是第一部赢得奥斯卡最佳导演奖的
which was the first film where a female ever won
女性导演作品 主题关于男人 主角也是男人
Best Director, was a film about men, featuring men,
内容是慢动作镜头看一群男人炸东西
watching men in action blowing things up in slow motion.
另外 也很有意思的是 这部影片每个制♥作♥部门的头儿也都是男性
It’s also quite interesting that every single department head in this movie was male.
在片场到处看看 性别是个重要因素
Gender is a huge factor when you look around the sets.
事情没有多大的改变
Things haven’t changed that much,
大多数剧组人员都是白男
I feel like it is mostly white men
连在我自掏腰包的我自己的项目里
and even in my own productions where I’ve funded myself,
我雇一个白男 他就会全雇白男
I’d hire a white man and he hires all white men
我心想:“难道我还得特意和你沟通”
and I was like, “Oh, did I have to communicate with you,
“你才知道要增加包容性吗?”
like, to make it inclusive?”
毫无疑问的是
There’s no question that,
因为有那么多的男性摄影指导 95%都是
because so many men are directors of photography, 95%,
男性凝视当然在我们的社会被视为寻常
the male gaze is definitely normalized in our society.
甚至在女性充当电影主角时
Even when a woman is the protagonist of a film,
她也仍经常被客体化和剥削
she is still often objectified and exploited.
这是《魔女嘉莉》的开场戏 影片以此向我们
[Nina] Here’s the opening scene when we are introduced
介绍了嘉莉 影片的主角
to Carrie, who’s the protagonist of this film.
我们在了解她这个人什么样
We’re learning about her as a person,
她不擅长体育运动
she’s clutsy at sports,
组队有她必输
You can’t win a game with her on the team.
她有点受霸凌
She’s bullied a bit.
你吃屎吧
You eat shit.
然后突然 画面切到了女生的更衣室内
Then suddenly, we cut to the interior of the girls’ locker room.
慢动作镜头 朦胧的布光
Slow-mo, fuzzy lighting,
裸体的女人
naked women.
同时一堆男性电影人的名字
All while we have the names of the male filmmakers
叠加出现在这场戏的画面上
superimposed over the scene.
这让你不得不思考…毕竟我上一次在
You have to wonder, I mean, the last time
女更衣室里时 我可没有这样欢快地蹦蹦跳跳
I was in a woman’s locker room I wasn’t prancing around.
当你看到银幕上发生的一切完全是掠夺性的
When you see what’s happening is completely predatory.
用贝尔·胡克斯的话说 这将那种
It takes the development of that, as bell hooks says,
反对性的凝视发展为
oppositional gaze to really kind of like,
不仅只看事物的表面价值
not just take things at face value
并更进一步地探查并提问:
and to investigate a little further and ask, like,
这传递的信息是什么?
what is this communicating?
在这里 我们看到这个被霸凌的女孩
[Nina] So here we get the girl who was being bullied,
这个故事的主角
who was the subject of the story
身处在一场完全不合理的戏里
in a completely non-sequitur scene.
有位学生告诉我
This one student told me,
“当我淋浴时”
“when I’m in the shower,
“我也在想象自己看起来什么样”
I’m imagining how I look.
“我独自一人淋浴时”
When I’m alone in the shower. ”
你甚至连在对自己身体的体验中
You can’t even have an experience of your own body
都难免要用那场戏那种怪异的视角…
without seeing your own body
来看你自己的身体
from this like weird perspective of, you know, that.
有很多例子 我想要以它们本该有的方式
So many of the examples, I wanted to watch and just enjoy,
以它们本该有趣的方式
the way that they are supposed to be,
以它们本该撩人或性感的方式
the way that they are supposed to be fun,
来观看和单纯加以欣赏
the way that they are supposed to be tantalizing or sexy.
我的第一反应是就那样吸收这些内容
My first reaction was to just to ingest it that way,
因为那样是最简单的做法
because that was the easiest thing
而我不得不刻意作出决定 解开我自己…
and I had to consciously decide to lift the veil
感知上的“面纱” 那随之带来了愤怒
of my perception and it brought up anger
也让我想起我妈妈教导我的…
and it brought up the way my own mother taught me
关于如何看待我自己身体的方式 以及她看待…
to think about my body and the way she thought
她自己身体的方式
about her body.
每一分钟 我都在想着我被教导看待…
And I’m thinking about the way I’m being taught
我自己身体的方式
to think about my body on a minute by minute basis.
我们搞定了周边一带
We’ve secured the perimeter
但我觉得我们守不了太久
but I don’t think we should hold it for too much longer.
看《复仇者联盟》时
Well, in watching the Avengers movies,
即使我在看斯嘉丽·约翰逊演“黑寡妇”
even when I’m watching Scarlet Johansson play “Black Widow”
而她的角色非常积极主动 是吧?
and she’s taking a very active role, right?
但我还是觉得女性
It still makes me feel like women,
即使在当下文化中 已站在自主性的顶峰
even at their most empowered in culture right now
也仍然受这种掠夺性的观看方式的束缚
are still subject to this predatory way of looking.
我们看到这个女人 她可能是个厉害角色
We’re seeing this woman maybe as a boss,
但我们还是会看到…
but we are seeing, you know,
没错 她胸部的细节 胸或臀
yes, details of her chest or, you know, boobs, or butt,
之类之类的
or whatever.
因此这以一种潜台词的方式 潜移默化地对你的
So it is working on your brain in a subliminal way,
大脑产生了影响
like, in a subtext.
我认为这确实会有影响
I think it does have an effect
而且我们都很容易受其影响
and we all are susceptible to this.
共♥党♥手中的领导权
Communists claim to leadership
将很快难以为继
can’t be upheld much longer
若剧变并非即将到来
and if rapid change is not forthcoming,
今日相对温和的抗♥议♥
today’s relatively calm protests
将被视为暴风雨前的宁静
could be seen as the calm before the storm.
我今天过得很糟
I’ve had a pretty shitty day so far
但似乎情况变得更糟了
but it looks like it just got worse.
即使在派蒂·杰金斯的《神奇女侠》中
[Nina] Even in Patty Jenkins’ “Wonder Woman”
女主演也几乎看起来像在…
the actress almost looks like she’s walking down
走T台
a model’s runaway.
这非常荒唐:安排这些神奇女性
It’s ridiculous when you have these wonder women,
这些有力量的女性出场 但她们在镜头下
power women, and yet they are shot
被设计的外型 穿的戏服 看起来依然
and they’re stylized, and they’re costumed to look like,
像个后现代芭比娃娃
you know, another post modern Barbie.
如果我们整天看的都是这些
If that’s all we’re seeing,
这就是潜移默化且无处不在的 你不会特别留意到这些
it’s invisible, it’s the air, you don’t notice the air.
于是 女性就有可能复♥制♥这些
So that, it’s just as likely for a woman to reproduce
实质上是在为男性服务的套路
those tropes as it is for a man.
注意比尔·穆瑞的角色 我们能看到他的脸
Notice Bill Murray, we get his face,
能感受到他的感受
we get his feelings.
他的布光是立体的
He’s in 3D light.
他在获得一种体验 一种属于自己的人类体验
He’s having an experience, a human experience of his own,
而女主角的出场
whereas the lead actress is introduced
则身着半透的内衣 朦胧的布光
via see-through underwear, fuzzy lighting,
躯体被割裂
fragmented body.
观众可能会想 这是不是该被当成她的脸
And one might wonder if this is supposed to be her face.
《爆♥炸♥新闻》是个有趣例子 因为影片的内容…
“Bombshell” is interesting because the content of the film
看似是女权主题的
is ostensibly feminist.
主题是关于被职场性骚扰的女性的
It’s about women who were sexually harassed on the job.
她们和罗杰斯·艾尔斯打官司
Then they went into a lawsuit against Roger Ailes
最终打赢了官司
and they actually won.
片中只有一场戏向我们展现了
There’s only one scene where we see
镜头前的性骚扰事件
sexual harassment happening in front of the camera.
让我看看你的腿
Let me see your legs.
我们来看一下这场戏是如何建构的
So let’s watch how that scene was constructed.
这是种视觉媒介 凯拉
It’s a visual medium, Kayla.
来吧
Come on.
高一点
Higher.
来吧 再高一点
Come on, higher.
可以了 凯拉
That’s fine, Kayla.
这个镜头当然不是从凯拉的视角…
Needless to say this shot is not from Kayla’s point
出发的 对吧?
of view, right?
而如果你要真正感受到像是在与玛格特的角色
How would you shoot that scene where you really felt
感同身受 同时避免剥削或客体化她
like we’re feeling what Margot is feeling,
你会怎么拍摄这场戏?
but not being exploitative about it or objectifying her?
如果我们只是暗示 将镜头停留在她的脸上
Could it have been better if we just implied it
是不是会更好?
and stayed on her face?
我是说 那也是种可选的拍法
I mean, that would’ve been another choice
我们也可展现她对那个男人的凝视
or if we showed her gaze on the guy
看着她更多更久地注视那个男人
and just watch her watching him more, you know.
本可以有其他拍法的
There could’ve been other ways to do it.
正如奥黛丽·洛德说过的
As Audre Lord said,
“用主人的工具永远无法…”
“The master’s tools will never dismantle
“拆除主人的房♥子”
the master’s house. ”
这话也同样适用于以男性凝视拍摄电影
We could apply that quote to the male gaze way of filming.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!