“I am a coward where these institutions enter.
“我是一名懦夫”
“Forget me, beautiful child,
“忘了我吧 漂亮宝贝”
“and may God be with you.
“愿主保佑你”
“Jose.” Well
“荷西”
Well, at least he’s honest.
至少他很坦白
It’s kind of touching.
有点感动
Touching! That square-ball jazz.
感动? 那个死板守旧的人
He says he’s a coward.
他已经说他是懦夫
All right! So he’s not a regular rat
是的! 那么他不是小人
or even a super rat.
或超级小人
He’s just a scared little mouse, that’s all.
他只是惊慌失措的小老鼠
But, oh, golly…Gee, damn!
但天啊…该死!
Well, so much for South America.
既然你也不用再去南美洲了
You’re not cut out for queen of the Pampas, anyway.
你也不会成为皇后了
Clayton Hotel. Idlewild.
去克雷顿饭店 艾迪怀尔德机场
What?
什么?
The plane leaves at 12. On it I plan to be.
班机十二点起飞 我会上机
Holly, you can’t. Et pourquoi pas?
赫丽 你不能去
I’m not hotfooting it after Jose,
我不是想去追回荷西
if that’s what you think. Oh, no.
即使那是你想要的 哦 不
As far as I’m concerned, he’s the future president of nowhere.
他成为总统也与我无关
Only why waste a plane ticket?
但我为何要浪费这机票?
Besides, I’ve never been to Brazil.
我还没有去过巴西
Please, darling, don’t sit there looking at me like that.
求求你 别这样看着我
I’m going and that’s that.
我一定要去
All they want are my services as a witness against Sally.
他们只是想我指证沙里
Nobody has any intention of prosecuting me.
没有人想起诉我
To begin with, they don’t have a ghost of a chance.
但他们没有机会这么做
This town’s finished for me…
我对这城市不再留恋…
at least for a while.
至少这阵子不会留恋
There are certain shades of limelight
强烈的聚光灯
that can wreck a girl’s complexion.
会伤害女孩子的皮肤
They’ll have the rope up at every saloon in town.
我到每间发廊也会受大众注视
I’ll tell you what. When you get back to town,
我告诉你该怎么做 当你回去后
call the New York Times or whoever you call.
致电纽♥约♥时♥报♥或其他随便什么报
Mail me a list of the 50 richest men in Brazil. The 50 richest!
把巴西前五十富豪的名单寄给我 是前五十名富豪
Holly. I won’t let you do this.
赫丽 我不会让你这么做
You won’t? Holly, I’m in love with you.
你不会让我这么做? 赫丽 我爱你
So what? So what? So plenty!
那又如何? 那又如何? 这是很重要的
I love you. You belong to me.
我爱你 你属于我的
No. People don’t belong to people.
不 人们不属于对方
Of course they do.
他们当然是
Nobody’s putting me in a cage. I want to love you.
没有人可将我放在笼内 我不想将你放在笼内 我想爱你!
It’s the same thing.
两者是相同的
No, it’s not! Holly!
不 不是的 赫丽!
I’m not Holly. I’m not Lula Mae, either.
我不是赫丽 也不是露拉美
I don’t know who I am! I’m like cat, a no-name slob.
我不知道自己是谁 我和猫咪都是无名氏
We belong to nobody.
不属于任何人
We don’t even belong to each other.
我们不属于对方
Stop the cab.
停车
What do you think?
你认为怎样?
This ought to be the right place
这儿该适合你
for a tough guy like you, garbage cans, rats galore…
垃圾堆 到处是老鼠…
Scram! I said take off! Beat it!
滚开 我说下车
Let’s go.
起程吧
Driver…Pull over here.
司机…请停在那
You know what’s wrong with you, Miss Whoever-You-Are?
你知道你有什么问题吗? 无名氏小姐
You’re chicken.
你很懦弱
You’ve got no guts.
缺乏勇气
You’re afraid to say, “OK, life’s a fact.”
你害怕承认人生就是这样
People do fall in love.
人们相爱
People do belong to each other,
结成佳偶
because that’s the only chance anybody’s got for happiness.
因为这是人们 获得真正幸福的唯一机会
You call yourself a free spirit, a wild thing.
你说自己野性难驯
You’re terrified somebody’s going to stick you in a cage.
害怕别人将你困在笼子里
Well, baby, you’re already in that cage.
其实你己在笼子里
You built it yourself.
你自己给自己做的笼子
And it’s not bounded by Tulip, Texas, or Somaliland. It’s wherever you go.
这和图纳 德州或索马里无关
Because no matter where you run,
无论你去哪
you end up running into yourself.
你都得面对自己
Here. I’ve been carrying this thing around for months.
给你的 这几个月来我一直带在身边
I don’t want it any more.
我不再需要它了
Here, cat!
猫咪 过来
Cat!
猫咪
Where’s the cat?
猫咪在哪儿?
I don’t know.
我不知道