunioshi.
我忘了带钥匙 没事 我刚按了雄志的门铃
Do you know something funny?
你想知道有趣的事吗?
In spite of the fact these rats fork up $50
大部分的小人都会 给我五十元
for the powder room like little dolls…
作为去女厕的费用…
I find I have $9 less in the bank account than I had six months ago.
可我却发现我的银行户头比半年前少了九元
So, my darling Fred,
所以 弗瑞德 亲爱的
I have tonight made a very serious decision.
今晚我作了个很重大的决定
And what is that?
什么决定?
No longer will I play the field.
我不再干这事了
Congratulations. The field stinks…
恭喜你 这一行糟透了…
both economically and socially,
各方面都糟透了
and I’m giving it up.
我要放弃
This time I’m calling the police, the fire department,
戈莱特利小姐 这次我不只通知警♥察♥ 还要通知消防局
and the New York State Housing Commission,
还有纽约房♥管局
and, if necessary, the Board of Health!
有需要的话会找卫生局
Quiet, up there. You want to wake the whole house?
安静 你想吵醒所有人吗?
As Miss Golightly was saying
在戈莱特利小姐
before she was so rudely interrupted,
被无礼打扰前
Miss Golightly further announces her intention
她想说 她会全力以赴
to devote her not inconsiderable talents
务求可以尽快嫁给
to the immediate capture, for the purpose of matrimony, of Mr Rutherford…
拉瑟福德先生
Rusty to his friends, of whom I’m sure he has many, Trawler.
朋友称呼他拉斯蒂 我肯定他有很多朋友
Who? Rusty Trawler.
谁? 拉斯蒂·特拉勒
You met him at my party.
你曾在派对见过他
He came with Mag Wildwood.
和梅格·怀尔德伍德一起来
Not the beautiful Latin type,
不是英俊的拉丁人
the other one -the one that looks like a pig.
另一人 外表像猪的那一位
Remember?
记得吗?
The ninth richest man in America under 50?
不到五十岁的美国第九富商?
Do I detect a look of disapproval in your eye?
你好像看不起我
Tough beans, buddy,
要嫁给他是困难的
cos that’s the way it’s gonna be.
因为事情就是这样的
Hi, cat.
你好 猫咪
Holly, you’re drunk. True.
赫丽 你醉了 对
Absolutely true. True, but irrevelant.
很对 非常对 但无所谓
What are you doing?
你在干什么?
So I think we should have a drink
所以我想我们 应该喝酒
to the new Mrs Rusty Trawler…me!
敬新任拉斯蒂太太喝酒…我
Hey, take it easy.
嘿 慢慢来
What’s up, don’t you think I can do it?
怎么了? 你认为我办不到吗?
Tell me. I’m interested. Don’t you think I can?
我是非常想知道 你真的认为我不行吗?
You heard the Doc.
你也听到医生的话
My brother gets out in February.
弟弟服完兵役后
The Doc won’t take him back.
医生不愿收留他
It’s all up to me.
一切都要靠我
I don’t know why you don’t understand.
你为何不明白?
I need money, and I’ll do whatever I have to do to get it.
我需要钱 我会用尽方法赚钱
So this time next month,
所以下个月
I’ll be the new Mrs Rusty Trawler.
我将会就是拉斯蒂太太
I think we should have a little drink to that.
我们应该为此而喝酒
It’s all gone. Isn’t that too bad?
没有酒了 真扫兴
Got any whisky upstairs?
楼上有威士忌吗?
But you’ve had enough.
你喝的够多了
Go ahead. Get the whisky.
去拿威士忌吧
I’ll pay you for it.
我愿意付钱
No, no, you disapprove of me, and I do not accept drinks…
不 你不赞同我 我不会接受…
I’ll pay for my own whisky and don’t forget it.
别忘了 我可付钱去买♥♥
I do not accept drinks from disapproving gentlemen.
我不会接受 不赞同我的人请我喝酒
Especially not disapproving gentlemen who are kept by other ladies.
尤其是靠女人所供养的男人
So take it.
拿去吧
You should be used to taking money from ladies.
你应该习惯拿女人赚的钱了
If I were you, I’d be more careful with my money.
如果我是你 我会更小心花我的钱
Rusty Trawler is too hard a way of earning it.
从拉斯蒂身上赚钱不容易
It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door.
你从这儿走出门口不用四秒