当你使用那些手法来加强 重现和助长…
When you use those tools to reinforce, reenact, rekindle
对女性的客体化 那就成了个问题
objectifying women, then there’s a problem.
这里是又一部电影
[Nina] Here’s another film,
这次的导演是女性
in this case directed by a woman
且被称为女权主义者
that has been described as feminist.
片中客体化了年纪很小的女孩
It features the objectification of very young girls.
尽管你的电影主题可能会和这部《娇娃们》一样
And while your topic such as in “Cuties”
是关于对女人和女孩的客体化的
can be about the objectification of women and girls,
但在这个例子中
in the case of “Cuties”,
你还是助长了这种实际上是在讨好…
you can still perpetuate a way of shot design
男性观看方式的镜头设计方式
that really appropriates the male way of looking
这其实反复加强了男性凝视
and really just regurgitates that male gaze,
即使你是位女导演
even though you’re a female director.
这点也非常重要:记住 男性对年轻女孩的…
[Nina] It’s important to remember that the male gaze
凝视可不是什么新鲜事了
onto young girls is not a new phenomenon.
《艳娃传》在戛纳电影节上
Pretty Baby was nominated for the Palm d’Or
提名了金棕榈
at the Cannes Film Festival.
莱昂 我觉得我有点爱上你了
Leon, I think I’m kind of falling in love with you.
这是我第一次这么觉得
It’s the first time for me you know.
如果你从未爱过
How do you know it’s love
你怎么知道这是爱?
if you’ve never been in love before?
因为我感受到了它
‘Cause I feel it.
在哪?
Where?
在我腹中
In my stomach.
这种与年轻女性♥交♥换欲望的做法
The reversal of desire with younger women
完全是…
is completely…
随处可见 无处不在 大错特错的
It’s ubiquitous, it’s pervasive and it’s so erroneous
而且贻害无穷
and it’s so harmful.
你总是反复以一种法♥院♥…
I mean, you see it time and again
会支持性掠夺者一边的方式…
in the way that, like, courts will rule in favor
看到这些场面 因为他们会说
of the predator because they’ll say, you know,
“这是双方自愿的”
“It was consensual. ”
老是“自愿”这一套 对吧?
This whole consensual thing, right?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我认为十三岁的孩子根本连自己自愿要做的是什么都不知道
I don’t think the 13 year-old even knew what to consent to.
很难想到任何年轻男孩…
[Nina] It’s difficult to think of any examples
被这样拍摄的例子
where boys are shot like this.
事实上 男孩很早就开始被…
In fact, boys are recruited into the male gaze
男性凝视拉拢
at a very young age.
性感辣妹
Hoochie mama.
啥意思?
What does that mean?
不知道 但我觉得就该这么说
I don’t know but it feels right.
棒极了
Nice.
这是个被长♥期♥使用
[Nina] This right here is a long standing
且非常受欢迎的拍摄女性躯体的镜头设计角度
and very popular shot design angle on a woman’s body.
当然 我们有很多性感男星
Of course, we have many sexy male stars.
他们是怎么被拍摄的?
How are they shot?
几乎总是全身入画并带有动作元素
Almost always full body and involved in some sort of action.
《摘金奇缘》中有一场戏
In “Crazy Rich Asians” there’s a scene
女角色带着欲望在看…
where the woman character looks with desire
她的男友
on her boyfriend.
型爆了!
Hubba, hubba!
显然 他的躯体完整入画 并开始动作
Notably, his body is full frame and he moves into action.
而在卡隆的《罗马》中
Here in Cuarón’s “Roma”
有个男性角色正面全♥裸♥的…
there’s an unusual case of full frontal nudity
少见例子
for a male actor.
而这场戏一直是角色全身入画
And yet consistently it’s full frame on his body
他还在做某种武术动作
and he’s involved in a military style action.
这里还有个更进一步的例子
Here’s even a further example
此处明显被凝视的性化客体
where we have a overt sexualized object of the gaze,
是在俱乐部为女性表演的男人
men performing in a club for women.
但神奇的是 一整段戏里 他们的躯体…
And yet amazingly their bodies are not fragmented
都没有被分割拍摄
for an extended sequence.
我清楚听说也明白!
[men chant] I do know and I’ve been told!
大屌♥里奇有根金屌♥
[lead stripper] Big dick Ritchie got a cock of gold.
大屌♥里奇有根金屌♥
Big dick Ritchie got a cock of gold.
屈服于童贞之王吧
now, let’s give it up for the virgin king.
屈服于童贞之王吧!
Let’s give it up for the virgin king!
将男性躯体作为观看客体…
There’s a kind of taboo on the male body
加以直接展现是一种禁忌
being exposed as the object of the look.
所以他必须以精力充沛的动作自我保护
So he has to be protected by having this energetic drive.
嚯!嚯!嚯!嚯!
Ho, ho, ho, ho!
但另一边厢 女性主角…
On the other hand, the female protagonist
则负责展现这种奇观
takes on this role of spectacle.
全身麻醉?
General anesthetic?
全身麻醉
General anesthetic.
男性主角经常掌控并推进…
And the male protagonist is often controlling the movement
故事展开 掌控着其他人物
of the story forward, controlling people,
掌控着女性并使其服从于…
controlling the woman and subordinating her
自己的意志和决定
to his will and determination.
这样如何?
How’s that?
完美
Perfect.
我总是想到《睡美人》的故事
[Nina] You know, I always think of the sleeping beauty story
也就是我们儿时读过的
where you have, you know, the fairy tale
那类童话故事
that we read as children.
王子一路飞奔 披荆斩棘…
The Prince is galloping along and he chops down
然后来到睡美人的身旁
all the thorns and he reaches the sleeping beauty.
现在你再回顾比如《十六支蜡烛》这样的电影
You look back on a movie now, like “Sixteen Candles”
“我天 那就和约会迷♥奸♥药似的”
“oh my God, that was like a date rape drug. ”
试图把人灌醉什么的
I mean, trying to get people drunk,
对于这类事 我们被灌输直接接受…
I mean, stuff that we’ve been programmed to just accept
实际上已经不是接受 而是鼓励效仿了
and actually not accept, embrace, you know, emulate.
被动客体的地位…
[Nina] In fact, the position of the passive object
被如此根深蒂固地视为属于女性
is so deeply coded as feminine
而女性客体的被动性
and the passivity of that feminine object
又被视为高度与性相关
is seen as highly sexual,
高到比方说 在《下班后》的…
to a point where, for example, in this scene
这场戏里
from “After Hours”
性感的被动客体被动到她其实已经死了
the sexy passive object is so passive, she’s actually dead.
我的角色死了 在床上 而摄影机缓慢下移
I’m dead, in bed, and the camera does go slowly down
拍我的躯体
the stream of my body.
没错 我回头再想那场戏
Yeah, and I look back at that now and just like
“哇喔 我当时…”
“wow, what was I…
那是你曾演过的一部分 你明白吗?
It was just part of what you did, you know?
是整个叙事的一部分
It was part of the storytelling.
关于美丽而无意识女性的故事
[Nina] Stories about very beautiful, unconscious women
不断制♥造♥着某种吸引力
continue to exert a certain fascination.
还是个年轻男人时 我没有意识到
I didn’t realize that as a young man,
我在某种程度上接受了客体化女性的训练
I was, in a way, trained to objectify women.
观看这个演讲让我意识到
What I found in watching this talk was,
如果这个女人是客体 而我们在透过这个镜头
if this woman is the object and we’re looking at this woman
看这个女人
from this lens,
我们会从同样的镜头中看到很多女人
we will see so many women from that lens,
那会让我们以为我们可以
which makes us think we can just have
对女人任挑任选 是吧?
whichever one we want, right?
而当那个女人没有对白
And when that woman doesn’t have the speaking roles,
我们看着她 就像《愤怒的公牛》里那样 听不到她说话
we see her, like in “Raging Bull” we can’t hear her talk.
我们就无从得知她的情绪
So we have no idea of her emotion.
你对她作为一个人是什么样一无所知
You have no idea of who she is as a person,
就像你之前说的
to what you were saying.
那样就会让你以为:我当然可以客体化这些女人
So it’s like, of course I can just objectify these women
我可以随心所欲地使用她们
and just use them and do whatever I want.
因为即使是在我看过的影像中
Because even in the imagery that I’ve seen,
我也从未被逼着去思考她对我的行为…
I’ve never had to think about how she feels
感受如何
about my actions.
哈利·戴恩·斯坦通角色的布光完全立体
[Nina] Harry Dean Stanton in complete 3D lighting.
他闭着眼
His eyes are closed.
我们可以听到娜塔莎·金斯基角色的声音
We can hear Natasha Kinsky’s voice
但我们看不见她 因为我们完全处于…
but we can’t see her because we’re completely
男主角的视角
in his point of view.