You’re welcome.
不客气
Dress…Dress…
裙子…裙子…
Here we are…Bag.
好了…手袋也行了
And a hat, too.
再戴个帽子
There we are.
好了
Anyway, about seven months ago, this so-called lawyer
七个月前 这个叫奥肖内西的律师问我
asked me if how I’d like to cheer up a lonely old man
是否愿意去探访一个寂寞老人
and pick up 100 a week at the same time.
换取一百元周薪
I told him, “Look darling, You’ve got the wrong Holly Golightly.”
我告诉他 “亲爱的律师 你找错人了 好孩子能够赚到这笔钱”
A girl could do any trips to the powder room.
女孩只要能去女厕 愿意做任何事
I mean any gentalmen will give a girl $50 for the powder room.
任何人也愿意给她五十元
And cab fare too, that’s another 50.
再给五十元计程车费
Then he told me his client was Sally Tomato.
接着他说那个老人叫沙里·托马图
Dear old Sally had seen me at Elmer’s somewhere
沙里在”艾摩”见到我
and had admired me a la distance.
远远就被我吸引住了
It would be a good deed to visit him once a week.
每周去探访他 也算是做好事
But how could I say no? It was so wildly romantic.
我怎可拒绝 很是浪漫呢
How do I look?
我看起来怎样?
Very good. I must say I’m amazed.
非常好看 让我眼前一亮
You’re a darling how could I never have done it without you.
没有你的帮忙 我可做不到哦
Bag…
手袋…
Call me any time.
欢迎随时找我
I’m just upstairs, or I will be as soon as I get moved in.
我就住楼上 我就快搬来了
Bye, cat.
再见 猫咪
You mean he gives you $100 for an hour’s conversation?
你跟他聊一小时天 就有一百元?
Mr O’Shaughnessy does when I give him the weather report.
我告诉他天气报告之后 就能拿到钱
Look,it’s none of my business, but sound to me like you could get in trouble.
此事与我无关 但我感觉你会有麻烦
Hold this for me, will you?
替我按着好吗?
And what do you mean, weather report?
天气报告是什么意思?
Just a message I give Mr O’Shaughnessy,
就是传口讯给奥肖内西
so he knows I really have been there.
这样他就能确定我有去探访
Sally tells me things to say like…
沙里会告诉我一些…
“There’s a hurricane in Cuba”,
“古巴有飓风”
“cloudy over Palermo”, things like that.
“巴勒莫多云” 之类的东西
You don’t have to worry. I’ve taken care of myself for a long time.
别担心 长久以来 我一直自己照顾自己
Taxi!
计程车
I never could do that. It’s easy.
我从来做不到这样 很容易的
Paul.
保罗
I’m late. I know it.
我知道我迟到了
Don’t tell me you were locked out? Didn’t you get the key?
别说你进不去 你没有钥匙吗?
Oh, darling. I’m so sorry.
哦 亲爱的 很抱歉
No, I got the key, all right.
不 我有钥匙
Miss Golightly, my neighbour, was kind of let me in.
我的邻居戈莱特利小姐让我进去了
Miss Golightly’s on her way to Sing Sing.
她现在要去星星监狱
Just visiting, of course.
当然是去探望别人
Miss Golightly,
戈莱特利小姐
Mrs Falenson, my…decorator.
法♥伦♥逊太太 我的…装♥修♥设计师
How do you do? How do you do?
你好 你好
Darling. Let me look at you.
亲爱的 让我看看你
Are you through? I’m in a terrible rush. Was the flight ghastly?
你用完了吗? 我赶车 旅程很可怕吗?
Grand Central station, and step on it, darling.
中♥央♥车站 请尽快
Is it only three weeks since I left you in Rome?
我们真的才分开三周吗?
Seems like years.
简直如隔三秋
You seen the apartment? Not yet.
你看过公♥寓♥了吗? 还没
I know it was wicked of me, but I couldn’t resist.
我知道我性急了一点 但我实在忍♥不住
I weng ahead fixed it up without you.
没告诉你 就打点好这些了
I think it’s darling,
我认为很好看
but if you absolutely hate it, we can start from scratch.
如果你不喜欢…我们可以改掉一切 重新布置
Hey, baby! Where you going?
嗨 宝贝! 你要去哪里?
Come on, baby. Open the door.
来吧 快点开门
Ah, be a pal!
听话一点嘛
You’re breaking up a beautiful party.
别破坏一个美妙的派对嘛
Come on, baby. Open the door.
快点开门啦
Hey, the band’s swinging.
乐队开始演奏啦
Aw, come on, baby.
来吧 宝贝
Once again, I must protest!
我要再次抗♥议♥
If you don’t stop that phonograph right this minute,
若你不马上关掉唱机
I’m going to call the police department!
我就报♥警♥啦
Yeah. That’s more better.
这样好多了
What’s the matter, baby?
宝贝 怎么了?
Come on. You’re a great kid. Open the door.
你是好孩子 快开门
Come on, baby. I’m waiting for you.
来吧 我在等你
It’s all right. It’s only me. Wait a minute. Miss…
没事 是我 等等…
Golightly. Holly Golightly.
戈莱特利 赫丽·戈莱特利
I live downstairs. We met this morning, remember?
我住在楼下 今早我们见过 记得吗?
Yeah.
是的
It’s all right. She’s gone.
没问题 她己走了
Must say she works late hours for a decorator.
作为一个设计师 她还真敬业哦
The things is there’s the most terrifying man downstairs.
现在有一个可怕的人在楼下
I mean he’s sweet when he isn’t drunk, but some vino,
他没喝醉时是好人 但喝醉后
and, golly, quel beast.
就是一头野兽了
It got so tiresome, I went out the window.
我受不了他 所以从窗口逃出来
Look, you can throw me out if you want to,
你可以赶走我
but you looked so cosy and your decorator friend had gone home,
但你看来很友好 而你的朋友又离开了
and it was getting cold on the fire escape.
外面又寒冷
And I’d always heard people in New York
听说纽约的人
never get to know their neighbours.
人与人之间很冷漠
Well, how was Sing Sing?
星星怎么样?
Fine. I made the train and everything.
很好 我赶上火车了 一切顺利
And what’s the weather report?
天气报告怎样?
Small-craft warnings,
“哈特勒斯有警告”
Block Island to Hatteras…whatever that means.
“布洛克岛有警告” 管它是什么意思
You know, you’re sweet. You really are.
你真好 真的很好
And you look a little like my brother Fred.
你跟我的弟弟弗瑞德很像
Do you mind if I call you Fred?
你介意我叫你弗瑞德吗?
Not at all.
不介意
300. She’s very generous.
三百元 她真慷慨
Is it by the week, hour or what?
以周薪还是时薪计算?
OK. The party’s over. Out.
好了 派对结束了 出去
Oh, Fred. Darling Fred, I’m sorry.
弗瑞德 亲爱的弗瑞德 很抱歉
I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. Don’t be angry.
我不是故意伤害你的 别生气
I was trying to let you know I understand.
我只想说我能理解
I understand completely.
我完全能理解
It’s OK. Stick around. Make yourself a drink.
没关系 待一会儿吧 自己倒杯酒喝
Throw me my robe. I’ll make you one. You stay right where you are.
递给我睡袍 我给你倒酒 你呆着
You must be absolutely exhausted.
你一定累坏了
I mean, it’s very late,
我是说现在很晚了
and you were sound asleep and everything.
你应该已经睡了
I suppose you think I’m tres fou or something.
我想你可能认为我厚颜无♥耻♥
Don’t think any fouer than anybody else.
其他人也是这样
Yes, you do. Everybody does. I don’t mind.
是的 人人都这样 我不介意
It’s useful being top banana in the shock department.
在公♥寓♥里住最高层真有用
What do you do, anyway?
你是干什么的呀?
I’m a writer, I guess. You guess? Don’t you know?
我猜我是作家吧 你猜? 你不知道吗?
OK. Positive statement. Ringing affirmative.
好吧 确定一定以及肯定
I’m a writer.
我是作家
The only writer I’ve ever been out with is Benny Shacklett.
我唯一约会过的作家是班尼·夏克利特
He’s written a lot of TV stuff, but quel rat.
他给电视台写东西 但差劲极了
Tell me, are you a real writer?
你是真正的作家吗?
I mean, does anybody buy what you write or publish anything?
我是说 有人买♥♥下你的作品出版吗?
They bought what’s in that box.
他们买♥♥下箱子里的东西
Yours?
你写的吗?
All these books?
这些书都是吗?
There’s just the one book,
是同一本书
12 copies of it.
那里有十二本
“Nine Lives” by Paul Varjak.
“九条生命” 保罗·瓦约克著
They’re stories.
这些是故事
Nine of them.
共有九个
Tell me one.
告诉我其中一个
They’re not the kind story you can really tell.
这些不是适合说出来的故事

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!