苏格兰
公元1280年
我要讲述的是威廉·华♥莱♥士♥的故事
I shall tell you of William Wallace.
英格兰的历史学家会说我是个骗子
Historians from England will say I am a liar,
但历史正是由那些绞杀了英雄的人书写的
but history is written by those who have hanged heroes.
苏格兰国王去世时没有留下儿子
The king of Scotland had died without a son,
当时的英格兰国王
and the king of England,
残忍♥的异教♥徒♥ 长腿爱德华
a cruel pagan known as Edward the Longshanks,
宣称自己是苏格兰国王
claimed the throne of Scotland for himseIf.
苏格兰贵族们奋起反抗
Scotland’s nobles fought him
但又为王位互相残杀
and fought each other over the crown.
长腿邀请贵族们进行和谈
So Longshanks invited them to talks of truce,
不带武器 只带一名男侍
no weapons, one page only.
当地有个农民叫马尔科姆·华♥莱♥士♥
Among the farmers of that shire was Malcolm Wallace,
他是拥有自己土地的平民
a commoner with his own lands.
他有两个儿子 约翰和威廉
He had two sons, John and William.
我让你待在家的
I told you to stay.
我的活儿干完了
Well, I finished my work.
我们要去哪儿
Where are we going?
马克安得鲁家
MacAndrews’.
他本该在谈判后来找我们的
He was supposed to visit when the gathering was over.
我能一起去吗
Can I come?
不行 回家去 孩子
No. Go home, boy.
但我想去
But I want to go.
回家去 威廉 否则你就要挨打了
Go home, William, or you’ll feel the back of my hand.
回家去 威廉
Go you home, William.
马克安得鲁
MacAndrews!
马克安得鲁
MacAndrews!
上帝啊
Holy Jesus.
-没事的 -威廉 威廉
– It’s all right! – William! William!
威廉 威廉 没事的
William! William, it’s all right.
没事的 别怕 孩子
It’s all right. Easy, lad.
威廉
William.
要我说我们立刻反击
And I say we hit back now!
我们不能反抗他们 那是去送死
We cannot fight them! It’s suicide!
得做些什么
Something’s got to be done.
华♥莱♥士♥说得对 我们要反抗
Wallace is right! We fight them!
所有想要反抗的贵族都在那个会议上
Every nobleman who had a will to fight was at that meeting.
我们打不赢军队
We cannot beat an army.
只靠五十个农民没戏
Not with 50 farmers.
我们不用打赢 只是要反抗
We do not have to beat them, just fight them.
谁支持我
Now, who’s with me?
我支持你 华♥莱♥士♥
I am, Wallace.
好吧 好吧
All right, all right.
就这么定了
Ready.
你这是想去哪儿
Where do you think you’re going?
我要跟你一起
I’m going with you.
你要跟我一起吗
You’re going with me, are you?
-那你打算做些什么 -我会帮忙
– And what are you going to do? – I’m gonna help.
你一定是个好帮手
And a good help you’d be, too,
但我需要你呆在这
but I need you to stay here
在我不在时照顾好这里
and look after the place for me while I’m away.
我可以打仗
I can fight.
我知道 我知道你能打仗
I know. I know you can fight.
但智慧才会让我们成为男子汉
But it’s our wits that make us men.
明天见
See you tomorrow.
-英格兰人 -趴下
– English. – Get down.
你父亲和哥哥都走了
With your father and brother gone,
他们会杀了我们再烧了农田
they’ll kill us and burn the farm.
靠我们了 哈米什
It’s up to us, Hamish.

Da?

Da?
威廉
William.
过来 孩子
Come here, lad.
出自《诗篇》130篇
耶♥和♥华♥啊 我从深处向你求告
De profundis clamavi ad te, Domine.
主啊 求你听我的声音
Domine, exaudi vocem meam.
愿你侧耳
Fiant aures tuae intendentes
听我恳求的声音
in covem deprecationis meae.
耶♥和♥华♥啊 请给予他们永远的安息
Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine.
愿圣光永远照耀他们
Et lux perpetua luceat eis.
请安息吧
Requiescat in pace.
阿门
Amen.
-阿门 -阿门
– Amen. – Amen.
威廉
William.
我是你的叔叔 阿盖尔
I’m your uncle. Argyle.
你长得和你母亲很像
You have the look of your mother.
今晚我们住这里
We’ll stay here tonight.
明天你跟我回家
Tomorrow you’ll come home with me.
我不想离开
I don’t want to leave.
你也不希望你父亲死去 对吗
You didn’t want your father to die either, did you?
但这就是事实
But it happened.
神父不是做了祷告了吗
Did the priest give a poetic benediction?
“愿耶♥和♥华♥赐福给你 保护你”
“The Lord bless thee and keep thee”.
是用拉丁语说的吗
It was in Latin?
你不懂拉丁语吗
You don’t speak Latin?
那我们以后得补上这一课 对吧
Well, that’s something we shall have to remedy, isn’t it?
愿耶♥和♥华♥赐福给你 保护你
The Lord bless thee and keep thee.
愿耶♥和♥华♥的光芒照耀你
The Lord cause his light to shine on thee.
愿耶♥和♥华♥向你仰起脸
The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee
赐你平安
and give thee peace.
阿门
Amen.
你的心是自♥由♥的
Your heart is free.
勇敢地去跟随吧
Have the courage to follow it.
他们在做什么
What are they doing?
用他们自己的方式告别
Saying goodbye in their own way.
亡命的风笛演奏着亡命的旋律
Playing outlawed tunes on outlawed pipes.
我们的父亲去世时
It was the same for me and your daddy
我和你父亲也看到了同样的仪式
when our father was killed.
首先 学会用这里
First, learn to use this.
之后我会教你怎么用这个
Then I’ll teach you to use this.
很多年后
Many years later,
长腿爱德华 英格兰国王
Edward the Longshanks, King of England,
包办了他长子的婚礼
supervised the wedding of his eldest son,
他的长子将继承他的皇位
who would succeed him to the throne.
阿门
Amen.
至于儿子的新娘
As bride for his son,
长腿选择了他的对手
Longshanks had chosen the daughter of his rival,
法国国王的女儿
the King of France.
人们都说如果王妃想怀孕
It was widely whispered that for the princess to conceive,
长腿恐怕要亲自上阵才行
Longshanks would have to do the honors himself.
那也许才是他一直以来所期望的
That may have been what he had in mind all along.
苏格兰 是我的土地
Scotland. My land.
法国人会向任何强国屈服
The French will grovel to anyone with strength,
但如果我们不能统治全岛
but how will they believe our strength
他们又怎会相信我们的强大
when we cannot rule the whole of our own island?
我儿子呢
Where is my son?
请您原谅 陛下 他让我替他来
Your pardon, milord. He asked me to come in his stead.
我让他来 而他派来了你
I sent for him, and he sends you.
需要我离开吗 陛下
Shall I leave, milord?
如果我死后他想让他的王后来统治
If he wants his queen to rule when I am gone,
那你就留下吧 学习一下如何统治
then, by all means, stay and learn how.
请吧
Please.
贵族们
Nobles.
贵族是打开苏格兰的关键
Nobles are the key to the door of Scotland.
分一些北方的土地给我们的贵族
Grant our nobles lands in the north,
分一些英格兰的土地给他们的贵族
give their nobles estates here in England,
让他们贪婪到无法反抗我们
and make them too greedy to oppose us.
但 陛下 我们的贵族不愿离开家园
But, sire, our nobles will be reluctant to uproot.
新的土地意味着新的赋税
New lands mean new taxes,
他们已经为在法国的战争而缴税
and they’re already taxed for the war in France.
是吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!