Are you kidding? I discovered her. I’m OJ Berman. Couple of years ago, back at the time,
是我发掘的她 我是OJ·伯曼 多年前
She was just a kid. Lot of style, class…
她还是个孩子 别具风格…
Lot of what? Class.
还有什么? 气质不凡
But you didn’t know whether she was a hillbilly or an Okie.
但当她开口说话 你就知道她是乡下人
You know how long it took to smooth that accent? I tell you how long.
你知道替她改掉口音 花了多少时间?
One year. Know how I did?
一年 知道我是怎么做到的吗?
We gave her French lessons.
我们要她学法文
Figured once she could imitate French,
当她学懂法文
she could imitate English.
学习英语就不是难题
Finally, I arranged for a little screen test.
最终我为她安排了试镜
The night before…I could’ve killed myself-the phone rings.
试镜前一夜 我差点被气死
I pick it up. She says: “This is Holly.” “Holly, you sound so far away.” She says: “I’m in New York”.
她说”我是赫丽” 我说”你看来在远处” 她说她在纽约
I say, “You got a screen test tomorrow.” “I’ve never been in New York before.”
但你明天要去试镜 她却说她从没去过纽约
I say, “Get back here!” She says, “I don’t want to.”
我叫她回来 但她说不想
I say: “What do you mean? you don’t want it? What do you want?”
我问”你不想回来是什么意思? 你想怎样?”
She says, “When I find out, I’ll let you know.” So look,
她说 “我知道后再通知你” 嘭 挂了电♥话♥!
Fred, baby… It’s Paul, baby.
所以弗瑞德 你别对我说… 我是保罗
Sure. Don’t tell me she isn’t a phoney.
对 别说她不是骗子
Irving! Honey, Irving, where you been?
艾文 甜心 你去哪了?
Mike, darling, I tried reaching you all day long.
麦克 我一直都在找你
Your answering service doesn’t answer.
但你的留言机坏了
That’s the trouble with answering services…
你知道留言机问题很多…
Time, darling. What?
赫丽 知道时间吗? 什么?
The time?
时间?
You have a watch? No.
你有手表吗? 不 我没有
Oh, let me see. 6:45. Thank you.
我来看 六点四十五分 谢谢你
Really, was that necessary?
有必要这样吗?
This is some party. Who are all these people, anyhow?
派对很热闹 他们是谁?
Who knows? The word gets out.
谁知道呢 人们自动涌来
You don’t mind, do you, darling?
你不介意吧?
Reinforcements.
补给来了
Right in there.
放在那儿
Holly, darling!
赫丽 亲爱的!
What’s that?
怎么了?
Mag Wildwood.
梅格·怀尔德伍德
She’s a model, believe it or not, and a thumping bore.
她是模特 并且是闷蛋
But look at the goodies with her.
看看她带来的好东西
He’s all right, I suppose,
他还不错
if you like handsome, rich-looking men
若你喜欢 英俊的富商
with passionate natures and too many teeth.
肤色黝黑 加上热情和牙齿齐全
I mean the other one.
我不是指这个 是另一个
The other one? He’s Rusty Trawler.
另一个? 他是拉斯蒂·特拉勒
He’s the ninth richest man in America under 50.
他是美国第九富商 未满五十岁
That’s remarkable information to have at your fingertips.
你居然能信手拈来这些资料呀
I keep track of these things.
我很留意这些消息
Excuse me. You owe me 47… Hold this a minute, darling.
抱歉 你该付我四十七… 替我拿着好吗?
Mag, darling, what are you doing here?
你在这儿干什么?
I was upstairs working with Yunioshi…
我在上面和雄志工作…
Easter stuff for the Bazaar.
为哈泼时尚拍摄复活节特刊
Then these two nice boys came to pick me up.
接着他们俩来接我
It was a mistake, of course. My wires got crossed somewhere.
其实消息传达错误
They were both very sweet about it.
但他们都非常可爱
May I present Jose Silva Pereira?
这位是荷西·佩雷拉
He’s from Brazil.
来自巴西
Miss Golightly.
戈莱特利小姐
Very kind of you to allow me to attend your party.
很高兴看到你 戈莱特利小姐 谢谢让我参加你的派对
I’m so interested in North American culture.
我对北美文化很有兴趣
I’ve been already to the Statue of Liberty
我曾到自♥由♥女神像
and to the restaurant Automatique,
和那著名餐馆
but this is the first time
但这是我首次
I’m in a typical North American home.
到访北美民居
Wouldn’t he just melt in your mouth?
他还真是滔滔不绝啊
And this is Mr Rusty Trawler.
这是拉斯蒂·特拉勒
Miss Golightly.
戈莱特利小姐
You’re not vexed at me for bringing them?
我带他们来你不会生气吧
Of course not, darling. I’m glad.
当然不会 我很高兴
Now, who’s going to bring me a bourbon?
谁给我倒杯波本?
Would you get Miss Wildwood a drink?
你能帮替怀尔德伍德小姐 拿饮料吗?
Which one’s Miss Wildwood?
谁是怀尔德伍德小姐?
Mr Berman, we haven’t been formally introduced,
伯曼先生 我们还没正式介绍
but I’m Mag Wildwood from Wildwood, Arkansaw.
我是梅格·怀尔德伍德 来阿肯色州
That’s…hill country.
那儿山脉连连
Now, you just make yourself right at home.
你们请随意
Don’t trouble yourself.
不麻烦你了
I’m contented to observe the customs of your country.
可以观察到贵国的风俗习惯我就满意了
OK, you do that.
好的 那你就继续观察
Now, come along, Mr Trawler.
来吧 特拉勒先生
Let’s see what we can find to amuse you.
看看有什么可使你惊喜
I wasn’t supposed to pick you up.
我不该来接你
At the last minute, I had…
是你要来接我…
Look, I wasn’t supposed to pick you up.
我不该来接你的
Yes?
喂?
Miss Gorightly! This time I’m warning you!
戈莱特利小姐 我警告你
I am definitely this time going to calling the police!
这次我一定会叫警♥察♥
Good evening!
晚上好!
Is it something important?
有重要事吗?
No. Just the guy upstairs complaining about the noise.
不 只是住在楼上的人 他投诉太嘈吵
He’s angry.
他生气了啊
He did mention something about calling the police.
他说要去报♥警♥
Oh, the police…The police?
哦 警♥察♥…警♥察♥?
That I cannot have. I’d better find Miss Wildwood and go.
那我不能碰上他们 我最好找到怀尔德伍德小姐 然后离开
To think I’d find a beau of mine
看来我找了个花♥花♥公♥子♥
mousing after some cheap Hollywood trash.
喜欢追逐好莱坞贱♥货♥
Mag, darling, you’re being a bore.
梅格 亲爱的 你这样太没趣了
Shut up!
闭嘴
You know what’s going to happen to you?
你知道会发生什么事吗?
I’m going to march you to the zoo and feed you to the yak.
我要带你去动物园 让牦牛吃掉你
Just as soon as I finish this drink.
等我喝完这杯就去
Timber!
闪开!
Sorry.
抱歉
Oh, good evening, Ed. It’s Paul, baby.
晚安好 艾德 是保罗 宝贝
You remember Irving, don’t you?
你记得艾文吗?
This is Jose. Nice to meet you.
这是荷西 很高兴认识你
Yes.
幸会
Jewel thieves.
珠宝盗贼
Sally helps me with my accounts.
沙里帮我理财
I have no head for figures at all.
我对数字毫无概念
I’m trying desperately to save some money,you know I told you.
我努力试着存钱
I just can’t seem to.
但总不成功
He makes me write down everything.
他要我记下一切
What I get, what I spend.
我买♥♥了什么 花费多少
I had an cheque account. He made me get rid of that.
我以前有支票户头 他逼我取消了
He feels it’s better to operate on a cash basis, taxwise.
他认为我用现金更实际
Some day, take this book, turn it into a novel.
弗瑞德 某天你将这书写成小说
Everything is there. Just fill in the details.
内容都全了 只需加一些细节
Would be good for some laughs.
一定很搞笑
No. No, I don’t think so.
我看不是
This book would break the heart.
这本书会使人伤心
“Mr Fitzsimmons…powder room, $50.
菲兹西蒙斯先生 女厕 五十元
“Less $18…Repair one black satin dress.
修补黑色裙子…减去十八元
“Cat food, 27 cents.”
猫粮 二十七角
Sally, darling, please stop, you’re making me blush!
沙里 别念了 太让我尴尬啦
But you’re right about Jack. He’s an absolute rat.
但你对菲兹西蒙斯的说法没错 他是鼠辈
I guess, of course, I don’t know anybody but rats.
当然 我只认识一些鼠辈
Except, of course, Fred here.
当然除了弗瑞德
You do think Fred is nice, don’t you?
你也觉得弗瑞德是好人 对吗?
For you…I hope he is.
对你来说…我希望他是好人
Goodbye, Uncle Sally. Till next week.
沙里叔叔 下周再见
Goodbye, Uncle Sally.
再见 沙里叔叔
Goodbye and don’t forget to send that book.
再见 别忘记寄那本书来

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!