Are they?
是吗
Are they?
苏格兰的问题就在于苏格兰人太多了
The trouble with Scotland is that it’s full of Scots.
也许是时候恢复一个古老的习俗了
Perhaps the time has come to reinstitute an old custom.
授予他们初夜权
Grant them prima nocte.
初夜
First night.
在他们土地上居住的平民女孩 若要结婚
When any common girl inhabiting their lands is married,
我们的贵族将在她结婚的当夜
our nobles shall have sexual
享有与她发生性关系的权利
rights to her on the night of her wedding.
如果不能把他们赶走 那就让他们变种
If we can’t get them out, we’ll breed them out.
这会吸引我们想要的贵族去苏格兰
That should fetch just the kind of lords we want to Scotland,
无论有没有赋税
taxes or no taxes.
-绝妙的办法 陛下 -是吗
– A most excellent idea, sire. – Is it?
爱丁堡
苏格兰贵族正在爱丁堡聚集召开会议
Now in Edinburgh were gathered the council of Scottish nobles.
其中第十七世伯爵 罗伯特·布鲁斯
Among these was Robert, the 17th Earl of Bruce,
他是苏格兰王位的有力竞争者
a leading contender for the crown of Scotland.
我听说长腿批准了初夜权
I hear that Longshanks has granted prima nocte.
很明显是想吸引更多他的支持者到这儿来
Clearly meant to draw more of his supporters here.
我父亲认为
My father believes that
我们必须骗取长腿的信任
we must lull Longshanks into our confidence
既不支持也不反对他的法令
by neither supporting his decree nor opposing it.
聪明的计划
A wise plan.
你父亲怎么样 我们都很想他
And how is your father? We missed him at the council.
他在法国的事务无法脱身
His affairs in France keep him long overdue.
但他向大家问好
But he sends his greetings,
他说我可以代表布鲁斯家族以及苏格兰
and he says that I speak for all of the Bruces and for Scotland.
都结束了
It’s all over now.
你的石头掉了
You’ve dropped your rock.
这是男子气概的考验
Test of manhood.
你赢了
You win.
那就当做对士兵的考验好了
Call it a test of soldiery, then.
英格兰人不许我们用武器训练
The English won’t let us train with weapons,
所以我们就用石头
so we train with stones.
对士兵的考验不在他的臂膀 而是在头脑
The test of a soldier is not in his arm. It’s here.
不 是在这里
No. It’s here.
你是哈米什吗
Hamish?
给你 孩子
Here you go, son.
给他演示一下
Show him how.
加油 哈米什
Come on, Hamish!
你绝不可能打败哈米什
You’ll never beat Hamish.
加油啊 伙计
Come on there, boy!
我的好孩子
My boy!
扔得不错
That’s a good throw.
是 是啊
Aye. Aye, it was.
我在想紧要关头时你还能扔得好吗
I was wondering if you could do that when it matters.
比如说在打仗的时候
As it matters in battle.
你能用那杀死一个敌人吗
Could you crush a man with that throw?
我可以把你像虫子一样碾碎
I could crush you like a worm.
-是吗 -当然
– You could? – Aye.
那来试试吧
Well, then, do it.
你们想看他把我像虫子一样碾碎吗
Would you like to see him crush me like a worm?
想
Aye.
-来吧 -你会躲的
– Come do it. – You’ll move.
我不会的
I will not.
好吧
Right.
他会躲开的
He’ll move.
加油 哈米什
Come on, Hamish.
加油啊 孩子
Come on there, boy!
干得漂亮
Well done!
干得漂亮 小华♥莱♥士♥
Fine display, young Wallace.
你还好吗
Are you all right?
你看起来有点儿站不稳
You look a wee bit shaky.
我应该记住小时候扔石头的事来着
I should have remembered the rocks.
是啊 你应该记住的
Aye, you should have.
起来吧 大个子
Get up, you big heap.
很高兴再见到你
It’s good to see you again.
我也是 欢迎回家
Aye. Welcome home.
-打到我的头了 -你该躲开的
– Got my head. – Well, you should have moved.
威廉 能跟我跳支舞吗
William, will you dance with me?
当然了
Of course I will.
我来行使我的初夜权
I’ve come to claim the right of prima nocte.
作为这片土地的领主
As lord of these lands,
我将以占有新娘初夜的方式
I will bless this marriage by taking the bride
为这段婚姻赐福
into my bed on the first night of her union.
上帝啊 你不能那么做
By God, you will not!
这是我的贵族特权
It is my noble right.
晚上好 先生
Good evening, sir.
小华♥莱♥士♥
Young Wallace.
非常美好的夜晚啊 是吗
Grand soft evening, huh?
是啊 真美好
Aye, it’s that.
我在想我能否跟您的女儿说句话
I was wondering if I might have a word with your daughter.
你要跟她说什么
What do you want to have a word with her about?
这个嘛
Well…
梅伦 你愿意
Murron, would you like to
在这个美妙的夜晚跟我一起骑马吗
come and ride with me on this fine evening?
这个天气吗 你疯了吧
In this? You’re out of your mind.
这是多好的苏格兰式天气啊 夫人
It’s good Scottish weather, madam.
雨都是直直地下 没有风
The rain is falling straight down.
只是稍微有点儿倾斜
Slightly to the side, like.
-她不能跟你去 -不行吗
– She can’t go with you. – No?
反正现在不行
No the now, anyway.
-现在不行 -现在不行吗
– No the now. – No the now?
回见
We’ll see you later.
天气正好 雨也不怎么下了
The weather’s just fine. It’s hardly raining.
你没听到我说什么吗
Did you not hear what I said?
-梅伦 -梅伦 回…
– Murron! – Murron! Get…
她随你
It’s you she takes after.
过去这么久了 你怎么认出我的
How did you know me after so long?
我没认出你
I didn’t.
只是 我看见你一直盯着我看
It’s just… I saw you staring at me,
但我不知道你是谁
and I didn’t know who you were.
抱歉 我想我是盯着你看了
I’m sorry. I suppose I was.
你有在雨中跟陌生人一起骑马的习惯吗
Are you in the habit of riding off in the rain with strangers?
那样才能让你离开啊
It was the best way to make you leave.
我要是能有勇气再邀请你一次的话
If I can ever work up the courage to ask you again,
我会先给你写一封信
I’ll send you a written warning first.
那没什么帮助 我不识字
That wouldn’t do you much good. I can’t read.
-你不识字吗 -是的
– Can you not? – No.
这可是我们该弥补的 不是吗
Well, that’s something we shall have to remedy, isn’t it?
-你想教我认字吗 -如果你愿意
– You’re going to teach me to read, then? – If you like.
-当然 -认哪种语言
– Aye. – In what language?
你现在是在炫耀了
You’re showing off now.
是啊 佩服了吧
That’s right. Are you impressed yet?
没 怎么 我该佩服吗
No. Why? Should I be?
是啊
因为每一天我都在想着你
你倒立着再说一遍 我就服了你
Do that standing on your head, and I’ll be impressed.
我的苏格兰短裙会飞起来 但我会试试
My kilt will fly up, but I’ll try it.
天哪 你游历期间真是一点礼仪也没学到
God, you certainly didn’t learn any manners on your travels.
法国人和罗马人的礼仪比我还糟
The French and the Romans have far worse manners than I.
你还去过罗马吗
You’ve been to Rome?
是的 阿盖尔带我去朝圣
Aye, Argyle took me on a pilgrimage.
那是什么样的
What was it like?
都没有你美丽
那是什么意思
What does that mean?
很美
Beautiful.
但我属于这里
But I belong here.
梅伦 快进来
Murron? Come in now.
先生 我知道昨晚
Sir, I know it was strange of me
我邀请梅伦一起骑马很奇怪
to invite Murron to ride last night,
但我向你保证
but I assure you…
我们不是为麦克克劳恩的女儿而来